The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Ask the King Ep. 65 - June 29, 2017

Please post up your questions for the next episode of Ask the King, scheduled for June 29, 2017, here! Thanks!

When you get married to pandalee will you be posting videos of the event to the king of hate vlogs?

Hi Phil hope all is well - posting this again since it wasn't answered in your April episode.

Question 1: What do you think of this as a patreon goal: a live meet-up with your fans e.g. a night at the movies or mall locally in Washington? I know other twitch streamers have offered this in the past as a way to thank their fans for their support.

Just thinking that this may probably be a great way to have some real life social interaction with the people that have been supporting you over the years. I also wouldn't mind if you would sign a few t-shirts and hats of yours for me that I got from Tee Spring :)

Question 2: What do you think of the detractors that are stealing your videos? Snort Burnell, FredFuchs, DavidDavidson etc steal your videos daily and upload it. I also heard that Snort Burnell actually receives money from Youtube from stealing your content. It's not right and I just wanted to know your thoughts about this topic.

Thanks for the time Phil

-Ismael

Would you ever consider playing the Spyro games? I think a lot of people would like to see that because you haven't played it before on your channel and personally I would love to see you play them because they were a big part of my childhood 

Edited by bwt56

Hi Phil, big fan, keep up the good work, content and positive attitude. I've been watching your videos since Shattered Dimensions; I remember the joke that you make about Beenox in part 1 and how I laughed so hard that I almost feel off my chair; that instantly got me hooked to all your channels. Honestly, I think you should become a comedian and/or register with a voice-over company like VoiceStarz and make some money with that. Also, if you want to, you could start selling some of your stuff, collectibles, games, accessories etc as I and probably many others would definitely love to buy them.

Anyway, I digressed (as you like to say). Here are my questions:

1) How long do you think you'll be doing YouTube, twitch, gaming etc and what are your plans after, when you're done with them or feel its time to move on?

2) How much would it cost in total to permanently fix your back, including the surgery and physiotherapy etc?

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Hi phil, big fan. On your vlog about machinima you mentioned how you believe in the value of hard work, as opposed to the CEO of machinima who grew up rich and therefore it's impossible he's a hard worker. Can you give us fans any tips on how to be a hard worker? Especially those of us who want to grow our youtube channels. Thanks man!

On ‎21‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 5:52 PM, Aqavio said:

Hi Phil, big fan, keep up the good work, content and positive attitude. I've been watching your videos since Shattered Dimensions; I remember the joke that you make about Beenox in part 1 and how I laughed so hard that I almost feel off my chair; that instantly got me hooked to all your channels. Honestly, I think you should become a comedian and/or register with a voice-over company like VoiceStarz and make some money with that. Also, if you want to, you could start selling some of your stuff, collectibles, games, accessories etc as I and probably many others would definitely love to buy them.

1) How long do you think you'll be doing YouTube, twitch, gaming etc and what are your plans after, when you're done with them or feel its time to move on?

2) How much would it cost in total to permanently fix your back, including the surgery and physiotherapy etc?

Cheers

I don't know how to edit but I have some advice for your financial problems. You could donate your blood between $20-50 per donation. You can also sign up for clinical trials which is not as bad or crazy as it sounds. Lastly, you could become a sperm donor or you could sell one of your testicles for $35000 which would pretty much solve all your debt and then they'll give you an artificial "ball":biggrin::laugh:. You might not be ok with those ideas nor be that desperate but you should consider it especially if you're not considering having kids with your fiancé

• Upvote 1

Hey Phil,

I really enjoy your streams. You are a great talker.  I want to know if you have any tips on streaming or talking to a camera.  I've tried it in the past and it just feels so weird for me. But when you make your pre-streams and video series, you look like a professional. How do you go for so long? Do you have any tips when talking to a camera? Thanks a lot love your series

-Ismael

Hey Phil,

Hope you remember me! It's Isaac Graham from Maryland

I've been watching your videos for years and love your series. Question I have is when are you going to get serious and get back to the fighting game scene? We miss you man. You know you are always welcome back in Maryland... You and that trash talk/hate that you carry hahaha

Hope all is well. Take care bro

P.S. - Looking forward to the next "qualifier's breakfast" <3

On ‎21‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 5:52 PM, Aqavio said:

Cheers

I really like this questions. Phil, please answer them as well as if you think buying a PS4 Pro is worth it or just going with the regular or slim? Thanks

Hey Phil,

As you're probably aware I've been a longtime fan for about 8 or so years. Last time I asked a question, it was about "The King of Hate Magazine". This time however I'd like to ask a question directly related to the community. I've realized that while you are focused on Twitch and Youtube right now, I don't think currently we are taking full advantage of what the Twitch platform and stream culture has to offer! I really believe that if we are to have positive growth as a community we should consider some easier, albeit necessary changes, that I'd like to list below and hear your thoughts on.

