Quaseemoto

Thoughts on the KOCC videos

171 posts in this topic

Just completed watching the new Dark Souls Death Reactions video, and they're getting better!

But I also have to say, especially this new video, it conveniently (or tries hard to) leaves and edits out the proceeding one to two minutes of complaints/excuses Phil has after every death. 

It truly is the anti-tihydp video series. I personally know what happens after the initial "Wooooow!" Or "Chaaaaamaaann!" this video seems to highlight really well. So the question has to be asked. This video that highlights the initial reaction and the tihydp that captures most of the full negative reaction...

...Which series is being spun more into a negative/positive view of what the real DSP reaction is?

I like the TIHYDP'S that have been around, and I thought this one is just below the par of those. It's a compliment. But I stand by what I said that these are coming several years to late to make a difference on DSP' s image. Plus the hundreds of dislikes and the 200 comments but only 10 are visible don't help much either.

Edited by Quaseemoto

1 hour ago, Quaseemoto said:

But I stand by what I said that these are coming several years to late to make a difference on DSP' s image.

A pointless statement. To continue to do nothing rather than actually try something, regardless of the timing, is fruitless. At least something is being attempted here, as I wasn't a clairvoyant or time traveler who could have foreseen what would happen with TIHYDP and its effect on my business/popularity overall back then, when it started in 2013. In fact, nobody did; most people who were actual fans of mine were insulted, appalled and pissed that TIHYDP even existed. Being that I was powerless to stop it due to YouTube's complete lack of respect for copyright law enforcement, the only other real, logical alternatives that I had were to 1. denounce them or 2. ignore them. I started with 1, moved on to 2, and neither helped.

1 hour ago, Quaseemoto said:

Plus the hundreds of dislikes and the 200 comments but only 10 are visible don't help much either.

Another pointless statement. The hundreds of dislikes are from morons who are PISSED that videos are getting attention that aren't hyper-negative. Despite these videos clearly NOT being titled "This Is How You Don't Play," because they aren't those videos, the same dumbfucks who watch them are spamming dislikes on THESE videos and leaving vast majority of comments such as:

"This isn't a proper TIHYDP"
"I'll stick to TIHYDP"
"Phil has STOLEN the idea of TIHYDP"

...and the like, among tons of insults, swears and things that you'd normally hear on the schoolyard. The comments are utterly fucking pointless, from an utterly stupid, uneducated group of morons who don't understand that THESE ARE NOT TIHYDP VIDEOS!

Why on earth would those insanely stupid comments be left there? When someone writes incredibly puerile, perverse, stupid nonsense on the walls of a business or a public restroom, you clean the walls, no? You don't leave the shitstains smeared all over the place. 

EDIT: Important to note, I've already said publicly and repeatedly that the next fan-submitted montage WILL be a proper TIHYDP, with insults and the like. More akin to a seriously negative roast of a comedian/celeb etc. than just fun stuff in a video. And I approved it!

I've thus far enjoyed the montages, but I have a few issues this new series, firstly the montages must include burps and snorts, this is part of the dsp gimmick that we have all come to admire, secondly the title of the series is a bit formal, who in their right mind is going to type KOCC in the search box and the haters have started making fun of the name, if you are going down that road just call it COCK (Community videos Of Chopped up Khantent) and be done with, I have made a suggestion of a different title (dsp triggered) in another thread and given reasons why.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Another pointless statement. The hundreds of dislikes are from morons who are PISSED that videos are getting attention that aren't hyper-negative. 

Doesn't really make sense. All the TIHYDP videos, especially of the Dark Souls series, are in the millions of views. Plus they're not monetized so why would they get pissed that video of yours in the likeness of the tihydp series got 6,000 views in *checks channel* a week being up? Doesnt seem too logical

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Why on earth would those insanely stupid comments be left there? When someone writes incredibly puerile, perverse, stupid nonsense on the walls of a business or a public restroom, you clean the walls, no? You don't leave the shitstains smeared on the wall.

