The King of Hate Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BunlordKleo

so about persona 5

since he got all the strikes cleared up does that mean he can unprivate persona 5?  i dont get why rockstar gets to be unprivate and will return to rockstar playthroughs but persona 5 cant be unrpivated and returned to. 

The difference is that Atlus's was legit, but a mistake, while both of Rockstar's strikes were false. Phil knows he has no risk with Rockstar games while Atlus is still currently up in the air with how they're handling playthroughs and such.

4 hours ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

The difference is that Atlus's was legit, but a mistake, while both of Rockstar's strikes were false. Phil knows he has no risk with Rockstar games while Atlus is still currently up in the air with how they're handling playthroughs and such.

Yea but he has a contact with atlus and he doesnt have 2 strikes right now. So i dont see why he cant return to persona 5. If anything he could at least just stream it on twitch only. He gets a lot of cheers during P5. 

4 minutes ago, BunlordKleo said:

Yea but he has a contact with atlus and he doesnt have 2 strikes right now. So i dont see why he cant return to persona 5. If anything he could at least just stream it on twitch only. He gets a lot of cheers during P5. 

Yeah, I guess you got a point, especially with all those cheer wars xD

It's a JRPG game with tons of dialogue that he has to read and it doesn't command the views games like Dark Souls or COD do. I can't see Phil doing it, the interest just won't be there sadly.

Phil seems adamant on no more JRPGs or Visual Novels since they don't get the big views since there are too many close minded people who come to his channel sadly.

Edited by Blackspawn89

3 hours ago, Blackspawn89 said:

It's a JRPG game with tons of dialogue that he has to read and it doesn't command the views games like Dark Souls or COD do. I can't see Phil doing it, the interest just won't be there sadly.

Phil seems adamant on no more JRPGs or Visual Novels since they don't get the big views since there are too many close minded people who come to his channel sadly.

id agree but P5 has been pulling in more cheers than his normal streams when he isnt asking for people to be more generous or when drama hits.

2 hours ago, Blackspawn89 said:

Is Persona 5 dead for DSP given he's considering to do either a 2nd run of Nier Automata? It's been weeks since the Atlus Copyright strikes.

Last I heard he is done with Atlus games period. He says be cannot risk any future strikes regardless if they are false or not because its happened to him one too many times from Atlus.

So RIP P5. Or anything Atlus in general.

Fuck this company to be honest, they really showed themselves to be fucking unprofessional by threatening Phil with copyright strikes. I'm never playing their games, not that I ever liked the look of them anyways. 

It's my GOTY, followed closely by Nier automata and he didn't finish either of them. You know he likely wouldn't finish Persona anyway because of Atlas Japan so what's the point?
It'll be funny though if he tries to rate these games at the end of the year.

11 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

It's my GOTY, followed closely by Nier automata and he didn't finish either of them. You know he likely wouldn't finish Persona anyway because of Atlas Japan so what's the point?

I too enjoyed P5 and Nier Automata. However my GOTY so far is Yakuza 0m though that very well may change with Sonic Mania and CupHead. I am currently playing the FF12 remaster (always sas my favorite FF).

Hopefully he doesn't rate the games.. As I think most can agree thats unfair.. Though I guess he can rate them as impressions and not reviews; without a score.

14 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

Well, since they threatened his business he can say it was a good game but give it 0/10.

3 hours ago, ThatDogGuy said:

Well, since they threatened his business he can say it was a good game but give it 0/10.

But why? Would a score even mean anything since the issue has nothing to do with the game itself? And instead the issues are things outside that surround the game? 

That wouldn't be a good video IMO. A review/impression should always be about the game itself and made to inform the consumer whether its worth buying. Nothing more, nothing less.

If he gives it an actual score after saying he liked the game and that it was good and that score is a 0... It doesn't match what he said making the score meaningless...

Its like when you read those revies that praise positively about a game with more pros than cons but it's a 4 for some reason. Confusing the consumer and making the review useless.

I personally dislike Tetsuya Nomura (creator of Kingdom Hearts) , i think he is arrogant and thinks his stories are deeper than they actually are. Howevwr I love all of his games. I wouldn't dock points just because I dislike the creator. 

You can seperate the creator from the creation. Tho some people can't.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RichterTryhard said:

I personally dislike Tetsuya Nomura (creator of Kingdom Hearts) , i think he is arrogant and thinks his stories are deeper than they actually are. Howevwr I love all of his games. I wouldn't dock points just because I dislike the creator. 

Amen to that, I hate the way he/square enix dragged the story out over the different KH titles over different platforms, just to squeeze extra money out of the KH fanboy/girls, they set the template for the terrible practice game companies use now of taking parts of the main story and selling it via dlc to gamers.

My question is, does Phil plan to finish it for his own enjoyment, or maybe stream w/o saving to Twitch/YT? Because it really is a great game, with an amazing plot twist/ending. Even if he can't make money off of it, it's a $50-60 experience that's well worth it.

Edited by Ceeneon

2 hours ago, Ceeneon said:

My question is, does Phil plan to finish it for his own enjoyment, or maybe stream w/o saving to Twitch/YT? Because it really is a great game, with an amazing plot twist/ending. Even if he can't make money off of it, it's a $50-60 experience that's well worth it.

Let me put it this way: eventually maybe I will. I have a PSP that can remote play, so at night I could potentially play the game for a few hours before sleep. Right now I have no plans to, but if Atlus still doesn't shape up and there's really no potential for me to ever finish the game, I May just play it that way.

3 hours ago, Phil said:

Let me put it this way: eventually maybe I will. I have a PSP that can remote play, so at night I could potentially play the game for a few hours before sleep. Right now I have no plans to, but if Atlus still doesn't shape up and there's really no potential for me to ever finish the game, I May just play it that way.

You mean your Vita right?

And "potentially" nothing is going to change with Atlus here.. Especially now that they are under Sega. Like its not as if they will be making a new announcement about thier guidelines about the game.

And it was indeed a flase strike you received.. Like every Atlus strike so far. 

Whether its someone new thinking they are doing thier job or a fool not following rules the risk you were playing under before is the same risk you would be playing under again.

AtlusUSA seems to understand fine how things should work.. But its not like communications with different countries between localization studios and the main company is gonna "shape up".. AtlusUSA doesnt have that kind of authority to just overturn these guidelines. 

did he ever make it to the point where you find out who the murderer is? That whole string of events is pretty tight.

The final calling card was epic.

Just now, KGhaleon said:

did he ever make it to the point where you find out who the murderer is? That whole string of events is pretty tight.

The last thing he saw dealt with Haru's dad's change of heart.

1 minute ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

The last thing he saw dealt with Haru's dad's change of heart.

I see.
If I recall after that you get one more dungeon, then you hit huge plot exposition until the end of the game with the last two dungeons.

I kinda want to play through the game again one of these days to fight the secret boss, but even on NG+ it would take forever.