The King of Hate Forums

Let's Debate/Discuss: DarkSydePhil

​trying to base your argument on an "ambiguous" reward is starting on the wrong foot.

promising something future is not a tos violation. sure id like to see the perks and rewards right away.

but a tos violation it is not. you know it, i know it, any argument based on that one line on the tos...its paper thin.

thats the reason the patreon people didnt close it down after so many reports (according to boondocks)

​But the point of Patreon is to take money in exchange for something.

There is no mention that he will have rewards in February even though those who are on the forums know it (which is most likely a small percentage of his fan base)

There should be ZERO money changing hands without any rewards as that is not what Patreon is for. That is donations for nothing and Phil has said he is STAUNCHLY against that practice. If you'd like quotes within 6 months of him saying this on video I'll be glad to supply them.

• Upvote 6
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

​KG these incomplete responses are not only disrespectful but make it hard for anyone to take you seriously. I honestly doubt that "haters" would donate $50 as a joke or to troll. It would be more re

​You know, for someone who's so quick to defend Phil against the "detractors", you almost always sound very negative. Listen, Phil is a grown man, he can fight his own battles without white knights li

​But the point of Patreon is to take money in exchange for something. There is no mention that he will have rewards in February even though those who are on the forums know it (which is most likely a

Phil should've planned ahead when starting up Patreon. A lot of people on Patreon have a basic idea of a reward system of how much they give/get every month. Phil hasn't done anything with his Patreon. If enough reports come in that he violates TOS of using Patreon, his account could be suspended/terminated.

• Upvote 3

There is no mention that he will have rewards in February even though those who are on the forums know it (which is most likely a small percentage of his fan base)

There should be ZERO money changing hands without any rewards as that is not what Patreon is for. That is donations for nothing and Phil has said he is STAUNCHLY against that practice. If you'd like quotes within 6 months of him saying this on video I'll be glad to supply them.

​please lets stay on subject: him violating tos.

there is no tos violation. you want to say he found a loopole in the tos? that he is exploiting it? thats debatable but a violation of tos it is not. if im wrong, his account will be shut down withing days (since he has been reported)

but it wont.

on the matter of going against his words, i agree 100%. he went back on his stance.

but phil could say "this is difficult times people and i ll be forced to accept donations. nothing i can do about it, you know i dont like this but only fools and morons dont change their minds and i am neither etc etc"

can you really blame him? well maybe you can but its doesnt seem morally wrong to adapt. after all he did adapt to card capture and nobody called him out on that one. they accepted the adaptation cause it was towards their taste.

anyway, you need to pick your battles better. this is exacktly what phil is saying. wild accusations about violations and in the end nothing. 

dpapi: i dont think you can hold him accountable for other peoples assumptions. in fact i m sure you cant.

Debating about a man, positively or negatively, who is so inconvenienced that he cannot possibly play videogames, and is outrageously hassled and stressed by the horrible ordeal, for an entire day (a whole day!) because someone is *repairing their toilet*, is pretty ridiculous.

It kinda speaks for itself.

• Upvote 2

there is no tos violation. you want to say he found a loopole in the tos? that he is exploiting it? thats debatable but a violation of tos it is not. if im wrong, his account will be shut down withing days (since he has been reported)

but it wont.

on the matter of going against his words, i agree 100%. he went back on his stance.

but phil could say "this is difficult times people and i ll be forced to accept donations. nothing i can do about it, you know i dont like this but only fools and morons dont change their minds and i am neither etc etc"

can you really blame him? well maybe you can but its doesnt seem morally wrong to adapt. after all he did adapt to card capture and nobody called him out on that one. they accepted the adaptation cause it was towards their taste.

anyway, you need to pick your battles better. this is exacktly what phil is saying. wild accusations about violations and in the end nothing. 

dpapi: i dont think you can hold him accountable for other peoples assumptions. in fact i m sure you cant.

Well these aren't assumptions but rather proof that DSP was violating Patreon's protocol if you look at what people like Fred, dpapi, and myself have posted.

but it wont.

​He said he would give rewards and he didnt you cant just pick and choose when to give rewards that is not how it works.Look at everyone else patreon. Why is it so hard for him to just pick shit to give as a reward it is not that hard. He keeps making excuses and he will never do it. 

Debating about a man, positively or negatively, who is so inconvenienced that he cannot possibly play videogames, and is outrageously hassled and stressed by the horrible ordeal, for an entire day (a whole day!) because someone is repairing their toilet, is pretty ridiculous.

​I don't think DSP is being stressed out, if he is it's time he either quits Youtube or seeks help from a health care professional because he shouldn't be making videos in that state.

The way you make it sound is ridiculous yes, but the truth of the matter is that's not the situation here.

