The King of Hate Forums

Metokur debate with sammy

BrightSideViking

Sammy Challenging Mr. metrokur to debate   

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

44 minutes ago, CannonFodder said:

He would never join the SOK podcast, ever. The only leverage Phil has is silencing and banning people, he's not going to give that up to answer the questions the SOK will ask him. But I must say out of everyone in his hardcore fanbase, Phil would be the best suited to defend himself. I partially listened too the Sammy vs Fred Fuchs debate and Sammy was destroyed by Fred, who's a terrible debater his damn self. So imagine whats going to happen with him vs Metokur, a guy that made the 5 Guys, Quinnspirocy, Tumblerism's videos and pretty much his entire online presence is about trolling people like Sammy and DSP?

Being a DSP fan is already hard to even justify at this point, combine that Sammy being "not the sharpest tool in the kitchen". He's done.

I actually think it could be beneficial for him to join for a show, it would at least bee mad entertaining. It would be the happening in the DSP community that year. Even though the SOK guys talk alot of shit. They are not impolite, and they put a lot of effort in to what they are doing. If anything this would it would bridge some of the misunderstandings  Phil have with the SOK, and vice versa. I don't think however that it should be with Mr. Metokur. That would cause a rift in reality  And the internet might break. But seriously I think phil would benefit from something like this. If the SOK would make a shit show out of it, I think it would reflect really poorly on them, and so far they have a reputation of being pretty fair, at least in my eyes. I watched the last "debate" with sammy, (at least som of it) and he got to say what he wanted unobstructed. They have some fringe elements, but mostly they have the same interests and focus as phil, on same things, although sometime with a different view.. And of course phil is always welcome on their show, why wouldn't he be. He is their Antihero. 

In regards to The debate with sammy, I think it would only be fair if someone else from this community would stand with him. It would be a bit unfair if it is Sammy vs the rest. I think Sammy means well, and want to do something positive. And by all means I think most people would enjoy him, he is a funny and likable guy. But bringing him to the lions den without at least some moral support is not okay. He would probably be bold enough to do it, but for the sake of at least some fairness he should not be alone. 

Tried that, It was called Hate Live and he used to take live callers on his terms, people would ask incredibly generic questions, none of them were intriguing, any hardball questions were immediately hung up on..Until a guy named Loophole came in and had a legitimate conversation until he decided to insult Phil and PandaLee....Then immediately the next episode after that DSP all of a sudden started running out of time for the live call section and he inevitable cut that section out and ended HateLive all together.

So no. Even on his terms, I sincerely doubt it.

6 minutes ago, ilscuro said:

Maybe if Phil hosted the podcast on his terms?

There's a well known saying 'keep your friends close, and your enemies closer' perhaps this is the way forward for Phil?

Yes I would really hope so, much of the false dichotomies about phil is that he would be afraid of doing something like this. I really don't think he is. if could see the benefit of doing it. He would. He would probably not change the mind of the people doing this at all. They would probably continue with what they are doing, but at least he would earn some respect. And for the casual observer, he might change the perception from something black and white, to something more nuanced. 

I think this short clip illustrates my point, it is very exaggerated because of course the SOK isn't feminists and Phil isn't a MRA, but sometimes listening to some people from the Anti DSP crowd I get this feeling. Everything he does is wrong, Everything he does is bad, and they have to point it all out.  Of course this just isn't true at all. But when ideas like that go uncontested they sadly become a reality for some. And the whole thing ends up in a polarized mess. Of course I find that the real fans of phil are at most time not the polar opposite of the SOK. On the contrary, having had some contact with them, I would say they have treated me respectfully and fair, and been kind of nice to me despite being a fan and patron supporter of phil (with exceptions) 

While on the other hand, when you take the community here, as I like and respect most people. I can't stand The concern trolls. Who are fanatical phil supporters. I won't mention their names but I think it is obvious who I am talking about. And this guys are just pure poison. Why no one here seem to be taking care of them and let them run free and make havoc is any ones guess. Like when phil does a mistake, or say something stupid, they compliment him on it. Saying things like "nice smack down" or "you really showed'em" To me using half of my brain it is obvious that these guys are worse than the detractors. Because I get put in the same category as them, even though they have tried to get me banned in the past. THEY ARE NOT REAL FANS THEY DO THIS JUST TO DESTROY PHIL AND HIS COMMUNITY. AND SO FAR THEY ARE SUCCEEDING. When you hear people talking shit about this community it is because of them. But i digress and I am getting very off track. The real issue is that much of this can be solved, and phil have tried ignoring this forever, It don't seem to be working. 

In my opinion he need to tackle the problems head on, and I know he have the wits, and personality to do it. And i would not be using all this time and energy on this, if I didn't see that he have the potential to do so much better than what he currently is. No one here needs to be Enemies. And frankly Phil is the main focus of everything. Only he can release the tension, and going on speaking to his main detractors and show that there really isn't any real hostilities, or hate  would do that. And he would also make people that have been very vocal and insulted his personal life, and made fun of his disabilities look like jackasses. 

The debate with Sammy would just be entertainment in comparison. I don't think he could have the same impact, even if he wanted to. 

