The King of Hate Forums
JPress15

Worst Remakes to Movies

As the topic states, what is the worst remake of a movie you have ever seen?

I had this idea after seeing that god awful Annie remake that not even Jamie Foxx could save and he in my opinion was the best actor of the movie, but was still pretty bad. So that is why to me Annie(2014) is one of the worst if not the worst remake I have ever seen so let me know what you all think is the worst remake to a movie in your opinions.

• Upvote 1

The Nightmare on elm street remake from 2010. Its nowhere near as haunting or scary as the original, it puts special effects over atmosphere and horror.

​That is quite true, but I feel like Jackie Earle Haley did a pretty good job as Freddy and if the script and other actors were actually better then I feel that it could have been a fantastic remake.

​That is quite true, but I feel like Jackie Earle Haley did a pretty good job as Freddy and if the script and other actors were actually better then I feel that it could have been a fantastic remake.

​I will give it that it at least tried to be scary instead of being campy and silly like the later Nightmare movies were.

​I will give it that it at least tried to be scary instead of being campy and silly like the later Nightmare movies were.

​Yeah I felt like the Nightmare on Elm Street movies got just more and more campy as they went on while the first movie had me terrified to go to sleep and I still kind of am, But if I was to say a remake that really pissed me off is the new From Dusk til Dawn series. I just hate how they tried to keep the original story, but changed so much and I just feel that George Clooney was fantastic for that role as Seth.

Halloween now i dont hate it, it just dont live up to the original

And im gonna predict the Point Break Remake coming this is gonna be garbage

​I kind of have the same feeling about the upcoming Fantastic Four remake.

​I kind of have the same feeling about the upcoming Fantastic Four remake.

​Well i have slight hope for Fox cant be that stupid to a great cast like that and good director who is gonna make a Star Wars movie soon and its the same team from Days of Future Past

Psycho (1998)

Vince Vaughn is not Anthony Perkins...

Hitchcock movies should be left alone, and this was just plain aweful. People always say, don't ever remake a Hitchcock film, it's classics. So what do they do... do a shot for shot remake... 

All they wanted was a payday off a successful movie, but thank God the audiences are smarter than they give us credit for. Don't watch this movie! Ouch!

Psycho_15644_Medium.jpg

• Upvote 1

Psycho (1998)

Vince Vaughn is not Anthony Perkins...

Hitchcock movies should be left alone, and this was just plain aweful. People always say, don't ever remake a Hitchcock film, it's classics. So what do they do... do a shot for shot remake... 

All they wanted was a payday off a successful movie, but thank God the audiences are smarter than they give us credit for. Don't watch this movie! Ouch!

http://thekingofhate.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2015_01/Psycho_15644_Medium.jpg.ae32a3ab9a49673e93a7716e4083e44a.jpg

​The shot for shot remake was an interesting idea but you can't capture that same feeling the original had, when you're remaking a film you want to at least make it feel fresh but at the same time staying true to the source material.

• Upvote 1

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)

I usually love Johnny Depp movies, but this one just ruined one of my childhood favourites! And don't get me started on those awful Oompah Loompah's!!!  :ohmy:

9d773a46d4dcc4d1603244192878c12a_zpsff14

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

I usually love Johnny Depp movies, but this one just ruined one of my childhood favourites! And don't get me started on those awful Oompah Loompah's!!!  :ohmy:

​The Tim Burton movie is closer to the book.

​The Tim Burton movie is closer to the book.

​Yes you're right, for me though it felt so different from the original and I guess that's why it wasn't a hit with me :) 

The Wicker Man

To some it may be a guilty pleasure movie (me included) hahaha. Funny as hell by the way ;)

But everyone knows this movie is horrible and killed the spirit of the original. Ahhh Nicholas Cage... 

keep-calm-and-ahhhh-not-the-bees.png

Clash of the Titans

Horrible remake that actually in many ways disrespected the original in so many ways. I was so excited to see Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes together on screen again. (Since the epic Schindler's List) Such a tragedy... 

This movie is Bad... don't believe me? Ask the cast, even they agreed and stated that to the public. 

clash_of_the_titans.jpg

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)

​This.

They could have kept the vanilla Charlie & The Chocolate Factory and I'd be okay with that, honestly.

Same goes for a lot of other titles.

​This.

They could have kept the vanilla Charlie & The Chocolate Factory and I'd be okay with that, honestly.

Same goes for a lot of other titles.

​I feel that Depp is great and all, but sometimes he's just weird for the sake of being weird (Please go see Into the Woods to see just what I'm talking about).

I also feel that if they had made Charlie's character a little bit more believable, it could have been a lot better I mean that kid was just a fucking saint and it was actually quite nauseating.

Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes (2001)

It's just vacuous popcorn crap that has none of the impact of the original or even the recent Apes movies.

​I never watched Planet of the Apes in all honesty, if you can believe that. :|

Leprechaun Origins

I usually support WWE Studios... hell, I actually enjoyed some of them. But this...

I'm not by any means saying the original was a classic. I wanted the reboot and was so excited to see it. 

All I can say is: Stay far away from watching this, it's soooooo bad

leprechaun-origins-poster_610x907.jpg