Jump to content
The King of Hate Forums

Streamsniping: Blessing in Disguise?


Recommended Posts

Don't get me wrong, I love Phil's content when it comes to Ultra Street Fighter 2 but there are at times when Phil is dominating the game in sessions that it can get somewhat boring/redunant but admittedly the past couple of sessions when Phil is playing someone who is stream sniping to see who Phil is picking has been absolutely entertaining and has actually made Phil's STII streams must watch for all of the 3-4 hours each time. The Laggy Blanka terminology is a new DSP content meme that is up there with Dickstroke of Injustice 1, Alisa of Tekken series and El Fuerte of SFIV of being a character that does not belong in the Street Fighter franchise(Which is why he got replaced immediately by Laura, BOOM) and I actually thought today(Aug 13) session was absolutely pheomenal and it provided tons of laughs.

Phil is at his very best when it comes to facing someone who is "cheating" with lag tactics that would not work anywhere else outside of Nintendo Switch. Do you guys think someone streamsniping Phil's chat to get the advantage in a matchup helps Phil's content or hurts it? Is it healthy for the stream chat for Phil to fire back at trolls and people who are insulting him?

Edited by Blackspawn89
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys don't respond to the trolls, as Phil said. You're trying to reason with mental illness.

I honestly wouldn't take anything ThatDogGuy or Amrityville have to say seriously. After lurking for about a year here, i can easily say their mindset is pretty much like Anita's. Attack anyone who do

We really don't need to fight and argue every little thing against Phil guys.. Pick and choose your battles.. Phil is a grown man who can handle himself.. He needs no defending.  Especially over

Posted Images

Whenever I play fighters, you notice a TON of people in stream chat not there otherwise. These people don't even have a basic understanding of the game, they're just there to harass me. But what gets to me is when I address these morons and then somehow, other people think I'm talking to them when I'm blatantly not. 

People seriously need to stop getting SO BUTTHURT over shit. How people became such incredible pansies, I have no idea. If someone is talking complete nonsense about myself or my level of skill in stream chat, I have every right to address it. How mods and other regulars today apparently got "upset" that I was raging against the other nonsense, I have no idea. I never addressed any of them directly by name nor anything they were saying in the chat.

I am a former top-level player in Street Fighter 2 and there is TONS of factual evidence to back it up. Those who cannot accept that, and take my word for it when something goes awry in USF2 (like tons of input drops or frame skips) shouldn't even bother watching me play it, then. The game is incredibly flawed when played online, and I'm going to rage if something happens that I KNOW should not have happened, and people SHOULD take my word for it. Or else what's the point of even watching? Why watch someone play a sport if you believe they suck at it? It's a fruitless effort and a waste of time.

 

As for entertainment value, I have no idea. I'm sure there are some who like it more, and others who hate it, and just want to see me play calmly. Everyone likes something different.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phil said:

I am a former top-level player in Street Fighter 2 and there is TONS of factual evidence to back it up. Those who cannot accept that, and take my word for it when something goes awry in USF2 (like tons of input drops or frame skips) shouldn't even bother watching me play it, then. The game is incredibly flawed when played online, and I'm going to rage if something happens that I KNOW should not have happened, and people SHOULD take my word for it. Or else what's the point of even watching? Why watch someone play a sport if you believe they suck at it? It's a fruitless effort and a waste of time.

I think you answered your own question:

1 hour ago, Phil said:

As for entertainment value, I have no idea. I'm sure there are some who like it more, and others who hate it, and just want to see me play calmly. Everyone likes something different.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you can't see the entertainment value that comes from watching someone fail miserably at something, then I honestly don't know what to say. Many people watched Tim Tebow play professional football because they found it entertaining to see how bad he was. That in and of itself was hilarious for many. It's a similar issue with Phil. Phil has said many times he's bad at games. We see on this on many different occasions. People watch to see him fail and are entertained from that. It's literally that simple. How is it a waste of time if they are getting hours of entertainment out of it? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FatalSeabass said:

If you can't see the entertainment value that comes from watching someone fail miserably at something, then I honestly don't know what to say. Many people watched Tim Tebow play professional football because they found it entertaining to see how bad he was. That in and of itself was hilarious for many. It's a similar issue with Phil. Phil has said many times he's bad at games. We see on this on many different occasions. People watch to see him fail and are entertained from that. It's literally that simple. How is it a waste of time if they are getting hours of entertainment out of it? 

There's a difference between seeing me fail at games I suck at, and purposely trolling stream chat saying I suck at games I don't. I DO NOT suck at Street Fighter 2, this is an undeniable fact with tons of concrete evidence including high-level gameplay video footage and national-level tournament results showing that I've either placed in, or won, those events. 

