The King of Hate Forums

DSP's recent comments about NOT using Green Screen has me worried.

1 hour ago, FloydMayweather said:

Honestly who cares who is a sheep, does it change the answer to the question?

Will green screen like those above make DSP twitch streams more presentable and improve overall quality to new viewers? YES

Call me a sheep, kangaroo or a giraffe I don't give a shit! 

Your right it doesn't change the answer. I just felt compelled to address it. 

3 hours ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

He can't use the greenscreen! It's been explained plenty of times that it's too big. Plus there was no disaster.

It's fabric, he can easily just cut it down to a smaller size. I don't know why he bought such a big one anyway.

10 hours ago, Tehsmod3 said:

After last nights disaster, anyone still defending not using greenscreen?

How exactly would a green screen fix that? He'd still be blocking the text with his body. And how the hell do people find the above examples attractive. It looks like someone place an a small sticker on your screen.

This is how you should use greenscreen. In this example the "Facecam" fits the video player and is way more natural.

23 minutes ago, jwalker said:

How exactly would a green screen fix that? He'd still be blocking the text with his body. And how the hell do people find the above examples attractive. It looks like someone place an a small sticker on your screen.

This is how you should use greenscreen. In this example the "Facecam" fits the video player and is way more natural.

Its all preference my dude. Your example is cool too.

1 hour ago, jwalker said:

And how the hell do people find the above examples attractive. It looks like someone place an a small sticker on your screen.

Dude if you think the earlier examples are bad than you are out of your mind, those facecams are perfect match for what DSP is trying to do. This allows him to blend in the game easier thus making it presentable, this is what has become the norm this is what people want! That's why every single streamer on Twitch adopts this style.

They don't want the facecam to be bigger than the game, unless you're a booby streamer who wants her rack to be the center of attention and be the focal point of her stream, than okay you're right otherwise it makes no sense to use that video's example.

Edited by FloydMayweather
  • Upvote 2
16 hours ago, FloydMayweather said:

Dude if you think the earlier examples are bad than you are out of your mind, those facecams are perfect match for what DSP is trying to do. This allows him to blend in the game easier thus making it presentable, this is what has become the norm this is what people want! That's why every single streamer on Twitch adopts this style.

They don't want the facecam to be bigger than the game, unless you're a booby streamer who wants her rack to be the center of attention and be the focal point of her stream, than okay you're right otherwise it makes no sense to use that video's example.

I am not out of my mind thank you very much. I gave sound reasons why I find it looking unnatural. Your entire post here is saying he should use greenscreen because it's the norm.

3 hours ago, jwalker said:

I am not out of my mind thank you very much. I gave sound reasons why I find it looking unnatural. Your entire post here is saying he should use greenscreen because it's the norm.

There are no cons for using a greenscreen (especially if you already have one), you just need to take time to set it up. Its better for the viewer, we see more, look more professional, easier to setup position.

33 minutes ago, Tehsmod3 said:

There are no cons for using a greenscreen (especially if you already have one), you just need to take time to set it up. Its better for the viewer, we see more, look more professional, easier to setup position.

Not heard of cost?

People need to stop talking out of their butts.

The green screen I have is HUGE. Intended to be set up to make a wall. Not a small backdrop for someone sitting down. It won't fit in the office and there's no way to adjust it to fit.

The green screens people use right now work with an office chair setup, which I don't have. I sit on a loveseat. ALL of the mockups you've seen in this thread are false - you'd only be erasing the small blocks to my upper left and right, NOT the entire loveseat, out of the shot. Which I've explained, but people don't listen, at all.

And before anyone says "SO change your entire setup, and play ALL games at your PC desk using the monitors!:" it can't happen. There's no room there for consoles or anything else. My office was forcefully set up like it is due to its limitations (power sockets, the one wall that internet can come out of bc the other one doesn't work, and more) and because I have back issues. When I do marathons on the PC/in the PC chair, at the end of the day my back HURTS due to the lack of back support from an office chair. 

Moving my entire setup, rearranging my office, and risking physical harm to my injured back for the sake of two small squares of space above my shoulders isn't reasonable, logical or viable. It's stupid, it's insane, and NOBODY is going to be a "new viewer" to my streams or content because of it. You've gotten used to it from other streamers: great! So I guess you should watch other streamers for their transparent backgrounds and NOT because you like me, and my content better than theirs.

Two words: Grow up.

• Upvote 3
  • Phil locked this topic