The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Ask the King Ep. 62 - Nov. 24, 2016 Thanksgiving Special!

One last question

Hey Phil,

I'm 18 years old and want to get into writing and directing for film and theatre. I'm currently going to a community college and on my way to transferring. My question here, is what is your advice for someone going into a creative field as their main goal. I ask because you've said before you have a degree in business and finance (if I remember correctly) and now, you do something completely different than what you originally had planned. So what words of wisdom would you have to offer a struggling artist? Keep up the awesome content and stay classy.

Hey DSP,

Just wondering, are there any games that you are interested in visiting and if so, what are they?

My second question is if you had to work for a game company who would it be and why?

Thanks and I hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

hey phil

i have been a viewer of yours since late 2013 and have loved your content so far. I know you like playing retro games and i was wondering, will you ever get the NES classic it has 30 of nintendo's best games and i think you could do some awsome playthroughs. It would be great for a Patreon goal too.

Keep up the good work

from

Chris

Hey I was just wondering where you get your gaming news and information from is it a specific website,from fans on twitter or some other source.

Thanks for the 9 years of entertainment all the best to you.

Hi Phil. I have a question for you about Final Fantasy 7 Remake. I know you played Final Fantasy 7 a long time ago and you considered it to have,

"Ruined an entire series" for you, and that its " one of the most overrated, shitty, fucking pieces of fanboy bullshit ever !". Since its being remade from

the ground up, in your opinion what does Final Fantasy 7 Remake need to do in order for it to actually be a good game to play in 2017.

Long time fan since 2008. Thank you for all the fun and entertaining years so far.

Edited by saber1red

Hey Phil, I have been a fan of yours since 2011 and I'd like to ask this. Last year, you ended Hate Live and the average fan was pretty dissapointed that it ended, could we ever see the return of Hate Live anytime soon?

It was a great time for all of the fans to hang out in the chat and watch you shoot the shit and talk about anything that was recurring at the time. It could also be every few months that the show returns and It could also be beneficial for a Patrons perk goal, if live callers come back and as a result have them get priority access. Thanks and have a good day.

What is your favorite anime? And what other shows have you watched? 

Offtopic. Why do u not like using twitch never really understood that? 

Edited by AlucardViDracul

Whats up, Phil?

What's your thoughts on the growing indie scene in wrestling? (i.e. Ring of Honor, WhatCulture Pro-Wrestling, Global Force Wrestling,etc.) Are these companies part of a new wave of entertainment, or are they just something that Vince McMahon can poach wrestlers from?

Edited by GlamorousJarl30

I already posted another question beforehand but you could choose either one.

Hey Phil, are you considering playing Gamecube games in the near future? I don't know if you have a GameCube or not but if you had one, would you consider playing games like Super Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion, all the other classic GameCube games that you missed out on? Thank you. 

Hey Phil, 

What is your opinion on the recent decision by Bethesda to purposely not give game reviewers early copies of their games so they can release their reviews on or before the release date of the actual product? Recently, they did this with Dishonored 2, which is why the reviewers have just recently started posting their full reviews of it. Do you think this will stop reviewers from rushing through the game to review the game as quickly as possible, or do you think this is inadvertently a slap in the consumers face? Thank you for your time,

IndustrialGamer

Hi Phil

Just a small and stupid question for you. I noticed recently that you don't have the clock on your PS4 set to your time, if I saw correctly? Just wondered why that was. Thought I'd ask here, for the lack of a better question right now.

Other than that, long time fan. I have watched your stuff since your first Fallout 3 playthrough, and I still to this day turn to your channel for game playthroughs!

So keep up the good work! Will continue to support you! 

Hey Phil. I just wanted to know, once you have decided to end your career on YouTube, would you ever consider operating a business related to what you did on YouTube? For example, starting an independent magazine outlet to discuss your opinions on current gaming news/affairs and maybe even writing reviews on the games you do play based on the Hateful Truth? Whether it be a physical paper or online version, I'm sure the fans would still want to hear what you have to say, years after you stop making videos. Sorry for the long question but thanks for taking the time to answer this. - Dean Jones.

Hi Phil my question is will "back in the day" ever return I know that you now cover topics in vlogs and Hate Live is no longer a thing but I seriously miss the back in the day segments of Hate Live and hope that they will one day return on a regular basis.

• Upvote 1

Hey dsp, long time fan since you're ass creed 2 videos, sorry English is not my first language so please understand, but I was wondering on how you think Nintendo can make the switch successful and fix their lack of 3rd party support situation? I feel like the switch is going to face the same situation as the Wii u a console which is a commercial failure but had some really good strong first party games ( a lot better than the original wii in my opinion ). It seems strong first party support isn't going to be enough to sell a system, Most people say it will need strong 3rd party support but its been known fact that 3rd party games do not sell well on nintendo since the SNES days, just look at wii u, it launched with a lot of mainstream 3rd party games like latest Cod, ass creed, sports games etc at that time, which all of them bomb'd since the nintendo audience ( who will be the ones to get switch at launch ) do not buy these kind of games. I also do not see people who are already heavily into the xbox one/ps4 ecosystem with their friends getting a switch to buy multiplats game. Its rumored that Skyrim remastered is going to be on it at launch ( bethesda kind of denied it but new leaks confirm its coming) I feel like that game is going to bomb on the switch which will make Bethesda cease support causing other triple A devs/pubs to do the same as in a chain reaction. 

