The King of Hate Forums

We can't get carried away as fans and not talk about this.

As a avid DSP watcher I feel like it's my responsibility to make sure DSP is in good health. I'm not a patreon so I can't ask him this in a ATK but He is in his mid 30s and because his day consists of playing games 5-6 hours a day sometimes I worry about his heart and the rest of his fitness.

Working out (Actually lifting weights and doing cardio) improves your quality of life, and with all the research/data reduces rate of cancer by 50%, diabetes.by 70%, lowers cardiovascular disease and even slows down osteoporosis. I don't even want to get started on the benefits it has on joint mobility.

Going to the gym is one of the best things I've ever done, awesome stress relief. If DSP can add this to his lifestyle he can experience these awesome benefits too.

Edited by FloydMayweather

Well he has issues with his back so some exercise can be really bad for him especially weight-lifting so don't know why you'd recommend that! :huh:

There's more and more studies nowadays which are saying exercise can be bad for you actually.

Edited by ThatDogGuy
  • Upvote 1

I don't think by lifting some weights and doing light exercise is the wrong idea here. I'm not saying Phil should go start benching serious weights or working that intense. Just a small light weights and cardio stuff. 

For the record: I regularly test myself when it comes to cardio and the like. I'm still well able to have a strenuous/busy day and don't get lightheaded and/or get shortness of breath. Do I have set workout times? No, but I also don't just sit around all day long like a LOT of people who stream far more than me.

If you look at the stories of the recent "full time streamers" who either died or came close to death (one needed a major heart bypass), it was because they literally just sat around ALL DAY (8+ hours or more without movement) and that was their lifestyle: sitting. All day long. 

I take breaks to move around for that purpose. I don't stream more than a few hours at a time, for that purpose (24 hour streams are literal insanity and should be seen as the equivalent of trying to kill yourself). I stay hydrated on purpose. And now I'm taking an entire day off from all of that, once a week, ON PURPOSE.

I'm also not gaining weight, or feeling tired/out of shape etc. These guys who died or nearly died? They ignored crazy warning signs of illness. Like sharp pains in the chest/arms, numbness, and more. They wanted to ignore the telltale signs of heart disease just to keep making more money. Not that I blame them if it meant paying the bills, but if you're having serious signs of a heart attack, you should probably realize what you're doing isn't a good idea, even if you're paying the bills doing it.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Phil said:

For the record: I regularly test myself when it comes to cardio and the like. I'm still well able to have a strenuous/busy day and don't get lightheaded and/or get shortness of breath. Do I have set workout times? No, but I also don't just sit around all day long like a LOT of people who stream far more than me.

If you look at the stories of the recent "full time streamers" who either died or came close to death (one needed a major heart bypass), it was because they literally just sat around ALL DAY (8+ hours or more without movement) and that was their lifestyle: sitting. All day long. 

I take breaks to move around for that purpose. I don't stream more than a few hours at a time, for that purpose (24 hour streams are literal insanity and should be seen as the equivalent of trying to kill yourself). I stay hydrated on purpose. And now I'm taking an entire day off from all of that, once a week, ON PURPOSE.

I'm also not gaining weight, or feeling tired/out of shape etc. These guys who died or nearly died? They ignored crazy warning signs of illness. Like sharp pains in the chest/arms, numbness, and more. They wanted to ignore the telltale signs of heart disease just to keep making more money. Not that I blame them if it meant paying the bills, but if you're having serious signs of a heart attack, you should probably realize what you're doing isn't a good idea, even if you're paying the bills doing it.

glad to hear you're doing okay :)

29 minutes ago, Phil said:

Saying it's the "equivalent of trying to kill yourself" is pretty hyperbolic. I do 1 24 hour marathon per year and while it's rough for my old ass it's not that bad. If you're doing it frequently then sure, but 24 hours once in awhile isn't that harsh.

I agree that streamers need a better understanding of just how important it is to take care of yourself... and I say that as someone who's out of shape and not exercising. It's crazy seeing these relatively younger folks dying from this but a lot of folks feel, rightfully so, that if they aren't streaming a lot they'll lose a significant chunk of their viewers/income. 

On 4/30/2017 at 7:15 AM, VertigoTeaparty said:

Saying it's the "equivalent of trying to kill yourself" is pretty hyperbolic. I do 1 24 hour marathon per year and while it's rough for my old ass it's not that bad. If you're doing it frequently then sure, but 24 hours once in awhile isn't that harsh.

Do some research, marathon running is especially bad for your heart and there's studies which show if you run more than four miles a day you're damaging your health. 

3 hours ago, ThatDogGuy said:

Do some research, marathon running is especially bad for your heart and there's studies which show if you run more than four miles a day you're damaging your health. 

I think he meant streaming dude lol, not running. Anyway 24hr streaming will damage ur health thats for sure. Just not dieing, unless ur health is alrdy in bad shape.

• Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, Chachamaru said:

I think he meant streaming dude lol, not running. Anyway 24hr streaming will damage ur health thats for sure. Just not dieing, unless ur health is alrdy in bad shape.

If you take care of your health (eating/sleeping/exercising), a 1 24 hour stream a year won't do any harm at all. 6am-6am the next day is doable for anybody who isn't fat ass lol. The full time streamers who died that DSP is talking about were already half way to the morgue because they didn't take care of their at all with the steps I mentioned. 

So I wouldn't recommend it for anybody really, unless you are prepared to be fucked up the next day lol.

Edited by FloydMayweather
  • Upvote 1