Jump to content
The King of Hate Forums

Will this hardcore gaming season be too much for Phil? & Bring Back Giveaways


QuadLache

Recommended Posts

Hey guys.

I just want to know, with all the games that coming November and December. Will this Hardcore Gaming Season be too much?

Last year I remember a few games being released every week and Phil really couldn't keep up, either quit the game cause it wasn't getting that much attention or just flat out got bored of the game. With so many games to cover, will he be able to keep up with demand? Already Deus Ex is out of the question for  a full playthrough because of time limits and interest and we are not even in the thick of the season. Phil should really pick and choose the games he thinks are going to have longevity and stick to the games that he enjoys instead of spreading himself thin this season. Im pretty sure spreading himself thin and not completing every game to completion will piss off more people than skipping a new release for later and continue playing a game he's invested time in.

What happened to the hardcore gaming season giveaways? I wish they would comeback, I generally looked forward to them and they would entice the fans to stick around the channel to see if they've won anything.

Just my two cents, thanks.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think he can handle it, but probably shouldn't. Your advice about picking and choosing either games he really enjoys or ones that have staying power is really good and I think he'd be much better off if he did it that way. Currently, I think his plan will be too stressful for him and will pull in too many directions which will hurt both the quality and how many tune in for the games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hardcore gaming season is just something phil has made up? I kind of like the expression but it is more or less a philism right? 

As long as he enjoys what he is doing and think it is fun he should continue doing it. If he finds a particular game boring or have to make a forced effort he should just drop it. No matter how popular or big the game is. And if he needs a break he should take one. If a person burn him or herself out there is really nothing you can do. To be burned out might end a carrier, and lead to disability, or at least a very long recovery time. So it is better to rest when signs of fatigue is showing than burn yourself out. It is a reason that usually every person that works at least have one day of in the week. I think it is a bit worrying seeing someone work everyday. If it is completely effortless It might be cool. But every business usually hires someone to fill in in case of illness, or just to have some time off. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not exactly sure where the OP gets his/her information?

-Deus Ex isn't out of the question as a full playthrough. I've already stated I'm playing it until the end, but it just won't be live streamed; it'll be my 2nd offline session of gameplay for a couple of weeks.
-I already DO pick and choose games. There were actually 5 releases this last week, and I picked 2. Nuka-World (the final DLC for Fallout 4) won't be played until Deux Ex is completed to avoid double-RPG syndrome. I'm purposely skipping tons of games this gaming season (Dragon Quest 7 3DS/Forza Horizon 3/Titanfall 2/Civilization 6/Call of Duty:
Infinite Warfare just to name a few) because I know there isn't time for them among the other games I want to play more.
-It was explained years ago that the Hardcore Gaming Season Giveaway happened when I was making far more money and could afford to do it. I cannot now. I don't have a large amount of disposable income like I used to, so if I even DO pick up a physical copy of a game, that game gets traded in so I can spend the credit on future games. In addition, shipping cost was HUGE for those giveaways; every time someone outside of the USA won, it cost anywhere from $30-60 to ship something as simple as a T-SHIRT to them! If I were still getting the viewership/money I was from 2010-2013 today, I'd still do the giveaway, because I could afford it. I'm not, so I can't. Very simple answer here, and this is probably the 50th time I've stated it.

Why do people keep posting up threads like this, when all of the answers are public knowledge???

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The thing im worried about is the boring factor. I have no idea how did he manage to make deus ex so boring for me. I was rlly looking forward to the pt but now i couldnt keep up with it cos i fell asleep b4 half way thru every stream. I probably need to watch other channels pt for a more concised pt with the time limitation that i have.

still hoping he wont get too salty and pick up ffxv tho, and not being boring.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Phil said:


-It was explained years ago that the Hardcore Gaming Season Giveaway happened when I was making far more money and could afford to do it. I cannot now. I don't have a large amount of disposable income like I used to, so if I even DO pick up a physical copy of a game, that game gets traded in so I can spend the credit on future games. In addition, shipping cost was HUGE for those giveaways; every time someone outside of the USA won, it cost anywhere from $30-60 to ship something as simple as a T-SHIRT to them! If I were still getting the viewership/money I was from 2010-2013 today, I'd still do the giveaway, because I could afford it. I'm not, so I can't. Very simple answer here, and this is probably the 50th time I've stated it.

 

 

My bad, I forgot about the reason. DSP, just keep doing what you are doing. Once you feel comfortable, give it a consideration. Anyways, like I said earlier in another thread. I am really enjoying your Hitman(2016) playthrough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Phil said:

Why do people keep posting up threads like this, when all of the answers are public knowledge???

This isn't the worst one to be honest. I would believe it is to have a discussion about it. Where you can clarify some points people are wondering. What  Might help you is a phil pedia, Or some FAQ on your site and it will probably fix it. 

Sometimes it is to much to even use a search function on a forum. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Phil said:

Not exactly sure where the OP gets his/her information?

