The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Ask the King Ep. 64 - April 20, 2017

Wassup Phil,

would you consider playing Dragon Quest XI when it releases in the west? Much like Persona 5, they streamlined a lot of stuff including the battle system to be a little more accessible and it's the first true HD mainline Dragon Quest game so it would be cool to see you try it out. 

Celtics    0

Hi Phil  I have been a fan  since you're very great heavy rain play through I was just wondering  whatever happened to your hate  live podcast  because I really enjoyed it and I loved your back in the day  segments and it was a great Thursday night activity. So why did you get rid of it?

thanks

DML897    17

Hey Phil. Loaded question(s) coming up but would be curious as to your insight as the average gamer who received a broken console (so sorry for that by the way.)  With all reports saying Nintendo has been doing incredibly well with the Switch thus far, what are your feelings on Nintendo as a company going forward? What do you think they should be focusing on in regards to games (focus on First party or third party support)? Do you think that Nintendo is cannibalizing the 3DS by marketing the Switch as a handheld/console hybrid? Is there room for the Amiibo toy line while still making great games like Breath of the Wild? Thanks and keep up the good work! 

Hey Phil,

Congratulations on the engagement. My question is, Do you ever feel pressured to play and beat a game? Does it take away from your overall experience of the game when your pressured to complete It?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

mxtt10589    0

Another question from me again

Just wondering how you liking the length of your videos? since you said before on your machinima video that it was them that suggested the shorter video format. How has  the shorter length of the videos around ten minutes per part been working out for you? how much of a difference would you think if you decided to make each of your videos in half hour or hour long chunks?

planetjeff    0

Hi Phil - congratulations on your engagement!

This is not so much a question, as more of a possible idea.  (I decided to post this because you tweeted you wanted more questions)

In your gaming schedule update video, you explained the situation with Danganronpa 3, and how you could only post the 1st chapter on youtube.  Since you're in a unique situation with the makers, with them a) personally thanking you for the exposure from your prior playthrough, and b) offering a free copy of Danganronpa 3, could you maybe talk with them and see if they'd be willing to let you do a graduated playthrough release, chapter-by-chapter, a-la Telltale Games?  If you knew when they might consider further playthrough releases of the story chapters, it could be something you (and everyone else!) could look forward to in your gaming schedule.  And, you might even be able to get permission to post further chapters before anyone else - providing them with additional game promotion, and you with increased attention to your channel as a premiere release of the game chapters!  Basically, a nice little quid-pro-quo.

Anyway, just an idea.  Thanks for the many years of entertainment!

planetjeff

TheWright    5

Hey Phil, as a youtuber and a twitch streamer how exactly do taxes work for you? Do you have to report two small businesses in terms of YouTube and twitch? Are there any tips you can give youtubers or streamers in terms of not being screwed over by taxes or any mistakes you have made in the past that could help out someone doing it for the first time?

Aqavio    3

I know I've asked a question already but I just had to ask this one as well. How much would it cost in total to permanently fix your back, including the surgery and physiotherapy etc?

Hi Phil hope all is well

Question 1: What do you think of this as a patreon goal: a live meet-up with your fans e.g. a night at the movies or mall locally in Washington? I know other twitch streamers have offered this in the past as a way to thank their fans for their support.

Just thinking that this may probably be a great way to have some real life social interaction with the people that have been supporting you over the years. I also wouldn't mind if you would sign a few t-shirts and hats of yours for me that I got from Tee Spring :)

Question 2: What do you think of the detractors that are stealing your videos? Snort Burnell, FredFuchs, DavidDavidson etc steal your videos daily and upload it. I also heard that Snort Burnell actually receives money from Youtube from stealing your content. It's not right and I just wanted to know your thoughts about this topic.

Thanks for the time Phil

-Ismael

Edited by LegendofMania

planetjeff    0
21 minutes ago, LegendofMania said:

Hi Phil hope all is well

Question 1: What do you think of this as a patreon goal: a live meet-up with your fans e.g. a night at the movies or mall locally in Washington? I know other twitch streamers have offered this in the past as a way to thank their fans for their support.

Just thinking that this may probably be a great way to have some real life social interaction with the people that have been supporting you over the years. I also wouldn't mind if you would sign a few t-shirts and hats of yours for me that I got from Tee Spring :)

Question 2: What do you think of the detractors that are stealing your videos? Snort Burnell, FredFuchs, DavidDavidson etc steal your videos daily and upload it. I also heard that Snort Burnell actually receives money from Youtube from stealing your content. It's not right and I just wanted to know your thoughts about this topic.

Thanks for the time Phil

-Ismael

Question 1 is interesting, and I'd love to personally meet Phil sometime.  Not that I think that's gonna happen.  And I understand why.  It'd be really great if there was a Patreon-only event or somesuch, but I have such doubts trusting the jackasses that invest such interest investing in harming Phil.

Question 2 is of course (not you LegendofMania, the topic) totally fucked up and whatnot.  I guess it's a "haters gonna hate" situation, but I agree with Phil, it's outright theft of content. (requisite statement of FUCK YOUTUBE)  Honestly, I don't even know if he has ever/can/will claim copyright infringement on his derivative material.  But, I do think he's decided to take the high road overall, and I do hope in the long term he can triumph over these measly stealing motherfuckers.  I can see a method to his madness, and I wish him well.

Honestly, how often can any of us pursue our passionate interests as a business?  Mad props to Phil, and anyone else who does so as well.

planetjeff

Hi Phil. As a long time fan of WWE like yourself Phil I grow more & more frustrated at the current dull, boring & predictable product that WWE are putting out on a weekly basis. I'm sure I'm not alone as a wrestling fan when I say I feel I could do a far better job then the idiots that work behind the scenes in the company. So my question is if you were in total control of everything in WWE what would you do with?... (1) Creative/Storylines. (2) Booking. (3) Talent as in who would you Push or De-push/Who would you get rid of & or bring up from NXT. (4) TV presentation such as Length of Raw/Announce teams/Keep product PG or change. (5) Would you just make your own decisions & stick to them or would you actually listen to the fans & take their opinions into account which the WWE currently clearly don't do. With all this in mind what would next years Wrestlemania look like with you in charge? I've been a fan since your PS4 & Xbox One launch day unboxing videos in 2013 & I look forward to watching your great content for many more years to come.

LastRambo341    192

Hello Phil

This question is in regards to your unfavourable comments towards EA Access.

Now, from your business standpoint, it would make sense to subscribe to it because you would play a game earlier, have game discounts, free DLC etc. 

Would you agree that the service would work in your favour especially when you have competition on Youtube? 

Gohan32    0

Dear phil I've been a fan of yours these last three years and i would like to know is whats your favorite RPG or JRPG of all time. Thanks and keep up the great work.

jwalker    12

Do you feel your move to Seattle was the right move business wise? Before you moved you claimed it would not only save on your taxes but also give you more opportunities for filming and a better office. Do you think these improvements have been met yet and was it worth the debt and paying two mortgages?

Also do you feel you would have more success if you moved to one of the other three options? For example if you moved to Texas you would have employment opportunities with RoosterTeeth, Screwattack, and Fullscreen.