The King of Hate Forums
lourat

A question of constructive criticism versus negativity

​That and people get mad at the moderators then because Phil bans someone or locks a thread, and the mods get blamed for it and that's not fair at all. It's happened countless times and I feel bad for them for it.

​Exactly, well except for Icureditwithmybrain, these people take time out of their lives to moderate Phil's forums and for what? He doesn't pay them so like I said, the least he could do is actually be more active on a website HE paid thousands to get as it just shows that you actually care about the community.

• Upvote 1

i ll say it again, he wouldnt change his character much like an actor has established himself in the role and 

a: cant play another role cause he is being playing 1 type for years

b:decides not to play another role, because there is financial security in the role he plays, the fans like him playing this role and "pay" to see him. 

c:(and this is me "defending" phil) as i have mentioned in other posts, his real charakter is close to the type he portrays on youtube.

and his type is that exactly. the type that disregards critisism and calls it negativity! much like the bad guy in the sallon! 

but his youtube persona IS NOT the real phil. yes, its close, yes, phil is stubborn but NO phil wouldnt not call you a maggot or a hater or a silkworm or anything if you approached him in a con to offer critisism. 

cause ridiculing real people, singling them out, offering their psn handles on screen and ridiculing them can hurt him in real life, its a crime. i think that should show you the separation of acting and real life.

if he was seriously deranged as you people make him out to be he d be still doing ridicules and much worse.

i feel i shold start a thread explaining my position by it would probably be a waste.

​No he wouldn't call anybody that as he would be too afraid to actually get into an altercation.

i ll say it again, he wouldnt change his character much like an actor has established himself in the role and 

b:decides not to play another role, because there is financial security in the role he plays, the fans like him playing this role and "pay" to see him. 

c:(and this is me "defending" phil) as i have mentioned in other posts, his real charakter is close to the type he portrays on youtube.

and his type is that exactly. the type that disregards critisism and calls it negativity! much like the bad guy in the sallon! 

but his youtube persona IS NOT the real phil. yes, its close, yes, phil is stubborn but NO phil wouldnt not call you a maggot or a hater or a silkworm or anything if you approached him in a con to offer critisism. 

cause ridiculing real people, singling them out, offering their psn handles on screen and ridiculing them can hurt him in real life, its a crime. i think that should show you the separation of acting and real life.

if he was seriously deranged as you people make him out to be he d be still doing ridicules and much worse.

i feel i shold start a thread explaining my position by it would probably be a waste.

​I have not committed a sin in my life, because I played another persona...

• Upvote 2

​I seriously can't figure out if you are trolling or being serious.

"cause ridiculing real people, singling them out, offering their psn handles on screen and ridiculing them can hurt him in real life, its a crime. i think that should show you the separation of acting and real life."

Tell me, what is he doing right there?

Well it seems like he pulled an all-nighter again playing WWE Immortals this time and posting on 2K forums that he quit Supercard because it's broken now.So there you have it ,folks.Wouldn't be surprised if todays DAI stream is AGAIN canceled/delayed

​If Phil starts being late because hes doing all nighters playing a shitty game i'll be finished with him. He should take the time to research games coming out and talking to US HIS FANS not spending it on 2K Forums it really defeats the purpose of this site... WHY can't he post forum Topics about WWE SuperCard / Immortals here? I'm sure people would love to talk about it with him.. but he doesn't

• Upvote 1

edit: i m sorry this was supposed to be a responding to jwpress, got messed up. lol in phils words "nothing i could do."

​This is going back to the whole "i have no idea what the fuck you're talking about or what your point is" thing i was saying yesterday. You're just speculating every point.. "no phil would not call you that in real life" how the fuck do you know that LOL...everyone here is using real proof and past thing's he's done for their opinions, you're just making shit up.

that video is too long for me to even think of watching, i m sorry

but i ll say this, as i stated before, the fact that he did friend request ridicules in the past and stoped them should tell you something.

those were real people he singled out and ridiculued.THAT he hasnt done since.

what he has done is blanket "ridicules" if you like to call them that to "haters" etc.

in other words, busyness as usual for phil, playing the "heel"

i think you people should watch  the iron sheik and some of his old 1980s wrestling appearances and the things he said there.

then you ll start to understand that "taking critisism as negativity" is part of his schtick.

even the people watching the iron sheik knew the guy wasnt for real, that he was the "heel".

