The King of Hate Forums
SilentWarrior25

Nintendo Switch Thoughts & Discussion

1 hour ago, MDCFAN101 said:

Funny, IMO the last time Nintendo made good consoles were the Gamecube and Wii (IMO at least).

Did I say the Wii U was good?

What is everyone's opinion on the pace of the system with the atest games (ARMS and Splatoon 2) and the new ones (Pokken and Mario x Rabbids)?

Edited by LastRambo341

4 hours ago, LastRambo341 said:

What is everyone's opinion on the pace of the system with the atest games (ARMS and Splatoon 2) and the new ones (Pokken and Mario x Rabbids)?

I was thinking about getting one after E3, but still not enticed enough by the current games library to buy one yet.

6 hours ago, LastRambo341 said:

What about Mario Odyssey?

Yes I think that is a system seller, but personally to me after finishing that there are no other games in the current library that are must buys, at least more interesting than upcoming PS4 game releases are. Like dsp has said in the past and I agree Nintendo usually have great first party titles, but you need a good selection of third party releases too and right now I don't see that.

13 hours ago, Nich2440 said:

Once Odyssey and Skyrim comes out I'll consider it. But games like Splatoon, Arms, and Mario Kart is a pretty lame lineup.

Why? Splatoon 2 and Mario kart are really huge games and sold well.

6 hours ago, Noir said:

Why? Splatoon 2 and Mario kart are really huge games and sold well.

So? Once you play all the maps/tracks you've seen the whole game. I'd rather play games with an epic story or large open world. And if I am going to play a multiplayer game it'll be something like Dead by Daylight because has stealth an atmosphere.

3 hours ago, Nich2440 said:

So? Once you play all the maps/tracks you've seen the whole game. I'd rather play games with an epic story or large open world. And if I am going to play a multiplayer game it'll be something like Dead by Daylight because has stealth an atmosphere.

Splatoon 2 is getting post support with new weapons and maps so the game is always kept fresh. Mario Karts gameplay is really fun and it lets you keep coming back with 150cc, mirror , and 200cc. The gameplay is whats really important.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Noir said:

Splatoon 2 is getting post support with new weapons and maps so the game is always kept fresh. Mario Karts gameplay is really fun and it lets you keep coming back with 150cc, mirror , and 200cc. The gameplay is whats really important.

What's the difference between the two games besides being fun? That's the point. I want my games to have something more than just being fun. Candy crush would keep me just entertained as those games.

1 hour ago, Noir said:

Thats true. I play games for gameplay. Not everyone wants a film, there's movies for that. Can see not everyone feela this way though, sadly. Each to their own I guess.

39 minutes ago, Amityville said:

Thats true. I play games for gameplay. Not everyone wants a film, there's movies for that. Can see not everyone feela this way though, sadly. Each to their own I guess.

For the record I don't want a film. I want an epic adventure. Breath of the Wild for example. It's fun, has a huge open world, a great story, and it's intuitive.

In splatoon you just shoot people. In Mario Kart you just race. It's fun but too simple for me.

On ‎23‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 10:39 PM, Nich2440 said:

For the record I don't want a film. I want an epic adventure. Breath of the Wild for example. It's fun, has a huge open world, a great story, and it's intuitive.

In splatoon you just shoot people. In Mario Kart you just race. It's fun but too simple for me.

You are strange.

What do you expect from a kart racer? Saying that it is lame has no basis in fact.

In Splatoon, you have a single player campaign, PvP and a horde mode. Including Post-game content

6 hours ago, LastRambo341 said:

You are strange.

What do you expect from a kart racer? Saying that it is lame has no basis in fact.

In Splatoon, you have a single player campaign, PvP and a horde mode. Including Post-game content

I don't expect anything. I don't get hooked on those kinds of games so I choose not to play it. It's called personal preference.

Wii U was awesome as a piece of hardware and potential ecosystem, it was third party support that killed it.

3 hours ago, ISP said:

Wii U was awesome as a piece of hardware and potential ecosystem, it was third party support that killed it.

I would say the hardware and 3rd party support killed it, Switch is looking a bit better though.

Yeah the Wii U failed because it was underpowered and focused on motion controls after the fad died.

The Switch's gimmick, on the other hand, doesn't affect the gameplay.

TBH, I never actually said the Wii U was bad.  I've played the Wii U a few times at my local ACI (Alliance Center for Independence) building.  I've had quite fun with it.  The game I had the most fun playing is Super Mario 3-D world.

3 hours ago, LazyDave said:

The Wii U was incredibly underpowered. The thing could barely do 1080p in 2012... Utter flop.

i still say the only reason it failed was because it was released too late, it should have been the first and only Wii.

2 hours ago, Darksphere92 said:

i still say the only reason it failed was because it was released too late, it should have been the first and only Wii.

I actually didn't mind the Wii U It played Breath of the Wild quite well