Yeah but you go the distance to make sure nothing critical is visible in the section, I got the video in my notifications and was the first 500 to watch, there was a few comment saying "this is tihydp" or "this sucks", relatively light to the kinds of comments I see flashing in the usually TIHYDP videos. Like right now I count 1, 2, 3....22, 23 comments including the replies with the 4 or 5 being your own. It's says up top that 69 are suppose to be present. Meaning you deleted 45 to 50 comments Phil. That's a lot. 

1 hour ago, Phil said:

EDIT: Important to note, I've already said publicly and repeatedly that the next fan-submitted montage WILL be a proper TIHYDP, with insults and the like. More akin to a seriously negative roast of a comedian/celeb etc. than just fun stuff in a video. And I approved it!

And this is why I'm impatiently waiting to see what a DSP APPROVED TIHYDP video, insulting comments and all, is going to look like with your sensitivity to anything negative being said about you.

I'm really on the edge of my seat here.

Also I hope you trust whoever is giving you this video and you never piss them off. I even went to Alex  Devines channel (person that made the RE7 montage) and saw this:

1001.png

Nothing against him, I watch some of the TIHYDP content from a few of these guys, but never thought you'd feature a channel with a subscription box like this. But I'm sure you know what you're doing, like you always do..

Edited by Quaseemoto

6 minutes ago, Quaseemoto said:

Yeah but you go the distance to make sure nothing critical is visible in the section, I got the video in my notifications and was the first 500 to watch, there was a few comment saying "this is tihydp" or "this sucks, I mean relatively light to the kinds of comments I see flashing in the usually TIHYDP videos. Like right now I count 1, 2, 3....22 23 comments including the reply with the 4 or 5 being your own. It's says up top that 69 are suppose to be present. Meaning you deleted 45 to 50 comments Phil. That's a lot. 

To be fair I have seen many disgusting personal comments aimed at dsp and can understand why he deletes them, as for not seeing them in the comments section when you watched the video, it's likely because you were one of the first to see it and the idiots had not at this point.

Another poster made a good point about dsp calling out these commenters in a new series, If I was him I would mention the worst of the worst comments and take the piss out of them, he could make some good money of that.

18 minutes ago, Quaseemoto said:

And I was like, I'm. Nothing against him, I watch some of the TIHYDP content from a few of these guys, but never thought you'd feature a channel with a subscription box like this. But I'm sure you know what you're doing, like you always do..

You were...like what?

What does "piss off" mean? Is that an American slang?

11 minutes ago, LastRambo341 said:

You were...like what?

What does "piss off" mean? Is that an American slang?

My bad; edited. And piss off is a more European thing meaning "fuck off" or go away for those who are sensitive to curse words.

In America it most of the time means making someone angry.

Edited by Quaseemoto

I mildly enjoyed the Resident Evil 7 montage. But disliked the first KOCC vid of Dark Souls. No need for me to comment why, as I have seen my criticisms explained here and on the vids comments.

I personally think DSP should embrace the acronym KOCC as it sounds. Maybe I am just immature with humor but I think it would be hilarious and a label of comedy for the channel.

"Oh cool KOGaming has a new cock video!" would be my response.. And sorta has been recently with the uploads. I mean it sticks.. Its easy to remmember and its DSP.. Who makes dick jokes aplenty. But that's just me.. Take it with a grain if salt. 

I'm still pretty new to DSP only been watching since November.. But i find this whole history of his, the detractors, the fans, the stories.. All so fascinating to me.

To digress:

DSP's personality is what started it all IMO.. The polarizing reactions and comments.. Its incredible all the things that happened amd grew over a let's player commenting over a game. I mean not even bigger youtubers have such an interesting road of history.

Whatever the case. Keep up the good work Phil. I like when your KOCC shows up in my inbox :p (teehee)

Also I just wanted to throw this out there. You know Phil you're trying to attract viewers and creators that you've insulted multiple times over the years and even went as far as to say they've attributed to your "attempted murder" (being swatted) a while ago, right? It was a while ago, but it's the internet, and all that content is still actively available to anyone who dares to seek it. 

I don't see much success in an audience that not only already has an established place to view TIYDP style videos, but youve publically insulted multiple times and now wish to have their view/content on your channel.