If Phil starts being late because hes doing all nighters playing a shitty game i'll be finished with him. He should take the time to research games coming out and talking to US HIS FANS not spending it on 2K Forums it really defeats the purpose of this site... WHY can't he post forum Topics about WWE SuperCard / Immortals here? I'm sure people would love to talk about it with him.. but he doesn't

I don't see that happening anytime soon. He's already has unhealthy addictions to 2K mobile games and He's not going to want to talk about that with anyone except with people on the 2k forums. Anyone who trys question him about supercard , he'll most likely bring up the "being stalked" excuse.

but i ll say this, as i stated before, the fact that he did friend request ridicules in the past and stoped them should tell you something.

what he has done is blanket "ridicules" if you like to call them that to "haters" etc.

i think you people should watch  the iron sheik and some of his old 1980s wrestling appearances and the things he said there.

then you ll start to understand that "taking critisism as negativity" is part of his schtick.

even the people watching the iron sheik knew the guy wasnt for real, that he was the "heel".

​He stopped because people were sending him fake rage messages, he said it himself. Also, wrestling has no correlation to the topic at hand. STAY ON TOPIC. 

​Your comparisons don't make any sense. Phil is a one-man business that is dependend on his public image (his image at the moment is very negative and it shows in views as people have gone "screw this guy, I'll watch someone else")

He has ridiculed real people since so many times I can't even count.

​I'm almost convinced that you're trolling now from this. It takes no less than 5 minutes to watch the damn video to get the point people are trying to make. Nobody asked you to watch the whole thing. You say you don't watch Phil's videos and you're standing up to the criticism against him which ironically enough this thread is the topic of. You're doing one heck of a job wasting peoples time with your analogy's that make no sense and a really good job derailing the thread with your pointless arguments. 

​Your comparisons don't make any sense. Phil is a one-man business that is dependend on his public image (his image at the moment is very negative and it shows in views as people have gone "screw this guy, I'll watch someone else")

He has ridiculed real people since so many times I can't even count.

​i m trying to explain that his public image is that of the "heel". it cant be hurt if its already negative (the guy who rages, the guy who when critisised calls it "hate" and "negativity")

losing views has nothing to do with his public image in that regard, i could explain the view loss but thats a discussion for another thread.

i havent watch him ridicule real people. are you speaking of tobascus? its was in the "heel" act like the iron sheik talked big and negative about hulk hogan.

moogle im sorry, i dont seem to be conveying my point clear enough, i try though. i ll watch the first 5 minutes of the vid though.

edit: ok moogle, that is from 2009-2010. i already said in a previous post (you dont bother reading them i think) he stoped doing them cause he realised he was going to far, i remember about him explaining why he stoped. he realised its not decent (and probably a crime) and stoped.

​i m trying to explain that his public image is that of the "heel". it cant be hurt if its already negative (the guy who rages, the guy who when critisised calls it "hate" and "negativity")

losing views has nothing to do with his public image in that regard, i could explain the view loss but thats a discussion for another thread.

i havent watch him ridicule real people. are you speaking of tobascus? its was in the "heel" act like the iron sheik talked big and negative about hulk hogan.

moogle im sorry, i dont seem to be conveying my point clear enough, i try though. i ll watch the first 5 minutes of the vid though.

​Comparing Phi ridiculing other people with a wrestling feud is ridiculous.

Think before you write.

​Comparing Phi ridiculing other people with a wrestling feud is ridiculous.

Think before you write.

​are you trolling me?

i have broughts multiple arguments as to why he is adressing every critisism as negativity and hate and you just call it ridiculus. the guy is a mega wrestling fan and its ridiculus to think he d be inspired by the "heel"ness of the iron sheik? the same iron sheik he tweeted a month ago? seriously?

well ok.

