The King of Hate Forums

I had mentioned this on the old forums, but it never really had a chance to build attention before the site went down.

From what I can gather, the goal of TWIP is to inform viewers of what is to come, and when it is coming. Setting these expectations is beneficial, but is not delivered in an effective manner. TWIP videos consistently lingers around 20 minutes in length. In my opinion, this is too long for delivering a schedule. The process should be fast, easy, and simple. As it is now, Phil tends to delve deep into details that are often tentative. As a result, a lot of the information isn't necessary. In addition, TWIP usually includes a segment that is more like a Week in REVIEW. In this section, Phil discusses everything he had already done instead of focusing on the future, which is the initial objective of the vlog. Personally, I find this segment redundant and unnecessary. Sure, it is good to inform all viewers what has been going on, but I am unsure if this outlet is the most appropriate to do so. 

Bottom line, I believe that TWIP is a series that is helpful and remain to exist. However, keeping things simple would make it that much better. Personally, with all the schedule changes due to unforeseen circumstances and senseless ramblings, I have stopped watching TWIP. I much prefer viewing the schedule being posted on Twitter, a much more direct method. I hope this is seen as constructive criticism.

• Upvote 2

As it is now, Phil tends to delve deep into details that are often tentative. As a result, a lot of the information isn't necessary. 

​I disagree.  It's the week in preview, not the week set in stone.  All things are subject to change and I think it's better he just lay out all possibilities.  Plus, you just know it's going to be a shitstorm if he switched to the format you're suggesting and then he had to change something for reasons beyond his control.

As far as the week in review part, yeah maybe it doesn't really belong in the video, but honestly when else is he going to talk about it? Split the video into two parts and upload "The Week In Review" and "The Week In Preview"?  I don't see the point and again, another shitstorm will start as people whine about chopping videos up to get more money.  A better idea is probably to just add an annotation or timestamp in the description that you can click to skip ahead to the preview part if you want to.

Ultimately if you watch the Week In Preview OR use Twitter OR now the homepage...

....as long as you use some method to stay in-the-know on what I'm doing, I'm cool with it. That's why I have multiple ways!

Nothing irks me more than someone asking me on twitter/stream chat when I'll be playing a game, or why I haven't played one, when I blatantly explained it multiple times in TWIP and Twitter!!!

• Upvote 4

Maybe it would be a good idea to split the video into two segments. Start with what games you are playing or are not and why and then make the second half about any important announcements or recent event.

It would allow people who just want to know what you're going to play to watch the beginning and then tune out, if they want to avoid any drama, negativity or just don't care. Which would be most helpful to any new comers to the channel,  though i'm not sure how many newcomers you get on your channel, so it might end up not being worth it.

Also you tend to start with what has been going on, rather than games and from time to time jump between topics and it might help you stay on topic, if you set what you're going to talk about and when.

In the end it's up to you though, It doesn't really matter to me that much, i end up watching the whole The Week in Preview most of the time anyway and i follow you on twitter.

It's just something to think about. :)

​I disagree.  It's the week in preview, not the week set in stone.  All things are subject to change and I think it's better he just lay out all possibilities.  Plus, you just know it's going to be a shitstorm if he switched to the format you're suggesting and then he had to change something for reasons beyond his control.

As far as the week in review part, yeah maybe it doesn't really belong in the video, but honestly when else is he going to talk about it? Split the video into two parts and upload "The Week In Review" and "The Week In Preview"?  I don't see the point and again, another shitstorm will start as people whine about chopping videos up to get more money.  A better idea is probably to just add an annotation or timestamp in the description that you can click to skip ahead to the preview part if you want to.

The fact that the week is not set in stone is why I recommended "dumbing" some things down a bit. In some of the busier weeks, it is almost impossible to perfectly project what is going to happen. I just felt that almost too much effort was being put in without it paying off on the other end. Ultimately, Phil is correct. He can conduct TWIP how he finds fit, and I can decide what method I want to use (twitter). The goal is to always maximize efficiency.   

How about having only one place to share the schedule? Now that the website is running, it seems to be the best option as it would be accessible from one place and could be constantly updated. Week in preview videos on the other hand are far too long (imo) and very often outdated the very next day as the schedule changes. 

How about having only one place to share the schedule? Now that the website is running, it seems to be the best option as it would be accessible from one place and could be constantly updated. Week in preview videos on the other hand are far too long (imo) and very often outdated the very next day as the schedule changes.

​eh, I like to watch them on my way to work on Monday mornings. It's basically a free vlog dude. :/

​eh, I like to watch them on my way to work on Monday mornings. It's basically a free vlog dude. :/

I think my suggestion would consolidate all schedule stuff into place, making it less confusing and off-putting for other people including newcomers.