The King of Hate Forums

Youtube ads work differently in certain times of the day?

Sometimes i spend a few minutes watching ads on Phil's videos because i can't and don't want to give him money directly, and i noticed that ads work certain ways in different hours. In some hours, ads won't play at all, in some ads will play once in a while, and sometimes ads will play every time i start a video.

This might be specific to my country, but has anyone else noticed this? Is there specific material about it?

You're 100% correct. YouTube only has a limited amount of ads to play, and depending on the time of day, the type of video, your demographics (at least, the info you entered into YouTube when you registered)/location, you will see differing ads. 

It's MOSTLY determined by your location. For example, if you live outside of the USA, you're probably not going to see an advertisement for a movie that releases Friday in the USA but not for several weeks in your country. Or you won't see an advertisement for a fast food chain that only operates in the USA. And in some countries, certain kinds of advertisements aren't allowed. So there's tons of factors involved. At any given time, you could watch a video you've already watched and get a completely different viewing experience out of it depending on what ads are currently available, based on your data and YouTube's "algorithm" for what kind of ad should be associated with what kind of video/viewer.

On ‎25‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 8:13 PM, onorub said:

Sometimes i spend a few minutes watching ads on Phil's videos because i can't and don't want to give him money directly, and i noticed that ads work certain ways in different hours. In some hours, ads won't play at all, in some ads will play once in a while, and sometimes ads will play every time i start a video.

This might be specific to my country, but has anyone else noticed this? Is there specific material about it?

Same here.

17 hours ago, skysands2008 said:

I love it when I use a proxy and watch ads on YT. You'll get ads dependong on your country lol

Yeah, actually, I never thought about that. Using a proxy you can probably see tons of ads from outside of your own country.