The King of Hate Forums

Thoughts on the KOCC videos

I like how one of the arguments always brought up on these forums by long since banned people was always how Phil should have embraced TI**DP videos but now that he has they move the goalposts and whine about something else entirely. This is why you shouldn't believe any critic of Phils that claims they are only trying to help.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sigh... I really should know better but it's Sunday, I'm stimulated and I don't particularly tolerate being lied about. This is what we like to call a lie. Generally, people say them to hide th

I don't even know what people are talking about here - DragonSlayerVlogs didn't follow up with me at all about anything. I haven't heard a single thing from him since the video went live, so anything

Fred is a piece of shit leech. The reason he made the video with EXACTLY the same tags and title as the first official TIHYDP video is to try and skew YouTube search results. I guarantee he'll continu

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, TheTruthCommission said:

I like how one of the arguments always brought up on these forums by long since banned people was always how Phil should have embraced TI**DP videos but now that he has they move the goalposts and whine about something else entirely. This is why you shouldn't believe any critic of Phils that claims they are only trying to help.

They're not trying to help. I agree.

Phil has done plenty of silly things, and if you dislike him for that, then just be honest about it.

I think.... to an extent, some people can't bring themselves to admit that they literally spend hours out of their precious weeks on this planet feeling genuine negative emotion for a (let's be honest) relatively small YouTuber. So, in lieu of acknowledging that, maybe they pretend they're fighting the good fight on behalf of others, or trying to "help" Phil.

If you hate him, just own it. Haha

i freely admit I never watch his play though, but if I've got 30 minutes or so, I'll check his vlogs or him raging about something. 

When all is said and done, and Phil has moved on from YouTube due to a finance crash on his part or otherwise, he will walk away having achieved something relatively special, actually. A portion of his haters will walk away from their epic time sink with... I don't know. Nothing, really. 

• Upvote 2

Question: If PandaLee got some KOCCs would you post that on KOGaming? 

Also, is this program just for TIHYDP-style montages of specific games or would you also accept countdowns, Top 10 lists, reviews, etc? Like "DSP's Controller-Slamming Compilation" just a bunch of clips from your camcorder days where you slammed a controller on the table in anger. Or "Top 10 Fallout series Fails" where it's clips of you dying in silly ways across all 3 Fallout games you played? I've been wanting to see you do a countdown of your favorite Souls series boss fights for a long time but if you can't do it I'm hoping maybe one of your fans can.

1 hour ago, Pochomex said:

Like "DSP's Controller-Slamming Compilation" just a bunch of clips from your camcorder days where you slammed a controller on the table in anger.

Good idea, what about compilations of dsp burping, snorting or swearing or dsp catchphrases such as it's glitched or bugged mechanics or it wasn't my fault or errrrrrr?

2 minutes ago, AppleFlavoredOranges said:

Heres the thing.

The "officially approved" TIHYDP posted, isn't really a TIHYDP.

TIHYDP's suppose to laugh and berate how bad Phil is playing in a game, and highlight some of the most ridiculous statement's he makes during gameplay or a vlog where he makes more questionable statements related to said game. Rule one I think everyone whos created or watched a TIHYDP is, if doesn't have the comments flashing up, its not a TIHYDP.

That video thats posted up on KOGaming is a montage, and a quite ridiculous one at that. The intro was too long and cringe worthy, the red text when it wasn't hurting my eyes and I could read it was absolute nonsense, and just the randomness of shit flying on screen with the most random of music clips, movie clips, it was a jumbled mess. The creator DragonSlayerVlogs said he's a novice at making these so im not going to drag him under the bus, but for those who want to make a TIHYDP video, don't use that one as your barometer. Just look at the comments most people are either confused by the end of it or flatout cut off.

And Phil, you said you laughed at this video. Which means you weren't insulted in much of the video. Im sorry to say, if you want this series to survive and prosper, you're going to have to be insulted most of the time. So in the future, while watching the next potential candidate for a "Officially Approved" TIHYDP and you laugh through it, don't post it. If after watching it and you feel genuinely insulted and possibly humiliated, post it.