-Deus Ex isn't out of the question as a full playthrough. I've already stated I'm playing it until the end, but it just won't be live streamed; it'll be my 2nd offline session of gameplay for a couple of weeks.
-I already DO pick and choose games. There were actually 5 releases this last week, and I picked 2. Nuka-World (the final DLC for Fallout 4) won't be played until Deux Ex is completed to avoid double-RPG syndrome. I'm purposely skipping tons of games this gaming season (Dragon Quest 7 3DS/Forza Horizon 3/Titanfall 2/Civilization 6/Call of Duty:
Infinite Warfare just to name a few) because I know there isn't time for them among the other games I want to play more.
-It was explained years ago that the Hardcore Gaming Season Giveaway happened when I was making far more money and could afford to do it. I cannot now. I don't have a large amount of disposable income like I used to, so if I even DO pick up a physical copy of a game, that game gets traded in so I can spend the credit on future games. In addition, shipping cost was HUGE for those giveaways; every time someone outside of the USA won, it cost anywhere from $30-60 to ship something as simple as a T-SHIRT to them! If I were still getting the viewership/money I was from 2010-2013 today, I'd still do the giveaway, because I could afford it. I'm not, so I can't. Very simple answer here, and this is probably the 50th time I've stated it.

Why do people keep posting up threads like this, when all of the answers are public knowledge???

 

Really? You're not even going to try the Titanfall 2 campaign?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TraditionalGames said:

Really? You're not even going to try the Titanfall 2 campaign?

It was a consideration, but look at the release schedule:

-Battlefield 1: October 21
-DB Xenoverse 2, the Last Guardian AND the first Dark Souls III DLC: October 25
-Titanfall 2: October 29
-My Halloween Special: October 31

There's no way in hell I'm going to be able to cover Battlefield, Last Guardian, DBX2 AND a Dark Souls III DLC in a week. I'll barely have scratched the damn surface of them in that timeframe! Plus taking a day away for a possible Halloween special...it's just not gonna happen. And if I don't play it absolutely on launch day, nobody will give a damn. Hell, almost nobody cared when I played the pre-alpha. ONLY FPS-geared gamers really care about these FPS franchises anymore (Halo, COD, and Titanfall) while Battlefield seems to be getting ALL of the mainstream hype. We'll see, but for me it's probably a skip.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well the WiP just confirmed what I thought. The game releases are already spreading Phil then.

Not going to play the Nioh game? Wow.
Nuka-World DLC will won't be played till October. Totally fine with me.
I don't see reviewing King Of Fighters and you only played half the characters let alone the whole game but im not even watching the playthrough so..doesn't affect me.
Dragon Quest 7 - Don't understand why you're not playing it.
Forza - Really don't understand why you're not playing it
Titanfall 2 - Really??
Civ 6 - Not surprised cause it's a complicated game and I go to someone elses channel or stream it myself.
CoD Infinite Warfare - Again i can stream or watch somewhere else.

So even though its admirable to choose not so many mainstream new releases to stream. I wouldn't be surprised if most these games give you low views.

The giveaways, yes i understand shipping cost are ridiculous. Only thing I can think of doing is shipping out loot crates, but I have no clue if you would get a discount or the shipping cost internationally would be.

Anyways catch you when i can Phil, I have alot of streaming to do as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Phil said:

Not exactly sure where the OP gets his/her information?

-Deus Ex isn't out of the question as a full playthrough. I've already stated I'm playing it until the end, but it just won't be live streamed; it'll be my 2nd offline session of gameplay for a couple of weeks.
-I already DO pick and choose games. There were actually 5 releases this last week, and I picked 2. Nuka-World (the final DLC for Fallout 4) won't be played until Deux Ex is completed to avoid double-RPG syndrome. I'm purposely skipping tons of games this gaming season (Dragon Quest 7 3DS/Forza Horizon 3/Titanfall 2/Civilization 6/Call of Duty:
Infinite Warfare just to name a few) because I know there isn't time for them among the other games I want to play more.
-It was explained years ago that the Hardcore Gaming Season Giveaway happened when I was making far more money and could afford to do it. I cannot now. I don't have a large amount of disposable income like I used to, so if I even DO pick up a physical copy of a game, that game gets traded in so I can spend the credit on future games. In addition, shipping cost was HUGE for those giveaways; every time someone outside of the USA won, it cost anywhere from $30-60 to ship something as simple as a T-SHIRT to them! If I were still getting the viewership/money I was from 2010-2013 today, I'd still do the giveaway, because I could afford it. I'm not, so I can't. Very simple answer here, and this is probably the 50th time I've stated it.

Why do people keep posting up threads like this, when all of the answers are public knowledge???

 

Why not just do digital giveaways then? i mean at least a few steamcodes or giftcards is better than nothing 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, BrightSideViking said:

This isn't the worst one to be honest. I would believe it is to have a discussion about it. Where you can clarify some points people are wondering. What  Might help you is a phil pedia, Or some FAQ on your site and it will probably fix it. 

Sometimes it is to much to even use a search function on a forum. 

Maybe they don't read what Phil says and only listen to the usual blerts on twitter.  Least clever clever people ever. Trevor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2016 at 1:35 AM, Noir said:

Why not just do digital giveaways then? i mean at least a few steamcodes or giftcards is better than nothing 

really that post a while back about making it a bonus you get for pledging would work

10 bucks can get you say 50 dollars of random steam games would get at least 10 new people there's always five dollar steam games

of course you need to do some loopholes...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, MosesJewsavich said:

He'll have plenty of time for playing all the games you want him to. I can see him view quitting many of the games coming up.

who cares if the game sucks? why would i want to watch that. as long as he doesn't quit something decent it's fine by me. 

Edited by Bailey_Dakota
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...