The King of Hate Forums
QuadLache

No More Monitized Drama Videos On Youtube. (Is DSPGaming in Trouble?)

2 hours ago, QuadLache said:

"You make meaningful/interesting content -> ppl watch your stuffs -> you get popular -> companies contact u/ u contact companies -> make some deals trading ur accessibility to viewing audiences with their money. "

Thats Youtube Business 101 to be honest.

Or luck out with a couple videos -> gain a sizeable audience -> never make breakthroughs, upgrades or put more than the minimal effort -> hope one of your videos go's viral once a year just to keep you sailing....until you fizzle yourself out or Youtube does it for you.

I see you a lot making references like "I'll be on Twitch" and youtube business 101" and do on and so forth.  Do you have expertise in all matters youtube and business and do you have evidence of being successful enough at it to give advice?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, BrotherLono said:

I see you a lot making references like "I'll be on Twitch" and youtube business 101" and do on and so forth.  Do you have expertise in all matters youtube and business and do you have evidence of being successful enough at it to give advice?

I'm willing to bet the answer is a no.  

It's amusing people seem to think they know what it's like to be a successful Youtuber like Phil but can't recreate this life for themselves?

Edited by Bailey_Dakota

We'll see,  I have every confidence in QuadLache being a successful youtuber making plenty of chedda.  Nobody with that much swagger would pretend to be knowledgeable just to be contrary towards Phils responses.  Maybe he even has interesting content and I'll subscribe.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BrotherLono said:

We'll see,  I have every confidence in QuadLache being a successful youtuber making plenty of chedda.  Nobody with that much swagger would pretend to be knowledgeable just to be contrary towards Phils responses.  Maybe he even has interesting content and I'll subscribe.

It makes me angry when people talk about Phil not knowing how to run his business when he's done it successfully for years! 

• Upvote 1

It's interesting, because according to YouTube, they never changed anything. They're just actually telling people that the videos have been demonetized, meaning that the videos have always never made any money. So really, it doesn't affect anything if this is true.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

It's interesting, because according to YouTube, they never changed anything. They're just actually telling people that the videos have been demonetized, meaning that the videos have always never made any money. So really, it doesn't affect anything if this is true.

I think it's more the fact that videos are now, out of nowhere, getting demonetized. It could be that the videos were always getting demonetized but people never got the notifications and now they do.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Upvote 1

To counter BrotherLono,
The amount of traction, or should I say FRICTION this website seems to maintain, plus the amount of eyes that are always watching Phil and his outlets.. I'd be a damn fool to put out my Twitch channel on this forum. Not to mention im sure advertising on this forum is against the rules. So though it'd be interesting to open up a new market of viewers to my channel, I respectfully decline to put my information on here. Don't be misconstrued either, I said I run a small channel. I find streaming and commentating a great hobby of mine, but by no means is it my bread and butta (BSV PM'd me what you think of me, and unfortunately im not the troll you long for BrotherLono).

I would never, ever, make this a full time thing. Family, Friends, Work, my budding computer repair business, and my social life all come before Twitch. If I ever found myself in financial straits and my Twitch channel blew up, you'd better make damn sure I would be saving everything that wasn't being spent on bills or the fans of the channel and invest it to other, more stable profitable ventures in my life.

And as far as being successful, clearly DSP and you guys have a different definition of successfulness than I do, but all that boils down to is a matter of perspective. So take that what you will.

Silent, you're right. They've been had those rules. But only now started to enforce them. Think of it like at some campuses they're "No Stepping On Grass" signs, but if you're late to class, you're running on that damn grass, and usually no one would care. Now imagine if there was an out of control bonfire on that grass and people just kept coming to it breaking the "law" for years, now they're officers standing around ready to enforce the law. Thats Youtube in September 2016.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, BrotherLono said:

Strangely there has only been one string of messages between myself and BSV and you were certainly not mentioned, probably happened before you were here.  Only an old member who got boomed off this site for being an idiot was mentioned.  Really no need to make things up now is there?

Im sorry what did you say, im making things up? He specifically said he had concerns about me being another person and with your blatant "coding" of me being registered as butta, well its obvious you think the same, here:

1.png

So again what were you saying? This has gone long enough i will be reporting you. But before you go i'll adress your other concerns.

19 minutes ago, BrotherLono said:

And nobody asked you to give up your channel names just to explain why you talk like you have the key to youtube success and throw your ideas around like they are gods gidt to youtubers in need and what experience you have of such things as YT and Twitch and why anyone would take your advice over anyone elses?    If you are being true you could help Phil.  I just dont get how you are here asking Phil this and asking Phil that but get all defensive when you're asked questions.  Puzzling to me that is.

For the third time now, 3 strikes your out. I never said I had the key to success on youtube, but again, if you would of read my comment fully, you'd realize that. THis is a forum, a forum is to converse  different ideas, my ideas were directed at Phil but obviously you took them to heart when I wasn't even talking about you as far as Youtube careers go. I tried helping Phil and he called me ignorant, so the deal ends there, much like any other relationship on Youtube he'd rather burn the bridge first then ask questions later. Sorry, real business doesn't work like that, and I don't work like that.

So now, your blatantly wrong, confused, and anyother verb, adjective, or noun i can use to project pure unawareness. This wont happen again.

Ok then.

Oh did you invent the word quad? Didn't know only you were allowed to use it. I reported you again as clearly you're just here to cause drama which is not what the forum is for, having read the rules.

Your account was created 20 minutes ago then directly responded to me. /failtroll. Im sure the mods here are smart and intuitive enough to realize whats going on here. Obviously you're so visibly upset at me and only me. So long el doppleganger.

