Jump to content
The King of Hate Forums
SilentWarrior25

Pokemon Moon Playthrough

Which starter will you choose?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

It's time. The first new generation of Pokemon Phil is ever playing for YouTube (Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes so they don't count). Try to keep it spoiler free as the story actually has more in it and seems to be influenced by the anime. Let's see how he fares in the tropical Alola region.

And for a little fun, vote for what starter the rest of you are going to start with #TeamPopplio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't played pokemon since Black 2 but its cool seeing Phil play and figure stuff out (as well as seeing the changes that have been made since the last entry that I wasn't aware of)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SilentWarrior25 said:

It's also refreshing to see Phil play it the way he's doing it, by using any pokemon he finds instead of most pokemon LP'ers only using a predetermined team and not try out anything else.

Yep. Him picking pokemon and swapping out for what he likes is pretty great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I play all pokemon games and curse move work different on pokemon that can learn move curse. For ghost pokemon,

The user will lose half of its maximum HP (rounded down) and put a curse on the target. If the user has less than half of its maximum HP remaining, the move will execute fully but cause the user to faint. A cursed Pokémon will lose ¼ of its maximum HP at the end of each turn. The curse will remain until the Pokémon switches out or the battle ends. This move is not blocked by Protect, Detect or Spiky Shield, but is blocked by Crafty Shield.

The user does not lose HP if Curse misses, fails (due to the target already being affected by Curse), or is blocked by Crafty Shield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That could be the most complex/complicated thing in Pokemon ever, lol.

I'm pretty sure I got rid of curse though, not positive.


BTW, Pokemon RESUMES this weekend (as early as Friday) and I've traded my Kababra and Haunter to evolve them into Alakazam and Gengar! Pretty sweet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Phil said:

That could be the most complex/complicated thing in Pokemon ever, lol.

I'm pretty sure I got rid of curse though, not positive.


BTW, Pokemon RESUMES this weekend (as early as Friday) and I've traded my Kababra and Haunter to evolve them into Alakazam and Gengar! Pretty sweet!

That's good to hear. Was the online working quick, and do you know if it's possible to trade with X and Y/Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

Also, I bet there's more complicated stuff in Pokemon. Like remembering all of Eevee's 8 evolutions :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I actually traded with Popsicolo. We were on each others friends list and could see that we were online, so we did a direct trade session. Went down without a hitch, but we only had Pokemon from Moon/Sun so no idea if other Pokemon can be traded etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

Eevee's 8 evolutions :P

Flareon - Fire

Spoiler

Use a fire stone

Jolteon - Electric

Spoiler

Use a Thunderstone

Vaporeon - Water

Spoiler

Use a water stone

Leafeon - Grass

Spoiler

Level up near a mossy rock

Glaceon - Ice

Spoiler

Level up near an icy rock

Umbreon - Dark

Spoiler

Happiness at night

Espeon - Psychic

Spoiler

Happiness during the day

Sylveon - Fairy

Spoiler

Level up with two hearts of affection in Pokemon Amie and while knowing a fairy type move

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I took a peek at the last video just to see where your levels were at since I'm trying not to spoil myself until I get the game for christmas. I would just recommend that if it does get too easy that you should either turn off exp. share or avoid wild pokemon if you aren't trying to catch them. Just run away instead of battling all of them.

And just a side note, your voice for Kiawe sounded very similar to his voice in the English dub of the anime. xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great session today! I ended up getting this cool looking salamander Pokemon that is kind of like my new main; I dropped Gengar and Alakazam bc they're overpowered and old.

I might have to look up how some of these new Pokemon evolve, because I Haven't got a clue, lol.

 

EDIT: So I think i'm completely fucked, the Salamandit I'm using is male and apparently ONLY the female version evolves. The only Pokemon IN THE ENTIRE GAME to have that restriction. How fucking stupid is that?!?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Phil said:

Great session today! I ended up getting this cool looking salamander Pokemon that is kind of like my new main; I dropped Gengar and Alakazam bc they're overpowered and old.

I might have to look up how some of these new Pokemon evolve, because I Haven't got a clue, lol.

 

EDIT: So I think i'm completely fucked, the Salamandit I'm using is male and apparently ONLY the female version evolves. The only Pokemon IN THE ENTIRE GAME to have that restriction. How fucking stupid is that?!?!

well I've never seen that before but there have been gender specific evolutions before. Aka Ralts to Gallade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Phil said:

Great session today! I ended up getting this cool looking salamander Pokemon that is kind of like my new main; I dropped Gengar and Alakazam bc they're overpowered and old.

I might have to look up how some of these new Pokemon evolve, because I Haven't got a clue, lol.

 

EDIT: So I think i'm completely fucked, the Salamandit I'm using is male and apparently ONLY the female version evolves. The only Pokemon IN THE ENTIRE GAME to have that restriction. How fucking stupid is that?!?!

idk it's sounds better then holding your 3DS upside down to evolve  some pokemon at level 30.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Phil said:

Great session today! I ended up getting this cool looking salamander Pokemon that is kind of like my new main; I dropped Gengar and Alakazam bc they're overpowered and old.

I might have to look up how some of these new Pokemon evolve, because I Haven't got a clue, lol.

