The King of Hate Forums

Ragequitting Scarface... again

So you quit playing it cause the game is a piece of shit, worst game ever? Guess what, this supposed to be a worst games marathon, that was the point... to play this game. And according to you, it is bad. Not to mention patrons played for this in advance.

What a terrible  5 and a half hour "marathon".

But for something positive, now you can make a shirt with a "I ragequitted Scarface, Twice" slogen.

Edited by Tehsmod3
  • Upvote 3

As a patron at the time (I voted for scarface) I am not upset that dsp didn't finish this, as I understood from the start that since he was only playing the game for a couple of hours it was likely he wouldn't finish it.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Rena said:

It was a fun hour to watch. Though I kinda wish he played more since it was, you know, a worst games marathon.. >.>

yeah i know..... him quitting Scarface kinda defeating the marathon's purpose.

1 hour ago, Aceman said:

That marathon was shit. Revo 60 was boring. Scarface was unfishable.  Ride to hell was okay but still boring. 

All in all this whole marathon was a dud. 

i hope Phil will try harder next time

26 minutes ago, Amityville said:

Why did you watch then? Lol

cause he probably hoped it would get better

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Amityville said:

Why did you watch then? Lol

20 mins of each segment was enough. Didn't watch the whole thing. Should have just played Ride to hell for the whole thing tbh.

Edited by Aceman
15 hours ago, Tehsmod3 said:

So you quit playing it cause the game is a piece of shit, worst game ever? Guess what, this supposed to be a worst games marathon, that was the point... to play this game. And according to you, it is bad. Not to mention patrons played for this in advance.

What a terrible  5 and a half hour "marathon".

But for something positive, now you can make a shirt with a "I ragequitted Scarface, Twice" slogen.

Okay, I'll bite.

I didn't pick the games for this marathon, Patrons did. Therefore, the quality of the marathon was dependent on the games selected. I EVEN WARNED the Patrons in the nominations thread that Scarface would be a horrible idea, because it still required grinding to do anything productive, and there was no way I would finish the game in 2 hours during a marathon. People STILL nominated it and voted for it, resulting in the dud that was the Scarface segment. YES, it was a waste of time, and that's what the Patrons knowingly voted for: they got what they wanted.

So, any complaint you have is invalid. Why? Because you're not a Patron. You're just a crybaby. And a TERRIBLE troll. The marathon started at noon and ended after 7:30pm; "what a terrible 5 and a half hour marathon" just shows what an idiot you are, because you can't tell time.

The Patrons didn't "pay for anything" in advance except the ability to nominate and vote on a game to be played for 1-2 hours during this marathon. They got exactly what they paid for against my personal wishes. So not only is your complaint completely invalid, it's illogical. 

I can now make a shirt that says "Scarface the Video Game is a Piece of Shit." Because it is.

So I checked your forum account, and it's a sock account for - guess what? - SOMEONE WHO WAS ALREADY BANNED FOR BEING A TROLL! 

Good riddance.

12 hours ago, WOOF! said:

As a patron at the time (I voted for scarface) I am not upset that dsp didn't finish this, as I understood from the start that since he was only playing the game for a couple of hours it was likely he wouldn't finish it.

Yes, because you're a logical, intelligent, reasonable human being who understood what the event was about. Thank you for that!

8 hours ago, Aceman said:

That marathon was shit. Revo 60 was boring. Scarface was unfishable.  Ride to hell was okay but still boring. 

All in all this whole marathon was a dud. 

And yet, you're not a Patron, so you didn't nominate nor vote on the games. Your complaint is in valid, as this marathon was for them.

7 hours ago, BlonderSTS said:

yeah i know..... him quitting Scarface kinda defeating the marathon's purpose.

Uuuuh....what?

The marathon was to play 3 "Bad" games in a consecutive amount of time. Not to focus on beating Scarface. That was never promised, and therefore it didn't happen. People voted for the game to see me rage more, and they go that. Please attach a logical thought to your statements here from now on.

6 hours ago, Chachamaru said:

I find it funny that he actually likes ride to hell and thinks its a better game compared to scarface.

It is. The game has variety, story, and hilarious glitches that make the "grindy" shooting stages not so bad. It moves fast and is always interesting. Scarface has segments where you're required to grind for giant chunks (2-4 hours sometimes) to "unlock" the next part of the game that's actually interesting. It's exactly the same as Mafia III was, only Mafia III's grinding was nowhere near as bad, and EVERYONE panned that game. So nice try, but Scarface will always suck ass. 

6 hours ago, Amityville said:

Well, he's not the only person to think that.

Correct. People in stream chat watching me play Scarface laughed for about 20 minutes of rage, then wanted me to move on. They acknowledged the game was shit and that it wasn't going to ever get finished. OH WAIT, a large group of idiot trolls showed up to talk shit for about an hour, then proceeded to soil themselves when I quit the game again. Good thing I didn't make this marathon event for them!

SO yeah. All in all, Ride to Hell saved the marathon and the other two games were an utter waste of time.

• Upvote 3

Don't get mad at me, I nominated Drake of the 99 Dragons, Altered Beast(I like the game but it's very short and over the top cheesy and I know some people do not like this game) and Rambo: The Video Game! I did spearhead the Danganronpa playthrough so you win some, you lose some. Can't get em all.

Scarface could have been good if given more of a chance and if Phil tested the controls the night prior when he wasn't streaming Saturday night and maybe do an impromptu stream to set up the camera etc but I don't know if he needed the time that Saturday night to take care of personal business. Revolution 60 was a dud pick though but Ride to Hell wasn't bad at all by Phil.

Edited by Blackspawn89
  • Upvote 1
14 hours ago, Phil said:

And yet, you're not a Patron, so you didn't nominate nor vote on the games. Your complaint is in valid, as this marathon was for them.

You sure about that buddy? 

Edited by Aceman
  • Upvote 5

I played Scarface a lot back in the day, it is rather grindy in the money aspect. Not a fan of the circle minigame for obtaining drugs and such either. It's something I wish they did away with since it's reliant on timing. 

I did notice that a lack of banking money though in the playthrough. Banking money is key otherwise it's all lost upon death and I think that's what started derailing the playthrough a bit. Saving and reloading a lot is kinda necessary for this game if you're doing a playthrough sadly. Making money fast though, I tended to kill Gomez's guys in North and South Beach for quick cash (they usually had 100k+ per group) and reloaded a save if I died. Just some money making methods I used to use.

• Upvote 1