The King of Hate Forums

Phil is leaving Machinima.

We don't have a ton of info so baseless speculation about what happened on this forum isn't a good idea. However, if Machinima de-monetizes all of his videos, I'm pretty sure DSP has to manually re-monetize every single one once he joins another partner network. Plus, he might not be getting managed status, and he might not get the same ad revenue... I would be silently panicking.

Edited by MoonRiver
  • Upvote 1

Seems quite sudden, but if Phil DID make the decision himself and Machimia didn't dump him, I guess he made the 'right' decision for him and his 'business'. 

I might no-longer be a fan of Phil, but I have no ill-will against him and hope his decision was the right one.

Edited by One
  • Upvote 1

No worries, my videos will be monetized and I'm getting into managed partnerships for all of my channels. Yeah, I'm going to end up taking a small pay cut (not even very significant but it SUCKS that it's now when all the other bullshit is already going on as well). I'll still be protected from Content ID matches and the copyright bullshit with Nintendo claiming vids, etc. I'm basically losing nothing but a small amount of money with this move.

I'll probably have to remonetize all of my videos, but YouTube apparently HAS A WAY to do them all now. Which I didn't know. But we'll see.

I'll give everyone full details once they're solidified in the next few days.

• Upvote 2
57 minutes ago, alex89 said:

That is interesting, how Machinima screw Phil?

He says in his Video that they found the Problem.

He spent 8 Years.

I'm curious Why he leave now.

Probably had enough of their bullshit. He could do better with another partner after they downed his earnings. 

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry but i feel Phil is really overreacting in this stream. The hate against him was more mainstream in 2013 and he got like, three offers when he said he would leave Machinima if they didn't give him the managed status. Also, if whatever new partnership gives him more free games, it's gonna make up somewhat for the lesser money that he makes.

Also, between his far worse back and the complete uncertainty of youtube, the possibility of Phil losing his home felt far higher in 2010, i just don't feel that fear right now.

Edited by onorub
47 minutes ago, StevieT said:

I'm getting the impression that Machinima dropped Phil. The managed partnership status was incredibly important to the DSPGaming channel so I don't so why Phil would give that up unless another network is offering it too. 

You keep telling yourself that.

Why do you have such a dodgy avatar?