Huh? I love a lot of TIHYDP videos, but don't you find the comments/memes a distraction?

Like I said before, I don't need comments saying, "lol I beat this when I was 8." to tell me how to feel, haha. I just want clear footage of Phil failing. If nothing else, the constant interruptions make the whole thing seem fake. Just keep it as raw as possible.

Just out of interest - why do you like the comments? What do they do for you? 

13 minutes ago, mag1cal_man said:

A TIHYDP is in nature a roast video and the comments are part of the roast.

I guess I just don't get it. 

Is it a mob mentality thing? If I see Phil failing and blaming the developers, I don't need a comment to say, "Blaming the devs again..."

But I've never been a fan of laughter tracks in comedy shows either, haha. I don't need other people to tell me something is supposed to be funny.

52 minutes ago, MyFunnyValentine said:

Is it a mob mentality thing? If I see Phil failing and blaming the developers, I don't need a comment to say, "Blaming the devs again..."

But I've never been a fan of laughter tracks in comedy shows either, haha. I don't need other people to tell me something is supposed to be funny.

It's not a "so you know when to laugh" thing, it's more in a sense of adding to the evil part of a roast. TIHYDP takes a step further into being mean instead of being funny, because comics only go to a certain extent in order to make fun of someone while roasting them. TIHYDP wants to ridicule Phil much more than make you laugh, or at least that's what i get from it. The comments don't really add all that much because it's easy enough to find that sort of comment in any of DSP's videos...

EDIT: The comments would be a whole lot funnier if they were praising DSP's skills (which you can also find on any video or stream) while showing the failing/anger/salt compilation in contrast.

Edited by mag1cal_man
1 hour ago, AppleFlavoredOranges said:

Heres the thing.

The "officially approved" TIHYDP posted, isn't really a TIHYDP.

TIHYDP's suppose to laugh and berate how bad Phil is playing in a game, and highlight some of the most ridiculous statement's he makes during gameplay or a vlog where he makes more questionable statements related to said game. Rule one I think everyone whos created or watched a TIHYDP is, if doesn't have the comments flashing up, its not a TIHYDP.

I'm thinking of making a TIHYDP type video using fair use, where can I get a set of these rules?

1 hour ago, TheTruthCommission said:

I'm thinking of making a TIHYDP type video using fair use, where can I get a set of these rules?

1 - The video has to be transformative IN NATURE (creating something new): This means that if you get his Dark Souls footage and make your video, you're not watching phil's video, but something entirely different (on this sense, a parody because it's an edited compilation that ridicules Phil, or a compilation of videos with the objective of criticizing him).
2 - It's irrelevant whether or not your video is monetized.
3 - Your video can't steal viewership from DSP (can't compete with DSP): This means that the title, thumbnail and the marketing of the video can't fool the viewer into clicking on your video thinking it'll be the same as watching Phil. You need to market your video in such way that the normal viewer can tell it's a parody and it's not the original work (basically if they're looking for Phil's gameplay, they won't watch your video instead, they'll watch your video knowing that it's a parody).
4 - The more footage you use from him, less transformative it'll be. You can't watch a video to it's entirety in complete silence, then comment about the video for 2 minutes or so at the end and say it's transformative, you know?
5 - The "core" of the original work is "less" fair use than the rest. For example, idubbbz posted a video showing footage of him saying THE N. WORD to another youtuber called Tana Mongeau on his second channel, Idubbbztv2. Using the central, most important part of the video and then doing some light editing makes it less likelly that your video will be considere fair use.

That's about all i remember right now...

12 hours ago, Phil said:

There are plenty of boring, vanilla, "fake" YouTubers who pretend to be the happiest people on Earth on a daily basis. They also put out the most vomit-inducing, generic, meaningless content available.

I think this statement right here says everything anyone would need to know about you Phil. Especially considering you've never watched any other youtubers so you are literally pulling this statement from nothing.

• Upvote 1

You can clearly see here who loves the mob mentality of bullying someone who just wants to run an every day business. Instead of attacking huge monopolistic companies, harassing and making fun of a small time youtuber is their idea of fun. That says a lot about their mentality and can honestly say I am a hundred times better than these fucking sociopathic pricks. There's no excuse for that behaviour.

