The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Ask the King Ep. 64 - April 20, 2017

Phil    1560

Please post up your questions for the next episode of Ask the King releasing on April 20, 2017 here!

Kaaris    0

Hey DSP,

This is probably more a suggestion than a question, but anyway I'd like your opinion about it:

Would you let your channel take another dimension and play bad games (poorly designed) just for the hell of it and purposely make funny contents out of it ? It could brings you a lot since you would let out more emotions and I think that's what people want to see from you.

Thanks.

(Sorry for my bad english it isn't my mother language.)

Edited by Kaaris

Streetguru    0

In regards to a new computer, I suppose you wouldn't know anyone at places like cyberpower/ibuypower who build/sell PCs, but did you consider reaching out for sponsorship?

Like having a banner on videos or a small preroll ad for X numbers of months on all week in previews or something, Such as "This review was edited on such and such PC from X maker" or "the PC streaming you this content was provided by X"

Your best chance at this may be with AMD's upcoming Ryzen chips, which should offer competitive performance at a price far below what the equivalent 8 core 16 thread intel chip costs. being $1,049.99 at this time, since AMD will be looking to advertise and show off their hardware as much as possible. 

Just trying to get sponsored with parts that you assemble yourself might be the easiest route.

You could then turn your old PC into your new capture PC or something, but here's a streaming test of the new Ryzen chip for dota 2

videos' only about a minute long 00:30

if nothing else it should be the most cost effective solution for you to buy in the coming months should things improve.

--

And you can get a wireless adapter for the Xbone One controller to use on windows, can't think of a modern PC game that doesn't also have controller support

Edited by Streetguru

onorub    93

At the end of the year, would you ever make a "KOGaming Community Creations Tournament" for a "funniest moments of the year" montage? It could go like this:

Make it so the montages have to be 5 minutes long at most, upload all the submissions in one video and put up a poll in said video's description;

Make a second video showcasing the winner and your overall thoughts of how the Community Creations worked for you this year.

Edited by onorub

Rena    6

Hi Phil, has there been a game playthrough that has ever made a lasting impression on you to this day? I know you've played a ton of games over the years and I'd like to know if there has been that "one game" that really stood out with you.

RichterTryhard    114

Well the topic was closed so I'll just ask you here. 

Hi Phil, in regards to the groups that you dislike do you genuinely believe that both the SoK and all the detractors in general are people who are sociopathic and want to harm you in real life? Or just the SoK? I can believe someone out there does.. But the entire group of people?

I wanted to know if you genuinely believe this or if its just something you said in the heat of the moment.. Much like when you rage in your gameplay videos. Because for me.. It is sometimes difficult to tell when you genuinely mean what you say or not..

To clarify I am not arguing about whether or not they are sociopathic or out to get you.. Only asking if you truly and genuinely believe that they are.

Thats all. And as always good luck my dude.

Streetguru    0
On 2/3/2017 at 0:09 AM, Streetguru said:

Don't think I can edit it any further.

But Ryzen was finally announced today, $399 for an 8c/16t chip in the 1700X, the per thread/core performance isn't actually much faster than what you currently have, mostly you get 2 additional cores

Where as the intel chip is around $1000 for the same total performance.

So ya, good luck on the sponsorship should you choose to try and go that route somehow.

7:30 for the important bit about streaming performance under Dota 2 anyways
https://youtu.be/3rUndzpdo1I?t=450

That's what a basic upgrade would look like, better to have more RAM than less for what you do.

http://i.imgur.com/w2dZ4Lm.png

Edited by Streetguru

RichterTryhard    114

Hi Phil,

Ok, You're known as "The King of Hate" because you use that hate against you as fuel to further yourself. However its sadly commonly misunderstood as a person who hates anything far too often.. I am guilty of this myself sadly as well. And have met some viewers that thought it was related to racism in some way.

My question is.. Would you ever consider a new title? And if so what would you call yourself? I remmember originally thinking KOGaming was King of Gaming, but since the O is capitalized it must mean Knock Out Gaming.

I don't know what title it could be if you officially changed it, but I imagine something that is more in tune with who you are as a person as well as your content...maybe something like "The Realist King" or "The Raw Gamer" (tho that one makes me lol a bit).. 

