The King of Hate Forums
OCGRafael

Food Thread

This is a thread where we post some pics of food and talk about what kind of stuff we like to eat. Pics can be of stuff you've made, stuff you just ate, or stuff you want to try out in the future. I made this delicious lemon bread earlier today and it was damn good. Maybe a little more tart than I wanted it to be so I'll probably use less lemon juice next time. Here's the recipe I used in case anybody wants it

Lemon Bread:

½ cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 large lemon
2 eggs, beaten
1 ½ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup milk
¼ cup powdered sugar

Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Grate peel from lemon and add to creamed mixture. Squeeze juice from lemon and set aside. Add eggs, flour, baking powder, salt and milk to creamed mixture and blend well. Turn batter into a greased 9X5 inch loaf pan and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour. Combine lemon juice and powdered sugar and mix well. Pour over hot loaf and allow syrup to sink into bread. Turn loaf out onto a rack and cool.

http://thekingofhate.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2015_01/IMG_187.jpg.74f6a136542a123effe4051230a0faa7.jpg

IMG_187.jpg

• Upvote 3

Tried making some apple hand-pies. The crust was a bit too tough and chewy but the filling was great.

http://thekingofhate.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2015_01/IMG_396.jpg.cdc0887b3e330c638c117d963b82695d.jpg

​That looks really delish.

Tried making some banana bread this time. Put some chocolate chips and walnuts in it and it came out pretty amazing. Perfect with some hot chocolate or coffee during all this cold weather.

Banana Bread.jpg

• Upvote 1

Why is this topic not at a million responses.

Whenever I went to Japan I used to always buy this Royale toast. Warm bread with cut up chunks in the middle covered in caramel and ice cream. It all mixes together to be one of the best desserts I've ever tasted.

Place I always visited every year shut down tho :(

IMG_7090.JPG

Edited by KGhaleon
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

Whenever I went to Japan I used to always buy this Royale toast. Warm bread with cut up chunks in the middle covered in caramel and ice cream. It all mixes together to be one of the best desserts I've ever tasted.

IMG_7090.JPG

Wow, did you finish that?

5 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

Wow, did you finish that?

Usually you don't eat the outer bread. I only ate the entire thing one time during a dare from a friend that went with me.

On the topic of dessert, ice cream on warm pancakes is pretty awesome.

IMG_7124.JPG

(pretty sure the topping is caramel)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

On the topic of dessert, ice cream on warm pancakes is pretty awesome.

IMG_7124.JPG

(pretty sure the topping is caramel)

That looks super caloric and probably has like a ton of sugar. I could never eat that anyway.

You must do a lot of exercise to be able to have these things.

Just now, MoraMoria said:

That looks super caloric and probably has like a ton of sugar. I could never eat that anyway.

You must do a lot of exercise to be able to have these things.

Only a few times per year.

IMG_7539.JPG

• Like 1

@KGhaleon

Impressive. All the pictures you uploaded reminded me for a second of the ones they show in animes, because of how elaborate they make them.

Here's mine, don't feel bad for me, I actually like apples although there's better things out there.

Apple.jpg

It's funny bc in the USA, we regularly eat pancakes as a breakfast item. In other countries, they're seen as a rare-time dessert/delicacy bc they're so bad for you. Leave it to Americans to be shoveling desserts down their throats for breakfast on the regular lol.

That first one you posted there @KGhaleon looks more like a breakfast crepe than a pancake.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Phil said:

It's funny bc in the USA, we regularly eat pancakes as a breakfast item. In other countries, they're seen as a rare-time dessert/delicacy bc they're so bad for you. Leave it to Americans to be shoveling desserts down their throats for breakfast on the regular lol.

Yep. That and a food called waffles.

Where I'm from, which is outside of the US, waffles, like pancakes, can either be a breakfast, lunch, dinner, or fancy dessert snack food.:laugh:

Edited by musicboy

8 hours ago, Phil said:

That first one you posted there @KGhaleon looks more like a breakfast crepe than a pancake.

Possibly, most crepes I'm familiar with are usually wrapped.

Another simple dessert I've enjoyed are these choco bananas. Basically Banana on a stick. I haven't seen them sold in the US.

Usually covered in a layer of chocolate or other flavor with stuff sprinkled onto it.

IMG_7377.JPG

(and yeah, the chocolate ones make it look like you're eating turd to everyone that passes by and sees you)

15 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

Possibly, most crepes I'm familiar with are usually wrapped.

Another simple dessert I've enjoyed are these choco bananas. Basically Banana on a stick. I haven't seen them sold in the US.

Usually covered in a layer of chocolate or other flavor with stuff sprinkled onto it.

IMG_7377.JPG

(and yeah, the chocolate ones make it look like you're eating turd to everyone that passes by and sees you)

LOL looks like you're eating an action figure or something. Something about eating a miniature cowboy hat isn't very appetizing to me.

• Like 2

Those choco bananas look really good to eat. Something about it makes me believe, it's a south american dessert snack.

Edited by musicboy

On 5/8/2019 at 10:21 PM, musicboy said:

Something about it makes me believe, it's a south american dessert snack.

These things are in anime all the time. Especially when they need an underage girl to eat them in a provoking way :laugh: