The King of Hate Forums

So what's the difference between TIHYDP and KOCC?

Just saw the new KOCC video posted on KO Gaming and its almost identical to what the TIHYDP videos are other than the copyrighted Nintendo music. Now they're great now? I got shit from die hard fans of Phil for years because I would occasionally watch TIHYDP videos, now finally several years later Phil finally adopted a way to have this section his channel and I can't tell the difference between the two. Why am I detractor if I click on one video, and a fan of Phil when I click on the other?

I mean, shouout to skysands2008 for making it but this video showcases all the negative parts of Phil's playthrough (which he s staunchly was against, and said it wasn't a true representation of his skill at gaming)

Negative comments are still there, just not all in the video and Phil will delete them all within 12 hours.

The only diffetence is I'd say was quality is a bit lower than TIHYDP videos ( its expected, TIHYDPs been around for years and this is the 1st KOCC video) and Phil has the ability to monetize other people's work while "controlling the comment section".... other than that, what's the line that separates the two?

I guess the real short question I'm asking here is if it really just boils down to if your making a profit from these types of videos that decided either they're good or bad for your business.

Someone please tell me.

Edited by Quaseemoto
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you miss the point. Showing him dying in games isn't what a TIHYDP is. It's showing him fail at games and then proceeding to shit on him, "worst gamer" ever, "this guy is the cancer of gaming"

Actually, no, that's not what happened at all. Fans came to ME on this, I thought it was a good idea, and I realized that if I made it into something official I'd probably get far more people interest

I never implyed that. Wtf is wrong with you.

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, skysands2008 said:

Death Montages or Best Moments/Fun montages aren't TIHYDP IMO

How so? That's all the TIHYDP's are. Just highlight reels of the best (or worse) moments in DSP playthroughs.

Granted on one side its geared to berate Phils playing ability, while what you've done was put some uppity music and took out the comments and made a "TIHYDP Lite". But it's still all the same footage, neither way you spin it paints a positive picture of Phil's gaming ability. But one is illegal and malacious non-monetized content, while yours is great and helping the business in Phil's eyes. I just don't see the difference between the two, and if all it took was Phil to make some ad-revenue to accept these videos, I feel like he spent a lot of wasted time and effort hating and essentially creating this group of people that regularly make these videos when all he needed to do was make this program when that MGS3 video blew up. 

Edited by Quaseemoto

I think you miss the point. Showing him dying in games isn't what a TIHYDP is. It's showing him fail at games and then proceeding to shit on him, "worst gamer" ever, "this guy is the cancer of gaming" behavior that you see attached to them all.

• Upvote 4
11 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

I think you miss the point. Showing him dying in games isn't what a TIHYDP is. It's showing him fail at games and then proceeding to shit on him, "worst gamer" ever, "this guy is the cancer of gaming" behavior that you see attached to them all.

I get what your saying but the main problem DSP had about TIHYDP was it showed him only being bad a games, skysands did exactly what the TIHYDP creators did, just put it in a different light. Watching either video I still come off with the same conclusion. Also after going on Twitter and seeing Phil announce hes open to receive TIHYDP videos, pretty much answered my question. It was just about the money he wasn't making.... But if it was just about not getting the views and the money, why not do this 3 or 4 years ago when TIHYDP's were popular?

I want to throw this out there too, if I decided to make a TIHYDP video, is exposure the only way of "payment"? Would Phil be open to a deal where he just pays me half of the initial first week views my video gets and he can receive whatever residual legacy views my video gets on his channel?

Edited by Quaseemoto
22 minutes ago, Quaseemoto said:

I get what your saying but the main problem DSP had about TIHYDP was it showed him only being bad a games, skysands did exactly what the TIHYDP creators did, just put it in a different light. Watching either video I still come off with the same conclusion. Also after going on Twitter and seeing Phil announce hes open to receive TIHYDP videos, pretty much answered my question. It was just about the money he wasn't making.... But if it was just about not getting the views and the money, why not do this 3 or 4 years ago when TIHYDP's were popular?

I want to throw this out there too, if I decided to make a TIHYDP video, is exposure the only way of "payment"? Would Phil be open to a deal where he just pays me half of the initial first week views my video gets and he can receive whatever residual legacy views my video gets on his channel?

I think KGHALEON and LastRambo answered you well. 

• Upvote 1
52 minutes ago, Quaseemoto said:

Would Phil be open to a deal where he just pays me half of the initial first week views my video gets and he can receive whatever residual legacy views my video gets on his channel?

Simply, no.

The fans themselves requested to make the montages, not Phil going around and asking people. The videos give the exposure to both creators.

2 hours ago, Quaseemoto said:

I can't tell the difference between the two.

I would say the difference is TIHYDP/Lets endure contain nasty personal remarks against dsp, were as skysands2008 montage didn't.

I guess the real short question I'm asking here is if it really just boils down to if your making a profit from these types of videos that decided either they're good or bad for your business.

In my opinion dsp should have done this years ago, it would have lessened the impact of TIHYDP and he would have made good revenue.

