The King of Hate Forums
Sam

General Patreon Suggestions/Discussion

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Sam, first off, your post is too long. Second, there's nothing valid or legit in it. YouTubers won't collab with me NOT because they think I'm a bad person (in reality Seamus and the Creatures LIKE me, I've talked with Seamus a few times about how I actually inspired him to do YT videos altogether and the like; he even wanted to have dinner with me once until the Creatures got SWATed and fucked it all up). The won't collab because they know it won't bring ANYTHING but drama/negativity to them FROM MY DETRACTORS. To make a video with me means to expect hundreds of immature kids spamming thumbs down and nasty comments on your video. Look at smaller guys whove had me on their podcasts/shows or just to talk fighting games; that's exactly what happened, and it'll happen again.

IT IS DIRECTLY THE DETRACTORS WHO HAVE FUCKED ME INTO NEVER COLLABING, because other YouTubers don't want to deal with their bullshit as a result. Period. And Sam, I know you won't ever see it that way because I know you're one of them (duh). Your entire post, quite frankly, is a VERY illogical hypothesis based on nothing but being defensive about yourself. Grow up, kid.

I'm sorry for making long posts. I like to be sure I explain myself, but admittedly I do go too long sometimes. I will make this shorter.

You can tell the rest of the world anything you want, but be honest with yourself at least, Phil. The only person you will hurt by not doing so is yourself.

Disclaimer: I don't want this misconstrued. The above statement is not an insult. It is advice based on me assuming that you don't really believe what you said there. If you do deep down truly believe that the detractors have the power to not only scare away every other youtuber, but also nullify the merits others see in your work and channel and collabing with you, then I can not help you and neither can anyone else and I will stop trying.

1 hour ago, BrightSideViking said:

TL:DR: Some of the detractors have legitimate points, you should be more based when talking about other youtubers, some have a understanding of negativity and trolling, and someone will probably work with you? 

Is that about right? 

If so then you have some valid points. If phil is open to it, an opportunity will arise eventually. 

That was a very good summary for the most part. The only part I wasn't saying was "someone will probably work with you". I have no opinion on whether someone will or won't work with Phil. I was just saying that if in his own words no one wants to collab with him, then it can't solely be due to the detractors. It is simply too large a number of people for them all to chicken out due to some mean comments on twitter or their videos.

I also wasn't trying to say that the detractors had any legitimate points. I was saying that if people don't largely dismiss them, then there must be at least some small truth to what is said. It's less about the detractors themselves and more about people actually listening to them.

Edited by Sam
Discliaimer added

22 minutes ago, Sam said:

That was a very good summary for the most part. The only part I wasn't saying was "someone will probably work with you". I have no opinion on whether someone will or won't work with Phil. I was just saying that if in his own words no one wants to collab with him, then it can't solely be due to the detractors. It is simply too large a number of people for them all to chicken out due to some mean comments on twitter or their videos.

I also wasn't trying to say that the detractors had any legitimate points. I was saying that if people don't largely dismiss them, then there must be at least some small truth to what is said. It's less about the detractors themselves and more about people actually listening to them.

Right now it looks like it is slowly killing him, but it don't have to be that way. If you just take two steps back and look at the situation from a bigger perspective. What we have Is a guy playing videogames on a stream, and does reviews of videogames,  Hamburgers, and movies. How bad can you make that out to be right? Well add in that it is his job, and it looks like he have won best job in the world competition. Well maybe it is time to realize and just laugh at people that are envious. Fuck pride and do not try to live up to their ideals. They will always shift the goal post and ignore everything good he does anyways. Smile be happy and laugh at them please. The only thing giving their legitimacy is  grief, anger and bitterness. Raging an being angry at something is not a bad thing per se, but when it comes out with a bitter and twisted tone it is not good. People have to be able to laugh at the situation. 

If you don't want to be videogameasshole, just taunt it and make fun of hit. Use it ironically in your favour.    Who in their right mind would not like to colab with and support videogameasshole. As long as there is a tone of irony it is just funny. Right?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sam said:

Sure, it's called the TIHYDP movement. That movement, alone, gave unlimited range to troll me, regardless if anything was true or not that's been said. Those vids take my unedited gameplay, completely take out ANYTHING positive about it (of which there is a lot, but it's missing from those montages) and presented the outside viewer with a case that I shouldn't EVER have gotten any kind of popularity on YouTube because ALL I do is suck at games and rage at game developers. Of course, completely false, as I wouldn't have gotten popular if that were the case.