Edited by Quaseemoto

5 hours ago, WOOF! said:

I've thus far enjoyed the montages, but I have a few issues this new series, firstly the montages must include burps and snorts, this is part of the dsp gimmick that we have all come to admire, secondly the title of the series is a bit formal, who in their right mind is going to type KOCC in the search box and the haters have started making fun of the name, if you are going down that road just call it COCK (Community videos Of Chopped up Khantent) and be done with, I have made a suggestion of a different title (dsp triggered) in another thread and given reasons why.

i agree with the burps and snorts part, it will add some kind of flavor to those montages.

as for the name KOCC, i think its pretty good and easy on the tongue.

4 hours ago, WOOF! said:

Another poster made a good point about dsp calling out these commenters in a new series, If I was him I would mention the worst of the worst comments and take the piss out of them, he could make some good money of that.

yeah i like this idea. it can really make those commenters look like you know what

Let's just forget about TIHYDP and all the antics around phil for a second. The KOCC is primarily a way for phil to get more content out of himself that is edited. And to make KO gaming better, with more content created for it than he can master himself.
It is a way for talented people in the community to be a part of, and to have a chance to contribute to something positive.   
I think the only real issue is that it is a little late. That is should have been done at a earlier point in time. But it is not too late. 
Hell give me one good reason why people shouldn't be able to make fan videos, and get them promoted by phil. this is no different than fan art in my opinion. 
It's not like any concept have been stolen here. It's a totally voluntary thing people choose to  do. With very clear premises. 

I think it is only right to judge this creations on if they are good or not. In what they are trying to do. Not on some unwritten standards made about TIHYDP. It is not trying to be the same. 

I like them.

I think a lot of guys are concerning themselves with whether or not this is too late for Phil, but I'm just enjoying the content I like, and not watching what I don't like. 

I'm a viewer.

I personally never watch Phil's streams or playthroughs, but I like his vlogs and his raging/fails. So, I'm happy to see these.

As for TIHYDP, whilst I enjoy their format, they can be a bit too... geeky, for want of a better word.

Seeing comments about Pandalee, or nerdy references to nonsense memes just clutters up what I want to see - Phil raging. I don't need a bunch of comments to tell me how to feel, haha.

53 minutes ago, MyFunnyValentine said:

As for TIHYDP, whilst I enjoy their format, they can be a bit too... geeky, for want of a better word.

Seeing comments about Pandalee, or nerdy references to nonsense memes just clutters up what I want to see - Phil raging. I don't need a bunch of comments to tell me how to feel, haha.

You shoud watch the "mission failed" videos from this guy: https://www.youtube.com/user/DSPHighlights

They seem to be pretty much exactly what you're looking for.

Edited by onorub

Sigh... I really should know better but it's Sunday, I'm stimulated and I don't particularly tolerate being lied about.

11 hours ago, Phil said:

At least something is being attempted here, as I wasn't a clairvoyant or time traveler who could have foreseen what would happen with TIHYDP and its effect on my business/popularity overall back then, when it started in 2013. In fact, nobody did; most people who were actual fans of mine were insulted, appalled and pissed that TIHYDP even existed.

This is what we like to call a lie. Generally, people say them to hide things that they've done, or to skew facts so that it favours the argument they're trying to make. I get the feeling that Phil doesn't actually remember the opinion of his fans at that time and just made this sentence up to strengthen his argument. Therefore, this falls into the latter category.

Between 2011 and 2014, Phil, John Rambo, DSPGaming, these forums, were my life outside of my life. It still is in some ways, but to a much lesser degree and for much different reasons. This is just to make the point that I remember this quite clearly.

In February 2013 TIHYDP MGS2 was posted by EvilAJ, and it instantly grew in popularity. It got shared everywhere as a great video and it eventually wound up here, on the forums. This was pre-2014, before the forums descended into the misuse, splintering and all-around bizarre factioning of the community. People on the site, in general, were fans of the content that DSP produced, as well as his friends at the time John Rambo, Howard, etc. This was the time when some of the best stuff was still popular, with the co-op playthroughs, convention vlogs and Kinect gameplay being my personal highlights.

