The King of Hate Forums

Why Phil shouldn't be taking days off (hear me out)!!!

If him saying he "deserves" time off bothered his fanbase I'm sure he would retract it, but it looks like it only bothers you. 

Phil can take off as much time as he wants, work as hard as he wants, and ask the viewers whatever he feels like asking. He needs to balance his standard of living, his income, and his relationship with his fans but if he can do that I think he can do pretty much whatever he wants. 

On the side however I feel myself being tugged away from Phil's content. I pulled my Patreon pledge and I don't see myself renewing it anytime soon. I used to come to his channel to evade my own stress and frustration, not to try and carry his. The more he tries to rally his fanbase to come rescue him the more I feel like being his fan is another obligation instead of a fun hobby. I look around my life and even with all DSP's problems I feel like he's doing better than I am so I'm going to redirect my $5 a month back in my pocket instead of sustaining his channel. With how negative he's been lately I don't think I'm getting as much entertainment out of it as I use to.

27 minutes ago, BrightSideViking said:

He didn't have  a fair question to begin with. Having a day of is something everyone does. And OP sure is good baiting people if you haven't noticed. 
My guess is he don't even have a job. He is here to argue something that is really asinine. We are not hunter gatherers any more. We don't have to fight everyday in a jungle to survive. If you want to call this Not trolling, it is fine by me. But you are being baited. And I have told you. 

Well thanks for telling me. Whether I was baited or not though the post didn't bother me.. And I had no problem answering the question.. Didn't really have anything to lose by doing so.

27 minutes ago, BrightSideViking said:

He didn't have  a fair question to begin with. Having a day of is something everyone does. And OP sure is good baiting people if you haven't noticed. 
My guess is he don't even have a job. He is here to argue something that is really asinine. We are not hunter gatherers any more. We don't have to fight everyday in a jungle to survive. If you want to call this Not trolling, it is fine by me. But you are being baited. And I have told you. 

Well thanks for telling me. Whether I was baited or not though the post didn't bother me.. And I had no problem answering the question.. Didn't really have anything to lose by doing so.

18 minutes ago, RichterTryhard said:

Well the bait would have been bad if you didn't... Some people with impaired social skills does think like this. And have problems seeing what is going on. Because the question isn't really a threat and seem easy enough to answer to begin with. But it's just the tactic you use to get the foot in the door. 
This is why especially people with autism have problems with trolling. They only see what is there in front of them, and cant see the underlying cause for it to be there. 

Edited by BrightSideViking
1 hour ago, RichterTryhard said:

A troll is someone who is trying to get an emotional reaction out of someone for thier own amusement right? Rile people up for the funsies?

I think OP had a fair question. I just don't agree with him on whether time off is a luxury or not. 

He clearly has a stricter perception on working and taking breaks from that work. I don't think that makes him a troll. He disagrees with Phil's actions.. And explained why. 

You're on the money. I'm not troll, I'm just providing an opinion and something to consider. 

1 hour ago, BrightSideViking said:

Look this conspiracy theory, you have no evidence of what you said about me to be true so doesn't that make you the troll.  

1 hour ago, Royal_Phalanx91 said:

Having a day off is required for wellbeing. It's not going to have much of an impact on Phil because he is going to stream more during the week.

Like I said if he wants to do that fine, but he shouldn't complain about lack of money if he's taking time off when he could be spending that time working. 

You're not a troll at all, just someone in a horrible situation who thinks that someone shouldn't have a better situation.

I've been blessed enough to own/operate my own successful business (until pretty much right now) for 6+ years. This means making my own schedule. I'm lucky, I know. There are people in far worse situations than me, and you sound like one of them.

My asking for support now isn't saying "Feel bad for me and throw me money." Not in the least! My appeals for aid with Patreon, Twitch and the like are a give-take relationship: support me, or the daily, free and copious amount of content I've provided for 8 years WILL go away. There is no sense of self-entitlement here; I KNOW I've been lucky as all hell to be doing this as a job for as long as I have. I'm going through a tough time now due to, once again, things completely outside of my control. To get through it, I need the support of my viewers. That's all it is.