Yes, a portion of my RAW UNEDITED gameplay IS indeed that, but it's far from the majority. But to those that aren't avid viewers or fans, they saw those TIHYDP montages and immediately wrote me off - and because they were edited to be both funny and insulting as well as completely negative, they went viral. It became "cool" to hate on me, and there was literally nothing I could do about it.

Once the TIHYDP movement took off, and people were getting hundreds of thousands of views on their previously unwatched YouTube channels for them, people tried to find every conceivable way to get attention for themselves by deriding me; soon it wasn't just about my gameplay, but instead going into my past and digging up single moments, statements out of context, ANYTHING to make me look like an evil human being and stir up MORE drama and attention for themselves. And it worked, because the vast majority of YouTube viewers are kids who are uneducated, immature, WANT to believe drama and don't want to do 5 seconds of research to find the truth. 

Case in point: the "ragequitting" incident. I've NEVER legitimately ragequit a fighting game match, period, while on YouTube. But when AlphaOmegaSin outright called me an infamous ragequitter in one of his videos, and I called him out on it, tons of complete morons started citing my quitting of OTHER games. WHICH LITERALLY HAS FUCKING NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SUBJECT, but they don't care. They'll say "you quit this game, here's video proof!" and even if they're disputed or discredited, the vast majority of people BELIEVE them because the TIHYDP movement TAUGHT THEM that I'm a bad person who does awful things, and shouldn't ever be trusted or believed. They literally talk themselves into a world of factually incorrect things and just want to believe them no matter what.

I could REALLY make a great comparison for those people, as there are many groups in the world who just simply believe what they want despite actual facts disproving them at every point: flat Earthers, people who think global warming is a myth, etc. ANYBODY who watches TIHYDP/any of those personally slanderous videos and believes its fact without actually looking into it is literally as stupid as those people I just mentioned. But sadly, THERE ARE A LOT OF THEM, EVEN OTHER YOUTUBERS! Just because someone did something to get internet notoriety doesn't mean they're actually intelligent, sadly. Some of us seek truth, others just ride the "waves of drama" for cheap, immature fun. And that's why there are so many people that hate me, without any actual merit.

29 minutes ago, BrightSideViking said:

Right now it looks like it is slowly killing him, but it don't have to be that way. If you just take two steps back and look at the situation from a bigger perspective. What we have Is a guy playing videogames on a stream, and does reviews of videogames,  Hamburgers, and movies. How bad can you make that out to be right? Well add in that it is his job, and it looks like he have won best job in the world competition. Well maybe it is time to realize and just laugh at people that are envious. Fuck pride and do not try to live up to their ideals. They will always shift the goal post and ignore everything good he does anyways. Smile be happy and laugh at them please. The only thing giving their legitimacy is  grief, anger and bitterness. Raging an being angry at something is not a bad thing per se, but when it comes out with a bitter and twisted tone it is not good. People have to be able to laugh at the situation. 

If you don't want to be videogameasshole, just taunt it and make fun of hit. Use it ironically in your favour.    Who in their right mind would not like to colab with and support videogameasshole. As long as there is a tone of irony it is just funny. Right?

This is great advice and if Dsp were to adopt this mindset I think he'd be generally happier and more attractive to new viewers. 

30 minutes ago, Phil said:

Sure, it's called the TIHYDP movement. That movement, alone, gave unlimited range to troll me, regardless if anything was true or not that's been said. Those vids take my unedited gameplay, completely take out ANYTHING positive about it (of which there is a lot, but it's missing from those montages) and presented the outside viewer with a case that I shouldn't EVER have gotten any kind of popularity on YouTube because ALL I do is suck at games and rage at game developers. Of course, completely false, as I wouldn't have gotten popular if that were the case.

Yes, a portion of my RAW UNEDITED gameplay IS indeed that, but it's far from the majority. But to those that aren't avid viewers or fans, they saw those TIHYDP montages and immediately wrote me off - and because they were edited to be both funny and insulting as well as completely negative, they went viral. It became "cool" to hate on me, and there was literally nothing I could do about it.

Once the TIHYDP movement took off, and people were getting hundreds of thousands of views on their previously unwatched YouTube channels for them, people tried to find every conceivable way to get attention for themselves by deriding me; soon it wasn't just about my gameplay, but instead going into my past and digging up single moments, statements out of context, ANYTHING to make me look like an evil human being and stir up MORE drama and attention for themselves. And it worked, because the vast majority of YouTube viewers are kids who are uneducated, immature, WANT to believe drama and don't want to do 5 seconds of research to find the truth. 