But one is illegal and malacious non-monetized content, while yours is great and helping the business in Phil's eyes.

Dsp paid for the vast majority of the games, so in my opinion the use of this footage in the montage is fair game, Where as TIHYDP hide behind fair use.

when all he needed to do was make this program when that MGS3 video blew up. 

Fair point.

2 hours ago, TheTruthCommission said:

The difference is clear.

Skysands created a video made for KOCC

TIHYDP are created videos made BY a KOCC

You realize you just insulted @skysands2008 by saying he made a video for Phil's KOCC. 

Either way, there is no difference, and I'll be making a video if Phil can agree to my payment terms. I also wanted to mention I feel another copyright strike is incoming.

Edited by Quaseemoto
1 hour ago, Quaseemoto said:

You realize you just insulted @skysands2008 by saying he made a video for Phil's KOCC. 

Either way, there is no difference, and I'll be making a video if Phil can agree to my payment terms. I also wanted to mention I feel another copyright strike is incoming.

Well If I offended him his reply was odd for one so offendedas you claim.  You think you're going to get money off Phil for making videos?  You're as naive as that shitty quality Twitch emotes for sale guy, he was a space cadet.  You're not him are you?  You have to admit there are similarities.

Just tell me you're not going to go full Nation and reply to every comment I make

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, TheTruthCommission said:

You think you're going to get money off Phil for making videos?  You're as naive as that shitty quality Twitch emotes for sale guy, he was a space cadet. 

I'm naive because I wish to be paid for the hours of time... and effort... I put in a video... that will be receiving ad revenue on Phil's channel.....? I'm not the space cadet here sir. Just not willing to provide quality work for some exposure that Phil doesn't necessarily give much of if you think about it. I would like a PayPal payment instead.

Edited by Quaseemoto
  • Upvote 1

The difference is obvious: in one video DSP directly benefits, in the other he doesn't. If all TIHYDPs were monetized and the money went straight to DSP I think he'd have a pretty different opinion on them. He's finally making money off of other people making montages of his content. TIHYDPs use his footage without his permission and without directly benifitting him.

It's a big step forward imo but it probably should have happened much sooner. I can understand him being late to adopt it considering his past issues with copyright strikes. Just curious but does he have any safeguards to prevent that happening again? I'm pretty sure a detractor is already planning ways to submit a montage video only to have it flagged at some point I'm the future.

EDIT:

Capture+_2017-02-06-14-52-23-1.png

Oh boy, this seems pretty reckless. Surely Phil won't fall for this.

Edited by Pochomex
  • Upvote 1

I've already explained this in other threads:

It's the difference between laughing WITH me, and laughing AT me.

Skysand's video highlighted my deaths, sure, but you did notice he also highlighted some great moments (finally beating those tough bosses, beating Smough and Ornstein on the first try, etc.). There's no malicious intent in the video, and if you watch it, you'll probably be INTERESTED to watch me stream/play other games. So in the long run, a video like that benefits my business, I laugh at myself a bit, and we all have a good time and benefit from it.

Watching SOME TIHYDP vids (not all, but sadly it's the nastiest ones that get the most attention overall), they're NOT about laughing WITH me at all. They degrade me, they're meant to be purposely insulting; they certainly do NOT show the good moments EVER, only the bad. The comments they show are insanely slanderous, erroneous and make people think I'm a horrible person. They're laughing AT me, at my expense, and sadly the vast majority of people who watch those videos would NEVER watch my live streams or raw gameplay on DSPGaming (and they say as much in the comments; they purposely don't watch anything of mine until a TIHYDP is made, so that I can't make any money on their viewing of my stuff). And so, in general, THOSE kind of TIHYDP videos CONCRETELY HURT my business. 

This literally has nothing to do with earning money on the videos, as most TIHYDP videos aren't monetized by the uploaders. But they benefit in other huge ways: tons of views/attention for themselves, getting "elite status" in negative-centric communities like the SOK and the like. All at the expense of another potential new viewer, who now thinks I'm a scumbag and will NEVER watch my content from my own channels, hurting my livelihood. 

With this new program, everyone benefits: the uploader still gets the public recognition they deserve (in fact, MORESO than they probably would have on their own channel as KOGaming already has over 20k installed subs) and even gets to tell me specifically what they want plugged. I make a few bucks off of each video, but more importantly, it keeps content new and fresh for KOGaming (in particular, this will be VERY important when I'm swamped with new releases and can't constantly pump out videos for the channel, such as what happened in 2016). 

OH YEAH, and the biggest positive: it'll actually attract people to my channels rather than deter them. Nobody watching these new montages on KOGaming are going to think I'm a human scumbag because the creator is a self-serving, selfish, conscience-ignoring dingleberry who only got any kind of notoriety because they used my stolen content to begin with, and I don't have enough time/money to file a lawsuit to take down each and every individual TIHYDP video uploaded to YouTube.

That's the definitive answer.