We're getting numerous stories of people who do full-time streaming/YouTube DYING or getting seriously ill from overwork. If I'm overworked, I cannot continue to put out high-quality content on a daily basis. It's pretty much cause and effect. My taking a day off a week is NOT a luxury, it's a necessity to keep doing this, NOT have a nervous breakdown and/or a serious health issue. It took me OVER TWO MONTHS to get over a cold in December-January because I literally NEVER stopped working. Do you not see the issue here?

If not, then you cannot be helped. You cannot see outside of your own personal bubble and walk in someone else's shoes. And that's quite unfortunate. I used to be exactly the same way too, but I grew up.

1 hour ago, TheTruthCommission said:

Everyone needs time off be it one day or two days and there's a reason for it.  Just because you owe a bit of money or are struggling doesn't mean you have to go work 12 jobs a week for 34 hours a day. Work rest and play is what it's all about.

you wrote you should be working those hours every fucking day so you can get out of this mess and continue to put food on the table. And if Leanna doesn't like that, tough shit, that's life, I'm not sure how they do things in hardgraft city but did you expect Phil to take your ideas on board and say tough shit girl, no outing for you today or relationship stuff, some guy on the internet said I should do 3 jobs and work more because im slightly struggling lets not have fun and live a hard working but dull existence?  That sentence seemed antagonistic given current trends and that is why I called your post a b8 post. Just so you know.  Because you asked. Because I'm a nice guy.

You wrote just because you owe a bit of money or are struggling doesn't mean you have to go work 12 jobs a week for 34 hours a day. Work rest and play is what it's all about. But he doesn't just owe "a bit of money" he's stats in his videos that he's in a position that he "doesn't know if he can pay his bills" that's not just owing a bit of money, that's life changing. I'm old school, I did come from a "hardgraft city" as you described it, where it's a dog eat, dog world so I have the mentality that work comes before pleasure, I have to be able to afford that pleasure and if not I work hard to have enough money to enjoy that pleasure, it is dull but that's life, I can't go fuck it I'll have some fun, because then the food isn't put on the table. It might seem antagonistic to you but it's just a hard and realistic view of life. 

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

You're not a troll at all, just someone in a horrible situation who thinks that someone shouldn't have a better situation.

I've been blessed enough to own/operate my own successful business (until pretty much right now) for 6+ years. This means making my own schedule. I'm lucky, I know. There are people in far worse situations than me, and you sound like one of them.

My asking for support now isn't saying "Feel bad for me and throw me money." Not in the least! My appeals for aid with Patreon, Twitch and the like are a give-take relationship: support me, or the daily, free and copious amount of content I've provided for 8 years WILL go away. There is no sense of self-entitlement here; I KNOW I've been lucky as all hell to be doing this as a job for as long as I have. I'm going through a tough time now due to, once again, things completely outside of my control. To get through it, I need the support of my viewers. That's all it is.

We're getting numerous stories of people who do full-time streaming/YouTube DYING or getting seriously ill from overwork. If I'm overworked, I cannot continue to put out high-quality content on a daily basis. It's pretty much cause and effect. My taking a day off a week is NOT a luxury, it's a necessity to keep doing this, NOT have a nervous breakdown and/or a serious health issue. It took me OVER TWO MONTHS to get over a cold in December-January because I literally NEVER stopped working. Do you not see the issue here?

If not, then you cannot be helped. You cannot see outside of your own personal bubble and walk in someone else's shoes. And that's quite unfortunate. I used to be exactly the same way too, but I grew up.

Did I say that you shouldn't have a better situation? As a human being, I want you to have enough money to be able to take time off but that's isn't the situation you're in unfortunately. "There are people in far worse situations than me, and you sound like one of them." I'm not sure if that was your way of belittling me but I'll let that slide. Now I personally feel there is a sense of self-entitlement and you've shown that in the past.  