Case in point: the "ragequitting" incident. I've NEVER legitimately ragequit a fighting game match, period, while on YouTube. But when AlphaOmegaSin outright called me an infamous ragequitter in one of his videos, and I called him out on it, tons of complete morons started citing my quitting of OTHER games. WHICH LITERALLY HAS FUCKING NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SUBJECT, but they don't care. They'll say "you quit this game, here's video proof!" and even if they're disputed or discredited, the vast majority of people BELIEVE them because the TIHYDP movement TAUGHT THEM that I'm a bad person who does awful things, and shouldn't ever be trusted or believed. They literally talk themselves into a world of factually incorrect things and just want to believe them no matter what.

I could REALLY make a great comparison for those people, as there are many groups in the world who just simply believe what they want despite actual facts disproving them at every point: flat Earthers, people who think global warming is a myth, etc. ANYBODY who watches TIHYDP/any of those personally slanderous videos and believes its fact without actually looking into it is literally as stupid as those people I just mentioned. But sadly, THERE ARE A LOT OF THEM, EVEN OTHER YOUTUBERS! Just because someone did something to get internet notoriety doesn't mean they're actually intelligent, sadly. Some of us seek truth, others just ride the "waves of drama" for cheap, immature fun. And that's why there are so many people that hate me, without any actual merit.

I completely agree with you analysis. You are 100% right, but You can never bitterness it away.  You can laugh of it and have fun with it. TIHYDP Is just like a muppetshow. Where fred fuchs is kermit. It is not ment to be serious. And they are all puppets/avatars The joke is on you, but so what. Do you think going around yelling at the muppets, saying their stupid get you anywhere? 

Please phil, laugh at the muppets, don't be angry with them. 

Brace yourself for a long post, I guess. Not that yours was all that short either.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

I've NEVER legitimately ragequit a fighting game match, period, while on YouTube.

Is there such a thing as an illegitimate ragequit of a fighting game match? What would that be considered? That's a real question, btw, since I'm unsure why you felt the need to qualify it. Is it to stop people from bring up the times when you give up during a match and let the opponent kill you such as that one infamous Injustice match against Deathstroke?

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Since you brought up the ragequitting incident, let's talk about it. First for reference, here is AOS's video about SFV where he called you a ragequiter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWWw7-QOviQ&t=3m31s

The segment about ragequitting starts at around 3:31 and ends at roughly 4:16. You are mentioned at 3:52. The following is a rough, slightly paraphrase transcript of the relevant part for those who do not wish to watch the video, though I highly recommend anyone who cares about this does as opposed to just taking my word for it.

"Oh Oh Oh, rage quitters. When somebody who is gonna sit there and get butt hurt over losing in a match and shit and they're just gonna, you know miles and miles of excuses as to why they're losing and it can be a million and one different things. it's never a lack of I don't know skill. Oh don't want to say some shit like that. then they become fucking DarkSydePhil and they just like I'm gonna fuckin cry or maybe rage quit and get out of there. There's no penalty for that shit. As a matter of fact, them rage quitting is going to help them."

Now maybe it is just the way I'm reading it or I guess heard it in this case, but I've never understood this to be him calling you a ragequiter and certainly not an infamous one. Yes, he is on the subject of ragequitting and he does say that part about "rage quit and get out of there" right after referencing you and I'm not even sure that "or" is there. it might just be a comma, but I don't think that was aimed at you. If you notice, he says rage quitter but then starts talk about people making excuses for losing which isn't about rage quitting so he's off subject already and going on a tangent. It's this part about making excuses and crying cause you lost and having no skill that he is accusing you of. He used you as an example of that and then ran on that this same type of person, but not you specifically, might also rage quit. He talks fast and doesn't properly pause or seperate thoughts so that's why it seemed he was calling you a ragequitter as well.

Short version: I think you misinterpreted what AlphaOmegaSin meant. Also he mentioned you offhand as an example during a 45 second segment out of a 9.5 minute video; not really that big of a deal. Wasn't like the whole video was about you. Might have been a slight overreaction.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

And it worked, because the vast majority of YouTube viewers are kids who are uneducated, immature, WANT to believe drama and don't want to do 5 seconds of research to find the truth.

