The King of Hate Forums

DSP's Twitch return - Chat emotes/fanart

Before you save the image, you have to LEFT-CLICK on it to get the full HD image, you have only been saving the thumbnails for my and others' fanart and they have been blurry on the pre-stream. So LEFT-CLICK first, then RIGHT-CLICK and save!

Here's my fanart for Call of Duty: WWII!

DSP CallofDutyWWII1080p1.png

Edited by Danielswe
  • Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A thumbnail for Nioh playthrough!

Something in celebration of a return to the Souls Series

Posted Images

I have some options for you guys for our next emote if Phil likes either of these.

dspEPE   5a02963ee7fbd_philpepe28.png.db1dfedf0c8c958c501d8eb341670849.png5a02963f72efa_philpepe56.png.e1ddf6910430a98f47799024e52078c0.png5a0296400e9ac_philpepe112.png.e606ae91cd83b501bf0a771ce7eb6092.png

and dspWRONG 5a0296810a9f8_wrong28.png.90bb444d2315ba1c444b6d0d53bd7060.png5a029681860c3_wrong56.png.251f25a03f995145ab97952359c191d0.png5a0296824c053_wrong112.png.7391e812881dc321a522fb3fd2f4d3de.png (Wrong is typed three times because negative space looks bad on emotes and in my opinion this is a better option that stretching text or tilting it. Thought I'd just make it look like similar emotes)

https://imgur.com/a/FFuTw

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

DSPSleeper

I added a second picture showcasing how the emote would look in stream.

Personally, I see people using this a lot. Memes always attract people to use emotes.

Especially if the emotes are something they can use as reactions to what they're watching / listening to.

I believe emotes like this can create some truly hilarious stream moments.

dspsleeper.gif

dspsleeper example.png

Here's 2 more, both are something I had previously already posted, now with right sizes and with example pictures of how they'll look in action.

I know it's easy for me to say as I made these but I really hope you use them. I'm not leeching. I'm not asking for any credit or anything. Just looking to make the livestream experience even more fun. And with meme like emotes like these I believe people would use these. Didn't you have like 2 or 3 new emote spots. :^) LOOKIE LOOKIE HERE MAN.

aassd.jpg

photo (3).jpg

9No8Myx.png

14FaB2p.png

The sleeper one is great because it's totally unique, and i'm going to add it right now. I'll mention the other ones on stream and have people check them out, and we'll see if we should add one of them or not!

EDIT: Oh wait, you only provided 100x100 but Twitch needs three different resolutions: 112x112, 56x56, and 28x28. Once you add those, I'll submit this one!

23 minutes ago, Phil said:

The sleeper one is great because it's totally unique, and i'm going to add it right now. I'll mention the other ones on stream and have people check them out, and we'll see if we should add one of them or not!

EDIT: Oh wait, you only provided 100x100 but Twitch needs three different resolutions: 112x112, 56x56, and 28x28. Once you add those, I'll submit this one!

Except it's not unique though, it's just your version of a preexisting global emote.

https://twitchemotes.com/emotes/245

Screenshot_20180103-221601.thumb.png.6e870d4c2542968e84d7c9e8589320ee.png

2 minutes ago, Hellblazer said:

Except it's not unique though, it's just your version of a preexisting global emote.

Pretty sure he knows that. People really use ResidentSleeper on his streams. And not in a negative way. Today's was a fine example of that.

MGS 2 dialogue got so tiresome for many that literally dozens of people started spamming ResidentSleeper.

By unique I think he meant unique to his stream.

ResidentSleeper is such a widely used emote that it's nice to have a version that is bit more personalized. Especially since, for many reasons people would use emotes such as RS.

12 minutes ago, Hellblazer said:

Also, I wanted to add. I don't know if your comment was in a negative way towards the idea of that specific emote or not..

Regardless, I wanted to clarify something with you. 99% of emotes on Twitch are inspired by these very originals. Think about it.

What are emotes supposed to project to other viewers? Emotions. Well what emotion would something like RS implicate? Boredom.

All these emotes are based on emotions. People want to express their emotions through emotes even if not always being super serious about it.

They speak such large volumes especially when many people use them at once. Some emotes express sadness, laughter, anger, boredom etc.

Broadcasters immediately see what the chat is thinking without reading multiple large sentences.

Which is great because streamers like Phil usually have to focus on the game and can't constantly be looking at fan feedback and reactions in the chat.

Point being, it's impossible to create emotes in this day and age that are completely and entirely original and not inspired by anything, because they're based on such basic emotions.

That's the entire point of an emote, it's something people can use when they relate to that feeling that the emote displays.

Hope you enjoyed my essay. Don't try and ruin my chances of being noticed by Senpai Phil.

44 minutes ago, PL4GUET4STIC said:

On it cap'n

Sizes should be fixed now. First time doing this, my apologies for not doing it correctly the first time.

dspsleeper112.gif

dspsleeper56.gif

dspsleeper28.gif

photo (3)112.jpg

photo (3)56.jpg

photo (3)28.jpg

aassd112.jpg

aassd56.jpg

aassd28.jpg

Crap, tried to submit it and now it says it absolutely MUST be in PNG format. Strict jerks!

20 hours ago, Phil said:

Crap, tried to submit it and now it says it absolutely MUST be in PNG format. Strict jerks!

Phil, I don't mean to bother you but I felt dissatisfied with myself after looking more closely into the emote I made. I mean, the reception was certainly good, and the emote is funny enough to be in constant use but I feel like the quality was lacking and wasn't visually professional enough. I cleaned it up a bit, I hope you'll reupload this one.

My only genuine concern is that people will find a way to shit on you through the quality of the current version of that emote. We both they'll always find a way to criticize and to shit. So I personally wanted to do my very best so that I wouldn't be giving those people that excuse.

Again, I hope you'll reupload this as the dspSleeper emote as it looks more cleaned out. According to what I know, you have unlimited opportunities to remove and re-add emotes on Twitch, so that shouldn't be an issue. Thank you for understanding. I'll work on more emotes and you can use them if you wish to do so.

dspsleepermoreclean112.png

dspsleepermoreclean28.png

dspsleepermoreclean56.png

Edited by PL4GUET4STIC

Also here's another emote. I hope I'm not bothering anyone by filling the section over here. Not trying to force these down anyone's throat just trying to be helpful.

dspChamp

I honestly think this one came out nicely but I don't know how useful you'll find it as we already have something like dspsurprised but i guess this one looks bit more excited than surprised.

C_WTsFJUIAAM4wKK56.png

C_WTsFJUIAAM4wKK112.png

C_WTsFJUIAAM4wKK28.png

JAchXPb.png

Got an idea for a replacement for the batphil emote. Why not have that emote be current playthrough emote. For example you would use batphil when you play batman games but since you're currently playing metal gear you could swap it for an emote of you dressed like Snake.