The King of Hate Forums
SilentWarrior25

The Nintendo Switch is here!

I like it because is a gimmick that is actually beneficial instead of coming up with ridiculous control schemes. Also Nintendo seems to be breaking out of their casual market. I saw Skyrim, sports, and Esports.

Contrary to what Phil thinks, I think this console, if it works like it's shown on the first look video, could be a game changer for the gaming industry. It looks very promising and so far it looks like I'll be willing to be an early adopter.

It's official. Phil hates Nintendo and will shit on them for everything. How the fuck is this a bad thing? It's a completely simple concept but it makes them out of touch with reality? It's not even justified hate anymore.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, I don't really get his reasoning for hating it. He hated the motion control gimmick from Wii and Wii U, and it seems to be gone. He hated having to be forced to use the gamepad for some games on Wii U, that's gone too. There is no forced gimmick that will affect his gameplay in the slightest.

• Upvote 2

I never said i hated it just dont care for it just like to sit with a normal controller you give this to a kid they will drop the screen and break it lol

I swear you people need to calm down 

2 hours ago, MasterOfAwesomeness said:

Why not tell us what your reaction to the console is first?

ok

i think its a good idea...... for 2006

you can get today a gaming tablet with analog joysticks, buttons and d-pad for cheap, plug it to your TV with HDMI cable and play.

as for the 3rd party support, just go and look back at the Wii U, we saw how that worked out

Just now, markymark52 said:

Like I mentioned in a previous post, If the dock does nothing more than output the video from the controller tablet to the TV, then the idea is a gimmick. It will be just a handheld with the option of playing it on your TV.

But the point I was making is that, like other people who weren't fans of motion controls or the gamepad, is that it's non-intrusive and they now like it. You won't be forced to do anything different with the gameplay, and that's what people are liking about this. Having the option to take it on the go is just an added bonus. Oh, and you want to reverse that last statement, as it's a home console that you have the option of playing on the go.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, markymark52 said:

Like I mentioned in a previous post, If the dock does nothing more than output the video from the controller tablet to the TV, then the idea is a gimmick. It will be just a handheld with the option of playing it on your TV.

1 minute ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

But the point I was making is that, like other people who weren't fans of motion controls or the gamepad, is that it's non-intrusive and they now like it. You won't be forced to do anything different with the gameplay, and that's what people are liking about this. Having the option to take it on the go is just an added bonus. Oh, and you want to reverse that last statement, as it's a home console that you have the option of playing on the go.

Exactly what I was about to say.

The console, at least from what the first look has shown, has shown us that any gimmick that the console has is optional. There are no forced motion controls (wii) you don't have to use a giant screen as a controller (wii u). You can play any you want to play even outside of your home. Don't like the small controllers but wanna go outside? Connect the controllers to the dock and BAM you're playing like with a tablet. Wanna play at home but don't wanna use the dock's remotes, you can use the normal remote (that i like to cal the switch pro remote) and play like any conventional console. You play the way you want.

5 minutes ago, markymark52 said:

I'll reverse the statement if the dock improves graphical capabilities and experiences are on par with traditional console technology. If the dock functions similarly to the Super Gameboy, than the Tablet is just a handheld device that is being marketed as a hybrid machine because of a dock attachment that transfers video.

Well it's not official yet, but the TV is supposed to run at 1080p/60fps while the tablet runs at 720p (not sure about framerate).

4 minutes ago, TraditionalGames said:

The rumor was that the dock has extra processing power so that when both units are connected it runs like a next gen console. But that has been neither confirmed nor denied by this video.

There was also that one rumor that you could plug in your other Nintendo systems for even more power, but I haven't heard anything about that for some time.

Just now, markymark52 said:

I'm not talking about just resolution upscale or conversion. My point is that game experiences are going to be limited to handheld technology, which means less detailed maps, shorter game experiences, and smaller worlds.

I do believe the dock has separate processing power. We just need Nintendo to confirm it.

skip to 1:50