The King of Hate Forums

The case for a Bloodborne DLC: Redemption Run

Yes, I KNOW Phil has already said this is out of the question but I don't think there is any harm in still talking about it as long as we're civilized. I just want to lay the cards out on the table and have a discussion between fans.

Phil's return to the original Dark Souls has proven to be more popular than many of us expected. It seems that Phil's general persona and even his viewerbase have a special connection to the Souls series and that content is consistently popular.

Just curious but what was Phil's most popular playthrough of 2016? I'd bet good money that it was Dark Souls III. Since his Souls gameplay is always great, and he's proven the success of this "redemption run" concept of going back and completing games that defeated him in the past, why not marry the two ideas and do a redemption run of the Bloodborne DLC? Doesn't have to be right now but hopefully some time in the foreseeable future this would be a great playthrough and pretty much a guaranteed hit. There is clearly a market for it and he's more experienced now than he has ever been. He has conquered EVERY other bit of From Software games, the ONLY thing remaining is the Bloodborne DLC. Whatever obstacles he would have to overcome to make this playthrough happen it would certainly be worth it. It's the last remaining loose end to tie up, the "final chapter" if you will.

What do you think?

yes and no, he doesnt have to play the whole game because to access the dlc you only have to beat vicar amelia the boss of cathedral ward and touch the skull to turn the game to night, so that is 3 bosses. bloodstarved beast can be skipped by getting the 10,000 soul key. however around vicar he would be soul level 30-40 with a +3 or +4 hunters axe. the dlc is staggering even at soul level 70 he would need to grind to around soul level 90-100 to even fight normally. would need to practice invincibility frames, staggering, viceral attacks and basically become pro for ludwig, the rest of the bosses are way easier than ludwig.

and yes I have seen the soul level 1 fight against ludwig it took the guy 9 hours of dying.

Edited by Framework
2 hours ago, Meteo_Zegarra2018 said:

Why does people want Phil to play Thru 3 bosses again just to play the DLC? So pointless

fixed.

Also, according to ur logic, why did ppl want phil to replay ds1? it turned out to be popular but i did not want it and it turned out to be disappointing (for me at least). Why did ppl want phil to replay mgs3 again as well? I dunno what they are expecting from that. However, i want phil to play the dlc bcos the bosses are great and he didnt beat it yet.

imo, this is the way to get phil to consider the dlc regardless of him denying it and said that its impossible. Hes just that kind of guy. without ppl pestering him enough to do something he ll just deny it outright if its isnt what he want to do in the first place. But when hes in deep enough trouble and a large amount of ppl asking for it he ll start listening.

Edited by Chachamaru

There's a trillion games coming out starting today and through february. Dragon quest 8 and Gravity rush 2 come out today, then Resident evil 7, Yakuza and Kingdom hearts 2.8 next week. Though I doubt he'll play it, the Nioh last chance demo is open for this weekend only which will get you all the free dlcs if you missed them.

Edited by KGhaleon
  • Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Amityville said:

He already pointed out why he won't do this about a million times. How can you not know about it?

He also said verbatim after his earlier playthrough of Dark Souls when asked about getting his hand held through the game:

"No, how about I have so much dignity, that I feel no sense of accomplishment from beating Dark fucking Souls."

Yet here we are.

Anything is possible in DSP land.

Edited by WorthySquire
8 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

There's a trillion games coming out starting today and through february. Dragon quest 8 and Gravity rush 2 come out today, then Resident evil 7, Yakuza and Kingdom hearts 2.8 next week. Though I doubt he'll play it, the Nioh last chance demo is open for this weekend only which will get you all the free dlcs if you missed them.

The code of the dragon, Double Dragon IV is also a January release.

Jimmy and Bimmy Lee. Not sure if Phil will find time for it or if he likes those type of games. 

Minecraft and his 1st return to dark souls worked out well so far even tho it took 2+ years. Im the audience, nothing wrong with asking and giving feedback to what i want to see.

If he hasnt been flipfloping so much during his time on youtube i might ve believe him and that hes firm in his words.

2 hours ago, TheTruthCommission said:

Is this generation so entitled they still ask for this DLC playthroughs after being told it's not happening three times? Unless OP is making a concerted effort to annoy Phil this thread has no purpose.

Yeah just like when Phil said he would NEVER EVER go back to twitch yet here we are. 

8 hours ago, TheTruthCommission said:

Is this generation so entitled they still ask for this DLC playthroughs after being told it's not happening three times? Unless OP is making a concerted effort to annoy Phil this thread has no purpose.

That's the only thing I can think of. People serm love to ask for stuff that Phil already said no to. And then they top it off saying it will be popular yet they can't prove that.

• Upvote 1