The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Ask the King Ep. 62 - Nov. 24, 2016 Thanksgiving Special!

Please post up your questions for the next episode of Ask the King, scheduled for THANKSGIVING DAY 2016! Thanks!

That would be November 24. I had to check. FYI phil not everyone in this world take for granted what day thanksgiving is. That weird tradition is not a part of my culture. We didn't ethnically cleanse our country for natives, and need to be grateful for it. 

Hey Phil, I recently saw you tweet about how DMX is your favorite rapper. I was wondering if there are any others that you enjoy as much or you would put up there with him. My personal favorites are Eminem and the Notorious B.I.G

• Upvote 1

P.S. I'm not a detractor of yours, these are legitimate questions I've had ever since I realized these things.

Hello Phil, this is a two part question, so I hope you don't mind.  

I'm rather new to your content, but I heard you used to live stream on Twitch.  Is there a reason why you made the switch to YouTube?

I also noticed that your Majora's Mask 3D playthrough has been set to private from the link that you have on this website.  What's the reason to this if you don't mind me asking?

Edited by Escanor

Hi Phil,

I know this might sound similar but here goes:

Remember that fake copyright strike you received back in late 2010 from a troll called "Steve Jones" while you were playing Splinter Cell Convictions? 

If so, have you ever felt that if it never happened, you would still be playing games on your original channel Darksydephil?

Also, do you still miss posting videos on that channel?

Hey Phil,

When a game launch is surrounded by controversy and accusations of dishonesty or false advertising on the part of the developer/publisher, do you let that factor into your review of the game?

Should a game be judged as a work of art separate to its creators' actions? Or should a game be punished in reviews if it's sold on false promises and dishonest trailers or demos? I think either option has great merit to it.

On one hand; if a game is still an enjoyable experience from start to finish, then does it really matter what it promised, who lied or how it was made? Surely the gamer's unbiased enjoyment of the game should speak for itself when judging a game's quality?

On the other hand however; The consumer has a right to know and get angry when a company is trying to take their hard-earned money without supplying the promised product in full? Whether it be a buggy launch, missing game features that were promised pre-release or full priced games that have freemium mirco-transactions that inherently hamper the progression curve of the game. There's little doubt that knowing the game you played was butchered from its original vision will surely hamper your experience.

Would like to know your opinion on this matter and how it factors into your reviews and how you judge games.

Thanks,

Joe

Hey Phil I'm not sure if you heard but there was a Nickelodeon show that debuted back in the late 1990s called Hey Arnold. The show followed a young kid named Arnold with a weird shaped head that lived in a small nameless town in New York. The show was cancelled due to its lack of success in the box office after Nick released a movie on the show back in 2008. Hey Arnold was supposed to have another movie called the Jungle movie where Arnold finds his missing parents and would end the series. Due to its long growing desire by fans for Nick to make the movie that would end the series Nickelodeon announced that they will have the creater of Hey Arnold to finally make the Jungle movie and should be released in November 2017 I believe. After all of this info lol my question to you Phil is, do you have any cartoons or TV shows from your childhood that you would like to see make a return and do you think any of them have a good chance of being concluded after they were cancelled? Thanks Phil and Happy Thanksgiving!

Edited by Jamar

Hey Phil,

I don't know if someone ask you about this but I was wondering what made you start doing the Hateful Truth Game Review Series. Keep up the great work and have a good Thanksgiving.

Hey Phil,

The Youtube bubble is undoubtly about to burst just from the sheer amount of people on Youtube trying to do the same thing you do. What will you do after the Youtube revenue river dries up for good?

Have you ever been emotional while playing video game? Like a sad moment in a video game or the ending?

Edited by Tynal

Hey Phil,

Ever since the announcement of Resident Evil 7 at e3, Capcom confirmed that the franchise will be going back to its original roots as a survival horror series. Many gamers, including myself, believe that this is a great idea to put the series back into the horror genre and step away from the third person action shooter that it's known for today. However, some people who claim to be "hardcore fans" are whining that Resident Evil 7 is not the same as the originals. Yes, we can agree that Resident Evil 7 doesn't look nor play like an RE game, probably because it's going to be in first person, and that it's no longer an action shooter. But what pisses me off is that there are fan boys who are bashing this game because it's not the same as the first few games.  It feels like this controversy started since the release of Resident Evil 4, since that game was stepping into a different gameplay aspect for the series, and some people didn't appreciate that. I would like to know what are your thoughts are this hatred towards Resident Evil 7 and do you think that the franchise is stepping into the right direction with the upcoming release of this game?

