The King of Hate Forums

Returning to Twitch? Thoughts and Discussion Thread

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you're going back to twitch you need to change up your gameplay style, if you don't want to break immersion keep that for offline videos. The big thing about what twitch streamers so successful is

Phil, (shakes head) I partially agreed with everything you said, till the last paragraph. You're a Youtube entertainer. Youtube entertainers have to have a personal connection with the people they e

Happy to see a variety of people engaged and participating in the discussion. It's been a long time since we've actually had a positive thread around here! FYI, I've now officially requested to h

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Phil said:

Nobody in their right mind would act the way that certain group of people does. Healthy, logical humans don't think it's okay to stalk someone and do everything humanly possible to hurt someone they've never even met. ANY psychologist would tell you that the behavior of this group of people can best be described as a kind of mental illness.

Calling them idiots and the like doesn't properly or accurately describe the actual situation going on with these people.

I'm with you Phil, have you people here ever peered into the twitters of some of these people?  I first came across them when someone showed me this numpty Austin guy who had seemingly got a boner for my comments here and was tweeting who I was supposed to be and going from there and the tweets he replied to some of these people have no life outside DSP.

Look at it another way, could you imagine doing it in normal life?  Waking up to see what the guy across the roads done, tweet about what he's doing, put a disguise on and enter his home to see what he's saying then again go tweet about it while making a video of him to upload to the internet.  It's not normal, you'd be locked up and labeled a weirdo and you certainly wouldn't find anyone else doing it in order to make a silly internet gang.

These peoples brains don't function like normal people so it's fair to say they have some kind of retardation going on.  At the very least they are social misfits who don't fit anywhere in polite society and have created their own land of misfit toys.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Phil said:

Yeah, funny how Richter and I are perfectly fine with what went down (my angered response wasn't to him), but two drama-queen idiots (who are now banned, and have been banned in the past only to return) tried to spin it into something stupid, as usual. Good riddance. It's a dead subject now.

Anyway, 2 of today's games (Darkest Dungeon and Stardew Valley) are games I'd consider streaming as "chill" streams with lots of stream chat interaction. As in, I'd still record them for YouTube but UNLIKE most playthroughs, I wouldn't care if chat interaction interfered with gameplay. I'd actually welcome it, because overall the games are good, but the gameplay is FAR from riveting. I wonder if that kind of thing WOULD work on Twitch?

What about your Dead Rising New Game + run. Would you do that kind of structure for a similar game?

Has Phil already played Dead Rising recently?  I can't see any reason for him to go back just to play NG+ as nobody would really want to watch it. Probably why Phil never does NG+ as he would be playing the same game in quick succession which can't be good for views unless it's those who like to see him mess up and the games hard like a Dark Souls

Edited by TheTruthCommission
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, TheTruthCommission said:

Has Phil already played Dead Rising recently?  I can't see any reason for him to go back just to play NG+ as nobody would really want to watch it. Probably why Phil never does NG+ as he would be playing the same game in quick succession which can't be good for views unless it's those who like to see him mess up and the games hard like a Dark Souls

You misunderstand. He DID play Dead Rising including a NG+ run. In the second run he had the stream chat tell him how to do a completionist run.

I was asking if he would do a similar style of stream for other games.

46 minutes ago, TraditionalGames said:

You misunderstand. He DID play Dead Rising including a NG+ run. In the second run he had the stream chat tell him how to do a completionist run.

I was asking if he would do a similar style of stream for other games.

It's certainly possible, as second runs wouldn't really garner interest on YouTube. Maybe call it "Second Run Streams" or something like that. Certainly not against it, but it'd have to be during a time that nothing else is going on - and hopefully it'd turn into something profitable.

Doing a lot of off stream stuff and have it upload slowly on YT and doing chill streams on Twitch is going to work out. People love interaction and when you give it to them, they come back. This is why people come back to other people's streams and all. Cool to see how Phil is acting on change advised by everyone.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, BritPat said:

How? The target is 1000 isn't it? If he gets over, fair game he got extra to pay his bills.

