The King of Hate Forums
Ohcomeon

The SoK are being exposed on other sites.

Jesus, reading the Encyclopedia Dramatica page, these people really do need help. I knew from their "interview" with Vidar that they were blatant liars ("We've NEVER defamed DSP!" Even though they've admitted where, when, and how! You can't make this shit up), but this puts it into a new perspective.

I think 'cult' is more appropriate than ever a characterization. They can do no harm, they have a charismatic liar figurehead, they're quick to disown one of their own, they cannot own up to any criticism, and so on, and they dox people, and so forth, and they circlejerk over their own stalkerish habits, and so it goes.

Then there's us DSP fans, regular human beings coming into his streams who enjoy his content and want to support it. And we have to worry about these self-righteous nutjobs inserting themselves and their infantile egos into our existence?

• Upvote 2

The SOK have always liked to exaggerate details or nitpick the most irrelevant things about Phil's life. In much the same way I feel like the SOK haters look for the most pointless things to "expose" them on. Honestly everyone is being immature.

Enjoy your life and let Fred and co. waste their lives on dumb shit. Let's move on.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, thatanonymouse said:

Jesus, reading the Encyclopedia Dramatica page, these people really do need help. I knew from their "interview" with Vidar that they were blatant liars ("We've NEVER defamed DSP!" Even though they've admitted where, when, and how! You can't make this shit up), but this puts it into a new perspective.

I think 'cult' is more appropriate than ever a characterization. They can do no harm, they have a charismatic liar figurehead, they're quick to disown one of their own, they cannot own up to any criticism, and so on, and they dox people, and so forth, and they circlejerk over their own stalkerish habits, and so it goes.

Then there's us DSP fans, regular human beings coming into his streams who enjoy his content and want to support it. And we have to worry about these self-righteous nutjobs inserting themselves and their infantile egos into our existence?

You have to admit that Vidar going to these groups is kinda stupid, don't you think? The whole thing was stupid on both sides. It's very much like when Sammy Samosa "debated" with the SoK twice. It's just fuckin stupid.

At the very least KG was smart enough to not stoop to their levels.

Edited by Mikleo

I don't know how aware you all are of the actions and comments made by bith supporters of Phil and those don't but there are exyreme behaviors on both ends.. Niether side is worst than the other from what I have seen users do. 

And its a cycle that perpetuates itself back and forth woth each side trying to hit harder than last time.. And keep in my mind its honestly only done byna very small select few who make the entire group look bad for everybody on both ends. 

The generalized statements just aren't accurate imo.

• Upvote 1

This is fred Fuchs reacting to all the drama going on at the moment, they criticize phil when he doesn't address being called out but they think it's okay to do it themselves, also have to love that they post pictures of forum messages by phil but none of them have the balls to call out this forum, isn't that interesting? 

I don't really care all that much about the sok or what they do, I just thought it was funny seeing them get a taste of their own medicine. 

IMG_2619.JPG

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, RichterTryhard said:

I don't know how aware you all are of the actions and comments made by bith supporters of Phil and those don't but there are exyreme behaviors on both ends.

The generalized statements just aren't accurate imo.

The difference being there's no legitimate organization or entity that opposes the SoK. Maybe you can point to little a pair of people here and there, but it's like pointing to a couple of Jewish Germans n the 1940s who think all Nazis should be killed and then making it out that "well there's extremes on both ends!"

So how isn't 'there's extremes on both sides!' not just as reductive, generalized, and inaccurate as any other statement on this matter? It wholly misrepresents the ability of each end to reciprocate and escalate the situation..

7 hours ago, Mikleo said:

You have to admit that Vidar going to these groups is kinda stupid, don't you think? The whole thing was stupid on both sides

Vidar legitimately flagged their channel, Twitch saw the report and acted on it, and then SoK blamed Vidar for taking down their channel instead of Twitch. One was in the right, the other was in the wrong. After all, being the target of deception and deceiving others aren't equally reprehensible.

Riding the fence and going "yea, well, both sides!" is ultimately stupider than anything Vidar's ever done.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, thatanonymouse said:

The difference being there's no legitimate organization or entity that opposes the SoK. Maybe you can point to little a pair of people here and there, but it's like pointing to a couple of Jewish Germans n the 1940s who think all Nazis should be killed and then making it out that "well there's extremes on both ends!"

So how isn't 'there's extremes on both sides!' not just as reductive, generalized, and inaccurate as any other statement on this matter? It wholly misrepresents the ability of each end to reciprocate and escalate the situation..

Vidar legitimately flagged their channel, Twitch saw the report and acted on it, and then SoK blamed Vidar for taking down their channel instead of Twitch. One was in the right, the other was in the wrong. After all, being the target of deception and deceiving others aren't equally reprehensible.

Riding the fence and going "yea, well, both sides!" is ultimately stupider than anything Vidar's ever done.

I was simply saying I have seen bad apples behave poorly on both ends.. It was just an observation I have made since being a part of this community.

Apologies if it looked likee Iwas generalizing. Not my intention. I just don't see the populace of people surrounding Phil to be bad people :/

And maybe that makes me naive... But i am just speakingb from experience.. Not some kind of research.

