The King of Hate Forums
BrightSideViking

Phils Checkmark on twitter!

Im verified on Twitter and I run a small gaming channel, really nothing much other than people knowing you're official if they want to socialize with you. But I dont get a fraction of the amount of trolling Phil gets so it might do wonders for him. I never saw it as a big deal since Twitter is dying anyways.

Just now, QuadLache said:

Im verified on Twitter and I run a small gaming channel, really nothing much other than people knowing you're official if they want to socialize with you. But I dont get a fraction of the amount of trolling Phil gets so it might do wonders for him. I never saw it as a big deal since Twitter is dying anyways.

yea at least it seem to be on some downward trend. But I would not say dying until some viable alternative is in place. 

17 minutes ago, TraditionalGames said:

So can Phil actually get trolls shutdown?

My knowledge of Twitter is admittedly a little limited, but unless they are outright impersonating him, no, I do not believe he can shut down trolls now any more than he could prior.

Twitter seems very selective on when, how and on who to enforce their rules and I don't think being verified is one of those criteria. It seems to be based more on social or political standing and if your views align with those of the Twitter CEO.

8 hours ago, TraditionalGames said:

So can Phil actually get trolls shutdown?

As far as i can tell only the ones that are impersonating him.

He's not Leslie Jones, he doesn't have the status or fame needed to get actual involvement from twitter when it comes to people talking shit or harassing him but the impersonators he should be able to deal with. Or at least it'll just avoid confusion as to whether you're talking to the right thing.

• Upvote 1

now when i think about it, its not that of a big deal that he got verified. people that impersonating him and harasses him gonna get shut down, good. 

what about the people that talk shit and spread lies and misinformation ? what about all of those "expose" videos about him? verified means shit to all of that.

8 hours ago, BlonderSTS said:

now when i think about it, its not that of a big deal that he got verified. people that impersonating him and harasses him gonna get shut down, good. 

what about the people that talk shit and spread lies and misinformation ? what about all of those "expose" videos about him? verified means shit to all of that.

You're right, it's really not that big of a deal, you might think it was due to the shitstorm it's stirred up especially by those who don't have a blue tick next to their twitter name. Really odd thing to be jealous of really.

You guys talk alot about trolls/detractors, seems to get a pass here which is cool. But i've had at least two of my comments deleted talking about Phil's content. What gives?

And since we are talking about Trolls and Twitter, even though I don't consider him a troll but he does dislike DSP:

1.png

Not sure if its aimed at DSP but he picked a hell of a time to say it.

Edited by QuadLache

And if you stopped and thought about it, not checked whatsisnames twitter, you would learn that due to new rules twitter have recently verified a LOT of new people, hence "too many" and he was probably comedically referring to the fact being verified doesn't carry as much prestige.

Can you actually think about anything past DSP to actually learn that is probably a fact and is what Pewdiepie was saying?  While DSP may be the primary focus of others lives it's not Pewdiepies.  Did you really think after making verification easier they then went and only gave Phil the tick?

1 hour ago, BrotherLono said:

Irrelevancy

The Twitter Verification process lightened up mid July some weeks ago, Phil was verified the other day, PewDiePie said that comment the day after. Like i said, the timing was coincidental, but again if you would of completely read my statement, you would of learned that already. But its ok, I have a hard time concentrating sometimes too.
Ok then.

-Back on Topic-

Anyways, some say Twitter is dying but for me it's still the fastest way to receive "news" (I use that term very lightly). Hope Phil remains verified cause like he said in the video, they're a shitload of copycat accounts out there. They've confused me once or twice before at first look.

Granted from time to time Phil says some pretty stupid or at least ill advised shit on twitter, some of it though is actually warranted as he is indeed replying to weirdos and idiots, other times it's wholly unwarranted but in spite of that it's easy not to be fooled by imposters as they usually only tweet variations of the same three jokes.  Considering these imposter types claim to dislike Phil they spend a lot of time trying to be him.  Is that an oxymoron? Or just a moron? It's hard to tell sometimes.