The King of Hate Forums

Hate Live should be more focused

I'm watching the podcast, and I noticed an entire segment is about what games he's gonna play in the coming weeks. I think you can find more interesting stuff to talk about, especially considering this sort of talk is always covered in the week in preview, and also sometimes in the pre-streams. Plus, hearing what games someone is going to play in the future isn't very exiting.

I would suggest, if you can't find more interesting topics, then either increase the length of the other topics, or make the podcast shorter.

Edited by YEE
  • Upvote 2

I'm all for politics talk. Since when did DSP shy away from something out of fear for backlash? He gets backlash every day about something. People here always make politics out to be some SUPER SCARY controversial thing that you can never talk about unless you're "informed", when in reality, 90% of Youtuber's talking about politics are uninformed, 99% of people consuming politics are uninformed. No one gives a fuck if you're uninformed, they only care about your conclusions and political stances.

Edited by YEE
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, YEE said:

Since when did DSP shy away from something out of fear for backlash?

Religion

2 hours ago, Chachamaru said:

No politics. U cant half assed abt that stuff or u ll get backlash.

Just talk abt what viewers ask and less WIP stuffs.

I agree, politics should be a topic left to those who understand it. On the podcast, phil should talk about gaming related topics, since he's a gameplay youtuber. He should invite other youtubers to participate on his podcast (like h3h3 or baited) and discuss games or youtube in general.

10 minutes ago, SockofMagic said:

Religion

I agree, politics should be a topic left to those who understand it. On the podcast, phil should talk about gaming related topics, since he's a gameplay youtuber. He should invite other youtubers to participate on his podcast (like h3h3 or baited) and discuss games or youtube in general.

So people shouldn't talk about politics if they aren't an expert in that area? Then why would you ask him to talk about video games?

haha

• Upvote 4

Bring back callers, discord is a great way of doing it since you can control it much easier and doesn't have a limit for how many people can be in a call. Though it does help for him to have a script so it can be more focused

I agree that Discord can work and it'll benefit best for call-in segments. (You don't have to download Discord to use it, in fact, you can use a browser instead.)

Whatever Phil has read regarding Discord leaking IPs is complete misinformation and should only be taken with a grain of salt. A ton of content creators use Discord to connect to their fans. (Even Patreon is able to award Discord rewards to patrons, if that helps Discord's credibility.) It's even safe for streaming, because it has a "Streamer Mode" that hides any and all sensitive information while streaming. (It's on by default) He should definitely look more into Discord, because it's useful in a lot of ways.

Edited by Rena
  • Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, ThatDogGuy said:

Why?

Ppl Told him discord is good

dsp: dunno what that is

Ppl told him 'insert various infos and benefits here'

dsp: i dunno how to do it

Ppl told him how to do it in detail

dsp: i dont have the time to do research to do it myself. Maybe next yr during jan or feb or someone make it for me.

thats the summerised version of it. But if u think i summerised wrong or misunderstand feel free to search for the old thread. Its during him having trouble with money streaming on youtube b4 moving to twitch. Might be in suggestion forums.

Ppl Told him discord is good

dsp: dunno what that is

Ppl told him 'insert various infos and benefits here'

dsp: i dunno how to do it

Ppl told him how to do it in detail

dsp: i dont have the time to do research to do it myself. Maybe next yr during jan or feb or someone make it for me.

thats the summerised version of it. But if u think i summerised wrong or misunderstand feel free to search for the old thread. Its during him having trouble with money streaming on youtube b4 moving to twitch. Might be in suggestion forums.

Gettin a bit cheeky about Phil aren't ya.

Edited by Amityville
6 minutes ago, Amityville said:

Based on your usual criticism of Phil I'd say you just assumed he wouldn't be able to do it. Phil's well aware how to use a PC if you did any research do don't make baseless assumptions to back up your motives.

I did not assume he couldnt do it. Its easy and ppl alrdy explained it for him. He just wont do it.

But if u think i make baseless assumptions, go check out the thread. Take ur own advice. If u did any research u would know this and wouldnt need to argue with me or lash out to every criticism phil gets like a moron.

My assumptions and criticism regarding nier automata was right, but all u ever did was parroting other ppl or lashing out at ppl. So pls, do some research.

• Upvote 1

If u did any research u would know this and wouldnt need to argue with me or lash out to every criticism phil gets like a moron.

Oi, there's no need for that, pal. If you want to insult me personally take it to PM's.

Edited by Amityville
  • Upvote 1

idk why dsp is talking about politics when he said its divisive and he could lose viewers because of it.  i think he could talk about politics but if he isnt sure it would pan out then maybe he shouldnt do it.  DSP didnt even vote for a president.why would i take his opinion seriously.

11 hours ago, BunlordKleo said:

idk why dsp is talking about politics when he said its divisive and he could lose viewers because of it.  i think he could talk about politics but if he isnt sure it would pan out then maybe he shouldnt do it.  DSP didnt even vote for a president.why would i take his opinion seriously.