There was an entire thread dedicated to discussion of it. The consensus was: "This is great, this is really funny, Phil should see about getting the guy to let him upload it to DSPGaming." myself included. No one was pissed. No one was appalled. No one was insulted.

Feel free to deny this all you want but this is what happened, I was one of those 'fans', and, unlike you, I have no reason to lie.

So let me correct that sentence for you:

In fact; most people who were actual fans of mine really enjoyed the video, but I was insulted, appalled, and pissed that TIHYDP even existed.

And the funny thing is that you just shut down all discussion of it. You were so appalled that TIHYDP was a thing that you stuck your fingers in your ears, singing "La la la", using moderation to silence anyone trying to talk about it and tried to pretend like it didn't exist.

After that first time, you never even gave yourself a chance to learn what your fans thought of those videos. After that first time, in your opinion those videos were a personal attack, they were out to hurt you, and anyone who spoke positively about them wanted to hurt you.

There's this thing recently, that seems to keep eluding you. You keep seeming to learn your lesson and then make exactly the same mistake over again.

The people who watch your content are not responsible for the decisions that you make nor are they responsible for the successes and/or failures of your business. You are.

So, rather than try to throw your fans under the bus for your past actions, stand up and take full responsibility for the fact that you let your insecurities get the better of you. That your insecurities and the way you reacted are the sole reason why This Is How You Don't Play is so synonymous with the name DarksydePhil.

Edited by Hazz3r

1 hour ago, Hazz3r said:

The people who watch your content are not responsible for the decisions that you make nor are they responsible for the successes and/or failures of your business. You are.

No they aren't responsible for his decisions, but haters who watch his content have partially contributed to his viewership decline.

3 hours ago, Hazz3r said:

So, rather than try to throw your fans under the bus for your past actions, stand up and take full responsibility for the fact that you let your insecurities get the better of you. That your insecurities and the way you reacted are the sole reason why This Is How You Don't Play is so synonymous with the name DarksydePhil.

A rather well written piece there Hazzer. To bad it is in a thread about  the thoughts on KOCC. To me it looks more like your view on TIHYDP.. 
And what is this bullshit? 
Where there at any point TIHYDP not featuring phil? It is the fact that every movie ever made as a TIHYDP was with him, that made it synonymous with him. 
To bad you had to finish with something like this. Because that is self evidently bullshit. 

Isn't it a bit unfair to say that eveyone just loved TIHYDP back in the day? I don't even know how to verify that claim. But if phil said he didn't like it, I suppose he wasn't  alone in thinking some of it went to far, and was unfunny. There are a lot of terrible TIHYDP so just to say something like that. Don't make any sense. 
And you either have to take the position that it's his "insecurities and the way he reacted that is the sole reason" OR that they had some merit in an of them self. 

28 minutes ago, Quaseemoto said:

Because they documented all the antics and made a video about it. That's their fault for Phil's decline though. Not logical sir. There is a dedicated mass of people out there that still enjoy his content but because of the person he is or how many times they've been insulted by him will not give him not one view or dime for his own content. It's actually quite impressive to piss off so many people that you create a fan base that makes and edits the content Phil refuses to make, and draws an audience that is much larger than his own to those channels.

Anyways I hope these KOCC Creators pick up the quality, because right now they're are better versions of all the the montages that exist in KOGaming. I just stumbled apron a TIHYDP video of Phil's redemption run that accurately counts how many times Phil reads the chat and receives help from the "peepul". Pretty hilarious and really isn't that insulting. Maybe Phil should try and contact those people who have a good history of making good TIHYDP videos instead of these random people no one has ever heard of.

I just think you are super offensive and don't have anything to do here. When I read your trash I just think they have totally abandoned even trying to moderate this forum. 

