The King of Hate Forums
Danielswe

DSP's Twitch return - Chat emotes/fanart

6 hours ago, HermanoCarl said:

I submit this image for the Prestream. For your information, the symbols on the left are the symbols of salt, which I made as a joke and/or reference to the frustration that some gamers experience when playing certain games.

The Link:

https://www.deviantart.com/hermano-carl/art/DSP-vs-Iudex-Gundyr-760092554

ChampionGundyrCop.png

This is great!

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, HermanoCarl said:

I submit this image for the Prestream. For your information, the symbols on the left are the symbols of salt, which I made as a joke and/or reference to the frustration that some gamers experience when playing certain games.

The Link:

https://www.deviantart.com/hermano-carl/art/DSP-vs-Iudex-Gundyr-760092554

ChampionGundyrCop.png

Loving this black and white inking style. This shit looks nuts. 

• Upvote 2

On 8/25/2018 at 5:33 PM, thirdeyethethird said:

Phil, this is what I was getting at when you were asking about the leaderboard bar being too big and intrusive

gfkPGWm.jpg

basically the idea is to use up the least amount of space as possible. Subcount is in your cam overlay. Top tip/cheer is right above or below the cam depending on the game in small font but still legible in 720p or 1080p. The twitter handle in the upper left corner is there if ever a clip of yours is used somewhere without any credit given, at least people know where to find you.

As this isn't fanart, but graphics for a stream/business you'll understand if I don't upload the overlay for free.

If you are interested, name a price you think that this is worth and I'll make new channel buttons for tips, tspring, etc. as well.

edit: here's a tip page for muxy extensions and whatnot for automated stuff so you don't have to interrupt your gameplay to get someone on the leaderboard https://muxy.io/tutorial/stream-setup-ticker/

take a look at these from that muxy link, they would be most useful to you

- Most_recent_subscriber.txt

- Total_subscriber_count.txt

- Recent_donators.txt

- Session_top_donator.txt

Edited by thirdeyethethird
additional info
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, ItSaysDilbert said:

I'd be honored if Phil could use my artwork on one of his prestream slides.

Optimized-IMG_20180826_174945.jpg

Good drawing skills dude, but he looks like he has jaundice.

:huh:

Think the coloring is off.

On 8/25/2018 at 5:33 PM, thirdeyethethird said:

Phil, this is what I was getting at when you were asking about the leaderboard bar being too big and intrusive

gfkPGWm.jpg

This proposed change is actually quite good. Would look far better, take less space, and advertise twitter. The only thing is that the sub goal might be represented by something like 550 / ### which would require just a small change.

I think that's awful? I can't read it at all, and it's cluttered as all hell. The idea is that people can actually see their name and get some recognition, not get some tiny squished text just as a way to say "well, see, I did put your name up there as I'd said I would." I truly am grateful for contributions and want it to be represented that way, in nice text everyone can see. Not tiny text in a font you can't read that looks like ants, cluttered around a UI as an afterthought.

Also, I CANNOT automate anything. Trolls would undoubtedly use names that are allusions to racism, disgusting sexual/sexist things, detractor memes etc. to get up there automatically and then I'd have to constantly police it and remove stuff manually. I've explained this a bunch of times, it works for smaller streamers but for someone like me who always has haters, I can't take that risk. Twitch hold streamers accountable for what's on their streams even if it's obvious trolling. 

• Like 2

Fair enough, you don't want to take the risk with automation. But I am legit surprised that you think that the text looks tiny. Anyway I wasn't pulling your leg with the buttons, this is what it would look like:

Wo0xK74.jpg

Ask your community either directly on stream or via twitter poll if they would prefer a simpler leaderboard/subcount layout. I think you will be surprised.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, thirdeyethethird said:

Fair enough, you don't want to take the risk with automation. But I am legit surprised that you think that the text looks tiny. Anyway I wasn't pulling your leg with the buttons, this is what it would look like:

Wo0xK74.jpg

Ask your community either directly on stream or via twitter poll if they would prefer a simpler leaderboard/subcount layout. I think you will be surprised.

IMO The top tipper/cheerer looks kinda small, could be some sizes bigger. But I like the design and idea. 

• Like 1

Well the size of the text for top tip/top cheer is in Phil's control. The overlay was made in mind with Phil's grip onto manual input.  It's really just a suggestion on how to arrange the elements so that there is no need for a huge bar on top. The face cam overlay was made specifically to house the sub counter, which again can be updated manually, just keep the text on top. Furthermore, it's a wide ratio compared to the current one which is pretty much a square ratio that takes up a lot of dead space around Phil. Less dead space means a larger and cleaner close up of the broadcaster. Especially in Phil's case since his camera is pretty old and produces a blurry image. I consider it to be a decent workaround and improvement for not being able to spend extra money on a new webcam.

It's also not just about space efficiency, it's about looking and staying modern with other streams. No matter how  friendly the streaming business is, it is still a competition between broadcasters. Phil wants his channel to grow but he's up against other variety streamers in his class. I'm not a streamer therefore I can't tell him how to do that in terms of content improvement. However, as a graphics artist and an avid twitch viewer I can at least provide some guidance in the design department.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Phil said:

I think that's awful? I can't read it at all, and it's cluttered as all hell. The idea is that people can actually see their name and get some recognition, not get some tiny squished text just as a way to say "well, see, I did put your name up there as I'd said I would." I truly am grateful for contributions and want it to be represented that way, in nice text everyone can see. Not tiny text in a font you can't read that looks like ants, cluttered around a UI as an afterthought.

Also, I CANNOT automate anything. Trolls would undoubtedly use names that are allusions to racism, disgusting sexual/sexist things, detractor memes etc. to get up there automatically and then I'd have to constantly police it and remove stuff manually. I've explained this a bunch of times, it works for smaller streamers but for someone like me who always has haters, I can't take that risk. Twitch hold streamers accountable for what's on their streams even if it's obvious trolling. 

What's wrong with it? It surrounds your facecam so it's all in one and more streamlined. But you're the boss, I guess.

Hi Phil,

Since you are using the leaderboard for all games this is an overlay for the new spiderman game. If you choose to use this please scale the game window and have the leaderboard at the bottom of the screen. I would prefer to have the leaderboard not cover the game for the new spiderman. Hyped for the playthrough!

B80OhKP.png

35 minutes ago, UndergroundKnight said:

Hi Phil,

Since you are using the leaderboard for all games this is an overlay for the new spiderman game. If you choose to use this please scale the game window and have the leaderboard at the bottom of the screen. I would prefer to have the leaderboard not cover the game for the new spiderman. Hyped for the playthrough!

B80OhKP.png

Looks good man. Can we confirm that there's nothing in the bottom righthand corner of the screen in Spider-Man so that webcam positioning will work? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Looks good man. Can we confirm that there's nothing in the bottom righthand corner of the screen in Spider-Man so that webcam positioning will work? 

I based it on the spiderman gameplay video, which had inputs for combo finishers in the bottom right. I figured that wasn't too important for viewers. However, I've looked through new gameplay videos and it looks like they swapped the map to the bottom right. I'll fix it up and repost it. Sorry about this!

Edit: qu5797g.png

Edited by UndergroundKnight
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, UndergroundKnight said:

I based it on the spiderman gameplay video, which had inputs for combo finishers in the bottom right. I figured that wasn't too important for viewers. However, I've looked through new gameplay videos and it looks like they swapped the map to the bottom right. I'll fix it up and repost it. Sorry about this!

Edit: qu5797g.png

Not a problem, this is exactly why I asked actually. Thanks!