EDIT: Since the program launched last night, I've already gotten three offers for new videos on 3 different game playthroughs I've done. And they keep coming in. So obviously this program was a good idea.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Quaseemoto said:

• Upvote 2

Phil on the off chance you do accept TIHYDP videos from those people like your tweet said will it be possible to implement a failsafe like with the fan art disclaimer because as the guy who copyright striked you and the recent Twitch guy Marle showed there will always be bad apples trying to one up you?  I say bad apples but the tree is rotten to the core but pre-emptively protecting yourself would be a good idea

10 minutes ago, skysands2008 said:

I wouldn't worry if he's daft enough to think saying you made a video for Phils channel is insulting when you did make a channel for Phils channel we should let him.

Edited by TheTruthCommission
1 hour ago, Phil said:

I've already explained this in other threads:

It's the difference between laughing WITH me, and laughing AT me.

Skysand's video highlighted my deaths, sure, but you did notice he also highlighted some great moments (finally beating those tough bosses, beating Smough and Ornstein on the first try, etc.). There's no malicious intent in the video, and if you watch it, you'll probably be INTERESTED to watch me stream/play other games. So in the long run, a video like that benefits my business, I laugh at myself a bit, and we all have a good time and benefit from it.

Watching SOME TIHYDP vids (not all, but sadly it's the nastiest ones that get the most attention overall), they're NOT about laughing WITH me at all. They degrade me, they're meant to be purposely insulting; they certainly do NOT show the good moments EVER, only the bad. The comments they show are insanely slanderous, erroneous and make people think I'm a horrible person. They're laughing AT me, at my expense, and sadly the vast majority of people who watch those videos would NEVER watch my live streams or raw gameplay on DSPGaming (and they say as much in the comments; they purposely don't watch anything of mine until a TIHYDP is made, so that I can't make any money on their viewing of my stuff). And so, in general, THOSE kind of TIHYDP videos CONCRETELY HURT my business. 

This literally has nothing to do with earning money on the videos, as most TIHYDP videos aren't monetized by the uploaders. But they benefit in other huge ways: tons of views/attention for themselves, getting "elite status" in negative-centric communities like the SOK and the like. All at the expense of another potential new viewer, who now thinks I'm a scumbag and will NEVER watch my content from my own channels, hurting my livelihood. 

With this new program, everyone benefits: the uploader still gets the public recognition they deserve (in fact, MORESO than they probably would have on their own channel as KOGaming already has over 20k installed subs) and even gets to tell me specifically what they want plugged. I make a few bucks off of each video, but more importantly, it keeps content new and fresh for KOGaming (in particular, this will be VERY important when I'm swamped with new releases and can't constantly pump out videos for the channel, such as what happened in 2016). 

OH YEAH, and the biggest positive: it'll actually attract people to my channels rather than deter them. Nobody watching these new montages on KOGaming are going to think I'm a human scumbag because the creator is a self-serving, selfish, conscience-ignoring dingleberry who only got any kind of notoriety because they used my stolen content to begin with, and I don't have enough time/money to file a lawsuit to take down each and every individual TIHYDP video uploaded to YouTube.

That's the definitive answer.

EDIT: Since the program launched last night, I've already gotten three offers for new videos on 3 different game playthroughs I've done. And they keep coming in. So obviously this program was a good idea.

Suggestion: Title the series "KO Community Submissions" instead of "KOGaming Community Submissions" Sounds catchier :3

5 hours ago, Quaseemoto said:

I'm naive because I wish to be paid for the hours of time... and effort... I put in a video... that will be receiving ad revenue on Phil's channel.....? I'm not the space cadet here sir. Just not willing to provide quality work for some exposure that Phil doesn't necessarily give much of if you think about it. I would like a PayPal payment instead.

worm-bait.jpg

• Upvote 2

All I want to know is if you can provide a better payment option than just exposure Phil. I frankly don't need any exposure on YouTube because I have enough on the channel I own and I don't want to necessarily become supee big on YouTube. But I still want to be paid for my efforts to help your channel.

Edited by Quaseemoto
  • Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Quaseemoto said:

Then find someone else to work with. Phil did not contact anyone for help, people came to Phil for the collaboration so how can you expect him to pay?

20 minutes ago, Quaseemoto said:

All I want to know is if you can provide a better payment option than just exposure Phil. I frankly don't need any exposure on YouTube because I have enough on the channel I own and I don't want to necessarily become supee big on YouTube. But I still want to be paid for my efforts to help your channel.

Yopu should link to your current channel then.  Least that way Phil would have an idea if your content is worth anything.

23 minutes ago, LastRambo341 said:

Then find someone else to work with. Phil did not contact anyone for help, people came to Phil for the collaboration so how can you expect him to pay?

Yeah he did. He contacted his fans. I'm a fan, and I can help. I just want something else other than just exposure. We can haggle at anything I'm just throwing out ideas. Jesus you would think I insulted the pope. Do you guys just shake your head yes to everything Phil says and shake your head no at everything else? Come on there's got to be some men and women in this forum, not all just kids who will soak up anything.

10 minutes ago, TheTruthCommission said:

Yopu should link to your current channel then.  Least that way Phil would have an idea if your content is worth anything.

Sure. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=I'm+not+an+idiot

• Upvote 1