The King of Hate Forums
Danielswe

DSP's Twitch return - Chat emotes/fanart

4 hours ago, FloydMayweather said:

Lmaooo if DSP allowed those toolman arins emotes, they have a chance of going viral. People will sub just to use them

Think about it Phil more $$$

Exactly.

11 hours ago, GuessWhat said:

How much do you think he should get paid?

I'm asking for $1 an emote, and also, YES I do PixelArt.

4 hours ago, Phil said:

FYI I've added the cowboy and HMM emotes! They are great!

Also FYI, I AM TOTALLY FOR the "Fapping" emote. Someone just has to make a good one. I'm only 1 sub away from being able to have 6 emotes total so I'd have 2 open spots. And yeah, I do think people would sub just for the fapping emote, so whenever someone makes a good one it's getting added ASAP!

I have a good fapping emote if you're willing to pay for it. I'm glad you're enjoying Twitch, do you still hate their business practices now that you understand them?

29 minutes ago, ToolmanArin said:

I have a good fapping emote if you're willing to pay for it. I'm glad you're enjoying Twitch, do you still hate their business practices now that you understand them?

Allow me to make this as clear as day:

Nobody is going to pay you for ripping my face from my video without permission and making an emote with it. Especially not when there's people posting up things for free, to be part of a fun community and contribute to it, rather than looking to be capitalistic and make a buck. You look like an ass.

Popsicolo's actually looks better anyway, the colors pop far better and it doesn't look completely washed out like yours.

Don't bother posting again if you're looking for money. Nobody cares.

In response to your second question: yes, nothing has changed. It's still a business mostly focused on fundraising and begging for subs/donations/bits rather than putting out quality content of any kind. I'm trying to find a way to integrate that into my existing style of uninterrupted content, and it isn't easy. I doubt I'll ever be making $$$ like the full-time streamers do, but so far, it's been a mostly positive experience and I've had fun with it. Far more than I did from 2013-late 2014, for sure. But ad revenue still stinks and it's ONLY a viable place to make any money through subs/donations/bits.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

In response to your second question: yes, nothing has changed. It's still a business mostly focused on fundraising and begging for subs/donations/bits rather than putting out quality content of any kind. I'm trying to find a way to integrate that into my existing style of uninterrupted content, and it isn't easy. 

What I have seen other do is that record for youtube and stream on twitch do is that they have a timer visible, set to 20 minutes, or whatever their average clip length is. So they know when it would be sensible to do a break in recording to address the streamchat. 

The problem with the fap emote is that to my knowledge from screenshots Ive seen, i've not watched it as the idea of willingly watching another man masturbate is a little weird, there isn't a HQ source for it.  You especially can't charge for emotes of it that look like the face was cut out by someone whose hand was shaking like a shitting greyhound. I mean, charging for emotes?  Unbelievable.

40 minutes ago, TheTruthCommission said:

The problem with the fap emote is that to my knowledge from screenshots Ive seen, i've not watched it as the idea of willingly watching another man masturbate is a little weird, there isn't a HQ source for it.  You especially can't charge for emotes of it that look like the face was cut out by someone whose hand was shaking like a shitting greyhound. I mean, charging for emotes?  Unbelievable.

ToolmanArin said that he does pixel art, so I was thinking maybe he could post up some low quality original pixel art emotes and see if dsp would like to buy them.

That guy just openly admitted to making art for the detractors and CHARGING for it. First off, damn, those people must be really fucking stupid to pay for that stuff, when Popsicolo's first attempt was better than his second. Also, he's banned. What a moron.

ANYWAY, I've submitted both the Hmm and Fap emotes as of last night, but sadly Twitch didn't approve them yet. They don't seem to be consistent, so I have no idea when they actually will be.

Also good news: I hit 50 subs, so I can now have six emotes! So far I'll have five once these two are approved, so that leaves one open. The shower one is pretty good but I'm not sure it's so different from a few others.