Debating about a man, positively or negatively, who is so inconvenienced that he cannot possibly play videogames, and is outrageously hassled and stressed by the horrible ordeal, for an entire day (a whole day!) because someone is *repairing their toilet*, is pretty ridiculous.

​well there is no defending that, that was an obvious comfortable excuse.

but regarding the tos violation.

if i am right, his account will not be deleted (or forced to comply)

if you people are right, his account will be deleted (or at the very least forced to comply)

we ll see i guess.

​well there is no defending that, that was an obvious comfortable excuse.

but regarding the tos violation.

if i am right, his account will not be deleted (or forced to comply)

if you people are right, his account will be deleted (or at the very least forced to comply)

we ll see i guess.

​there still is one TOS that he might have broken. So someone could report that as well

Terms of service or not, you've still got an average of $5 per donor, that's 22 people giving you 5 times more money than the bare minimum.  You're within your right not to reward them for going above and beyond but I think it's a bit ungrateful to not at least try and come up with something.

Terms of service or not, you've still got an average of $5 per donor, that's 22 people giving you 5 times more money than the bare minimum.  You're within your right not to reward them for going above and beyond but I think it's a bit ungrateful to not at least try and come up with something.

my bad i read that wrong and i cant delete this post also $5 a month is not really above and beyond but he does need to think of something asap or people will leave.

What would be cool from the people asking for editing is if one of you could take a few parts of a playthrough and edit it like what you want to see.  Best way to show someone is with an example no?  :smile:

Maybe one of the perks for Patreon is that if you pay this amount of money you become DSP's primary editor. Responsible for taking his videos from the day and editing them in a nice fashion. xD

Or maybe have a weekly "Best Moments of DSP" video that highlights the best moments from the videos uploaded that week.  That would be cool.

What would be cool from the people asking for editing is if one of you could take a few parts of a playthrough and edit it like what you want to see.  Best way to show someone is with an example no?  :smile:

Maybe one of the perks for Patreon is that if you pay this amount of money you become DSP's primary editor. Responsible for taking his videos from the day and editing them in a nice fashion. xD

​Cool, but shouldn't he be paying me for that?

• Upvote 2

​He said he would give rewards and he didnt you cant just pick and choose when to give rewards that is not how it works.Look at everyone else patreon. Why is it so hard for him to just pick shit to give as a reward it is not that hard. He keeps making excuses and he will never do it. 

​Because he has nothing to give them. He could give them games, but he either gets them digitally or he trades them in for cash so that's not something he could give.

He really has nothing to give to his Patreons except for things he already does or already should have done. (Ask the King, but now supposed to be a Q&A, that's pretty conceited to have people pay to ask you questions as if you're some celebrity; Playing Minecraft which he could have done already, oh but now there's money involved so he'll sell out for that)

• Upvote 2

​Those edited playthroughs actually already exist under the name "This Is How You Don't Play [Insert Game]". Despite the fact that Phil considers them "HATE" montages, some people have managed to turn a lame playthrough into something magical by EDITING.

• Upvote 2

​You don't seem to understand what Patreon is. Patreon is not about financing projects like kickstarter where you get an end product in exchange for your financing. The idea behind Patreon is to allow fans to become patrons of their favorite artists/content creators in order to make it possible for them to keep creating content freely and the way they want to. That doesn't mean that content will become exclusive to patrons, it will stay available to the public like it already is in the case of youtubers and bloggers.

The creator has the option to thank his patrons with additional rewards which could be things like hangouts, pre-sell concert tickets and the like. Those rewards however not the central point of Patreon but rather a way to allow creators to give their supporters some perks as an extra incentive.

Here's a quote from Patreon's FAQ:

What are the benefits of Patreon for patrons?

• The warm fuzzy feeling that accompanies believing in someone enough to become a patron.
  • Being part of a community with your favorite creators from across the web on activity feeds including photos, videos, comments, Christopher Walken impersonations, etc.
  • Timely updates from creators as they are creating the things you love. Get the goods first!
  • Rewards from your favorite creators: This could be anything from pre-sell concert tickets, downloads, personal gifts, hangouts, or anything else they can offer as a way to thank you for your patronage.
  • Upvote 1

​You don't seem to understand what Patreon is. Patreon is not about financing projects like kickstarter where you get an end product in exchange for your financing. The idea behind Patreon is to allow fans to become patrons of their favorite artists/content creators in order to make it possible for them to keep creating content freely and the way they want to. That doesn't mean that content will become exclusive to patrons, it will stay available to the public like it already is in the case of youtubers and bloggers.

The creator has the option to thank his patrons with additional rewards which could be things like hangouts, pre-sell concert tickets and the like. Those rewards however not the central point of Patreon but rather a way to allow creators to give their supporters some perks as an extra incentive.