@Mashinka21 

Let me get this straight: you're saying Phil would rather loose his business and ability to play games for money rather than stepping out of his "heel" character?Assuming what you're saying about his "heel" character being true

Am I understanding you correctly or was I just lost in your big,long comparisons that I'm not sure I understand(seems like I'm not the only one...)?

I'm going have to stop you there Mashinka21, this thread is not about that Phil plays a character and you point about wrestling is irrelevant to constructive criticism vs negativity. Whatever your intentions were you have drailed (as I see it) from them and only angered other posters on the thread, so I tell you now, get on topic or more warning points are being issued.

• Upvote 2

well for me this is been pretty interesting convo going down I can understand everyones imput except for Mashinka   I think its mostly cause of the analogy and how can we believe u what u said if u dont watch DSP vids. Anyways its been very interesting.

edit: ok moogle, that is from 2009-2010. i already said in a previous post (you dont bother reading them i think) he stoped doing them cause he realised he was going to far, i remember about him explaining why he stoped. he realised its not decent (and probably a crime) and stoped.

​Here's the problem with your "analysis" and let me just go over it point by point so you can understand clearly.

1. The thing about heels in WWE, TNA, ROH, whatever promotion is that people KNOW it's scripted, they know that the person is a bad guy, but here's the other issue is that Phil is a one man YouTuber meaning he has no face to do commentary with so if he was just acting then he's doing a poor job of it as you shouldn't be a heel UNLESS you have a face to counter that heel personality. Your point just got crushed.
  2. The "Friend Request Ridicule" videos are of him ridiculing real people, but he has also ridiculed people such as Toby Turner, PewDiePie(And to the extension, Markiplier and Roosterteeth), Nintendo, and his own fans. See and the other difference is that Iron Sheik was loved as a heel and kept people from changing the channel while Phil is NOT keeping people from watching someone else as his bad attitude is not at all likable.
  3. He stopped doing it because people sent in fake rage ones so please get your facts straight next time.

Now would you kindly stop this nonsense so that the topic can get back on track as I am tired of threads being closed because of people like you who say nothing, but nonsense just to get the topic derailed.

• Upvote 3

​To end this weird offtopic you started I'm just gonna say this:there is a reason he started Patreon. Seems like this "financial security" is seriously threatened.For what reason?Nobody can say for sure.But I don't think his "heel" act is working that good anymore and refusing to change/acknowledge people's problems with this "heel" persona isn't a good business decision.Completely ignoring them/marking them as hate/negativity is even worse.

The question if whether it's an act is tangentially related to the topic but I don't think it should go back-and-forth for several pages.  Ultimately people believe what they wish to on that point.  It seems unlikely because as JPress15 pointed out, people aren't in on the joke, the victims of it are real, and the repercussions for being that way affect his livelyhood negatively.

I suppose sometimes criticism that is actually constructive is concealed within a delivery that comes off as insulting which would immediately turn Phil off from acknowledging it,

​I'm wondering if he's more concerned about the reverse: something meant maliciously but that at first appears friendly and causes him to let his guard down.  Maybe the reason he doesn't interact more with critics because he got burned every so often for doing so.  Then again, I could just as easily be making excuses for him that aren't true, I don't know which is the truth.

*EDIT Another reason he might avoid certain topics is because it has an effect on his mood and ability to work.  Is it just me, or has he seemed more cheerful in the last couple of weeks in vlogs, and doesn't he dwell less on negative things on twitter?  I'm wondering if that is a byproduct of his (lack of) exposure to the things that get him down.

Constructive criticism ≠ only being positive.

Constructive criticism is any feedback that gives you an idea of how to improve.  If I told you "stop burping and snorting on camera," that would not be a very positive thing to say, but it would still be very helpful advice to make your videos better.  If you cannot deal with predominantly negative feedback, then you shouldn't be in the entertainment industry.

Here's a list of people who got just as much negativity as Phil - most when they were younger than 30:  Elvis Presley, Stephen King, Walt Disney, Harrison Ford, Stephen Spielberg, Monet, J.K. Rowling, The Beatles, Beethoven, and Walt Disney.