Hey, Phil! My favorite part of your HATE Live Podcasts was the "Back in the Day" segments you used to do. I know why you discontinued that series, and do think Phil Reacts is a good series, but I still miss you telling stories about the crazy shit that has happened to you over the years. I was wondering, do you think there is a way you can incorporate that segment into your current content again? Maybe even let Patrons/viewers suggest topics for you to talk about, or do you think you exhausted the best stories you have already? Either way, I've been enjoying the content, and hope you have a splendid Thanksgiving.

Edited by KodyKarls

hey Phil,

i got a couple of things i want to ask you. First question,This is a political question i know that you don't really talk about politics and i know you said stuff about trump in your ask the king episode and you have not talked about Hillary Clinton. my question is who are you voting for and why. This my opinion but i don't think any of these candidates are really fit and this is probably the worst presidential race ever. 

I have been a fan for 8 years now and i remember when you had you darksydephil channel and i remember when had couple of unfinished games or games that you never started or played. i remember when you first started your darksydephil channel you uploaded star wars the forced unleashed 1 and you never finished playing splinter cell conviction. my question is will you play the games you have not finished.

last question, i know you don't like to talk about it but i thinks everyone wants to know, what is your relationship with john rambo since you guys  had the falling out with each other  and you don't ever talk about him as you use to.so what really caused the friction between him and you. i know that guys were good friends and i remember when you guys did smark guys, co op together and trips. i hope you guys can get this thing between you situated and fixed.one last thing i want say is keep doing what you are doing and keep your head up high and don't let people tell you what to do.

Hey Phil,

Now that RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 has been announced, will we be seeing the illustrious, excellent, marvelous, first-class, first-rate, wonderful, outstanding, sterling, fine, splendid, superb, terrific, fabulous, great, 6 YEAR, long awaited return of....

SUICIDE KINGS !!!Capture.JPG

Thanks.

Since it seems to hard for fighting games to get online play right, should KOFXIV's party mode be implemented in more fighting game franchises to add fun factor?

Hi, Phil.

During your time on youtube, have you ever expressed interest in playing one of the digital Yu-Gi-Oh! card games? like "Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories" or "Yu-Gi-Oh! The Duelist Of The Roses" because they are really fun games, or maybe the real life trading card game with some friends?

Hi Phil, I am a new viewer and find your videos pretty hilarious. You mentioned you have a back problem.

My question is, How did you injure your back? What's the origin story? I can't seem to find an answer for that anywhere.

Hey Phil,

I've been a fan of yours since the Skyward Sword days back in late 2011 and have loved your content for years now. The other day, I was watching your older playthroughs with John Rambo some years back such as "Undead Nightmare" and "Heavy Rain: Alternate Choices" and I noticed that in those playthrough you talked more because John was there and you had someone to bounce off of a lot and in tern this made those playthroughs extremely funny and entertaining. Not because you're not funny on your own, but because the chemistry between the two of you made it that much more enjoyable. I also notice this in YouTube Gaming giants "Game Grumps" and this formula works very well for them as they have over 3.5 million subs. So my question is, would you ever consider bringing someone on DSP Gaming as maybe a co-host for some games? Obviously not all because of your schedule, but a few here and there to have some back and forth with as you play. Also having another person could potentially build a very strong friendship and maybe even a business partner to help you put out more content than you currently do. As you've stated before, you are a one man machine. Thanks so much for the years of laughs and insight. Keep it up and stay positive. :)

Hey Phil,

Some time ago we got to hear some stories about you and your history in the fighting game community, your childhood, your parents, college life, and your dear friend T Carter (May he rest in peace). However there are still some things I and I think many other viewers would like to know about you such as the basics. What is your favorite movie, music genre, animal, food, clothing style, super hero, etc.? What did you want to be when you were younger? Do you think about the future with you and Liana with children or marriage?  (Sorry if I spelled her name wrong) What was your biggest passion in life and has it evolved since you were younger? What did you look like as a kid and teenager? (Can we see a picture maybe?) Just to name a few. Thanks for Putting out all the content that you do and making people smile everyday. Keep up the awesome work!