The King of Hate Forums

CIVILIZED Debate About DSP

​I'm sorry I'm not 12-16 so I tend to like my racist jokes funny and witty then stupid and unfunny, like people said to me it's quality > quantity. Phil does go over the line like the examples I stated, doing fake chinese accents is a-ok but Phil overuses it again Sleeping Dogs playthrough, to the point where again I want to mute the video or tape his mouth shut, or not the watch the video at ALL. Boy you sure are getting defensive..

​^ This is honestly well-said, Cloned isn't the one getting angry over it, you are.

There's an abundance of Phil's racism and it's to the point of relying on shock value to wow his audience so that's bad.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't believe I'm having to talk about this so long after he left, but Phil needs to stop talking about Twitch streamers like he knows what they do. He has NEVER watched a twitch stream, not one. Wh

Hardcore's been restricted from posting for a bit and hopefully when he comes back he learns to not antagonize and derail further. We'll see what happens.

Can I respond to the "racist humor" stuff? Because I do see people bring it up often and I'd like to address it. I am not racist nor do I judge anyone based on physical appearance, mannerism or sex C

Posted Images

I got a question for Phil.. What IF a muslim was streaming Cs:go or any other Team FPS and he was saying how the other team were like the americans on 9/11, scared and weak[!!!BEFORE ANYONE SHOVES A PITCHFORK UP MY REAR, ONLY USING THIS AS A EXAMPLE!!!], would you be offended by it?

​No

But if I did ever get offended about something they said or did I'd probably tell them to eat shit and then I'd stop watching their content.

​I'm sorry I'm not 12-16 so I tend to like my racist jokes funny and witty then stupid and unfunny, like people said to me it's quality > quantity. Phil does go over the line like the examples I stated, doing fake chinese accents is a-ok but Phil overuses it again Sleeping Dogs playthrough, to the point where again I want to mute the video or tape his mouth shut, or not the watch the video at ALL. Boy you sure are getting defensive..

​Again, being that you aren't 12-16 you're too old for the videos.  You aren't the target audience with comments and "jokes" like that.  It's probably just a good idea to stop them altogether though; it doesn't set a good example for kids.

• Upvote 1

​Then he is not for you, its simple.

I don't think Phil will like that you guys continued to talk about the racial humor he uses after he went to the trouble of explaining that he's not a racist. You should probably stop doing it.

That being said, I agree with those saying he tends to go to far with the racial and sexual humor, to the point where it's annoying rather than funny. It's the "if I say it enough someone will laugh" mentality. He drives a joke into the ground before he tries another one. If the joke wasn't funny the first time, it won't be funny the tenth time.

I don't think Phil will like that you guys continued to talk about the racial humor he uses after he went to the trouble of explaining that he's not a racist. You should probably stop doing it.

That being said, I agree with those saying he tends to go to far with the racial and sexual humor, to the point where it's annoying rather than funny. It's the "if I say it enough someone will laugh" mentality. He drives a joke into the ground before he tries another one. If the joke wasn't funny the first time, it won't be funny the tenth time.

​ok he said he isnt racist we dont have to believe him. I never thought he was really that racist just a tad. 

​Then he is not for you, its simple.

​Do you actually have anything to add to this debate/discussion or are you just going to keep saying small, irrelevant remarks?

I have to agree that while I sometimes find racist/stereotypical jokes funny, it is not funny when all I hear is "CHINGY CHANG WANG OH SO CHINESE!" or "I'll be sending you back over the border" or "I must kill all the Jews!" 500x then it becomes something akin to PewDiePie when all he would scream about is chairs and rape, it's maybe funny the first few times, but back to back, over and over, is not at all funny.

That being said, I agree with those saying he tends to go to far with the racial and sexual humor, to the point where it's annoying rather than funny. It's the "if I say it enough someone will laugh" mentality. He drives a joke into the ground before he tries another one. If the joke wasn't funny the first time, it won't be funny the tenth time.​

The reason why we're talking about it is because not only is this the only criticism Phil has directly responded to so far in this thread (or the one Mashinka derailed), but it's also clear that Phil doesn't understand what exactly people are saying when they're criticizing his racist humor. No one here is saying that he is genuinely racist or sexist, it's simply a problem with HOW his humor is handled. These are types of humor that you have to be careful with for it to work, and Phil misses the mark more times than not with that kind of humor.

• Upvote 1

​Do you actually have anything to add to this debate/discussion or are you just going to keep saying small, irrelevant remarks?

I have to agree that while I sometimes find racist/stereotypical jokes funny, it is not funny when all I hear is "CHINGY CHANG WANG OH SO CHINESE!" or "I'll be sending you back over the border" or "I must kill all the Jews!" 500x then it becomes something akin to PewDiePie when all he would scream about is chairs and rape, it's maybe funny the first few times, but back to back, over and over, is not at all funny.

​This is really a subjective, rather than an objective, manner. You may not like those jokes but others do.

How about you guys criticize things that are OBJECTIVE? Such as "DSP not coming to streams on time".

​This is really a subjective, rather than an objective, manner. You may not like those jokes but others do.

How about you guys criticize things that are OBJECTIVE? Such as "DSP not coming to streams on time".

​You mean like the several points that we have made on every thread that got locked? No thanks, I don't feel like wasting anymore of my time sounding like a broken record, but if you would like to then go right ahead. :)

​Oh okay hes just a tad racist.

I think you mean casually racist.

​that probably is a better word for it.