The whole point of his Patreon is to do things he normally couldn't afford to waste time on. So we just get nothing new by going above and beyond with support? How is that fair?

2 hours ago, TheTruthCommission said:

Wouldn't a second run NG+ be better done as Youtube only?  I'd guess people who watched on astream wouldn't want to watch a 2nd run of the game a second time on youtube.  Youtube only to me looks the best option.

No because the whole point of it was stream interaction.

So something was mentioned in the chat that I think could actually work. Instead of just before the gameplay starts, during breaks and at the end for reading out subs and bit donations, why not do it when you split the videos? Obviously not every video split, but if the list gets built up, that's the perfect time. Also, it would be good to set up a minimum for how many bits you can donate at one time. That way you can avoid people spamming one bit donations xD. I think 50 bits would be a good minimum point.

As for having a list for said subs and donations, you may want to try out streamlabs. I'm not exactly sure how it works, but I know people use it to keep a list of the subs and donations. You'll just have to mess around

https://streamlabs.com/

16 minutes ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

So something was mentioned in the chat that I think could actually work. Instead of just before the gameplay starts, during breaks and at the end for reading out subs and bit donations, why not do it when you split the videos? Obviously not every video split, but if the list gets built up, that's the perfect time. Also, it would be good to set up a minimum for how many bits you can donate at one time. That way you can avoid people spamming one bit donations xD. I think 50 bits would be a good minimum point.

As for having a list for said subs and donations, you may want to try out streamlabs. I'm not exactly sure how it works, but I know people use it to keep a list of the subs and donations. You'll just have to mess around

https://streamlabs.com/

I agree with the suggestions and 50 bits seems like a good limit but maybe lower it to like 10 to test it out first. As for Twitch Alerts, yes please look into it. You're not forced at all to use the splash walls and sounds notifications if I recall. It also gives you the list of subs and Bit cheers which is what Phil wants. You just have to connect your account to it to work, no need for a download, you can even use it from your phone if you need to. If Phil has any questions about this he can always look up some tutorials if he needs to. Since many use this there quite alot of decent videos to watch for info. I hope Phil does do a few tests trying out different methods of twitch interactions like thanking the Subs and Bit Cheers during pre-stream and even in between video splits since it'd only take about a few seconds. Also YES please do sessions with interactions during the games like Stardew Valley, maybe even do it somewhat constantly, once or twice a month perhaps.

On 11/28/2016 at 3:36 PM, BritPat said:

How is he not being mindful? It is what it is. I don't know what other language you want him to say it in. 

If someone acts extremely paranoid and someone calls you out for acting mentally ill, its not really right to jump down their throat. he didn't insult you by calling you a scrub. mental illneas isn't a big deal nowadays.

Twitch will only be great for DSP.

I have a mental illness. It may not offend me but it will offend others.

I think this question is more valuable than my original statement so I edited it.

I have a hypothetical question. If I was a five dollar Patreon, but I didn't want to subscribe to Twitch because I don't want to support their business practices, would it be ok to run ad-blocking software during DSP's Twitch streams?

Edited by ToolmanArin
10 hours ago, ToolmanArin said:

I think this question is more valuable than my original statement so I edited it.

I have a hypothetical question. If I was a five dollar Patreon, but I didn't want to subscribe to Twitch because I don't want to support their business practices, would it be ok to run ad-blocking software during DSP's Twitch streams?

Twitch found a way to keep their ads playing even if you have adblock running.

I havre a question. Does twitch allow Phil to talk to his subscribers when ads are running? I was thinking he could have ads run at the top of the hour then use streamlabs to read the list of subscribers since the subscribers can't see the ads if twitch allowed him to talk during ads. Then when the ads are done he could thank the people that give bits then start recording again.

Edited by Tahdel

Something actually happened in the real world. Some real life situation that actually means something. It made me realize just how idiotic some people are. When the emergency services get involved, and you see the peril of another person. Well then you have a issue. 
I don't know what the major malfunction of this is the plan guy is. But I can tell you that it is no big deal. 

• Phil unpinned this topic