Now you speak from your concern about becoming ill from overwork and I say that's life? Millions of people around the world are overworked and have poor health because of it but they have no choice, they have to keep working at that intensity to earn a wage. You don't like the idea of that then you should move on from youtube. And yes you did work whilst you're ill and I applaud you for that, you never stopped working and that's the attitude you should be having now. 

Now you're saying I need to be helped? How? Yes I work damn hard but I don't need help, I have a good understanding of life despite your attempts to dispute that. I can see out of my own personal bubble because I talk to people, I have a wide perspective of life. You don't, you don't talk to many people so I think it's you in your own personal bubble who is blinded. You tell me to grow up, it's time for you to grow up Phil, accept the situation and do everything to fucking fix, not fucking complain and take days off. 

56 minutes ago, BrightSideViking said:

Well the bait would have been bad if you didn't... Some people with impaired social skills does think like this. And have problems seeing what is going on. Because the question isn't really a threat and seem easy enough to answer to begin with. But it's just the tactic you use to get the foot in the door. 
This is why especially people with autism have problems with trolling. They only see what is there in front of them, and cant see the underlying cause for it to be there. 

Ok?? 

2 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

Taking time off is a luxury? wtf

Companies are legally required to give you time off for various circumstances. He works for himself so he can set his own rules in this case.

I'm not even going to debate with you, you're notorious for being a blind defender of the guy. 

43 minutes ago, RichterTryhard said:

Ok?? 

I am sorry richter. I see you are a really kind and well meaning person. I am only trying to help people understand the idea behind what I mean by being baited by a troll. It is not an attack on you or anyone personally. 
I guess this experience with Phil really have made me in to some notorious whiteknight. A couple of years ago I can not see myself do this. I would have just sat back and enjoyed what mr. Troll is doing here. Or even said something like;

11 minutes ago, StevieT said:

I'm not even going to debate with you, you're notorious for being a blind defender of the guy. 

Yeah totally. His words ain't worth shit. When you have supported phil in the past, you surly have something wrong with you. 

Just now, BrightSideViking said:

I am sorry richter. I see you are a really kind and well meaning person. I am only trying to help people understand the idea behind what I mean by being baited by a troll. It is not an attack on you or anyone personally. 
I guess this experience with Phil really have made me in to some notorious whiteknight. A couple of years ago I can not see myself do this. I would have just sat back and enjoyed what mr. Troll is doing here. Or even said something like;

Yeah totally. His words ain't worth shit. When you have supported phil in the past, you surly have something wrong with you. 

I never said there was something wrong with him. But there is no way I could get my point across to him, I've debated him in the past in youtube comments and he's been unbearable, he can't look at things from the other side, just Phil's.  

Holy fuck lmao. I didn't realize how dedicated the Phil defense force was to justifying every single move the guy makes. The point of a thread is to discuss, not roast the creator before any intelligent discussion has been made. I agree that time off of work is not a luxury, but something those that work to support themselves and their loved ones are entitled to, but I feel that Phil's case may be a bit different. I have no idea how Phil could take a complete and full day off of work every week knowing full well that he is in the dire financial situation he's in (or tells us, the viewers, he is in). I'm not sure how much of a difference a day away from streaming will make on his financial situation, but I gotta think that every cent counts, and thats the kind of mindset I think Phil's gotta have. I'm gonna respect any decision Phil makes because I cannot even begin to fathom the amount of stress his kind of job garners, but you all need to chill.

1 hour ago, VivekPharaoh said:

Holy fuck lmao. I didn't realize how dedicated the Phil defense force was to justifying every single move the guy makes. The point of a thread is to discuss, not roast the creator before any intelligent discussion has been made. I agree that time off of work is not a luxury, but something those that work to support themselves and their loved ones are entitled to, but I feel that Phil's case may be a bit different. I have no idea how Phil could take a complete and full day off of work every week knowing full well that he is in the dire financial situation he's in (or tells us, the viewers, he is in). I'm not sure how much of a difference a day away from streaming will make on his financial situation, but I gotta think that every cent counts, and thats the kind of mindset I think Phil's gotta have. I'm gonna respect any decision Phil makes because I cannot even begin to fathom the amount of stress his kind of job garners, but you all need to chill.

