Jump to content
The King of Hate Forums

Thoughts on the KOCC videos


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sigh... I really should know better but it's Sunday, I'm stimulated and I don't particularly tolerate being lied about. This is what we like to call a lie. Generally, people say them to hide th

I don't even know what people are talking about here - DragonSlayerVlogs didn't follow up with me at all about anything. I haven't heard a single thing from him since the video went live, so anything

Fred is a piece of shit leech. The reason he made the video with EXACTLY the same tags and title as the first official TIHYDP video is to try and skew YouTube search results. I guarantee he'll continu

Posted Images

I would like to see DSP use some THIYDP made from people that make "real/ unapproved" ones. I'm saying this because I would like to see the excuses people would make then if it had all the content from an "unapproved" one in the video. DSP should just allow "those" people to make one and have at it then upload it on KOgaming. I am sure "they" would still respond the same.

Edited by GuessWhat
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BrightSideViking said:

...

This is what the state of this discussion is. What I said was at least that they where totally normal people. 
You wannabe internet tough guys, and detractors in this discussion is only muppets. 

So you said nothing, like you literally said nothing.

How about the people that legitimately don't like the video? Because with you and Phil's words, we don't exist. And thats the problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TREE.99 said:

So you said nothing, like you literally said nothing.

How about the people that legitimately don't like the video? Because with you and Phil's words, we don't exist. And thats the problem.

Thats cool. But theres very little genuine critique here like Phil says.

Edited by Amityville
Link to post
Share on other sites

There have been two common trains of thought on the TIHYDP video:

1. It had too many memes (so it was cringey): Fair criticism, that can be used to improve in the future.

2. It wasn't HARSH enough, in particular because it didn't highlight YouTube comments.

The video called me a "fucking cunt," had awful pics/insults to my girlfriend in it, and even completely fabricated the act that I'd somehow INTENTIONALLY made a video short to make more ad revenue. "Not harsh enough" in this case means "didn't completely destroy Phil's character and make him out to be the devil through intentional slander." And that's the difference between laughing WITH someone (like a roast) or laughing AT them (to purposely misrepresent and destroy their character). 

Now I'm not against more harsh stuff it it's relating to the game, or the like - but the problem is, when TIHYDP went viral, it created a group of brainless, drooling idiots who just spam nonsensical, intentionally ridiculous and insulting comments on my playthroughs in the hopes of GETTING INTO THE TIHYDP VIDEO; i.e. it created a huge group of moronic attention-whores that turned my YT comments section into a septic system of toxic bullshit.

If you actually think off-topic, slanderous insults are "funny," you are a fucking moron. If you think insulting my family and girlfriend in a gameplay video that has NOTHING to do with them, you are a fucking moron. If you've EVER posted up a comment on a playthrough of mine in the hopes of getting into a TIHYDP video? You're an attention-seeking, worthless, brainless, idiotic moron who can be viewed as nothing more than pathetic by anyone else with a brain.

 

NOW, all of that being said: if anyone actually has a constructive criticism of how to improve the video, fair enough. But "you didn't totally make Phil look like the anti-Christ, so people MAY still want to see his videos, so this TIHYDP sucks!" is not a valid criticism. It shows the insane stupidity, selfishness, and immorality of the common TIHYDP viewer, and just how fucking moronic those people are.

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Amityville said:

Why is Cless allowed to post here? Can all banned posters come back now?

Funny thing is, I came in peace to give advice to KOCC creators who wanna make TIHYDP montages. I'm not doing anything wrong, lol. If you have an issue with me, feel free to pm me. This isn't the place for petty arguments.

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

There have been two common trains of thought on the TIHYDP video:

1. It had too many memes (so it was cringey): Fair criticism, that can be used to improve in the future.

2. It wasn't HARSH enough, in particular because it didn't highlight YouTube comments.

The video called me a "fucking cunt," had awful pics/insults to my girlfriend in it, and even completely fabricated the act that I'd somehow INTENTIONALLY made a video short to make more ad revenue. "Not harsh enough" in this case means "didn't completely destroy Phil's character and make him out to be the devil through intentional slander." And that's the difference between laughing WITH someone (like a roast) or laughing AT them (to purposely misrepresent and destroy their character). 

Now I'm not against more harsh stuff it it's relating to the game, or the like - but the problem is, when TIHYDP went viral, it created a group of brainless, drooling idiots who just spam nonsensical, intentionally ridiculous and insulting comments on my playthroughs in the hopes of GETTING INTO THE TIHYDP VIDEO; i.e. it created a huge group of moronic attention-whores that turned my YT comments section into a septic system of toxic bullshit.