• Upvote 1

Until Phil makes a complete 180 on his personality, how he handles disgruntled fans, stops being caught in lies, puts more effort into his videos, stops talking down to "detractors" and other Youtubers, there will always be a thriving Anti-DSP movement and there will always be part time super fans that will always defend him. The only way I see that happening is if something financially devastating happens where he must change. Until then saying DSP should do this or that is utterly pointless, he's never listened to anyone unless it was for a substantial financial gain with minimal effort, or he was forced to do something out of survival on YouTube.

Not saying you guys have terrible ideas, I think they're great.. But they're pointless.

28 minutes ago, CannonFodder said:

Until Phil makes a complete 180 on his personality, how he handles disgruntled fans, stops being caught in lies, puts more effort into his videos, stops talking down to "detractors" and other Youtubers, there will always be a thriving Anti-DSP movement and there will always be part time super fans that will always defend him. The only way I see that happening is if something financially devastating happens where he must change. Until then saying DSP should do this or that is utterly pointless, he's never listened to anyone unless it was for a substantial financial gain with minimal effort, or he was forced to do something out of survival on YouTube.

Not saying you guys have terrible ideas, I think they're great.. But they're pointless.

I agree.

2 hours ago, CannonFodder said:

oooh edgy consequences will never be the same..., I am not saying he would change the "anti-DSP" movement, 

4 hours ago, BrightSideViking said:

He would probably not change the mind of the people doing this at all. They would probably continue with what they are doing, but at least he would earn some respect.

Is what I am saying, and I really don't think he don't need any financial benefit for doing it, just to see a benefit in general. 

3 hours ago, CannonFodder said:

Welp. Too bad this comment will likely be hidden now. Phil will assume you know too much and just dispose of you. Or mods will do it.

It's a shame because i couldn't agree more on the cause of the problems and the solution

• Upvote 1

LOL.gif

Sorry for the bad quality but it don't matter

Wow...the end of the YouTube video. Just wow. His clique...A black guy wearing is walking around in public with appears to be Mariah Carey shirt and wearing an LA hat in Illinois... Another guy with a cowlick that I haven't seen since Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles, and Sammy...Walking around in public with a Project 7 shirt....

Sometimes I feel like I was born a 200 years too early for space travel and 200 years too late to explore the world, but moments like these, is why I'm glad I'm here to witness what a type one kardashev scale civilization can produce in its budding period...

• Upvote 1

Well you heard him never in history a debate have taken place back to back In a podcast. I hope you are joking with this. Because it is kind of funny. And a whopping 1,5 hours. And if you where to birds with one stone debating them simultaniously would be the way to do it. If not it is two birds with two stones. 

I am almost afraid to say this, but I think it is going to be awsome, and mad entertaining. Like watching a trained monkey doing tricks on a leash for the mighty sammy samosa. 

9 hours ago, Ivor_Dehaney said:

Sammy, why don't you stop feeding the trolls and just pull out. You don't seem to post much do you. Now I hear you're doing this show, unless they're paying you then there's no need sir.

oh and by the way, *poison*

Hey Sammy if your out there, come on there buddy, i wanna shoot the shit with you. I'm gonna haunt you till you accept my offer. you will have no chance in hell winning a debate with Mr Metokur, you don't know what your getting yourself into with him. He will make you his new bitch, like he did with LTG. I want to chat with you, I want to let you know that i have met Phil in person a few years ago at a convention, and I can give you my POV on what I think of him. I will give you the respect you want as long as you respect me. Im so tired of you thinking your some kind of hot shot here, you bought your way back on these forums, it must be nice to pay your way back on here. We are not stupid, we all know what happened, so what's up you want to talk or what.

43 minutes ago, Dubleg said:

Didn't SOK call him a "faggot" amongst other homophobic slurs on that "shooting the shit" podcast? But yeah, Sammy is the bad one.... Sureeeeeeee

Wonder what the reaction would be if it was Sammy who used that. Hypocrisy galore!

So? Sammy called the SOK a bunch of retards, no lives, bums, called one of em a "bitch boy" and called a black guy a "bitch ni**a". Theirs shit being thrown on both sides.

7 minutes ago, CannonFodder said:

So? Sammy called the SOK a bunch of retards, no lives, bums, called one of em a "bitch boy" and called a black guy a "bitch ni**a". Theirs shit being thrown on both sides.

No no no but you came here to shit on Sammy but NOW your approach is "actually they're both as bad as each other", good to know we changed your mind so easily.

19 minutes ago, Dubleg said:

No no no but you came here to shit on Sammy but NOW your approach is "actually they're both as bad as each other", good to know we changed your mind so easily.

Sammy's an idiot who doesn't even know what the word "Debate" is. Fred even asks him that and he doesn't respond. Are you here for some special snowflake award by defending him and shitting on SoK as that is the "cool thing to do" on these forums?

41 minutes ago, Dubleg said:

...What? No, You've misunderstood. Again. Firstly, I'm not here to shit on Sammy, he does that too himself. Secondly, where did I change my mind or even state an opinion on SOK? No where right? Right. If you're going to stalk every post I make, make sure you read them properly. I'm sure any one whether a fan of DSP or not will agree if they've been paying attention to this nonsense, that both sides will throw shit at each other. I'm sorry if that came as a surprise to you.

Edited by CannonFodder

• Phil locked this topic