Jump to content
The King of Hate Forums

Nintendo Switch Thoughts & Discussion


SilentWarrior25

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, LazyDave said:

And besides playing that, Smash, and Mario Kart.,.. Thats all it really did.

Bayo 2, Pikmin 3, wonderful 101, Splatoon, Star Fox Zero, Donkey Kong Country TF, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Maker, New Super Mario Bros U, New Super Luigi U, Lego City Undercover, Pokken Tournament,  a Better port of Need For Speed Most Wanted, Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Xenoblade Chronicles X,Zombi U, Kirby and The Rainbow Curse and Yoshi's Woolly World. 

Edited by Darksphere92
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Darksphere92 said:

Bayo 2, Pikmin 3, wonderful 101, Splatoon, Star Fox Zero, Donkey Kong Country TF, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Maker, New Super Mario Bros U, New Super Luigi U, Lego City Undercover, Pokken Tournament,  a Better port of Need For Speed Most Wanted, Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Xenoblade Chronicles X,Zombi U, Kirby and The Rainbow Curse and Yoshi's Woolly World. 

Yeah I know there were other games on the thing, but I mean games that you buy the system for and weren't rehashes, remakes, HD remixes or could be found on another system. The Wii U was a pointless system. Its biggest deathblow besides that ridiculous and even more pointless tablet controller, was staying at $300 MSRP for its entire life cycle even though it was failing miserably when for just $50 - $100 more (and if you knew how to look and shop, at the same price point) you could get a way superior system.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, LastRambo341 said:

That was not the point, he said it could barely do 1080p and I am refuting him

Well I believe the Wii U only had 4 or 5 games that natively ran at 1080p. I think its Smash, Rayman, Monster Hunter and WindWaker. So 4 out of 700+ games, that is 0.57% of the entire Wii U library that can do 1080p. I think the Dave guy was being a bit generous when he used the word "barely".

I can't stand Nintendo, but don't let my subjective opinion take away from that objective statement.

Edited by HerosScrolls
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, HerosScrolls said:

Well I believe the Wii U only had 4 or 5 games that natively ran at 1080p. I think its Smash, Rayman, Monster Hunter and WindWaker. So 4 out of 700+ games, that is 0.57% of the entire Wii U library that can do 1080p. I think the Dave guy was being a bit generous when he used the word "barely".

I can't stand Nintendo, but don't let my subjective opinion take away from that objective statement.

Saying "it barely had many 1080p games" is different than "it barely does 1080p"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, LastRambo341 said:

Saying "it barely had many 1080p games" is different than "it barely does 1080p"

Its the same thing. If a console only has a handful of games it can run at 1080P, then its barely doing 1080P. You seem like calling the Wii U a "FULL HD 1080P Console" wouldn't be a lie. The reason it only had a few 1080P games because it could barely do 1080P. Ultimately, it WAS underpowered. 

Edited by HerosScrolls
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, HerosScrolls said:

Its the same thing. If a console only has a handful of games it can run at 1080P, then its barely doing 1080P. You seem like calling the Wii U a "FULL HD 1080P Console" wouldn't be a lie. The reason it only had a few 1080P games because it could barely do 1080P because ultimately it was underpowered. 

But it still did 1080p games

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Only lasted 4 years, sold only 13 million compared to the console before it that sold 100 million and its officially Nintendo's worst selling console. Yeah, its a failure. I can see you're a big Nintendo fan that's trying to argue semantics but let it go man. It fucking failed and every one knows it. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Edited by HerosScrolls
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, HerosScrolls said:

Only lasted 4 years, sold only 13 million compared to the console before it that sold 100 million and its officially Nintendo's worst selling console. Yeah, its a failure. I can see you're a big Nintendo fan that's trying to argue semantics but let it go man. It fucking failed and every one knows it. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Not a chance :P

 

*loads a shotgun*

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, LastRambo341 said:

Not a chance :P

 

*loads a shotgun*

It's reality man :laugh:

lupp.png.556e10fbca27a5564545c1a889c823e8.pnglupper.thumb.png.72f34e841c7ef8a989834eaacb8daf4d.png

luppers.png.58eda596188184953b2c25ada94d5660.png

2 minutes ago, Darksphere92 said:

i forgot didnt some 360 or ps3 games lie on the back of the game's box that it supported 1080P, when the game was stretch from 720P to 1080P?

Yeah they probably did upscale some games, but both those systems came out in 2005 - 06' respectively, HDMI was still relatively new, the Xbox didn't even launch with HDMI support. The Wii U launched in 2012 still doing mostly 720P games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, HerosScrolls said:

It's reality man :laugh:

lupp.png.556e10fbca27a5564545c1a889c823e8.pnglupper.thumb.png.72f34e841c7ef8a989834eaacb8daf4d.png

luppers.png.58eda596188184953b2c25ada94d5660.png

Yeah they probably did upscale some games, but both those systems came out in 2005 - 06' respectively, HDMI was still relatively new, the Xbox didn't even launch with HDMI support. The Wii U launched in 2012 still doing mostly 720P games.

