The King of Hate Forums
Johnarinthium

Who Else Digs Giant Robots?

i was thinking that yesterday while watching gundam reconguista

i d love to have one of those babys, its nuclear powered so i m guessing no refuelling needed for at least my lifetime. i wouldnt even need the weapons (well maybe the sword, to cut down pesky trees and hide it in somewhere)

cause i d have to hide it, every gov agency would be after the technology and would eventually find me, kill me and take it.

but if somehow i could keep it a secret, damn i d have a lot of fun with it, i d even empty out compartments designed for military use and use them as food storage so i could be away from home as much as possible.

if it had a sleep compartment, like those apachi helicopters have it would be the best, i could (theoretically) cruise the planet and have fun with it. best would be to have a radar jaming signal or i d be forced to fly at night and only at sea level. kinda bummer but still...better than nothing.

at night id just go into space and watch the earth from above and just chill. 

a mecha is the best gift.

its...bad. ok i ll have to be honest. its pretty bad.

the story is pretty mundane, the fights are appauling to look at (beetween gundam unicorn and those epicly animated scenes and gundam reconquista....there is just no comparison) i cant enjoy them, i cant see whats going on and there is simply no real tension, its like watching 2 8 year olds having a scuffle.

gundams look fake. the cockpit scenes are decent i guess but the outside scenes....god have mercy, outside the gundams look like outsourced to belgian kongo. its like they are aiming this series to 10-12 year olds.

i hope it picks up. 

Gundam is one of the few anime I wouldn't consider weaboo shit.

I've seen the giant 50ft gundam statue in Odaiba tokyo several times, it even lights up at night.

And E3 last year they also had a large robot on display at the nvidia booth, I think from Hawken.

Nuff Said.

http://multianime.com.mx/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Zone_of_the_Enders_-_The_2nd_Runner.jpg

​That was probably one of my favorite PS2 games.. and one of the funnier because they have a literal cockpit. XD
I thought that the story was good, as well as the characters. Did you ever play the remake?

​That was probably one of my favorite PS2 games.. and one of the funnier because they have a literal cockpit. XDI thought that the story was good, as well as the characters. Did you ever play the remake?

​I own the HD Collector's Edition <3

• Upvote 1

​I own the HD Collector's Edition <3

​I definitely love the HD Collector's Edition! =D Only complaint I had was that hte new intro had that whole cliche "show anime girl naked and spinning" thing.... I can't believe those words'd ever come out of my mouth in that order.
Anyway, it's great that they brought it out as a collection. It was another one of those underrated games that would definitely be deserving of a sequel, or at least re-imagining or sidestory on the PS4. 

I just want the series out of Kojima's fucking hands. That asshole has cock blocked us for over a fucking decade and blames the sales for not doing that great. Of course you shit head, you never advertised the series before unlike Metal Gear Solid.

• Upvote 1

Giant robots can be cool if done right.

For example: The Sentinels from Marvel Comics.  Fan favorites.

​I see your Sentinels and I raise you Wing Zero Custom from Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz.

YESSS

I love mecha.

Currently watching Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, fantastic action-packed Mecha anime.

​It's good but they royally fucked up at the end with what they did to half of the characters. No one expected that.

​It's good but they royally fucked up at the end with what they did to half of the characters. No one expected that.

​Same here.  But still Gurren Lagann is a badass giant robot.