25 minutes ago, BrightSideViking said:

Where there at any point TIHYDP not featuring phil? It is the fact that every movie ever made as a TIHYDP was with him, that made it synonymous with him. 
To bad you had to finish with something like this. Because that is self evidently bullshit.

tmp_22359-Screenshot_2017-02-12-17-13-34-1-1473767228.png

Oh look, TIHYDPs not featuring Phil. How about that? Fairly recent too.

tmp_24726-Screenshot_2017-02-12-17-18-47-1473767228.png

Would you look at that? Even more TIHYDPs not featuring Phil. Who would've thought?

Edited by dannyrand

14 hours ago, Quaseemoto said:

Doesn't really make sense. All the TIHYDP videos, especially of the Dark Souls series, are in the millions of views. Plus they're not monetized so why would they get pissed that video of yours in the likeness of the tihydp series got 6,000 views in *checks channel* a week being up? Doesnt seem too logical

Most of the stuff you post up here is factually wrong. Not EVERY TIHYDP video is in the millions of views; in fact VERY few are. The first few, the handful that kind of got all the attention. After about a year, the fad died out as a "mainstream thing" and people moved on. It's only a certain group of a few thousand people who refuse to move on from it. It's very hard to find a TIHYDP video in the last 2 years that even got 10k views (compared to the insane amount of them that get uploaded and nobody cares). 

The people downvote-spamming the montages on KOGaming and flooding it them with assinine comments are those who are angry I'm taking content I didn't personally produce and uploading it to my channel, because they feel that "TIHYDP has done it better" for years. In reality, every single TIHYDP is my legal property, but because of YouTube's incredibly broken copyright system, I'd have to file a lawsuit FOR EVERY SINGLE VIDEO that i wanted to claim. Therefore, it's not legally viable. HOWEVER, now that the TIHYDP trend is dying, but people still want to make creative videos like these, I can easily feature them and give them THOUSANDS of views they normally wouldn't have gotten, lost in the huge jumble of people still trying to make these 4+ years after they were actually popular and getting nowhere.

In summary: I've bided my time, and am now properly utilizing my own still-existing popularity (Albeit FAR less than I used to have) to showcase videos that normally would go ignored, and I'm profiting from them because they were made from my content to begin with. TIHYDP "fans" HATE that fact because they, all along, have NOT been "laughing with me" but "laughing at me" and trying to get popular, on their own, through HURTING myself and my business. Seeing these videos actually HELP me is like their bane, because they're miserable, low-life scum suckers who get their jollies out of hurting people they've never met, and whom have never done a negative thing to them. They're the lowest form of life, and since they can, they'll downvote these montages THAT AREN'T EVEN TIHYDP VIDEOS because they think it's a "dig" at me and anyone who supports me.

In reality, it just showcases their own mental illness. And there's a LOT of these dumb fucks out there.

15 hours ago, Quaseemoto said:

Yeah but you go the distance to make sure nothing critical is visible in the section, I got the video in my notifications and was the first 500 to watch, there was a few comment saying "this is tihydp" or "this sucks", relatively light to the kinds of comments I see flashing in the usually TIHYDP videos. Like right now I count 1, 2, 3....22, 23 comments including the replies with the 4 or 5 being your own. It's says up top that 69 are suppose to be present. Meaning you deleted 45 to 50 comments Phil. That's a lot. 

The YouTube comments system governs ITSELF. It auto-flags spam, hides comments, etc. without the input of the uploader. I hadn't even checked up on the comments on the first KOGaming submission for over 12 hours, went into the section for the first time, and saw this comment:

"WOW, says there should be over 100 comments but only 60-some are visible. Phil has been busy!"

To which I replied:

"This is the first time I'm in these comments. Paranoid much?"

I'm tired of taking flak because people, like YOU, are too fucking stupid to understand how the comment system works. Yes, I'll delete an occasional nasty comment here or there, but I have FAR BETTER THINGS to do with my fucking time than sit there for hours, manually policing every single comment. I don't even look at the comments on most of my videos anymore, because I know that YouTube has allowed the section to become 100% toxic and worthless. Most viewers don't look there either, because they're smarter than that.

But yeah, you really are a moron to blame comment flagging on me. That's like, YouTube 101.

