The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Ask the King Ep. 66 - August 24, 2017

Please post up your questions here for the next episode of Ask the King, scheduled for August 24, 2017. Thanks!

Hey Phil, this may have been asked before but do you think violent video games lead to behavioral problems in kids, every so often a school,mall,movie theaters shootings etc. Occurs the media alway's inserts that the individual played a lot of GTA,COD and or violent video games, DO you really think video games are the cause for violent actions in kids or teens?

Hello Phil,

I've been following you since your Web of Shadows play through  back in 2008 (mad how time flies by). However, throughout my time watching your content I've not once seen you give a game a 10/10 score. My question is what does a game need to have in order for you to give a game a 10/10 score? (I.e. Does it need to be absolutely perfect/flawless in your opinion?)

Many thanks for the years of great content,

Lord-Lamb

Hello Phil,

MDC here.  I know it has been a while since I posted a question on your Ask the King Thread, but there is this one particular question I had in mind for you.

I know you're a huge fan of comic book characters like the X-Men, Batman, Superman, Spider-man, the Fantastic 4, and so forth.  Throughout your career, you have showcased impressive knowledge of the characters and their source material, at times.  Have you ever considered in making an attempt to get back into reading comics?

On the previous Ask the king, someone brought up the topic of PC. I would like to know in your opinion, why do you think there's a uprising of an PC/social justice culture? I honestly see it pointless at best but unnecessary at worse and it's one of the things in own modern times that I turn a blind eye to and has not able to relate with people. Thanks.

Hey Phil,

I don't know if anyone ask this. I remember first watching the original series of Pokemon in 1999 when i was about 9 years old and like it and to this day, I still like it. What got me excited was there theme song for it. 

Here is my long question for you. I was wondering have you ever seen the original series of Pokemon, new series, and the movies? Do you have a favorite episode that you like, favorite Pokemon that you like, and in your opinion, what made Pokemon so popular as we know it today? Keep up the great work and never give up. Thanks

tylersimba

Edited by tylersimba

Hello Phil, 

For the past years, we have seen Marvel diverting from the X-Men and F4 characters in videogames (MvC Infinite for example), comic books and even theme parks (that only have Avengers and Spiderman)  due to the movie rights being sold to FOX and Marvel does not want to provide free advertisement for them. Do you think that Marvel's moves are legitimate, from a business standpoint? If FOX works with Marvel like how Sony worked with Marvel for Spiderman (Captain America:Civil War & Spiderman: Homecoming), would the situation not be better?

A pleasant day or night or whatever your timezone is right now Phil, I'm Daniel aka Redemption Gaming from your previous episode of Ask the King, when you did a portion about reviews and putting it to scale. My question right now, and this question has been lingering in my head, since you are a fan of X-Men and the X-Men lore, would you consider playing a game based off of the X-Men, which is aptly named "X-Men Legends 2: Rise of Apocalypse"?

Hey Phil, love the playthroughs, keep it up. I have loads of questions so just pick the ones you like. If you can answer all that'll be great, thanks:

1. How much would it cost in total to permanently fix your back, including the surgery and physiotherapy etc, if it is possible?

2. Why don't you take public transport(buses, trains) in Washington? Is there a problem with them? I remember back when you wanted to get rid of your BMW and when you and Leanna were sharing the car, you didn't even consider those options?

3. What will be the things you'd do if you were POTUS?

4. How are your neighbours? Annoying, loud, hot:biggrin:?

5. Will you leave YouTube and Twitch if you were offered a job with an annual salary of between $100,000-200,000? The condition for the job is that you can ever record gaming videos again because you won't have the time.

6. What was the shitty game you were forced to play in Project 7?

Thanks again

Hi Phil ( ^ ^)/ .

SO! since you've been revisiting the first two dark souls games in form of redemption runs cause you felt the original playthroughs weren't 100% legit, are there other playthroughs you might want to revisit in the future?

on that regard, Resident Evil 1 HD Remaster comes to mind, since which you accidentally played on easy cause capcom screwed up the difficulty selection screen  (see https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/826292-resident-evil-hd-remaster/71061357 )

Also, how do you feel about the playthroughs of those games you were particuraly bad at? have you considered taking the challenge and playing those games again, considering many people might really want you to play some of those games again?

another question!

what are your thoughts on the recent fight between angryjoeshow and his fans? I think this is yet another case of excess of "tough love" : fans see their "idol" make a questionable decision ( in AJ's case, switching from his usual reviews to cheap trailer reaction videos) and, as an attempt to warn him that that decision might lead to a loss of popularity due to sellout content, they cross the thin line between constructive criticism and fanboy hysteria.