See, this is the stuff I'm talking about. Saying the vast majority of YouTube viewers are kids, uneducated and immature isn't going to make people want to collab with you. You just insulted their audience. You insulted practically the entire Youtube viewer base as well, which is going to turn away potential new viewers as well. It can also be assumed from such a statement that you believe your viewers are the exception and are thus intelligent, mature adults. It doesn't even have to be assumed, since you actually flat out say it half the time. While making people feel like they are better or special for watching you will attract a certain small group, mostly that elitism is going to rub the majority of people the wrong way.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

ANYBODY who watches TIHYDP/any of those personally slanderous videos and believes its fact without actually looking into it is literally as stupid as those people I just mentioned. But sadly, THERE ARE A LOT OF THEM, EVEN OTHER YOUTUBERS! Just because someone did something to get internet notoriety doesn't mean they're actually intelligent, sadly. Some of us seek truth, others just ride the "waves of drama" for cheap, immature fun. And that's why there are so many people that hate me, without any actual merit.

You are saying that the only people who dislike you are the stupid ones who don't look into it. In other words, no one who is intelligent and does research dislikes you. So to sum up, according to you, it is impossible for anyone who has the facts to not like you. I'm going to let that sink in for a moment because that is literally the meaning of what you said.

One final thing and it is a question spawned by your last sentence. You say all these people hate you without any actual merit, which has made me curious; is there anyone who hates you that does have actual merit? It doesn't even have to be hate since that's a strong feeling. That's a real question too and I really want to know. You can ignore everything else I said if you want, just please answer that one question.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BrightSideViking said:

I kind of see his point though. 

You should do, you should remember it from the other 500 times we've seen it on here.  If these people had any relevant points to make re: Phil they were lost long ago amid the repetition and other bullshit.  Their message is as diluted as pouring a capful of squash in the pacific ocean

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, BrotherLono said:

You should do, you should remember it from the other 500 times we've seen it on here.  If these people had any relevant points to make re: Phil they were lost long ago amid the repetition and other bullshit.  Their message is as diluted as pouring a capful of squash in the pacific ocean

I like it! Haha!

Now I've seen these detractors in action on Twitter, I am starting to see Phil's point!

• Upvote 1

On 27/08/2016 at 3:54 AM, Phil said:

Phil, don't waste time on those drama queens who only seem to be stirring up negativity, really not worth it. 

8 hours ago, Ivor_Dehaney said:

I like it! Haha!

Now I've seen these detractors in action on Twitter, I am starting to see Phil's point!

Indeed, it really is an amazing example of fundemental problems with the gene pool.

• Upvote 1

Hello friends, I just donated $5 to our Glorious Leader and I have a couple questions.

How do I participate in the Patron's Choice playthrough vote?

How do I claim my patron-exclusive forum privileges?

I can provide a screenshot of the transaction as proof, if proof is needed.

Thank you, see you all in stream chat.

P.S. I posted the above comment in a thread I made, because I didn't see there was already a Patreon general here. If a staff/admin can please delete that thread I would appreciate it, because I can't figure out how.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Octobird said:

Hello friends, I just donated $5 to our Glorious Leader and I have a couple questions.

P.S. I posted the above comment in a thread I made, because I didn't see there was already a Patreon general here. If a staff/admin can please delete that thread I would appreciate it, because I can't figure out how.

good job man!

11 hours ago, Octobird said:

That is cool man. At the end of the month you get a mail through patron from phil, you give him your details there, and they upgrade your account. 

11 hours ago, Octobird said:

Quickest way would be to email Phil. I'm sure he will provide you with instructions on what you need to do and when you need to do it. You probably will have to wait until some time next month when he gives out the perks officially. Kind of a bummer since with instant charge now, there really is no reason not to give people their perks(at least the ones that don't involve making a special video) immediately.

19 hours ago, BlonderSTS said:

good job man!

9 hours ago, BrightSideViking said:

That is cool man. At the end of the month you get a mail through patron from phil, you give him your details there, and they upgrade your account. 

8 hours ago, Sam said:

Quickest way would be to email Phil. I'm sure he will provide you with instructions on what you need to do and when you need to do it. You probably will have to wait until some time next month when he gives out the perks officially. Kind of a bummer since with instant charge now, there really is no reason not to give people their perks(at least the ones that don't involve making a special video) immediately.

Alright, thanks for the info guys.

Had a couple ideas and suggestions for rewards and goals on Patreon for @Phil.