15 hours ago, Quaseemoto said:

Also I hope you trust whoever is giving you this video and you never piss them off. I even went to Alex  Devines channel (person that made the RE7 montage) and saw this:

1001.png

Nothing against him, I watch some of the TIHYDP content from a few of these guys, but never thought you'd feature a channel with a subscription box like this. But I'm sure you know what you're doing, like you always do..

You're right, I know exactly what I'm doing. I'm not a moron, like you. The fact that you think I didn't talk with this guy or do any research beforehand is so baffling, it must really echo the lack of brain in your empty head. Because we all know, NOBODY who watches negative videos about me could possibly be a fan as well.

Good lord....the stupidity of people like you is astounding.

4 hours ago, Hazz3r said:

Sigh... I really should know better but it's Sunday, I'm stimulated and I don't particularly tolerate being lied about.

Great, because no lies have taken place. You have this incredibly skewed view of what happened on the old forums, mostly because you were part of the problem. There were a group of actual fans trying to use them, while at the same time, there were a group of self-entitled, elitist, "good ol' boys club" asshats who were using the forums for their own personal purposes, instead of actually constructively contributing to things that needed input (like how to actively improve my content). And YOU were a major reason why those forums failed, because you were trusted as a long-standing member to help out, and instead you took major advantage of me and my kindness.

When TIHYDP first launched, I was contacted in HORROR by about 50+ people stating how appalled they were, that someone would steal my video content and spin it in a way to make me purposely look bad. Admittedly, I didn't watch the earlier videos in their entirety and I honestly don't even remember HOW I initially reacted. But I do know it certainly wasn't acceptance, and it was overblown. It was the first time I'd ever really faced that kind of negativity for simply playing games and enjoying myself, and I didn't "get" it, or that it was criticism of any form. Mostly because, nobody was coming to me and saying "hey Phil, your playthroughs are too negative and they'd be better if you didn't do this or this." Instead it was blatantly stolen content (yes, every single TIHYDP is theft and not protected under any kind of Fair Use law, from the mouth of a Copyright Lawyer i've consulted) that was seemingly (at the time, I thought) being used to 1. deride me and 2. get others popular off of my hard work. The fact that for months, I was bombarded with people telling me about EVERY SINGLE new video that was released, how awful they were, and that I should "take action to take them down" didn't help things.

Meanwhile, in your little isolated world of the forums, you and your boyfriends were circle-jerking each other about how great those videos were. Nobody read the thread besides your own elitist group, and at the time there was SO MUCH NEGATIVITY on the forums about me (and none of it constructive) that I was actively staying AWAY so that I could remain positive and focus on my work. It was this division, created by you and your "bros", between your little group and the actual fans who wanted to use the forum for constructive purposes, that eventually led to its degradation and downfall. 

Name ONE other YouTuber who would, annually, spend the crazy amount of money I have to maintain a stable website/forums for the fans, even when the majority of the people that use it DON'T actively contribute in a constructive way? But you, and your "buds" didn't care; you saw a free opportunity to have a hangout place, and you continued to use the forums for your own purposes, never contributing to anything useful. You "blew up" threads like TIHYDP regularly and were basically a bad influence, while the actual fans just wanted to see SOMETHING positive on there.

The reason TIHYDP got as popular as it did, was exactly because of people like you: exploitative, unappreciative, and selfish. Make fun OF, laugh AT (not with), DERIDE instead of joke. Yes, I've made tons of mistakes over the years, as I'm pretty sure there's never been a "guide to internet fame" and my "Being real" with everyone has backfired probably as often as it's resonated positively. But for you to come on here and take absolutely NO responsibility for any of your actions over the years is not only appalling, it's downright immature, puerile, a quite honestly? Thanks for finally posting your one-sided, incredibly distorted "truthful view" on what happened in the past.

Now I can finally tell you this publicly: fuck off.

26 minutes ago, BrightSideViking said:

Isn't it a bit unfair to say that eveyone just loved TIHYDP back in the day? I don't even know how to verify that claim. But if phil said he didn't like it, I suppose he wasn't  alone in thinking some of it went to far, and was unfunny.