Here's a quote from Patreon's FAQ:​

The problem with Patreon and Phil right now isn't simply making content exclusive (which is already contradicting things Phil has said about programs like this in the past), the problem is that he is currently offering NOTHING and he will be violating the TOS if he keeps this up for at least a month. Phil really should have had some kind of plan ready with perks BEFORE he made the account. As of right now, it is strictly a donations page. 

• Upvote 1

There's a lot of issues with Phil, and honestly I think he could have been a half decent let's player, but unfortunately he has fallen way too far. The thing that bothers me the most about him by far is the fact that he constantly talks about his "haters" and how they are completely ruining his YouTube career. He's completely blind to the fact that there are thousands, LITERALLY thousands upon thousands of videos and comments and people that do not like him. He cannot put 2 and 2 together, the people that dislike him far outweigh the people who actually like him, and there's a reason for that. His commentary is empty, when he speaks it's just white noise. The sex jokes are overdone, anytime there is a female character that even has a LITTLE bit of cleavage showing he's just yelling, "TITTIES! TITTIES! COCKS! TITTIES! SEX! HAHA SEX IS FUNNY RIGHT GUYS????" He's in his early to mid thirties, and reminds me of your typical middle school student who still thinks drawing dicks on a piece of paper and handing it to a teacher is funny. Not to mention that he's just plain rude, he calls anyone who says anything that he doesn't agree with is a "troll" or a "hater" or a "misinformed idiot". Phil let's be honest here, no one is jealous of the fact that you play video games for a living, no one cares. The "They are just jealous of me!" argument is such a cop out. A lot of these people that criticize you want to see you grow as a YouTuber, but you refuse to accept your faults and mistakes. Only you can help yourself.

• Upvote 4

There's a lot of issues with Phil, and honestly I think he could have been a half decent let's player, but unfortunately he has fallen way too far. The thing that bothers me the most about him by far is the fact that he constantly talks about his "haters" and how they are completely ruining his YouTube career. He's completely blind to the fact that there are thousands, LITERALLY thousands upon thousands of videos and comments and people that do not like him. He cannot put 2 and 2 together, the people that dislike him far outweigh the people who actually like him, and there's a reason for that. His commentary is empty, when he speaks it's just white noise. The sex jokes are overdone, anytime there is a female character that even has a LITTLE bit of cleavage showing he's just yelling, "TITTIES! TITTIES! COCKS! TITTIES! SEX! HAHA SEX IS FUNNY RIGHT GUYS????" He's in his early to mid thirties, and reminds me of your typical middle school student who still thinks drawing dicks on a piece of paper and handing it to a teacher is funny. Not to mention that he's just plain rude, he calls anyone who says anything that he doesn't agree with is a "troll" or a "hater" or a "misinformed idiot". Phil let's be honest here, no one is jealous of the fact that you play video games for a living, no one cares. The "They are just jealous of me!" argument is such a cop out. A lot of these people that criticize you want to see you grow as a YouTuber, but you refuse to accept your faults and mistakes. Only you can help yourself.

​Oh come on! The sex jokes are the best part! http://youtu.be/wa_YheNBfLs

​There are more people that dislike him than watch his videos but he doesnt see that. Also his fans are hurting him more than the "haters". They talk shit nonstop on some of his videos there augments are stuff that phil says and it makes them look dumb. Also the sex stuff is so out of place if it was a game like GTA it would be fine it fits but not games like KH and games meant to be taken seriously. The jealousy thing is annoying for most people because no one really cares that he makes money on youtube that isnt the point of what we are saying. 

discussing phil, i cant forget the video about him complaining that john rambo got more positive attention than him in that project7 thing.

that was jaw dropping, to see a man complaining he doesnt get attention. multiple times on camera for everyone to see.

it was the moment i understood everything about phil and his childhood. in that video he bared all.

"its about me, not john rambo, talk about me"

its was like watching a child crying to his parents because he is not getting the attention it requires, he doesnt get hugged, cared for.

you can just imagine a childhood that would produce that result. darkness.

discussing phil, i cant forget the video about him complaining that john rambo got more positive attention than him in that project7 thing.

that was jaw dropping, to see a man complaining he doesnt get attention. multiple times on camera for everyone to see.

it was the moment i understood everything about phil and his childhood. in that video he bared all.

"its about me, not john rambo, talk about me"

its was like watching a child crying to his parents because he is not getting the attention it requires, he doesnt get hugged, cared for.

you can just imagine a childhood that would produce that result. darkness.

​For once your analogies are not too far out there and can be understood. I must ask though, what is it with you and darkness? You speak on it a lot

• Phil locked this topic