4 minutes ago, Quadfather said:

Quad why do you derail every thread with off topic comments?

DSP has nothing to worry about here, hes never made a drama video.

i dunno maybe bcos phil mention about angryjoe's alienware "sell out"? And here i am also trying to say he should do the same thing, just choose what u actually like so u doesnt need to be a sell out.  Heres a case study: why do u think just only one guy with no support who started drawing game animations for 1 game that he likes on youtube 4 years ago now able to hire 5 more dudes to help him draw animations for 3 more games and got a support from said game company and got hundreds of thousand subs alrdy? Bcos he got popular from the content created then he contact those game companies for support and use that money to further improve his contents.

ps: pure observation, no business degree needed. And the hardest part in the "youtube 101" thingy is create meaningful/interesting content. But i cant give suggestion on that, cos im not a youtuber/content creater/wutever. Thats phils job to think of something up.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, QuadLache said:

Your account was created 20 minutes ago then directly responded to me. /failtroll. Im sure the mods here are smart and intuitive enough to realize whats going on here. Obviously you're so visibly upset at me and only me. So long el doppleganger.

Dude what is going on? I am trying to decode your messages, are you having a complete meltdown or something? I don't understand what you are saying and why you  are saying it. But we never discussed Lono, you asked who butta was, and I gave you an answer.  That is all Is all I have to add to this.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

Yeah and that's worrying. They've admitted that they would demonetize videos but now they've decided to tell the youtuber. Think of how many videos were demonetized and no one knew. They could have actively cost youtubers so much money in the last year.

I'm still waiting to see how this turns out because yes this spells bad news for drama channels (which is the key point people are focusing on) there's still the possible abuse of this system and how it can affect (and has effected) non drama channels that remains to be seen. 

9 hours ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

I think they're lying. I'm sure people would be aware if they could/couldn't monitize their videos.

1 hour ago, TraditionalGames said:

I think they're lying. I'm sure people would be aware if they could/couldn't monitize their videos.

Well, I have 60k videos on YouTube. Unless they actively contacted me to tell me that one had advertisements removed, I'd never know. It's not that NEW videos can't get ads, but that older videos are having them removed.

It seems all of the videos being affected are old - as in, months to years old. New videos get knocked out of the "video manager" queue within days, so it's impossible to tell if advertisement is removed an older video there. And, in YouTube Analytics, you can break it down to individual videos - but most videos don't get significant new viewership after just a few months. So in a lot of ways, having the ads removed doesn't even have much of a negative effect, at all, as long as it's months after that particular video was new.

In actuality, what this whole situation seems like isn't "which videos can be monetized" but instead "which videos can be PERMANENTLY monetized, after at least a few months have passed." 

13 hours ago, Phil said:

Well, I have 60k videos on YouTube. Unless they actively contacted me to tell me that one had advertisements removed, I'd never know. It's not that NEW videos can't get ads, but that older videos are having them removed.

It seems all of the videos being affected are old - as in, months to years old. New videos get knocked out of the "video manager" queue within days, so it's impossible to tell if advertisement is removed an older video there. And, in YouTube Analytics, you can break it down to individual videos - but most videos don't get significant new viewership after just a few months. So in a lot of ways, having the ads removed doesn't even have much of a negative effect, at all, as long as it's months after that particular video was new.

In actuality, what this whole situation seems like isn't "which videos can be monetized" but instead "which videos can be PERMANENTLY monetized, after at least a few months have passed." 

I'm talking about people who only do drama videos. According to Silent YouTube is saying those videos were always not able to be monitized. I say it's bullshit that no one would notice until now.

2 hours ago, TraditionalGames said:

I'm talking about people who only do drama videos. According to Silent YouTube is saying those videos were always not able to be monitized. I say it's bullshit that no one would notice until now.

Well, Silent is half right. The current monetization policies were always in place, so those kinds videos were always breaking those rules. So they always could have had the monetization taken away. YouTube just wasn't enforcing those policies until now.

I think the source of the controversy is that YouTube CLAIMS they ALWAYS were enforcing these policies, but it was "behind the scenes." They'd remove advertisement without even telling the YouTuber who uploaded the video! That could result in tons of lost revenue, especially on videos that garnered huge views and keep getting them over a longer period of time.

Some YouTubers don't believe what YT is saying and think that this is a new enforcement of the policy for the first time ever. So far, I've received no notices at all, so TO MY KNOWLEDGE I'm no affected...but who knows?

13 minutes ago, Phil said:

I think the source of the controversy is that YouTube CLAIMS they ALWAYS were enforcing these policies, but it was "behind the scenes." They'd remove advertisement without even telling the YouTuber who uploaded the video! That could result in tons of lost revenue, especially on videos that garnered huge views and keep getting them over a longer period of time.

Some YouTubers don't believe what YT is saying and think that this is a new enforcement of the policy for the first time ever. So far, I've received no notices at all, so TO MY KNOWLEDGE I'm no affected...but who knows?

I don't know how you would check that either, I guess if your paycheck is lower in December when you get paid for the views this month, you'll know what happened. Some say the only way the viewer would know what happened is if they're no ads on the video, which hard for me already cause my ad-blocker likes to turn on every-time I open my browser and stays on unless I remember to turn it off. Which is rare.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

I'm still skeptical if YouTube enforced it in the past or if it was even a policy back then. All a "Drama YouTuber" would need to do is go to the video manager to notice that their videos aren't making any money. That's like if you worked for a company that forgot to pay you for a year and you didn't realize you got no money until they corrected it. I say this is a new policy and they're making shit up for drama control.