• A Twitch client server / Discord server
    This one would allow for voice chat amongst viewers (Though that's probably not a great idea), however the Twitch client does offer what I believe to be great functionality in regards to your stream, the streamchat, and some other features I think you should look into.
  • Community Events
    I have a thread around this idea but I'll go ahead and link it just in case you'd like a read through, as well as the post in a spoiler tag. 
    Spoiler

Hello there, you may or may not have met me in the chat or on Twitter now and then - I'd like to pose a few question / suggestions.

First and foremost know that I've been a fan for 7, to 8 years and have no ill intentions.

With that out of the way, let me begin by suggesting more community events. By this I mean fans who are on the auto-hosting list and willing to use that power to create and host game days with fans, and friends. For example:

Let's say that Phil isn't going to be streaming on Saturday. If that were the case I'd like to volunteer my stream time, and invite everyone to participate in silly party games, like Jackbox, Town of Salem, Board Game Online or even game specific events! I firmly believe this can / will bring something positive everyone can look forward to, at least once a week.

Another project I'm currently working on, and am in the process of completing - King of Hate Servers(with permission, of course!) 

Grand Theft Auto V PC Server (In progress. I would like to know if anyone is interested in this, and what you would like the server to be about) Minecraft Server (Not sure how many of you play Minecraft anymore - but I'm very interested in hearing about this idea)

P.S. - #YaCherdy4mod2017

That's all I'm currently working on. If you have any suggestions, please post them. I'm definitely open and willing to work alongside others to benefit and grow the community.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post, and consider my ideas.

- Zahvone

Lastly I'd just like to thank you for doing things like Autohosting fans on your Twitch channel, interacting with fans / friends, and above all staying true to yourself.

Sincerely,
         -Zahvone

Watching some of your older playthroughs, I found them to be much less PC with jokes that didn't shy away from sex jokes, gay jokes, ethnic jokes etc. While some find them crass and vulgar, some also found them to be funny and something completely different. What made you change your joke style in your Lets Plays? You make much less racist jokes, much less sexist jokes, what happened to cause such drastic changes to your commentary? Was it being in a long term relationship with Leanna that made you realize the sexist jokes were unjust? Was it a business move because of the TIHYDP's focusing on that humor in their "slandering".

What, when, and why did you change your commentary style to have less potty humor and to try and focus more on being tame and conservative with the commentary on your lets plays?

Just listened to the hate live videos, were you gave your version of the events around the managed partnership debacle, my question is if you knew the contract offered to you was not valid due to kogaming's channel not being written into the contract, why did you continue to proceed with trying to become a managed partner with this mcn? Still a fan just sounded odd that you would do that.

Hey Phil,

Just the other day I went and saw the latest Marvel film Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Once again Marvel has proven themselves to be capable at making better films than the ones DC has done since Man of Steel in 2013. So far I haven't enjoyed any of their movies and after watching Suicide Squad last year, I'm just no longer excited for the upcoming Wonder Woman film, as well Justice League or any of their other upcoming projects. At this point I'd rather just stick to watching the Marvel films instead, since they've done a much better job with their characters as well as their overall cinematic universe, unlike the executives at DC who are just trying to play "catch up" with their own universe. Why do you think DC isn't doing so well compared to Marvel and if you had to, what advice would you give them to help improve their films?

I'm really happy to see that you brought Hate Live back and I'm excited for your upcoming playthroughs. Keep up the good work.

• Upvote 1

Dear DSPGaming:
I know you've had your own website so I wanted to ask what you did to get your website cuz I've wanted to make my own website for everyone to view.
Also I was wondering if I could meet you on my birthday cuz you are the first youtuber I ever saw and it's been my dream to meet a famous youtuber.

Thax, Poolking221 a.k.a Simon Weir

Hello Phil, I hope you are doing well.

I have two questions:

1) DLC: Now when a developer announces DLC before the game is released or during the first few weeks/months of release, people get angry. Why is that? Because even if DLC is announced in the middle or late lifespan of the game, it is bound to happen. I think it guarantees that a game is still getting support.

2) Your comments have been quite harsh in regards to many superhero films/characters (such as Wonder Woman, Bane, Ultron, Loki, Doomsday, Lex Luthor etc.) for not following what the comic books/source material say. However, you mentioned you loved the Lord of the Rings films despite them not including everything from the books. My question is would it be more fair that the films get reviewed on their own objective manner? Not everything can be translated well to films (example: yellow spandex suits in X-Men)

Thank you very much for your years of entertainment :) and best of luck!!