If you actually think off-topic, slanderous insults are "funny," you are a fucking moron. If you think insulting my family and girlfriend in a gameplay video that has NOTHING to do with them, you are a fucking moron. If you've EVER posted up a comment on a playthrough of mine in the hopes of getting into a TIHYDP video? You're an attention-seeking, worthless, brainless, idiotic moron who can be viewed as nothing more than pathetic by anyone else with a brain.

 

NOW, all of that being said: if anyone actually has a constructive criticism of how to improve the video, fair enough. But "you didn't totally make Phil look like the anti-Christ, so people MAY still want to see his videos, so this TIHYDP sucks!" is not a valid criticism. It shows the insane stupidity, selfishness, and immorality of the common TIHYDP viewer, and just how fucking moronic those people are.

Hey at least some of my criticism got through and is gonna help in the future.  Like I said, if TIHYDP montages are gonna be a thing here, you might as well do your best to help your creators make better quality videos. All I wanted was for you to look at my points in the last page, and for the most part, it seems like you did read through it. So, thanks for that Phil.

Edited by ClessTheNoLife
Link to post
Share on other sites

Phil, you sound very defensive about this. In fact, the past few days it feels like you've been extra abrasive. Not just in the forums but on Twitter and prestreams too. I believe you said yourself you already expected malicious trolls to outright reject your KOCC program simply because it had your approval. As the King of Hate I would think this surge of hate would fuel you to new heights but it sounds like it's really bringing you down instead. 

You don't need to defend the program to anybody. I think you should stop shouting down anybody who hates it because you're just attracting more attention to negative elements over positive ones. If you make it look like they hit a nerve they're just going to keep jabbing it.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

24 minutes ago, Pochomex said:

 the past few days it feels like you've been extra abrasive. Not just in the forums but on Twitter and prestreams too. 

Sometimes in life you have to fight fire with fire. Being polite and nice doesn't work when you're dealing with sociapaths. You deal with them like the video in this TIHYDP;

 

 

Edited by Amityville
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Amityville said:

 

Sometimes in life you have to fight fire with fire. Being polite and nice doesn't work when you're dealing with sociapaths. You deal with them like the video in this TIHYDP;

 

 

Phil seems like a proud guy. For the most part he wants to be the Realest Motherfucker on YouTube™ but he also wants to run his channels like a legitimate business. The problem is you can't always do both. When he goes on tirades against people who don't like his product it comes off as really unprofessional and off-putting but I know in his mind he's just keeping it real. I just don't like how he considers manners and restraint to be synonymous with being "phony". I feel like he would be pissed if the businesses he used were as "real" as him. I know I would. Imagine if YouTube management said "Listen, if you have a problem with our business model then just stop fucking using it." It's not real, it's just rude.

I think Phil should stop putting so much energy into people dedicated to antagonizing him but I don't know how to tell him that without him thinking that would just be disingenuous politicking.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally did not enjoy the TIHYDP KOCC video, I felt it was just below average.. With too many memes and the focus of how not to play felt to me to be on the sidelines. I am a person who enjoys Phil's Let's Plays and learned of him from a TIHYDP of Bully. 

What made me interested to begin with is that I gained a feeling of "wanting to play better becaise he was so terrible at the game".. Saw his playthrough, bought Bully.. And did just that. 

In my opinion TIHYDP had one goal.. To show you how you don't play a video game for an audience. If I don't feel like I could do better or that the video doesn't show you how to NOT play.. Then I don't think its a good TIHYDP video. 

There are many out there.. And some of other YouTubers too showing it doesn't need Phil as the star to be a TIHYDP despite it being started with Phil, as again the point is to show how not to play a game for an audience and there are thousands of Let's Players who fail at playing a video game. And these other "stars" for the videos I have seen have been quite good IMO.

TIHYP has become a style of video like youtube poops or unboxing, or Let's Plays in general. So it has some defined features that make it what it is and what makes it good. But you don't see anyone saying thier videos are THE way to do them. People are not saying THIS is the right way to do a Let's play and everyone else is wrong.. Because that would be wrong in and of itself.

With that in mind...

I don't believe anyone can really "define" what makes a TIHYDP or own it as thier way being the "right" way of making these videos.

Sure there are tips for making a good TIHYDP like a poster left here.. And I agree with it. And yes the mass majority of TIHYDPs are of Phil... But what bothers me is Phil stating this is the Official TIHYDP and that its the "right" way to make one. I disagree with that.

If Phil believes it to be official due to the majority of them being about him and that he was the first to be the star of these videos.. I just can't agree. As I believe TIHYDP has become a video style.. And that anyone can be the star of them. Its not called This is How Bad Phil is at This Game.. Its called This is How you Don't Play.. Because its showing you exactly that.

So saying this is the official one and the way its supposed to be made rubs me the wrong way. And Phil has stated he hasn't watched them.. Only a few bits and pieces here and there and whatever people have told him about them.. So how can Phil define this to be the right way to make one?? And that its the official one?