I understand the entertainment value of seeing someone fail. When I lose in Street Fighter 2, I always justify what happened and try to explain (frame drop, input drop, lag spike that caused my intended move to not come out, OR the other player actually doing something skillful to counter what I was doing) so that the viewers can understand. The problem is, this mob of 100 people that show up and literally discredit EVERYTHING I say, claiming that "I suck at this game and the other guy is amazingly good" because if I lost, I must be horrible, of course. And that's when we get into the grey area: is it fun to show up and watch me play a game, get counter-picked and stream sniped, and/or cheated by laggy connection abusers so that even I, a top-level Street Fighter 2 player, cannot win every match? Or is it just frustrating to see me rage at matches I absolutely know how to win, but simply cannot because the game CANNOT be played at top levels with a terrible connection?

That answer is in the eye of the beholder.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Phil said:

People seriously need to stop getting SO BUTTHURT over shit. How people became such incredible pansies, I have no idea. If someone is talking complete nonsense about myself or my level of skill in stream chat, I have every right to address it.

But why bother?  They're trying to get under your skin. By addressing it you're giving them what they want. It's also annoying to some people because it can be seen as bickering. Just ignore them and if it's getting out of hand then tell the mods to take care of it. There's no reason to rant.

Also most trolls are narcissists. They're aren't physically capable of comprehending that they're being immature. So if you argue with them they're just going to laugh at it and continue to believe they're the smart ones. It's pointless to address them. In fact it just makes it worse.

Edited by Nich2440
Link to post
Share on other sites

I know u got a soft spot for usf2, but if this version is that bad why not just play other fighting game? Tekken7 would be a better option imo. And if u rlly want one with good netcode u could always try guilty gear.

21 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

World of warcraft stream was proof enough that streamsniping is a terrible thing, he couldn't even get out of the tutorial.

If he played ff14 he wont have this problem. Hint hint

Link to post
Share on other sites

You would have thought that now the detractors have Hellblade, a game about them, they would stop this kind of childish behaviour. 

Mental illness knows no bounds. Spread the word that there are meds to stop that shit. 

Edited by ThatDogGuy
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cappuccino said:

Yo if the game is bad enough that a "pro player" cant win against spamming newbies then why bother playing it? Its not the same as when u got ur 4th place anymore.

Probably because he plays with a Switch pro controller instead of a stick like he did in his old days.

Dunno if they are any good, but these Switch fighting game controllers have been floating around. Close to $200 though.

 

Nintendo_joy_4.jpg

I think the Switch wireless hardware sucks too, I get disconnected during ARMS or Splatoon matches all the time. I started using a USB network adapter on my Switch so I could connect a cable and network performance improved drastically.

Edited by KGhaleon
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

World of warcraft stream was proof enough that streamsniping is a terrible thing, he couldn't even get out of the tutorial.

Counterpoint:  Watching someone playing WoW is boring to begin with.  Watching someone meander around a starting area doing a quest to collect 10 rat asses' isn't really engaging.  That streamsniping actually made that funny as hell and actually watchable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PoopMagnet said:

Counterpoint:  Watching someone playing WoW is boring to begin with.  Watching someone meander around a starting area doing a quest to collect 10 rat asses' isn't really engaging.  That streamsniping actually made that funny as hell and actually watchable.

Dude, people paid him money to play that game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

Dude, people paid him money to play that game.

To play an online game.  I mean, yeah I get it people threw cash to watch a dude play "Fetch-Quest Online", but with any online game, the social interaction (even the negative) is far more hilarious to watch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PoopMagnet said:

To play an online game.  I mean, yeah I get it people threw cash to watch a dude play "Fetch-Quest Online", but with any online game, the social interaction (even the negative) is far more hilarious to watch.

Regardless of weather you value the game or not, I would assume that the people who paid him to play it had voted on that game or shown an interest in it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

World of warcraft stream was proof enough that streamsniping is a terrible thing, he couldn't even get out of the tutorial.

If I was a member of the forum at that time, I would have nominated that as one of the funniest moments of 2016, I think Phil should play more mmo games like this even if it's one off steams and play along with the trolls for a laugh.

3 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

Dude, people paid him money to play that game.

I agree it's best not to play them as patreon's choice though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ThatDogGuy said:

You would have thought that now the detractors have Hellblade, a game about them, they would stop this kind of childish behaviour. 

Mental illness knows no bounds. Spread the word that there are meds to stop that shit. 

Mental illness is not something to make fun of.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The wow stream trolling was funny for awhile, but i at least would like to see him tackle dungeons which started at level 15 onwards. And he just stopped playing right at lv15. :(

Still got some funny lines from him tho. 2nd char as Orc paladin and only taurens can mine lol.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...