The King of Hate Forums

How about doing Final Fantasy IX on Sept. 30th now?

Phil doesn't want to play any JRPG's after he was defeated by Persona 3 unless they're new releases. I agree he should play a longer game on his back burner playthrough cause the only games that are releasing & worth playing in the next 45days is Dues Ex & ReCore. Unless he jumps back into the sports world.

Well me too, but isnt the reason hes been starting spamming old games is bcos theres "no new release games" or its his gig or something? Monster hunter gen alone could ve covered his whole julys "dead month" but he didnt even talked about it. The games a hit, got great reviews and many ppl are playing it. Some of his old game choices from his patrons and from himself i cant really relate to cos i never played them so im just suggesting ones that i can. He can also start playing mobas too, lots of ppl are playing them and lots of choices. Heroes of the storm is the most noob-friendly. But seeing him proposing old games i assumed that is his intention to play old ones.

55 minutes ago, cooper said:

He has no idea what he is talking about. Called FF14 a flop.... yet its the second biggest mmo on the market next to WoW. The launch and original game was a flop FF14 reborn was an astounding success and the best mmo ever made. 

Just to clarify, he corrected himself on twitter later on that day. He meant to say that it wasn't mainstream.

6 minutes ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

Just to clarify, he corrected himself on twitter later on that day. He meant to say that it wasn't mainstream.

To be fair you can't say in your video "The game is a fucking flop" "It's a failed mmo" etc multiple times throughout and then go to twitter where most of his viewers aren't and say "I didn't mean flop. I meant not mainstream".

Silent what does that even mean though? FFXIV has 6 million unique accounts years after release and even if just 5% of those accounts are still active..300,000 active players isn't some underground minuscule MMO. Like I said I hope Phil goes on this Limit Breaker Radio Show hes been invited too to have a discussion about these extremely speculative opinions he's pushing off as facts.

24 minutes ago, Borg_Tech said:

Silent what does that even mean though? FFXIV has 6 million unique accounts years after release and even if just 5% of those accounts are still active..300,000 active players isn't some underground minuscule MMO. Like I said I hope Phil goes on this Limit Breaker Radio Show hes been invited too to have a discussion about these extremely speculative opinions he's pushing off as facts.

From what he says on twitter, he's meaning that only the hardcore FF fans are the ones that are interested in and are playing FF 14. It could be true, it might not be, I don't really know. Maybe we will get some answers on that on the radio show.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

but then he still claim that ff13 AND ff14 actively HURT the francise and ff series is in decline bcos of it in his latest prestream before scarface. Clearly he still thinks ff14 failed which is VERY wrong.

ff14 arr received alot of praises from both players and reviewers internationally and the producer wutever dude that name Yoshida something receive some sort of international level award of the year for rebooting a crappy mmo turning it into a huge success. I remember him very well cos the players love him and he listens to alot of player feedbacks. quite an amount of ppl from wow also transferred over bcos at the time wow was in boring phase (wow wont die tho, probably nothing could kill it). I also transferred over from wow and played it since launch for 2 years. Dont remember if they ever announced current active subscribers but around less than half a year in maybe? the cumulative players alrdy reach like 1.2 million. Not much ppl will drop the game yet with only half a year running so the active subscribers will probably be close to that number. With the no.1 mmo title like wow having arnd 6 million active subs (latest before they stopped announcing at 5.5 million), that is a pretty impressive number. Never heard any game got that close to wow, but i might missed some info with guild wars 2 (f2p).

i played the game, followed its news and enjoyed it for 2 years. I think i know a thing or two about it more than he does. Also, i played ff7-9, tactics and ff14arr thats it. I would want to call myself a ff fan but im not that hardcore. Phil played ff6, a lil of ff7,10,12, 13, 13-2 and more?(not sure) we r on the same level or he is even more of a hardcore fan than me. Just sayin.

• 1 month later...

I agree with Phil that ff14 ARR isn't perfect. Every NPC talks like they're in medieval times or were taught by Shakespeare, everytime I encounter an npc I shouldn't have to process what they're saying in order to understand what they want me to do. I cannot stand the crafting system and the crafters charge too much for armor on the auction board thing when there's actually stuff for sale around my level. The final straw was when they forced me to group to complete a required quest,

Btw Phil isn't the only person that didn't like FF14 ARR go watch Spoony's video review it's hilarious.

1 hour ago, Tahdel said:

I agree with Phil that ff14 ARR isn't perfect. Every NPC talks like they're in medieval times or were taught by Shakespeare, everytime I encounter an npc I shouldn't have to process what they're saying in order to understand what they want me to do. I cannot stand the crafting system and the crafters charge too much for armor on the auction board thing when there's actually stuff for sale around my level. The final straw was when they forced me to group to complete a required quest,

Btw Phil isn't the only person that didn't like FF14 ARR go watch Spoony's video review it's hilarious.

You don't like that fictional characters in a magical world made by Japanese people do not speak with 100% modern English vernacular? 
And it's far from all, spent weeks on that game and encountered like 5 NPCs that spoke ye olde English.

The crafting i will give you, that shit is a minefield of information to process when you first get into it.

And *Gasp* You had to interact with other human beings in an online massively multiplayer game? Oh the humanity.

No but seriously though if you don't want to interact with other people why play an mmo? That's like playing street fighter but you're a pacifist who hates fighting.

As for the gear being too expensive i can't say much on that because i never had that issue. Money wasn't hard to come by and i didn't need to buy from the auction house much because quests give you all the gear you need.

Edited by Nation