Sorry if I seem ignorant on the manner my dude:/

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RichterTryhard said:

I was simply saying I have seen bad apples behave poorly on both ends.. It was just an observation I have made since being a part of this community.

Apologies if it looked likee Iwas generalizing. Not my intention. I just don't see the populace of people surrounding Phil to be bad people :/

And maybe that makes me naive... But i am just speakingb from experience.. Not some kind of research.

Sorry if I seem ignorant on the manner my dude:/

It's fine, I tend to use a harsher tone than I intend to employ, but I agree with your sentiment. This "both sides have bad people" rhetoric is the sort of thing fred and his dorks use to absolve themselves, that's all :P

3 hours ago, thatanonymouse said:

It's fine, I tend to use a harsher tone than I intend to employ, but I agree with your sentiment. This "both sides have bad people" rhetoric is the sort of thing fred and his dorks use to absolve themselves, that's all :P

I see. And thats true in many situations where people try to play off any guilt or responsibility. 

6 hours ago, thatanonymouse said:

You're missing the point here. Why bother interacting with these people if its just gonna end up making you look dumb in the end? If these people want to stream on twitch, let them.

Why bother going after these people if phil said himself that he does not condone people doing so. It's litterally a waste of time and people like Vidar don't just stop at the SoK.

Like I said, stupid on both sides. Just let the SoK and these other groups kill themselves off, like they are now atm.

Edited by Mikleo

1 hour ago, Mikleo said:

You're missing the point here. Why bother interacting with these people if its just gonna end up making you look dumb in the end? If these people want to stream on twitch, let them.

Why bother going after these people if phil said himself that he does not condone people doing so. It's litterally a waste of time and people like Vidar don't just stop at the SoK.

Like I said, stupid on both sides. Just let the SoK and these other groups kill themselves off, like they are now atm.

No one can kill off a group by themselves and I don't think anyone would care all that much to even bother, Vidar to me is going after them because they tend to bother and call him out a lot, which they do, by most of the people in that community and that's hard to ignore when they constantly message him on twitter and twitch everyday, do I think he handled the situation correctly, no but I understand why he has been so focused on the drama. 

Interacting with the sok will make you look dumb in the end for sure, if you look in the thread and see the rest of the screenshots on the "debate" between the guy and Fred, fred immediately changes the subject on other things in order to get the guy to agree with him and ignore all the issues brought up however the guy never took the bait and just made fred look like a hypocrite which was funny. 

They can do whatever they want, but I find it entertaining when a group that makes fun of a guy everyday can't handle being made fun of themselves.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Amityville said:

Serious question. Does Freddy claim to have a real job? 

He said he was a phone salesman during the Sammy samosa video.

6 hours ago, Mikleo said:

Amen to that.

4 hours ago, Ohcomeon said:

Interacting with the sok will make you look dumb in the end for sure, if you look in the thread and see the rest of the screenshots on the "debate" between the guy and Fred, fred immediately changes the subject on other things in order to get the guy to agree with him and ignore all the issues brought up however the guy never took the bait and just made fred look like a hypocrite which was funny. 

I think he is a despicable person for some of the things he has said about dsp, but I will give the devil his due he is a good debater, if you go into a debate with him, then go in with evidence to back your points against him and stick to them, do plenty of research beforehand.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WOOF! said:

Amen to that.

I think he is a despicable person for some of the things he has said about dsp, but I will give the devil his due he is a good debater, if you go into a debate with him, then go in with evidence to back your points against him and stick to them, do plenty of research beforehand.

I would have said the same thing but the screenshots really made him look bad in terms of debating, he cares more about looking right then actually being right. Anyone attempting to go into a podcast that they do to debate Fred will be at a disadvantage as he only tends to pick people in the heat of the moment and not actually giving the person time to have evidence or anything else. This really exposed him and made him look horrible at it, all he really does is wait for the person to make a mistake by asking a bunch of questions and catching them off guard, it's his one tactic.

8 hours ago, Mikleo said:

You're missing the point here.

Just let the SoK and these other groups kill themselves off, like they are now atm.

I didn't miss any point. Your point is as simplistic as they come. You're just upset I contradicted your point.

And that's not going to happen. These creeps will continue attaching themselves to DSP in any form they can, and even if this particular clubhouse goes away, some other desperate nobodies will come along. Know your enemy, don't ignore them, especially with the increasingly nefarious shit they pull and how many sycophants they attract.

Edited by thatanonymouse
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, thatanonymouse said:

I didn't miss any point. Your point is as simplistic as they come. You're just upset I contradicted your point.

And that's not going to happen. These creeps will continue attaching themselves to DSP in any form they can, and even if this particular clubhouse goes away, some other desperate nobodies will come along. Know your enemy, don't ignore them, especially with the increasingly nefarious shit they pull and how many sycophants they attract.

LOL, okay then xD lets just go with that.

On to your second point, yeah you're right. Thing is, EVERYONE who is popular/infamous on YT has haters. The difference is how people handle these type of people. When you attack your haters (lets take Angry Joe, for example) you get a HUGE backlash no matter what you say or do. The only reason DSP's detractors are as big as they are is because DSP keeps talking about them and, not only that, you have a couple of DSP fans that go out of their way to feed the trolls.