My question/suggestion is have you considered reaching out to a company like Cyberpower or iBuyPower for sponsorship?

I wouldn't know where to start either, but they're some of the bigger PC building companies, and they do sponsor twitch streamers, Since you're established on youtube and twitch you may have a decent chance of getting a new PC from one of them, probably just requiring banner ads, and/or a short "This Review was edited on a PC given to me from X company, Check them out" before your reviews and other edited content.
http://blog.cyberpowerpc.com/cyberpower-streamers/

Their Base Ryzen 7 system is actually reasonable at $999+, just needs a few tweaks to get the most for the money otherwise, they also have a monthly payment plan, let me know on twitter @LordStreetguru should you ever need assistance with figuring out a new PC situation. For their company it's less than $2000 for probably years of advertising through you to a sizable audience, sounds easily worth it to me.
https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/AMD-Ryzen-7-Configurator

ibuypower most likely has a similar deals as well.
-

-

Below is a PC build list for whenever you get around to upgrading, you don't gain much if any per core performance, but you do get more cores for streaming. Basically you can give 4 cores/8 threads to a game, and 4 cores/8 threads to OBS, or you could buy a secondary PC at some point, and just hook up a capture card to it, or to your old PC to have a dedicated streaming box for OBS, though one machine is just simpler.

Assuming your business improves, these are the main parts you'd want to look for, R7 1700 + 32GBs of RAM(overkill), though AMD's GPUs are impossible to buy atm. the RX 580/GTX 1060 6GB are good for 1080p high/ultra in AAA games, RX 580 being the better buy overall IMO.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZDt82R

You only really need a better PC if you wanted to stream Quake Champions or any other PC exclusives naturally or just wanted better game quality compared to consoles, Quake Champions will never come to consoles since you just can't play it with a controller, it's why overwatch is different to the PC version.

Question 1: Are you excited about Metroid Prime 4 that was announced @Nintendo's E3 conference?

Question 2: Just curious, But do you prefer Waffles to Bagels, or maybe Flapjacks to Pancakes?

Question 3: And Last: Aside to already rage quitting several games, do you plan on rage quitting anymore later this year or the next?

Edited by dn_angel000

Hey Phil, I was curious to know your take on the new Alien prequel series. A lot of fans, including me, think Ridley Scott has no idea what he is doing right now since basically most of the things from the original Alien seem to be pushed aside or retconned.

Phil, I was wondering with you playing both Danganronpa 1&2 recently what you think of it so far? Also, if you plan on playing the whole series, after Danganronpa 2 is not 3. After 2 it's a separate 3rd person shooter game about Makoto's little sister called Danganronpa Another Episode. It can be played either pre or post Danganronpa 2. It's short and different but it really begins to help you understand the story in its entirety. After that is Danganronpa 3 which comes out soon. Thanks Phil and keep up the great work!

Edited by AustinAnderson
Left out important details

I saw a video addressing the "YouTube ad apocalypse" and in response to people claiming they were going to leave the site because they're making less money he said that they are not welcome here. He basically argued that YouTube is supposed to be a platform for a hobby and passionate creators instead of big business and that any money from ad revenue should be considered as a bonus for making content.

My question is where do you think the line is drawn between doing what you love and making money?

Edited by Nich2440

On 6/19/2017 at 8:20 PM, AustinAnderson said:

Phil, I was wondering with you playing both Danganronpa 1&2 recently what you think of it so far? Also, if you plan on playing the whole series, after Danganronpa 2 is not 3. After 2 it's a separate 3rd person shooter game about Makoto's little sister called Danganronpa Another Episode. It can be played either pre or post Danganronpa 2. It's short and different but it really begins to help you understand the story in its entirety. After that is Danganronpa 3 which comes out soon. Thanks Phil and keep up the great work!

It should be noted that Danganronpa 3 is an entire anime season of 20 something episodes. Danganronpa V3 the game is unrelated to the first 2 games. And for good reason why its an anime and not a third game instead to conclude the story..

Hi Phil, in regards to the groups that you dislike do you genuinely believe that a majoritynof them and all the detractors in general are people who are sociopathic and want to harm you in real life? Or just the somgle individuals with loud mouths? I can believe someone out there does.. But the entire group of people?

I wanted to know if you genuinely believe this or if its just something you said in the heat of the moment.. Much like when you rage in your gameplay videos. Because for me.. It is sometimes difficult to tell when you genuinely mean what you say or not.. Like when you rage at developers or Nintendo.

To clarify I am not arguing about whether or not they are sociopathic or out to get you.. Only asking if you truly and genuinely believe that they are.

Thats all. And as always good luck my dude

Edited by RichterTryhard