Only thing I can see saving the switch is Pokemon. Pokemon ( main game series, not spinoffs ) has stayed exclusively to nintendo's  handheld system for 20 years, with switch being a hybrid, finally nintendo will release a pokemon mainline game thats playable on the TV and also in HD for the first time maybe that game will fix the 3rd party situation and sell switches by bringing in more new audience with how popular pokemon is more than ever these days.. your thoughts?

Edited by Twobox

Phil,

Hi, I am a newer fan of your work, I especially enjoy your reviews and commentary. It has quickly become apparent that you face an enormous amount of adversity to do what you do for a living. You face malicious enemies who try and hurt you and your business, channels set up to discredit and bash you, no steady income, no long term stability in your business, copyright strikes, dds attacks, being swatted, the incident, etc. What do you do to cope with this enormous amount of stress you must be under? What is it that keeps you going in the face of this amount of adversity? I have admired your ability to overcome such huge obstacles, and have found your positive "never give up" outlook inspirational. How do you do it?

happy thanksgiving 

Richie7

Hello dsp

My question for you is Why have you stopped doing the phil reacts series? Those series made me laugh more then ever in my life. The one on the batman v superman film as well as wrestlemania 32 one were IMO the best ones. Have you ever considered doing those videos again?

Thx

Hey Phil

With your return to the 3DS with Pokémon Moon and since you really don't do many 3DS playthroughs, I was wondering with your love for Dragon Ball would you consider playing Dragon Ball Fusions for the 3DS now that it got a North American release?

hey dsp, 

i have been a fan of you since you really started on youtube when you played fable 2. i have been noticing that the last couple of months lately that you have less views and more dislikes then more likes. i know that you are probably not going to like what i have to say, i am saying this as a fan. The last couple of years now i have noticed that you have lost quite a number of subscribers and also noticed that your views have dropped immensely and i don't think its really your gameplay, it is what you say about your fans and what you say in your pre show. I seem to notice on your pre stream you constantly talk about how you are doing well in money, what somebody said something about you on twitter , you talking about views. I am sorry we don't need to hear you rant that you are losing money, losing views and ranting about a fan said somthing abouy you and we don't need to hear that your buisiness is not doing well as you hoped. We already have problems of our own and we don't need to hear from you, we come to your channel to watch your gameplay. we do not come to your channel to hear you rant. This my opinion i think you lost a lot of your subscribers and fans. one particular video that you lost most of your subscribers is when pandalee when making comments about the game and the fans were tired of it, Instead of calmly talking to the fans you lashed out on them.  The one big thing what is making you lose subscribers is when someone says something that you don't like you lash out and call A***hole and morons and other names and say they don't know what they are talking out.Every time i type in your name in the youtube address bar i see all these videos of dsp videos some the video are Do not how to play videos ,but i see videos of people saying why they unsubscribed from you and mosty the stuff they say is pretty accurate. The people that made those videos are your former fans and subscribers. You should take the advise and listen. They only want to see you succeed and not fail. The one last thing i want to say is learn from your mistake and don't let people get to you. You should watch the videos of what people say why they uncrubed to you. Thanks dsp i will always be a fan through thick and then. 

Hi Phil, huge fan

In Japan they have some of the most advanced trains in the world that can reach speeds of up to 300 miles per hour, meanwhile here in America our trains can barely break 70mph and are very old and outdated.

I was just wondering why you think this is, as America has a much bigger economy than Japan and absolutely has the means to make a much better rail system than Japan, but for some reason has failed to even make a rail system that is acceptable by modern standards, much less state-of-the-art.

Thanks!

Hi Phil, do you like History? Did you read much of that in school? What was your favorite subject? If yes to history, it would be fun to watch you play some history games some time :-)

Hey Phil, happy thanksgiving! As I type this I'm on my way to go visit mi familia.

Its gonna be a packed couple of months for gaming, the season doesn't end at December anymore. Not as many companies fall for the last quarter pressure anymore. There's a crazy amount of games that look good releasing  in early 2017. but is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Night in The Woods, Valkyria: Azure Revolution, Kingdom Hearts 2.8, Resident Evil 7, Yakuza 0 in January

With so many hot releases all the way through April. Why do you feel it is, or how do you feel it's going to change release date culture?

happy thanksgiving, if I could send you some of this Green Bean Cassarole I made I would. Cheers.