You could even start a fan suggested poll if you wanted to change it. 

Jist a thought, and thank you for the videos. I wish you luck Phil :)

Anthony77fx    5

Hey, Phil.

This is a question I've been meaning to ask for a while. Why is it that the hardcore gaming season is usually in the fall and winter? Why don't many developers and publishers release their games during the summer. For myself, it seems like a logical way of selling and promoting their titles, since most people are off from school and work and usually have a lot more available time. Over the years, you have stated that the summer is always a dead time for gaming, since hardly any new releases are coming out. I completely agree. I still don't understand why most new games aren't coming out during the summer, and instead are coming out during the fall.

Keep up the good work and stay strong.

Danielswe    6

Hi Phil.

I have heard you speak several times about Nintendo being idiots when it comes to YouTube and people playing their games.

Here's to my question. Since you are a very good speaker and you explain everything thoroughly and well. Can't you make a video about the whole Nintendo and YouTube situation and explain that it is in fact illegal to do what they're doing? Hopefully that video could go viral and perhaps Nintendo would realize how stupid they are when they steal from YouTubers who advertise their games for FREE. Maybe some huge YouTubers would even end up suing Nintendo if they're too stubborn to change.

Thank you.

Richie7    0

Phil

Would you ever consider doing a redemption run of the Bloodborne DLC? I think you have enough "souls" combat under your belt, including the faster paced Nioh combat, that you would be able to get through it a second time around. That DLC is highly regarded as some of the best content From has put out, and your fans would love to see you battle the final boss of the DLC. If all else fails you could always summon some Patreons...

Richie7

Tynal    0

Hey Phil, I already know I asked a question about shows on this forum, but I have a better question and I couldn't delete the shows question...

Here is the question that I really want to ask you:
What are your thoughts on kids playing online games? Do you have a problem with it OR you just don't care, but they shouldn't use voice chat and annoy the shit out of you? I have a brother who is 9 years old and he loves to play Call of Duty multiplayer.... but I really don't like it when he uses voice chat because he gets annoying a lot, thinking he is the best at this game and stuff.

Thanks for reading this question and I hope you put this in your next Ask the King

Jamar    2

Hey Phil I wanted to know your thoughts on the sex videos and nude images of Paige that were leaked recently. What do you think the WWE should or should've done about this? Thanks Phil. 

Aqavio    3

Big fan Phil, keep up the good work, content and positive attitude. My question is how long do you think you'll be doing YouTube, twitch, gaming etc and what are your plans after, when you're done with them?

mxtt10589    0

Hi Phil, I was wondering if both you and Leanna would ever consider both doing a Q and A segment together if you are both ever free at the same time? maybe a ask the king and queen now that you two are engaged. It would be interesting having a collaborative discussion between the two of you 

Hi Phil,

A quick gaming question: I just watched your schedule update video and you suggested some ideas for downtime during the summer. Will you consider playing Silent Hill Origins or Shattered Memories if you have time, as you did with Homecoming last year? They are the only two games that you have yet to play in the series and I have always enjoyed your immersive play style on all your other Silent Hill playthroughs.

Hello again Mr. Phil, once again I thank you for answering my question last episode. In said episode, I asked you about how to review games and "put them into scale" so to speak, and you obliged in answering said question. And my previous question also tackled about the bullshit of mainstream review sites about reviewing fuckin games, sorry for cursing! As a question for Ask the King this time around, why are reviewers, in your opinion, are not properly reviewing games and put it to scale? Anyways keep up the good work, put out reviews that are concise dude and don't let your work be destroyed by bullshit

mxtt10589    0

Hi this is probably going to be a stupid question but I was wondering if it would ever be possible to transfer over to a new youtube channel like the switch from the darksydephil channel into dspgaming?

I'm probably answering my own question since it's likely extremely not viable with being your name brand and being patenting and all and needing to re-establishing your subscriber base, just wondering what's your opinion on it.

Thanks if you answer my question

Edited by mxtt10589

Hey Phil,

Hope you're doing well! My question is simple but could require some hard thinking on your part. Name 5 games you would personally wish developers would either remaster (with updated visuals) or remake (with enhanced gameplay elements for modern audiences.) Very interested to hear your picks for this list. 

Thanks and best wishes,

Cameron (IndustrialGamer)