When you bite on to the bait they throw at you, you've already lost. It doesn't matter who you are. You wanna know why the SoK are so popular now? It's because DSP moderators, DSP fans and former DSP fans/patrons/mods go to that podcast to tell them "the drama that goes on behind the scenes". With your logic, DSP should go on this podcast, debate with them and shut them down. No, if you do that, the next group that comes up will be even more relentless and will try to get phil again on their podcast and then the cycle continues all over again.

So again, like DSP said, ignore these type of idiots and let them destroy themselves. They've already done a good job of doing so.

6 hours ago, WOOF! said:

That would make sense because he has SOME talking skills but as usual with sales persons talk shit and twists to get what he wants.

Edited by Amityville
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mikleo said:

The only reason DSP's detractors are as big as they are is because DSP keeps talking about them

With your logic, DSP should go on this podcast, debate with them and shut them down.

That's pretty clearly not the only reason, but nuanced thought isn't exactly your forte.

And if that was my logic, I'd say as such. Phil obviously shouldn't go on their podcast, in fact no one should be on their podcast, not even them. You're incapable of construing someone's point. My point being that we should still freely exchange information about them, be aware of who they are and what they do, and take notice of them.

4 hours ago, thatanonymouse said:

Know your enemy, don't ignore them, especially with the increasingly nefarious shit they pull and how many sycophants they attract.

24 minutes ago, thatanonymouse said:

And if that was my logic, I'd say as such. Phil obviously shouldn't go on their podcast, in fact no one should be on their podcast, not even them. You're incapable of construing someone's point. My point being that we should still freely exchange information about them, be aware of who they are and what they do, and take notice of them.

Make up your mind

I don't think the sok are all that popular honestly, really all they do is recap all the bad things phil does, kind of like a tmz and they are the only ones who do it, the breaking news podcasts are the most viewed videos and the let's endures are a second to it, times when they don't talk about phil are barely watched.

mikleo what I think anonymojuse is trying to say that he doesn't like them and would rather have them not be around but since they are then we might as well check in and call them out on bullshit they do. It is annoying how they really don't get called out and how they only target dsp fans who are pissed or annoyed and not prepared.

14 minutes ago, Ohcomeon said:

I don't think the sok are all that popular honestly, really all they do is recap all the bad things phil does, kind of like a tmz and they are the only ones who do it, the breaking news podcasts are the most viewed videos and the let's endures are a second to it, times when they don't talk about phil are barely watched.

mikleo what I think anonymojuse is trying to say that he doesn't like them and would rather have them not be around but since they are then we might as well check in and call them out on bullshit they do. It is annoying how they really don't get called out and how they only target dsp fans who are pissed or annoyed and not prepared.

Talking about what they're doing is fine and all. It's when fans/exfans go to their podcast that bothers me. When people go there it makes them look dumb and all of us look like crap. When you go out of your way to go their podcast to prove a point or so you can be "the fan's voice", or w/e your reasoning might be, that kind of stuff irritates me. We don't have to be like those rabid fanbases that go absolutely bat-shit insane when someone badmouths the guy we like to watch.

It's fine to call them out on w/e they do but don't get baited to go into their own podcast to get into a "debate". That's the point I'm trying to make, plain and simple.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mikleo said:

Talking about what they're doing is fine and all. It's when fans/exfans go to their podcast that bothers me. When people go there it makes them look dumb and all of us look like crap. When you go out of your way to go their podcast to prove a point or so you can be "the fan's voice", or w/e your reasoning might be, that kind of stuff irritates me. We don't have to be like those rabid fanbases that go absolutely bat-shit insane when someone badmouths the guy we like to watch.

It's fine to call them out on w/e they do but don't get baited to go into their own podcast to get into a "debate". That's the point I'm trying to make, plain and simple.

Im right there with you, anyone who goes on that podcast is no different then the sok, they are taking what they say seriously and feel like it's something they need to argue which pretty much says they can't handle someone else not liking what they like which is hilarious because Phil clearly does not give a shit if any of his fans debate with the sok. I think people who go out of there way to argue with the sok are just looking for a fight and the people who are actual fans of phil will just you know, watch phil.

Same goes for the other side with the sok except they care a lot more and once again, phil doesn't want them around and won't listen to them and they clearly find him boring, I'd understand if they found phil entertaining but they clearly get pissed off in some videos and complain about every little thing he does and most people who can't stand something to that point just you know, don't watch phil.

Anyone on either one of those sides just ends up looking dumb.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, thatanonymouse said:

That's not a contradiction. You can acknowledge them without attending their platform. Nothing you say makes sense.

And that's why I'm saying you're missing my, very simple, point. My original point was clearly that i have an issue with people who go out of their way to go to these podcasts and make themselves look dumb. You can look at where out arguement started and you can see what I mean.

I'll end my end of this "arguement" here. Seems like we just came full circle and I really don't want to have to repeat everything again. 

*Note*

Just wanted to point out that I never had to redicule you to get my point across. Just thought I'd let ya know ;)