7 hours ago, StevieT said:

know people who don't have any days off (other than Christmas day) because they have to balance 3 jobs just to put food on the table for their family.

May I have some more.jpg

This isn't Oliver Twist, 
People juggling two jobs don't have the time to even have an opinion about DSP. 
Even being semi up to date about what he does. Requires a lot of time. And arguing about him taking a day off Is just not something you would even consider. 
It's just to use one percent logic and you see what is going on. BS story to bait people in to an unnecessary argument. 
I have always had the stance that I think phil is a lunatic not taking a day off. And I think the same about people working every day. No matter what they do. You will just end up burning yourself out. 
If you are in a underdeveloped country and have to for you survival of you and your family. It's totally different. 
But in western modern society, we have days off. Even if your job is sitting on your ass doing nothing. (Not directed at phil he does something while sitting on his ass :biggrin:)  

Edited by BrightSideViking
clarification of last point...
14 minutes ago, BrightSideViking said:

May I have some more.jpg

This isn't Oliver Twist, 
Even being semi up to date about what he does. Requires a lot of time. And arguing about him taking a day off Is just not something you would even consider. 
It's just to use one percent logic and you see what is going on. BS story to bait people in to an unnecessary argument. 
I have always had the stance that I think phil is a lunatic not taking a day off. And I think the same about people working every day. No matter what they do. You will just end up burning yourself out. 
If you are in a underdeveloped country and have to for you survival of you and your family. It's totally different. 
But in western modern society, we have days off. Even if your job is sitting on your ass doing nothing. (Not directed at phil he does something while sitting on his ass :biggrin:)  

So this has what's happened to the DSP fandom? Resorting to mocking people with 2 jobs? You're clearly and school student who has never been in the outside world. Not all of Western society is like your backyard, there are people living rough and in the current economically climate find it hard to pay their bills so they work their damn ass off to pay them bills. Not every in the West is apart of your "modern society" where you get a fancy new car, days off, vacations, the latest technology. There is world you have no idea about kid, so get off your high horse and do some fucking hard work for once in your life. 

21 minutes ago, BrightSideViking said:

May I have some more.jpg

This isn't Oliver Twist, 

People that juggle jobs arent a myth: they're real people lol. They exist, and juggling 2 jobs doesn't mean that your entire life is consumed by your work. Saying that they don't have time to follow DSP and that they wouldn't have a stance on this topic is a very close-minded statement.

• Upvote 3
1 minute ago, VivekPharaoh said:

People that juggle jobs arent a myth: they're real people lol. They exist, and juggling 2 jobs doesn't mean that your entire life is consumed by your work. Saying that they don't have time to follow DSP and that they wouldn't have a stance on this topic is a very close-minded statement.

Spot on. 

1 minute ago, VivekPharaoh said:

It might be, but it's true. Where would they get their time from doing it you suggest? I have had 2 jobs my self at one point. And Doing this shit would be something that I would just dream of. 
Even with my previous job would have made this an impossibility. 
It is only possible for me because I have a job that permits me being awake at  these hours. 
If I where to get another job, that has different hours. I might just have to forget about this community, or be a very small part of it. Because my schedule wouldn't permit it. 
I am surprised if this guy have one job. I think a normal working person would know what I am talking about...

3 hours ago, StevieT said:

"There are people in far worse situations than me, and you sound like one of them." I'm not sure if that was your way of belittling me but I'll let that slide.

I was being sympathetic to someone who'd just said that they have to work two jobs to make ends meet. But you're obviously quite overly sensitive and defensive. 

I've already given my response to the subject, and since all anyone is doing is insulting each other in this thread, I"ll close it.

• Phil locked this topic