2 hours ago, Tylerjku said:

Nothing I could do?

nicd28.png

nicd56.png

nicd112.png

Hmm that's a pretty good one!

I can only have six emotes until I hit 100 subs (I'm 40 away now) so the final emote, I'll see if people here have ideas or want one of the above (shower or nothing I could do?)

I added a white border around the letters and inside the words as well so that it is visible in Dark Mode. Whichever you think looks better.

nicd112.png

nicd56.png

nicd28.png

Edited by Tylerjku
UPDATED EMOTE

I made a DSP Plays Dead Rising 4 fanart picture you can use on the pre-stream if you want to, Phil :).

You will have to copy and paste the imgur link, because I can't upload it to the forum and I can't insert it to this post.

Here's the imgur link: http://i.imgur.com/Ofdy5El.png

Edited by Danielswe
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Danielswe said:

I made a DSP Plays Dead Rising 4 fanart picture you can use on the pre-stream if you want to, Phil :).

You will have to copy and paste the imgur link, because I can't upload it to the forum and I can't insert it to this post.

Here's the imgur link: http://i.imgur.com/Ofdy5El.png

thats gold

Just uploaded the Nothing I Could DO emote, I like it!

Still no update on the Fap emote, still seems like they won't approve it but they also haven't denied it...

28 more subscribers and I can have 2 more emotes for a total of 8! (I used to have 8, BTW).

16 minutes ago, Phil said:

Still no update on the Fap emote, still seems like they won't approve it but they also haven't denied it...

28 more subscribers and I can have 2 more emotes for a total of 8! (I used to have 8, BTW).

DSP,

I think the DSPFap emote won't be approved because of the name you named it, and ultimately won't ever since it breaks one of Twitch guidelines of being sexually suggestive content. Here are the rules if you haven't read them.

https://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/articles/2348985 

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Maybe you should try changing the name to DSPGasm or Philgasm instead. They have the Kreygasm emote which is one of their global emotes, so it could work.

• Upvote 1

The thing about the Kreygasm is the origin is just an over-reaction face that was actually sent and added directly by some higher up at Twitch. Problem with Phil's :fapface is it's his ACTUAL orgasm face, and if anyone wanted to do some research on the origin of the emote, under-aged viewers would pull up DSP's little incident which breaks Twitch's ToS rules. Silly I admit, but I understand where they're coming from to not approve an emote that originates from some guy accidentally jerking off on camera when parent's might not find that material suitable for their children to have access too.

Here's an alternative:

9.png10.png11.png

Edited by Off-Hilter

7 hours ago, Phil said:

You are accepting fanart for Dead Rising 4 and The Last Guardian for pre-stream and breaks, right? I believe you're only using them on Twitch, so you don't have to worry about copyright. Not that I would copyright the Dead Rising 4 image I made, haha.

7 hours ago, Off-Hilter said:

The thing about the Kreygasm is the origin is just an over-reaction face that was actually sent and added directly by some higher up at Twitch. Problem with Phil's :fapface is it's his ACTUAL orgasm face, and if anyone wanted to do some research on the origin of the emote, under-aged viewers would pull up DSP's little incident which breaks Twitch's ToS rules. Silly I admit, but I understand where they're coming from to not approve an emote that originates from some guy accidentally jerking off on camera when parent's might not find that material suitable for their children to have access too.

Here's an alternative:

9.png10.png11.png

If parents are letting their child watch whoever they want on Twitch, a site that has adult content,  unchecked then the problem is with those parents not the streamers or some vague emote.

Hate Army. Join the fight against the trolls! Might have to fix the stroke as the image gets smaller as it becomes nearly illegible. I could do that if it gets chosen. 

hatearmy112.png   hatearmy56.png   hatearmy28.png

And heres the full size art if you'd like to use it as something else.

Spoiler

hatearmy.jpg

Edited by GAYKISS
added full scale image

To clarify: YES, I'm now accepting fanart for all playthroughs I stream on Twitch! It'll only be used during the intros and before I ever record anything for YouTube, so it'll work out fine!

• Upvote 2