Because its made by someone who made them before? Anyone can make one.. Doesn't make that person the official authority on them.. Wherever its uploaded and whatever it contains. And it doesn't automatically make thier video good or official IMO.

So in a nutshell.. These words of "official" or the video being the "right" way to make it.. I disagree with that. 

I believe TIHYDP is a video style.. Not something that was waiting for itself to be authorized by an authority to be "right" by thier requirements or boundaries in my opinion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phil said:

There have been two common trains of thought on the TIHYDP video:

1. It had too many memes (so it was cringey): Fair criticism, that can be used to improve in the future.

2. It wasn't HARSH enough, in particular because it didn't highlight YouTube comments.

The video called me a "fucking cunt," had awful pics/insults to my girlfriend in it, and even completely fabricated the act that I'd somehow INTENTIONALLY made a video short to make more ad revenue. "Not harsh enough" in this case means "didn't completely destroy Phil's character and make him out to be the devil through intentional slander." And that's the difference between laughing WITH someone (like a roast) or laughing AT them (to purposely misrepresent and destroy their character). 

Now I'm not against more harsh stuff it it's relating to the game, or the like - but the problem is, when TIHYDP went viral, it created a group of brainless, drooling idiots who just spam nonsensical, intentionally ridiculous and insulting comments on my playthroughs in the hopes of GETTIN9G INTO THE TIHYDP VIDEO; i.e. it created a huge group of moronic attention-whores that turned my YT comments section into a septic system of toxic bullshit.

If you actually think off-topic, slanderous insults are "funny," you are a fucking moron. If you think insulting my family and girlfriend in a gameplay video that has NOTHING to do with them, you are a fucking moron. If you've EVER posted up a comment on a playthrough of mine in the hopes of getting into a TIHYDP video? You're an attention-seeking, worthless, brainless, idiotic moron who can be viewed as nothing more than pathetic by anyone else with a brain.

 

NOW, all of that being said: if anyone actually has a constructive criticism of how to improve the video, fair enough. But "you didn't totally make Phil look like the anti-Christ, so people MAY still want to see his videos, so this TIHYDP sucks!" is not a valid criticism. It shows the insane stupidity, selfishness, and immorality of the common TIHYDP viewer, and just how fucking moronic those people are.

 

Phil the thing is, people are confused. Not two months ago what you said about the people that comment  is what you said about the people who made the videos that your now featuring on your channel. Not 2 years ago the people that are now featuring on your channel, were the same people you were accusing of your attempted murder because of being swatted.

The main focus on this series is it needs to poke fun at your gameplay, the current video does that a little bit but its overflooded with memes to make up for the lack of insults. Poking fun at your bad gameplay is the essence of a TIHYDP. Once you get that and learn how to laugh at yourself more often, this series will be more successful.

Remember this series is called "This is how you don't play", not "This is how you don't play but Phil is Still a good video game player, so watch his videos."

Edited by TREE.99
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Amityville said:

Its an attack on the guys life and business! How can you be OK with that? Sorry but you're wrong.

What are you talking about. If TIHYDP's is an attack on Phil's life and business then it seems counter-productive to host those videos on his channel, no? Plus your off topic, your next comment should be about TIHYDPs on KOGaming. Nothing else.

Now watch the fade into the bushes.

giphy (2).gif

Edited by TREE.99
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TREE.99 said:

The main focus on this series is it needs to poke fun at your gameplay, the current video does that a little bit but its overflooded with memes to make up for the lack of insults. Poking fun at your bad gameplay is the essence of a TIHYDP. Once you get that and learn how to laugh at yourself more often, this series will be more successful.

Remember this series is called "This is how you don't play", not "This is how you don't play but Phil is Still a good video game player, so watch his videos."

Why did you bother to quote my post? You completely sidestepped everything I said: insults about my gameplay are 100% fine. PERSONAL insults about me/my family/gf that make people hate my guts due to mass slander are not. But it's those insults that the morons leaving negative comments/downvoting are ASKING for and saying are the primary thing missing from the TIHYDP posted to KOGaming.

Please address the topic or don't bother posting at all.

2 hours ago, TREE.99 said:

Phil the thing is, people are confused. Not two months ago what you said about the people that comment  is what you said about the people who made the videos that your now featuring on your channel. Not 2 years ago the people that are now featuring on your channel, were the same people you were accusing of your attempted murder because of being swatted.

