The King of Hate Forums
MDCFAN101

Who do you think is the most powerful superhero and why?

Who do you think is the most powerful superhero and why?  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

It is I, MDCFAN101 here to give you another interesting thread.  Over the years, people have been debating on who is the most powerful superhero.  Well guess what, I'm giving you guys the opportunity to express your thoughts. 

However, I want this thread to be civil, non trolling/spamming nor non fanboyish/girlish.

Well before I state my answer:

This list:

Superman: OK

Batman: Fantastic Hero, but on a most powerful list? I know certain movies depict him as the same level of power as Superman, but no. He relys to much on conventional weapons.

Hulk: OK

Silver Surfer: OK

One Punch Man: Awkward pick, but its debatable

Martian Manhunter: Resembles Superman but pretty sure Superman would beat him so shouldn't be on the same list.

Dr. Manhattan: The most powerful person on this list. Awesome character.

Flash: Should absolutely not be on any "Most Powerful" list. Everyone on this list would defeat him easily.

On this list i'd pick Dr. Manhattan over all of them. Kind of hard to defeat someone that can reconstruct himself at the molecular level. His only close match is Superman, which would be defeated easily once Dr Manhattan created kryptonite out of thin air.

Okay. I'll indulge this topic even though I think there are problems with trying to rank the powers of fictional characters.

One-Punch Man (in the manga he's never called this, by the way, his name is Saitama) is a character who's meant to defy logic, so I'm not sure if it's a good idea to pit him against serious characters. He's satire on over-powered anime/manga heroes but we haven't actually seen his full power yet (in cases where he's fought promising opponents, he's always held back his power to allow them to show off, rather than him being genuinely challenged). So it's hard to say what his upper limits are, if they even exist.

Batman is smart and all, but he doesn't belong on the same list as Doc Manhattan. 

That being said, it's hard to decide since most of these characters have multiple incarnations, and I haven't read comics enough to be familiar with all those incarnations. I'll just say that any characters who can manipulate reality at the subatomic level, reality warpers, characters with godly powers, and any top-tier magicians who have strong durability to match their powers (magic should be super-powerful since it's supposed to be the essence of defying logic) would be on my short list for ridiculously powerful characters. In truth, matter manipulators like Doc Manhattan should be able to end fights more or less instantaneously by disintegrating their opponent, but I guess that's not often how it plays out in comics. If two top-tier reality warpers got into a fight with each other, it seems that it would be hard to decide the winner there.   

Superman Prime is also ridiculously powerful, from what I hear. Not sure if there's an indisputable winner here so I'll abstain from voting. Just wanted to contribute my thoughts.

Edited by KingBunghole
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, KingBunghole said:

Okay. I'll indulge this topic even though I think there are problems with trying to rank the powers of fictional characters.

One-Punch Man (in the manga he's never called this, by the way, his name is Saitama) is a character who's meant to defy logic, so I'm not sure if it's a good idea to pit him against serious characters. He's satire on over-powered anime/manga heroes but we haven't actually seen his full power yet (in cases where he's fought promising opponents, he's always held back his power to allow them to show off, rather than him being genuinely challenged). So it's hard to say what his upper limits are, if they even exist.

Batman is smart and all, but he doesn't belong on the same list as Doc Manhattan. 

That being said, it's hard to decide when most of these characters have multiple incarnations, and I haven't read comics enough to be familiar with all those incarnations. I'll just say that any characters who can manipulate reality at the subatomic level, reality warpers, characters with godly powers, and any top-tier magicians who have strong durability to match their powers (magic should be super-powerful since it's supposed to be the essence of defying logic) would be on my short list for ridiculously powerful characters. In truth, matter manipulators like Doc Manhattan should be able to end fights more or less instantaneously by disintegrating their opponent, but I guess that's not often how it plays out in comics. If two top-tier reality warpers got into a fight with each other, it seems that it would be hard to decide the winner there.   

Superman Prime is also ridiculously powerful, from what I hear. Not sure if there's an indisputable winner here so I'll abstain from voting. Just wanted to contribute my thoughts.

Friend, your input is welcome.

Nice KingBungHole,

Yeah i was just looking over the list and Dr Manhattan just blows everyone else out of the water on this list, especially The Flash of all people on the list cause he gets constantly defeated by exponentially lesser beings let alone in the likes of Superman and Dr Manhattan. I think even Batman can defeat The Flash with just his wittiness alone. Even though he's not a hero i'd replace Flash with Thanos and Batman with Thor to make the list a little more challenging.

did I say list enough times or you guys think I needed a couple more in that statement lol.

Definitely Hulk. His superhuman powers keeps increasing, everytime he transforms, fights, or even when he gets injured or cut.

Batman is probably one of the only heroes, who can find a way to stop him though.

Edited by musicboy
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, musicboy said:

Definitely Hulk. His superhuman powers keeps increasing, everytime he transforms, fights, or even when he gets injured or cut.

Batman is probably one of the only heroes, who can find a way to stop him though.

Thanks for answering.  Hulk is incredible powerful.  I do think Batman and a few other heroes can find a way to stop him.

• Like 1