Having actually listenend to the show. I can't say he came with any controversial political statements. Just some issues like healthcare and economy. He said he wasn't partisan. so it is not the most divisive statements. Only what most people can agree on with what is wrong in USA. 
Not participating in a election can be a strong political statement in and of itself. Abstaining from an election can mean that you have no faith in the current political system. So not voting does not disqualify you from having a political opinion. 

This being my first hate live. I thought it was pretty interesting. Some topics where maybe more interesting then others. But I would have to say; It kept what it promised.
The unfortunate events that happened during the show was not anything Phil could control. And I have to laugh of the people that thought he faked it, because of the timing. 
Some people have a unprecedented distrust in everything he does. 
Like with the MCN thing. I have to admit he could have averted the whole Punjabi MCN bullshit because when people can't write a decent contract the first time. They should not get a second chance. And most certainly not a third. 
The guy he talked with was probably somebody with good intentions. And just had too big ambitions and kept more then he could promise. 
I kind of exposed the amateurish concept of the Laverida people though. If you're having people signing up to your label through other brands. That is not the way to do it. 
Simply because if he could make contracts on their behalf. That never even mentions them. My guess is that it is fraudulent and illegal. 
Them going on a podcast pretending to be outraged over the things the DSP trolls told them, is just the most ridiculous thing ever. 
They should only have done a formal apology to DSP for their incredible bad business practice... 

But I digress from the topic. I think the show was just fine. Only thing that was missing was human interaction. I like listening to phil. But he needs to talk to some other people. It will bolster his own image.  Today people can claim that he is to big of a pussy to talk to anyone in person.  Because it actually would seem like it. 
To that I can say. It is more a legitimate wish not to be trolled by assholes. 
However there is a simple solution. Make it like a perk for his followers. 

Yes and  he can totally use a VPN If he is afraid of leaking his IP address. 

On 5/16/2017 at 4:50 AM, BrightSideViking said:

Having actually listenend to the show. I can't say he came with any controversial political statements. Just some issues like healthcare and economy. He said he wasn't partisan. so it is not the most divisive statements. Only what most people can agree on with what is wrong in USA. 
Not participating in a election can be a strong political statement in and of itself. Abstaining from an election can mean that you have no faith in the current political system. So not voting does not disqualify you from having a political opinion. 

This being my first hate live. I thought it was pretty interesting. Some topics where maybe more interesting then others. But I would have to say; It kept what it promised.
The unfortunate events that happened during the show was not anything Phil could control. And I have to laugh of the people that thought he faked it, because of the timing. 
Some people have a unprecedented distrust in everything he does. 
Like with the MCN thing. I have to admit he could have averted the whole Punjabi MCN bullshit because when people can't write a decent contract the first time. They should not get a second chance. And most certainly not a third. 
The guy he talked with was probably somebody with good intentions. And just had too big ambitions and kept more then he could promise. 
I kind of exposed the amateurish concept of the Laverida people though. If you're having people signing up to your label through other brands. That is not the way to do it. 
Simply because if he could make contracts on their behalf. That never even mentions them. My guess is that it is fraudulent and illegal. 
Them going on a podcast pretending to be outraged over the things the DSP trolls told them, is just the most ridiculous thing ever. 
They should only have done a formal apology to DSP for their incredible bad business practice... 

But I digress from the topic. I think the show was just fine. Only thing that was missing was human interaction. I like listening to phil. But he needs to talk to some other people. It will bolster his own image.  Today people can claim that he is to big of a pussy to talk to anyone in person.  Because it actually would seem like it. 
To that I can say. It is more a legitimate wish not to be trolled by assholes. 
However there is a simple solution. Make it like a perk for his followers. 

Yes and  he can totally use a VPN If he is afraid of leaking his IP address. 

But DSP gave them a second chance he kept telling them to rewrite and they did then said even in the podcast he signed the contract. And laveria isnt the first company to use affiliate networks to partner. Curse has the affiliate "union for gamers" and so on. But thats subjective i guess. Them going on a podcast doesnt discredit them. And they said it wasnt based on what the detractors sent them. They said they did research on their own and didnt like how much negative press he would bring. Yea you can say "the detractors being negative dicks scared them away" but they have their right to do that. this isnt a new business practice. Its been done to people before. 

They should apologize to dsp? Why? Because they didnt want to sign dsp? Come on bsv that sounds ridiculous. DSP didnt have to do business to them. If i saw that contract it would have ended there. But dsp didnt and kept going so at some point its not laveria's fault that dsp decided to do business with them. Its like i give you a terrible contract and you willingly signed it after reading it then yelling at me because you signed it. 

If dsp is afraid to get trolled he can always hang up on the caller and leave it at that or just laugh at it. He doesnt have to go on an attack all the time etc. thats why people troll him. They troll him because he goes on these small tangents.