 

EDIT: So I think i'm completely fucked, the Salamandit I'm using is male and apparently ONLY the female version evolves. The only Pokemon IN THE ENTIRE GAME to have that restriction. How fucking stupid is that?!?!

Yeah, there's plenty of gender specific evolutions in pokemon. Just as examples, Burmy in gen 5 has a female and male evolution, Kirlia has a female evolution in Gardevoir and a male one in Gallade which also needs a stone to evolve it. There's also Combee where only the female version evolves into a Vespiqueen, since I'm pretty sure male queen bees don't exist in the real world :P. I know there's more but it's just the ones I've had to deal with so far for finishing the pokedex in Pokemon Y.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

Yeah, there's plenty of gender specific evolutions in pokemon. Just as examples, Burmy in gen 5 has a female and male evolution, Kirlia has a female evolution in Gardevoir and a male one in Gallade which also needs a stone to evolve it. There's also Combee where only the female version evolves into a Vespiqueen, since I'm pretty sure male queen bees don't exist in the real world :P. I know there's more but it's just the ones I've had to deal with so far for finishing the pokedex in Pokemon Y.

Did he ever find out about stuff like Wurmple evolving into both Silcoon and Cascoon or Nincada having a secondary evolution that's only available if you have an open slot in your team and an empty pokeball?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just found another one. Snorunt from gen 3, both male and female can evolve into Glalie from leveling up, but it has another evolution exclusive to females where you need to use a dawn stone on them.

16 minutes ago, CheeseStrat said:

Did he ever find out about stuff like Wurmple evolving into both Silcoon and Cascoon or Nincada having a secondary evolution that's only available if you have an open slot in your team and an empty pokeball?

It's been so long since I've seen his OR playthrough so I don't really remember.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phil said:

EDIT: So I think i'm completely fucked, the Salamandit I'm using is male and apparently ONLY the female version evolves. The only Pokemon IN THE ENTIRE GAME to have that restriction. How fucking stupid is that?!?!

You could just go back and get a female while you're not recording. It's not really that much of a problem, especially once you can fly.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man Phil, I can't believe how lucky you got with that Mimikyu battle. What I'm guessing is that because all of its stats rose (that seems to be what happened since it didn't specify) it was pretty powerful overall. That's one reason why it was always attacking before you. Also didn't know it had the fairy type move play rough. That moves hurts a lot on its own, but with its buffs it was too good. And something to note for Sucker Punch: it only works if the target tries to attack you with a damaging move instead of things like growl. It's a good move for slow pokemon but it's also a guessing game on whether or not the opponent will try to damage you, which is why I never use that move.

On Mimikyu itself, you got lucky a second time by not using SealTard's Z move to hurt Mimikyu first since it's ability Disguise allows it to avoid all damage for one attack. Some people got screwed over by doing this. And I'll just say that I'm glad that the game actually does have some challenge based on what you and others have shown, and it's random on what they've had a hard time on. Much better than X and Y's easy mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

Man Phil, I can't believe how lucky you got with that Mimikyu battle. What I'm guessing is that because all of its stats rose (that seems to be what happened since it didn't specify) it was pretty powerful overall. That's one reason why it was always attacking before you. Also didn't know it had the fairy type move play rough. That moves hurts a lot on its own, but with its buffs it was too good. And something to note for Sucker Punch: it only works if the target tries to attack you with a damaging move instead of things like growl. It's a good move for slow pokemon but it's also a guessing game on whether or not the opponent will try to damage you, which is why I never use that move.

On Mimikyu itself, you got lucky a second time by not using SealTard's Z move to hurt Mimikyu first since it's ability Disguise allows it to avoid all damage for one attack. Some people got screwed over by doing this. And I'll just say that I'm glad that the game actually does have some challenge based on what you and others have shown, and it's random on what they've had a hard time on. Much better than X and Y's easy mode.

I purposely don't put my best foot forward in boss fights like this, just in case something like Disguise actually happens! So glad it paid off here, although having Mimikyu decimate my entire party besides Primarima (i think thats the name? lol) was not part of the plan. Luck is on my side in this playthrough, catching Bagon and today that rare Pokemon too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Phil said:

I purposely don't put my best foot forward in boss fights like this, just in case something like Disguise actually happens! So glad it paid off here, although having Mimikyu decimate my entire party besides Primarima (i think thats the name? lol) was not part of the plan. Luck is on my side in this playthrough, catching Bagon and today that rare Pokemon too!

You almost got it, it's Primarina. Also it'll be worth it having Shelgon and Metang evolve at lvl 50 and lvl 45 respectively. Btw, just saw your attempt at catching Beldum (you also spelled it wrong in the video title). Pretty funny with all your attempts as Beldum's catch rate is the lowest rate a pokemon can have at 3/255, as low as most legendary pokemon. It was easily the bane of my existence back in Emerald.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

You almost got it, it's Primarina. Also it'll be worth it having Shelgon and Metang evolve at lvl 50 and lvl 45 respectively. Btw, just saw your attempt at catching Beldum (you also spelled it wrong in the video title). Pretty funny with all your attempts as Beldum's catch rate is the lowest rate a pokemon can have at 3/255, as low as most legendary pokemon. It was easily the bane of my existence back in Emerald.

on my Pokemon team i have Absol, Raichu, Rowlet, Vaporeon, Hariyama, and Arcanine (raning from lv 49 and 50)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×