Bring back multiple goal tiers: In the beginning, there were multiple tiers for the monthly goal instead of being all or nothing like it is now. I think bringing back some lower, smaller goals would be nice. For instance, with the current goal of the retro playthrough, make that the lowest goal and then the upper ones can be like stretch goals. So if you get this amount, say $750, you will play one of the 3 games, but if you reach $1000, you will play another of the games and if you get to the top level of say $1250, you will play all three games. If that is too much to play or too big of a time investment then do it in reverse. Make the top goal a full playthrough, but the lower goals will only be a certain number of sessions. For $500, you could promise 4 gameplay sessions and then $1000, could be 8 sessions and so forth. You could even diversify them and make all the goals for entirely different things like you used to in the beginning. I just think it would be a good idea to make sure patrons always get a goal of some type instead of potentially nothing. It's a way to keep them content.

Change the goal type: The goal is always the same thing, it's always an event and it has gotten stale and boring. Making it a video or playthrough, which is what you do normally, gives the impression of it being not worth it and like a cheap cash grab. Why not try making it something that more visibly helps you or is an improvement. You are always talking about how if everyone gave a dollar you'd never have to mention views or care about them or how patreon is an integral part and lets you continue to do this, so make the goal reflect that or work towards it. Something like "if we reach this goal, I won't talk about views at all this month" and then you can repeat that every month. It can be a permanent goal. That's just an example, but I think even something like that would motivate people more than paying you to make a series of videos that you are going to get paid for making by Youtube anyway, just like all your regular videos. Another example would be to set a goal to hire someone to help, such as an editor. You could keep your current amount of $1250 and instead say you will use x amount of it to hire someone to help put together footage for reviews or a montage and the rest will go to back into your "business".

Lastly and this is for the rewards themselves, how about adding one that allows a patron to do guest commentary for a video or multiple videos or just be apart of a stream with you. You could make it a $30 reward and would serve as a nice bridge between the $20 and $50 gap. Plus, having another person to talk to or play off of would help in the boring parts of a game and would also rejuvenate your commentary as whole since I think a lot of people lately have been complaining about it being subpar. It should be pretty easy to do as well and not require much setup. Just use something like Discord or another voice chat program, connect to the patron at the specified time and then you can just have them watch the stream on their end and comment with you and talk to you. If you wanted to be fancy, you could even set up a screen share with them so that you wouldn't have to worry about any delay from them watching the stream. I can't tell you how many streamers and YouTubers I've seen have guest with them on occassion and how much it helps their video or stream.

Sorry this was so long, but I wanted to  try to spell out my suggestions some so they'd be easier to implement and wouldn't be disregarded as just vague advice without any thought on how to do them.

• Upvote 1

I am going to start a Patreon to fund me to fly out to Seattle and interview Phil on hard hitting questions that he does not answer on these forums. It shouldn't be alot, I am just looking for basic airfare and hotel stay. I will pay for my food and rental car. Would anyone be willing to pledge a dollar for a question I guarantee I will ask him? 

28 minutes ago, Wonderboy1126 said:

I am going to start a Patreon to fund me to fly out to Seattle and interview Phil on hard hitting questions that he does not answer on these forums. It shouldn't be alot, I am just looking for basic airfare and hotel stay. I will pay for my food and rental car. Would anyone be willing to pledge a dollar for a question I guarantee I will ask him? 

You should probably ask DSP first if he will even agree to the interview.

Altho i wont donate to u cos i still dunno who u r, im very interest in this "interviewing phil" thing. I dont remember when was the last time i see him talking to another person thats not leanna. I also was excited when limitbreakradio invited phil to join their podcast on twitter and he was like

"Are u serious? If u are then shoot me an email then we can talk business!"

god knows how that went.

3 hours ago, Wonderboy1126 said:

A go fund me would probably be a lot more easier to get money since patreon is on a monthly basis and you'd have to give backers some rewards .

Edited by Noir

47 minutes ago, RamboJ said:

Why don't we allow Patreons over $40 a month to be mods for a month. 

Because that would allow certain militant elements of the forum to buy power and anyone on the other side of the spectrum, even remotely would find themselves on the receiving end of a witch hunt most likely.

power should not be bought, it should be earned.

1 hour ago, RamboJ said:

Why don't we allow Patreons over $40 a month to be mods for a month. 

Dude, that is such a horrible idea. If anyone wanted to troll and ruin the forums, they could easily just donate the $40 and we'd have another situation like with the end of the last iteration of the forums, only this time it'd be intentional.