The only reason I even knew about TIHYDP was because of my fans, who contacted me, appalled they existed and wanting me to take them down. I literally wouldn't have ever known nor cared if people hadn't told me that they were mean-spirited, copyright infringing and that they were going to hurt me in the long run. I got exactly ZERO messages from anyone saying "wow, this is great, you should make these yourself!" or "you should support these!"

The thread Hazzer is referencing was NOT a "happy thread about how TIHYDP is great." It was a thread basically ripping me a new asshole, saying I was a horrible gamer, a horrible person, and the video was hilarious for calling it out. If featured posts mostly from people who were taking advantage of me, and using the forums for their own personal "clubhouse" to shoot the shit about stuff unrelated to me or my content. Nobody who was an actual fan agreed that TIHYDP was "good" or "funny" when it originated.

It's just happened organically: TIHYDP grew to the point where people saw them, then came to my channels and VERY few actually became longtime fans. But it certainly didn't happen the way this idiot Hazzer just painted it; that's his incredibly insane, distorted view of things from a VERY biased side of the fence that I don't wish to ever revisit. 

15 minutes ago, Phil said:

Because we all know, NOBODY who watches negative videos about me could possibly be a fan as well.

But you yourself have said this exact thing about people...

15 minutes ago, Phil said:

Name ONE other YouTuber who would, annually, spend the crazy amount of money I have to maintain a stable website/forums for the fans, even when the majority of the people that use it DON'T actively contribute in a constructive way?

Two Best Friends

tmp_31195-Screenshot_2017-02-12-17-28-52546255735.png

Also, one last thing. Responses like this where you hurl insults at people calling them empty headed morons are exactly why so many people don't like you. To put it frankly, you come off as a dick a lot of times. You could really take a page from the other people I watch in terms of how to respond to people saying things you don't like. It's honestly as simple as just calming down before you respond.

3 minutes ago, dannyrand said:

Also, one last thing. Responses like this where you hurl insults at people calling them empty headed morons are exactly why so many people don't like you. To put it frankly, you come off as a dick a lot of times. You could really take a page from the other people I watch in terms of how to respond to people saying things you don't like. It's honestly as simple as just calming down before you respond.

I would call someone an idiot if he's an idiot. No regret.

I remember when u made the video ripping on TIHYDP u made for the first time. It got me pissed off and I believed everything u said. But then I had to do like any person that wants to form an actual opinion and sat down to watch this TIHYDP. I actually enjoyed it sort of surprised myself. Laughed through most of it. 

Not much else to say to be honest that's how I got introduced to TIHYDP when u said the guy that made it should get the white coats taken away. 

25 minutes ago, dannyrand said:

It's this exact pussyfoot attitude that has created an entire generation of "safe space" self-entitled whiners who can't take any kind of adversity, or even admit reality. It's the reason why everyone who's big on YouTube is a complete fucking phony. It's the major reason people are so damn stupid. There's a difference between saying something in the moment you DON'T mean, or saying something with enthusiasm. I waited about a week watching everything this Quasimoto guy posted, and suffice it to say, not only is he a moron, he's the same person I've banned about 25 times now. He thinks he can hide his language style and mannerisms, but he's not that smart.

Hazzer, I've waited the greater part of 4 years to unload on. So pretty sure that wasn't something that was going to change by "calming down" lol.

You say that:

16 hours ago, Phil said:

most people who were actual fans of mine were insulted, appalled and pissed that TIHYDP even existed.

And you back this up by:

45 minutes ago, Phil said:

I was contacted in HORROR by about 50+ people stating how appalled they were

How can you possibly extrapolate 50 people messaging you to the majority of your fans? I think you are very quick to project the opinions of a few people you agree with to your entire fanbase.

Last entry has been the best of the 3 thus far for me but it went a little too quick, I think cutting the buildup to and after a death sort of defeats the real fun of it.

You are going to die in Dark Souls, there's no real big deal in that but what makes DSP's playthroughs so funny is the before and after a death and I don't think you can exclude that. 

Even if it extends the video by a good 15 or so minutes, I think you have to try and not go so quick in the transitions.