• Upvote 2
27 minutes ago, AppleFlavoredOranges said:

?????

0009.png

Oh I get it now.

If you can't take criticism then keep it to yourself, I'm actually giving valid criticism, reasoning, and suggesting how this series could improve. If you're content with these videos only getting a clue thousand views, getting way more dislikes than likes, and plateuing KOGaming much like how the DSPGaming channel is, then you're really not helping DSP become more successful and a better person. It's always the same people who deflect everything, and thats cool. Luckily most people know who they (you) are and your cancerous attitudes aren't very contagious to others.

The thing is, we know where the dislikes are coming from. And it is really ridiculous. It is not because the video in and of it self is bad. Because it isn't. 
It's because it is on phils channel. And that is the only reason. I mean I liked Farooqs comment because it was very accurate. 
Why don't you fuck right off. If you go somewhere just to hate on a thing because you just want to harass the content creator. 
You are being bullies, and you don't have any moral high ground.
He can never reach your unobtainable  ideals. Because the goalpost will just shift in some other direction. 
And you are not helping him, you are just stating look this isn't working. You should just quit. I don't like you. Nothing you will ever do would be good enough for me. EVER! 
Just do us a favor and Fuck right off!
Find something you do like. Because what you are doing is counter intuitive. If you keep giving a thing you don't like attention like this, it will give it even more reason to exist. 
IF you think it's cancer, STOP WATCHING! Or just admit you like it... 

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, BrightSideViking said:

The thing is, we know  
Why don't you fuck right off. 
Just do us a favor and Fuck right off!

That is true. Some things are better off said directly. Especially as we know they are PBP's (previously banned posters) trying so hard on Valentines Day to get some attention.:wink:

33 minutes ago, mag1cal_man said:

51 minutes ago, BrightSideViking said:

IF you think it's cancer, STOP WATCHING! Or just admit you like it...

This line of reasoning is incredibly childish. If one has the right and freedom to watch and like something, one has the right and freedom to watch and dislike it.

One have the freedom to bang your head repeatedly in a wall also...  If you find a thing unpleasant, and stupid. It is really weird to keep doing that thing. 
Do you think it is childish, asking that person why he bothers doing that? And suggest he might be better of doing something else? 

• Upvote 1
51 minutes ago, BrightSideViking said:

One have the freedom to bang your head repeatedly in a wall also...  If you find a thing unpleasant, and stupid. It is really weird to keep doing that thing. 
Do you think it is childish, asking that person why he bothers doing that? And suggest he might be better of doing something else? 

You are talking too much common sense. For which they'll never understand.

1 hour ago, AppleFlavoredOranges said:

So does anyone have any opinions on the KOCC program? DSP says there's a potential 3 hour TIHYDP video coming down the pipeline but Phil doesn't have enough time to screen it for insults that are too insulting.

I don't know which is more ridiculous, someone editing a video with that length or someone watching the whole thing. If Phil uploads that, i'm not watching unless there is a screening stream about it on his part.

Edited by onorub
21 minutes ago, onorub said:

I don't know which is more ridiculous, someone editing a video with that length or someone watching the whole thing. If Phil uploads that, i'm not watching unless there is a screening stream about it on his part.

Most TIHYDP are about 1+ hours. Since they take an entire playthrough of multi parts and shorten it to a couple of hours.

1 hour ago, BrightSideViking said:

Entertainment is subjective, also you didn't suggest someone might do something other than criticizing phil, you just told them to stop if they don't like it. i bet you use the word "hater" unironically. :>

34 minutes ago, onorub said:

Don't see you complaining about the many 2-3 hour TIHYDP's, hypocrisy springs to mind.

20 minutes ago, Amityville said:

Don't see you complaining about the many 2-3 hour TIHYDP's, hypocrisy springs to mind.

Aside from the one on Phil's channel (which i muted 12 minutes in because i didn't like the music montages), i've never watched a TIHYDP video from start to finish in my life, lol.