You have incredibly selective hearing. I said that slanderous, false insults becoming commonly believed FACTS about me, are why I was SWATed, and those are VERY commonly distributed via TIHYDP videos. Do you think anyone honestly cares about a bad gamer? There are millions of them worldwide. But when you LIE and say that I'm a pedophile, I treat my fans horribly on a regular basis, I steal from my Patrons, I'm a regular liar about everything, nothing I've ever done is legitimate ETC. THEN you start to make people think it's true - especially when these "little white lies" become ongoing running jokes in TIHYDP videos. YES, if anyone ever promoted those lies about me, they DID contribute to some fucking nutjob SWATing me. 

It's not the idea of TIHYDP that has been dangerous to myself and my business; it's the no-talent, greedy, self-centered pieces of shit who couldn't get any attention making them and/or the morons who purposely leave the slanderous, inflammatory comments, who spread these lies as fact for their OWN BENEFIT that have endangered me. This has NOTHING TO DO with my gameplay skill level, and nobody ever said it did.

You're just making shit up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phil said:

Why did you bother to quote my post? You completely sidestepped everything I said: insults about my gameplay are 100% fine. PERSONAL insults about me/my family/gf that make people hate my guts due to mass slander are not. But it's those insults that the morons leaving negative comments/downvoting are ASKING for and saying are the primary thing missing from the TIHYDP posted.

No one is asking for a video that makes a personal attack on you, we're just asking for a good TIHYDP video on your channel. Those good TIHYDP videos are poking fun at your gameplay and harvesting comments that talk about how bad your gameplay is. That's all. Your assumptions about what all the people who downvoted your video, are just that. Assumptions. None of the montages or "tihydp" videos on KOGaming have properly showcased how bad your gameplay is at times and viewers can see the maker holding back to spare your feelings. Not because people want to see you die or the other assumptions you laid out in your previous post.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

 

You have incredibly selective hearing. I said that slanderous, false insults becoming commonly believed FACTS about me, are why I was SWATed, and those are VERY commonly distributed via TIHYDP videos.

You're just making shit up.

But you didn't say that Phil. The video is right here:

52:53 - "Shame on you if you've ever made a TIHYDP video about me" period.

You didn't clarify anything of the sort that you typed above. You just Flat out said if you made a TIHYDP video, you contributed to your attempted murder. And just looking back at that video, I hope you understand how ridiculous that statement was in hindsight.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

But when you LIE and say that I'm a pedophile, I treat my fans horribly on a regular basis, I steal from my Patrons, I'm a regular liar about everything, nothing I've ever done is legitimate ETC. THEN you start to make people think it's true -

You're just making shit up.

I agree the pedophile shit is ridiculous but all the other things you said following that is up to the viewer to decipher. The videos aren't people standing in front of the camera saying erroneous things about you, a lot of the times it's videos and excerpts of you and your words being highlighted. The videos don't make all these things true, your words and your actions do.

Sooner or later Phil you're going to have to take a look around you and think why your fan base has dwindled into what it has and why people around the internet don't have high praise of you. And these aggressive retorts that you have really dont help either. Just make you look guilty in all honesty.

You've never did anything personal to me and I've never made a video or went on Twitter talking about you. I'm just telling you what I see and the behavior you're reflecting to the world is that of someone who's guilty.

Advice for future TIHYDPs on KOGaming: None to the creator, they know what they need to do. But Phil your going to have to accept that not everyone else is to blame for what's happened to your YouTube career and accept your actions and words. Once you accept those, then you can laugh at yourself a little more because your at peace with yourself. Then you'll have a successful TIHYDP series to look forward too. Until then, good luck.

Edited by TREE.99
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, LastRambo341 said:

And what is so horribly wrong about that?

Because insulting game developers because a part of the game is difficult is childish. People shitting on developers for petty reasons Is part of the reason why we don't have Half-Life 3 yet.

Phil doesn't like when he gets called an idiot, moron, lazy, or being overall shit at what he's dedicated his life too. So why would it be ok for him to say these hurtful things others? Especially the people he's ultimately making money from.

This is grade school stuff people, I shouldn't have to explain this to grown adults. At least I hope I'm speaking to adults.

Edited by TREE.99
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Phil said:

Why did you bother to quote my post? You completely sidestepped everything I said: insults about my gameplay are 100% fine. PERSONAL insults about me/my family/gf that make people hate my guts due to mass slander are not. But it's those insults that the morons leaving negative comments/downvoting are ASKING for and saying are the primary thing missing from the TIHYDP posted to KOGaming.

Please address the topic or don't bother posting at all.

Dude, will you guys stop getting baited by obvious troll accounts? <_<

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

Dude, will you guys stop getting baited by obvious troll accounts? <_<

But I'm not a troll account. Is that what the excuse is nowadays when speaking objectively about Phil. You get deemed a troll account? Whatever.

To the TIYDP makers, looks like Nioh will be your next objective to make a video for KOGaming. Phil is genuinely playing bad (especially The boss fights) so it will be a real test to see how the future of this series will hold up on the channel.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...