Edited by kill-chan

Hi Phil,

You use a scoring system in your reviews..

My question is.. Why?

What do you believe makes scoring a game valuable when people should really pay more attention to the content of review rather than a score. 

I have been seeing a shift in reviewers dropping score numbering to better inform the consumer and keep them from only focusing on a number arbitrarily since they wouldn't read the review and would base the number off thier own scale.. Which would make the score meaningless.

Metacritic has amplified this issue with consumers all over focusing on numbers as the end all be all of these products of artistic works. Causing a ripple of others problems for all of consumers themselves, developers, publishers, and reviewers. 

So yeah. Why score a game when it could just have a conclusional sentence that intelligently informs the consumer checking out the quality of a game from thier chosen reviewers opinion?

Do you like to drive? I actually enjoying driving I just hate the stupid people on the road either going to slow or driving with high beams on at night. What do u do to calm down your nerves when u see awful drivers on the road? Also what cars have you driven over the years? My first car was a Mazda 626 piece of trash car the broke down so often that I had to stop driving it. The car I drive now is an Infinity G35x. An amazing car and no issues with it yet. Just want to know your experiences with cars and driving.

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 5:07 PM, AlucardViDracul said:

Do you like to drive? I actually enjoying driving I just hate the stupid people on the road either going to slow or driving with high beams on at night. What do u do to calm down your nerves when u see awful drivers on the road? Also what cars have you driven over the years? My first car was a Mazda 626 piece of trash car the broke down so often that I had to stop driving it. The car I drive now is an Infinity G35x. An amazing car and no issues with it yet. Just want to know your experiences with cars and driving.

LOL!!!  I think all drivers hate the stupid people on the road. 

• Upvote 1

Hello Phil.

Did you know that your good 'ol buddy, 'ol pal (haha) Mitch Dyer is a writer for Star Wars Battlefront II? What is your opinion on that? I would love to hear your thoughts about this.

"Reviews are about opinions, not facts." - Mitch Dyer.

Thank you and keep up the good job.

Edited by Danielswe

Hello Phil.

This is my second question. If you didn't know, Gamescom, which is like E3, but in Europe, so it's like E4 (European Electronic Entertainment Expo.) I am wondering if you will cover it.

Most of, if not all, of the big companies should be attending (PlayStation said that they might attend.) The dates for Gamescom are 22nd of August to 26th of August, so this Ask the King episode is in the middle of the event and there will be live streams and announcements taking place from the 20th of August.

Thank you and keep up the good job.

Edited by Danielswe

Why do less gaming companies do free to all demos/betas for public consumption? I bought games like NiOh and Overwatch in the past year because of each game's company having the faith and courage to put their essential final product out there for digest. It shows good will to the consumer to give them a brief taste of why they should get this game and it shows they aren't here to hide anything. When Bethesda got up on their 1st ever E3 stage, they had the balls to tell the world why they think Doom is a must have for anyone and everyone by making the 1st entire level free and that got a purchase out of me for example. You would think with so many years of hard work and dedication put into a game that a company/publisher would have faith in their development team(s) to offer up an appetizer for the consumer.

Is it a matter of companies not having the faith in their product to if at all make it a closed beta or to not offer a demo at all? Is it meant as a marketing ploy ala Destiny 2 or Street Fighter V to encourage preorders? I simply see no drawback to not having a majority of games that come out these days to have some sort of demo or timed trial and it seems like this generation of gaming has cut back more and more on this which is a shame IMO.

Edited by Blackspawn89

Questions For The Awesome King DarksydePhil To Answer.

1. Phil, Who Is Your Favorite 80s Action Star/Hero? 

2. Phil, What Is Your Favorite Game Show on TV? I'd Go Family Feud, Steve Harvey Is Hilarious. 

3. Phil, What WWE Superstar Would You Want To Turn Heel Outta Nowhere And Shockingly Shock Everyone? Shinsuke Nakamura, Sami Zayn, John Cena, Rhyno, Roderick Strong, or Kassius Ohno?

4. Phil, I Was Wondering Do You Know The FBE/Fine Brothers Entertainment? And Would You Be On YouTubers React? I Would Love To See You Be In A Episode of FBE. 

Edited by Derichloveslemur