If I said that you won $13m, how would you react? :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, LastRambo341 said:

If I said that you won $13m, how would you react? :P

Personally? Great. If I was a video game company that invested way more than 13 million into manufacturing, advertising, research and development while mostly only relying on 1st party game support? I'd be sick to my stomach.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, HerosScrolls said:

Personally? Great. If I was a video game company that invested way more than 13 million into manufacturing, advertising, research and development while mostly only relying on 1st party game support? I'd be sick to my stomach.

it didnt hurt Nintendo much tbh, Nintendo was founded in 1889

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Darksphere92 said:

it didnt hurt Nintendo much tbh, Nintendo was founded in 1889

Probably not, especially after the success of the Wii. But Nintendo isn't Microsoft or Sony, they don't sell TV's and Operating Systems. They are strictly gaming and gaming software. I don't think they could have afforded another Wii U failure with the Switch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, HerosScrolls said:

Probably not, especially after the success of the Wii. But Nintendo isn't Microsoft or Sony, they don't sell TV's and Operating Systems. They are strictly gaming and gaming software. I don't think they could have afforded another Wii U failure with the Switch.

tbh, i think Wii should have failed, and Wii U should have been a success. i myself consider the Wii a Virtual Boy 2.0, both were the first to do things (Wii did motion controls, Virtual Boy did VR) both were shit, well at least for the Wii motion plus and Zelda Skyward Sword came out, got motion controls right, and Nintendo immediately drops it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Darksphere92 said:

tbh, i think Wii should have failed, and Wii U should have been a success. i myself consider the Wii a Virtual Boy 2.0, both were the first to do things (Wii did motion controls, Virtual Boy did VR) both were shit, well at least for the Wii motion plus and Zelda Skyward Sword came out, got motion controls right, and Nintendo immediately drops it. 

I think Nintendo had lightning in a bottle and the right timing. Gaming was starting to surge into one of media entertainments biggest industries, parents and casuals wanted to see what the big deal was with gaming but didn't want to learn regular controls on a regular controller. The Wii solved that learning curve gap at the right time by having motion controls that were easy to learn with alot of games that supported it well enough for casual gamers to make a purchase. It had third party support and it was cheaper than the other consoles.I fucking hate the system and thought it was a toy for little kids and old people, but I understood the popularity.

The Wii U, I don't know what the fuck they were thinking. It's obvious they had no idea how to follow up the original Wii. I guess for research they where in the middle of the tablet boom and saw many people were gaming on mobile devices more than ever. Nintendo must of thought if they made their own tablet, casuals would gravitate to them again. What they didn't think of is anyone that had a tablet or mobile device already in 2012, didn't want to pay THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS for a shittier version of whatever mobile or tablet they already owned that they couldn't take outside or put any apps on and only to play fucking Zelda and Mario games since Nintendo thought it was a good idea to abandon the third party market. As far as attracting the people who already had a Wii, they also failed to realize that casual gamers looked at the Wii as an appliance they there were going to keep until it broke, not something that they were going to upgrade ever handful of years.

Just several dumb decisions by Nintendo is why the Wii U failed. It really should of never existed.

Edited by HerosScrolls
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HerosScrolls said:

I think Nintendo had lightning in a bottle and the right timing. Gaming was starting to surge into one of media entertainments biggest industries, parents and casuals wanted to see what the big deal was with gaming but didn't want to learn regular controls on a regular controller. The Wii solved that learning curve gap at the right time by having motion controls that were easy to learn with alot of games that supported it well enough for casual gamers to make a purchase. It had third party support and it was cheaper than the other consoles.I fucking hate the system and thought it was a toy for little kids and old people, but I understood the popularity.

The Wii U, I don't know what the fuck they were thinking. It's obvious they had no idea how to follow up the original Wii. I guess for research they saw the tablet boom and saw many people were gaming on mobile devices more than ever. Nintendo must of thought if they made their own tablet, casuals would gravitate to them again. What they didn't think of is anyone that had a tablet or mobile device already in 201, didn't want to pay THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS for a shittier version of whatever mobile or tablet they already owned, only to play fucking Zelda and Mario games since Nintendo thought it was a good idea to abandon the third party market. As far as attracting the people who already had a Wii, they also failed to realise that casual gamers looked at the Wii as an appliance they there were going to keep until it broke, not something that they were going to upgrade ever handful of years.

Just several dumb decisions by Nintendo is why the Wii U failed. It really should of never existed.

Why are you ranting? It is long gone

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...