Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Phil

Ask the King Ep. 64 - April 2017 (Date TBD)

10 posts in this topic

Please post up your questions for the next episode of Ask the King to be filmed in April 2017! (date TBD depending on schedule of new releases, which is still pretty fluid right now).

What do you think your life would be like if YouTube never existed?

Hey DSP,

This is probably more a suggestion than a question, but anyway I'd like your opinion about it:

Would you let your channel take another dimension and play bad games (poorly designed) just for the hell of it and purposely make funny contents out of it ? It could brings you a lot since you would let out more emotions and I think that's what people want to see from you.

Thanks.

(Sorry for my bad english it isn't my mother language.)

Edited by Kaaris

In regards to a new computer, I suppose you wouldn't know anyone at places like cyberpower/ibuypower who build/sell PCs, but did you consider reaching out for sponsorship?

Like having a banner on videos or a small preroll ad for X numbers of months on all week in previews or something, Such as "This review was edited on such and such PC from X maker" or "the PC streaming you this content was provided by X"

Your best chance at this may be with AMD's upcoming Ryzen chips, which should offer competitive performance at a price far below what the equivalent 8 core 16 thread intel chip costs. being $1,049.99 at this time, since AMD will be looking to advertise and show off their hardware as much as possible. 

Just trying to get sponsored with parts that you assemble yourself might be the easiest route.

You could then turn your old PC into your new capture PC or something, but here's a streaming test of the new Ryzen chip for dota 2

videos' only about a minute long 00:30

if nothing else it should be the most cost effective solution for you to buy in the coming months should things improve.

--

And you can get a wireless adapter for the Xbone One controller to use on windows, can't think of a modern PC game that doesn't also have controller support

Edited by Streetguru

Hey Phil,

What is your current favorite TV shows and is there any shows you would recommend someone to watch?

At the end of the year, would you ever make a "KOGaming Community Creations Tournament" for a "funniest moments of the year" montage? It could go like this:

Make it so the montages have to be 5 minutes long at most, upload all the submissions in one video and put up a poll in said video's description;

Make a second video showcasing the winner and your overall thoughts of how the Community Creations worked for you this year.

Edited by onorub

Hi Phil, has there been a game playthrough that has ever made a lasting impression on you to this day? I know you've played a ton of games over the years and I'd like to know if there has been that "one game" that really stood out with you.

Well the topic was closed so I'll just ask you here. 

Hi Phil, in regards to the groups that you dislike do you genuinely believe that both the SoK and all the detractors in general are people who are sociopathic and want to harm you in real life? Or just the SoK? I can believe someone out there does.. But the entire group of people?

I wanted to know if you genuinely believe this or if its just something you said in the heat of the moment.. Much like when you rage in your gameplay videos. Because for me.. It is sometimes difficult to tell when you genuinely mean what you say or not..

To clarify I am not arguing about whether or not they are sociopathic or out to get you.. Only asking if you truly and genuinely believe that they are.

Thats all. And as always good luck my dude.

On 2/3/2017 at 0:09 AM, Streetguru said:

Don't think I can edit it any further.

But Ryzen was finally announced today, $399 for an 8c/16t chip in the 1700X, the per thread/core performance isn't actually much faster than what you currently have, mostly you get 2 additional cores

Where as the intel chip is around $1000 for the same total performance.

So ya, good luck on the sponsorship should you choose to try and go that route somehow.

7:30 for the important bit about streaming performance under Dota 2 anyways
https://youtu.be/3rUndzpdo1I?t=450

That's what a basic upgrade would look like, better to have more RAM than less for what you do.

http://i.imgur.com/w2dZ4Lm.png

Edited by Streetguru

Hey Phil, long time fan (since your original Fallout 3 playthrough), is there a story behind that gold chain you wear?