​so phils falling popularity has nothing to do with stuff like that rightttt. It is true most people dont like that kind of comedy its not funny and out of place and more people feel that way then dont and if he wants to become more popular he needs to start looking at the majority.

​that probably is a better word for it.

​so phils falling popularity has nothing to do with stuff like that rightttt. It is true most people dont like that kind of comedy its not funny and out of place and more people feel that way then dont and if he wants to become more popular he needs to start looking at the majority.

​I wouldn't say racist jokes are what drives people away if they were done every so often with a fair amount of time in between I'd say it's more of just when Phil does tell one it drags on for minutes or even a few episodes before he finally drops it 

i believe what phil is saying here is

"my expertise is low-low brow comedy, toilet humor, racial stuff, yelling "BOOBIES" "ASS!" etc on the screen, "git er dan" type stuff. dont like it? dont watch it."

there is obviously a crowd for this type of stuff and he can get away with it (for the most part, bliptv's boot got him good though)

imagine going "in china they say ching chon chan chin chen chon" in a live audience. crickets.

but even online he has limitations. he is smart. he doesnt do black "jokes". he knows what kind of trouble awaits him.

he targets safe minorities. the ones that dont have a powerfull enough voice to hurt him through the net.

Phil's racist jokes come in a form that stops being funny when you reach puberty. Instead of spewing stereotypes, maybe he could put a little thought into the joke, especially jokes which have such a potential to cause offence. 

​Or maybe just not do those kind of jokes at all.  That would be the sensible grown up option.

​Or maybe just not do those kind of jokes at all.  That would be the sensible grown up option.

​Then what's left for Phil to say? Stating the obvious? Because he might as well have no commentary in his playthrough videos at all. Which would probably not be a bad idea at this point given that outside of those kinds of jokes, his commentary is not all that entertaining IMHO. 

​Then what's left for Phil to say? Stating the obvious? Because he might as well have no commentary in his playthrough videos at all. Which would probably not be a bad idea at this point given that outside of those kinds of jokes, his commentary is not all that entertaining IMHO. 

​See and this where he could actually interact with the chat about things besides the game he plays, this would make the stream chat less of a personal walkthrough and more of a COMMUNITY and more of FANS than CUSTOMERS. You can not just treat the chat as your own personal walkthough as that's what FAQs are for on different gaming websites, they are also not your customers as you are not giving them any sort of product, they are your fans and should be treated as such.

Oh and that's another thing, getting all pissed off at the stream chat for talking about things other than you is completely selfish and if you want to grow then you need to remember that people want to have conversations with others because they enjoy being a community and silencing people because they didn't want to talk about you 24/7 is just taking away from the social activity that people enjoy.

​Pretty much. Even as I type this post, I've got the REmake stream on in the background just for the hell of it, and I have to say--this has easily been some of the most bland, unsubstantial, "let's-just-point-out-everything-that's-happening-on-screen" commentary I've ever heard. Granted, this game isn't exactly the most exciting thing around, but his commentary doesn't add any spice to it. "Here's an item." "What's over here?" "What do I do with this?" *reading notes and on-screen text out loud* Like I probably mentioned in another thread, it's essentially him narrating the game to a blind person.

Going non-commentary with his playthroughs in the future could be an option, but I wouldn't know how he'd make his content stand out from others' since there's so many non-comm game channels as it is.

• Upvote 1

I don't believe Phil is a racist but I will agree to tone down the racial humor every time theres character of a different race on screen. Am I telling him to stop doing that? No but the way Phil overdoes it is too much for most people.

One more thing, I know fans hate it when a detractor brings up stuff years back but the Sleeping Dogs playthrough was unbearable with all racist jokes Phil kept making. 

I don't believe Phil is a racist but I will agree to tone down the racial humor every time theres character of a different race on screen. Am I telling him to stop doing that? No but the way Phil overdoes it is too much for most people.

One more thing, I know fans hate it when a detractor brings up stuff years back but the Sleeping Dogs playthrough was unbearable with all racist jokes Phil kept making. ​

Bringing up stuff from years back would only be an issue if it was something Phil apologized for or changed. For instance, it wouldn't make sense to criticize him for using a camcorder to capture his gameplay since he doesn't do that anymore. 

Just a recommendation for this thread: I feel that we should move onto a different topic since I feel we've said everything that needs to be said about Phil and racial humor (a lot of points are starting to get repeated). Remember, this is a thread to discuss Phil as a whole, not a "Is Phil racist?" thread. 

I feel that for the sake of the health of these forums, the current trend of Phil making long, borderline inflammatory posts and subsequently either deleting responses that he doesn't like or closing threads outright needs to be addressed.

Phil is essentially being allowed to re-write history on these forums as he sees fit.

In the Resident Evil thread, opinions and screenshots are labeled as "ridiculous attacks/misinformation" and Phil ends the post with "grow up" once again. Nearly an entire page of posts that were in direct response to Phil's tone and poor, defensive attitude, were then completely deleted and replaced with a second post by Phil that presented what he calls evidence of his own statements. This post comes AFTER the deletion of everyone else's argument or opinion.

He's not just ignoring everyone else and what they think. He's actively removing differing views from the forum so readers would be none the wiser. It's ridiculously unhealthy for a forum to exist where any posting effort can be deleted without a second thought at the whim of one person. It's even worse when these deleted posts are in response and in rebuttal to something Phil has directly brought up.

Insulting and baiting other posters, deleting their responses, and then stopping the conversation entirely up is NOT a way to run a forum.

• Upvote 1