The King of Hate Forums
sateler96

Dunkirk (2017)

Just a short Teaser but super excited for anything Nolan puts out especially since this is his first War Film even though idk why its coming out in July and not in Oscar Season 

Screenshot_2016-08-04-19-22-47.png

The Cast

Edited by sateler96

I think Nolan is somewhat overrated except for Memento. That's definitely up there as a good film. 

I'm fairly burnt out on WW2 films too. Dunno if I should expect something special from this one. 

Interesting. Usually you know the outcome of this ww2 movies, they end with the allies winning. (obviously) But this one is from the earlier stages of the war, when the Axis are winning the occupation of western Europe. So this might be a very different ww2 movie than what you usually see. 

So, this is the acting debut for Harry Styles of One Direction.  I don't know how to feel about this. Wasn't Harry the one to leave 1D?  It's a big step in maturity to go from being in a pop boy band to acting in a serious war film.

2 hours ago, MasterOfAwesomeness said:

So, this is the acting debut for Harry Styles of One Direction.  I don't know how to feel about this. Wasn't Harry the one to leave 1D?  It's a big step in maturity to go from being in a pop boy band to acting in a serious war film.

Well Nolan we trust 

1 minute ago, GALAFREEDFROMDESIRE said:

Interesting to see Nolan tackle the war genre. Interstellar and The Dark Knight Rises were letdowns. As far as creativity is concerned, Dunkirk will tell me if he has anything left in the tank.

I actually love all his films 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

I actually love all his films 

Cool. I admire Nolan. He brings out the best from actors whether it's Gary Oldman (Commissioner Gordon) in "The Dark Knight" or Cillian Murphy (Scarecrow) in "Batman Begins". My only problem with Nolan is that he has often been guilty of overcooking his films with ideas and the story suffering, as a result.

He is awesome. I'd put him behind Paul Thomas Anderson and Danny Boyle out of the filmmakers of UK.

Edited by GALAFREEDFROMDESIRE

25 minutes ago, GALAFREEDFROMDESIRE said:

Cool. I admire Nolan. He brings out the best from actors whether it's Gary Oldman (Commissioner Gordon) in "The Dark Knight" or Cillian Murphy (Scarecrow) in "Batman Begins". My only problem with Nolan is that he has often been guilty of overcooking his films with ideas and the story suffering, as a result.

He is awesome. I'd put him behind Paul Thomas Anderson and Danny Boyle out of the filmmakers of UK.

For me is my 2nd favorite

I love Danny Boyle

But PHA eh his last film was awful 

But least his nezt film will have Daniel Day Lewis in it 

25 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

For me is my 2nd favorite

I love Danny Boyle

But PHA eh his last film was awful 

But least his nezt film will have Daniel Day Lewis in it 

Paul Thomas Anderson is phenomenal. Boogie Nights, Magnolia etc. are works of a colossal magnitude. Inherent vice is a hard film to like because it keeps the viewer at a distance, but awful? I disagree. It's a good, if hard to like, film.