The King of Hate Forums
Veera

grand strategy general

I´m not surprised no one replied :D

What do you play atm and whats your favorite?
I usually like the Paradox games but my number one is definitely  EU4 (besides the idiotic dlc politics)
Recently tried Stellaris but it some mechanics really turned me off.

Cheers

Stellaris and Crusader Kings 2 is the ones that I tend to gravitate to.  Paradox really nailed down the court intrigue elements and it's been a blast.  Some of the supernatural event components in the last couple updates/DLC has been "blah" but the game is five years old now so they're probably running out of features to add to it.

I'm currently learning about and watching streams of CK2. I bought it a long ass time ago during a steam sale and it was kinda overwhelming when I first launched it; RTS games are my favorite and I thought I could jump into this easily, I was wrong lol.

2 hours ago, Mair said:

I'm currently learning about and watching streams of CK2. I bought it a long ass time ago during a steam sale and it was kinda overwhelming when I first launched it; RTS games are my favorite and I thought I could jump into this easily, I was wrong lol.

Most grand strategy games have a large learning curve, especially for people that played a lot of normal strategy games. I have 345 hours in EU4 (made by the same people that made CK2) and sometimes I still discover new things. It also gets regular updates so there's always something new to find. There's a joke among the EU4 community that you haven't completed the tutorial until you've completed a world conquest run. That's surprisingly accurate lol

But yeah once you get the basics down, this kind of game can be really fun.

On 8/30/2017 at 7:58 AM, trvs said:

I´m not surprised no one replied :D

What do you play atm and whats your favorite?
I usually like the Paradox games but my number one is definitely  EU4 (besides the idiotic dlc politics)
Recently tried Stellaris but it some mechanics really turned me off.

Cheers

EU4 is my favourite but I play crusader kings 2 sometimes

I'm sad that the good old Westwood Studios times are gone. I come from the CnC:Generals era and I heavily binged on this game, both offline and online.

Recently, Act of Aggression tried to pick up the pace again but they failed horribly. Now the market is completely stagnant and Command and Conquer seems dead.

I don't see many modern warframe RTS which can hold a candle to Generals anymore after Generals 2 got scrapped because of Beta feedback. Sad times.