The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Ask the King Ep. 67 - October 26, 2017

Hello DSP or Phil whichever you prefer.

When it comes to time, not all of us have as much free time as we would like whether its to relax, see a movie or even try something new.

For me, with my studies I try my best to balance out personal and study time as there is something new that I would want to self-teach for it may benefit me for anything in the future. One thing I hope to self-teach myself is web page development to increase my chances of getting work whilst proving to me, not just others that my studies have paid off for me in a great way.

My question is if you had the free time away from your job, is there anything that would interest you and maybe like to self-teach yourself even as a new hobby or it intrigued you?

Thank you and keep up the good work

Regards Redhyruler

• Upvote 2

Hey Phil, thumbs up to you, great work. I have a few questions so just pick the ones you like. If you can answer all that'll be great, thanks:

1. How much would it cost in total to permanently fix your back, including the surgery and physiotherapy etc, if it is possible?

2. What will be the things you'd do if you were POTUS?

3. How are your neighbours? Annoying, loud, hot:biggrin:?

4. What was the shitty game you were forced to play in Project 7?

Thanks again

• Upvote 2

Hey Phil,

Thank you answering my question on the last Ask the King, it was really appreciated.

Anyways, my question for this Ask the King is:

Since superhero movies have been growing in popularity for the past several years, do you think they are becoming the next big thing along with video games and the Internet?

• Upvote 1

What up,Phil. I have a question regarding shyness and anxiety. I've always been both shy and anxious basically my entire life,therefore it's really difficult for me to do anything actually,whether trying to get a job or just move on with my life.Every time I go to an interview or just think about going I start to experience all kinds of strange feelings such as,"what if I get there and say something stupid or suddenly paralyze,what are they going to think? And when I actually get there all those thoughts materialize. It's an arduous task to deal with those shits on a daily basis man!

Anyway,Could you give me some advice on how to at least mitigate it? Thanks for reading and congrats from Brazil! Love your vids dude! keep up the awesome work.

• Upvote 1

Hello Phil, 

For the past years, we have seen Marvel diverting from the X-Men and F4 characters in recent videogames, comic books and even theme parks.

The reason being is because of the movie rights being sold to FOX and Marvel does not want to provide free advertisement for them.

Do you think that Marvel's moves are legitimate, from a business standpoint? If FOX works with Marvel like how Sony worked with Marvel for Spiderman (Captain America:Civil War & Spiderman: Homecoming), would the situation not be better?

On an previous Ask the king, someone brought up the topic of PC. I would like to know in your opinion, why do you think there's a uprising of an PC/social justice culture? I honestly see it pointless at best but unnecessary at worse and it's one of the things in own modern times that I turn a blind eye to and has not able to relate with people. Thanks.

Hey Phil, this may considered a stupid question, but I alway's wanted to know 2 thing's. I know you love pizza, considerably east coast pizza. But do you have a go to frozen pizza ex. Tombstone, Red Baron, Freschetta, DiGiorno?

2nd question: I know you like to make your own sauce but let's say you wanted a quick meal and didn't have any of your homemade sauce around  and had to get a pasta sauce jar from the market ex. Ragu, Newman's own, Bertolli, prego, francesco rinaldi. Which would be your favorite go to pasta sauce in a rush. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Hey, Phil. Been watching your content for a few years now. I hope you don't mind answering this question.

I know that you've played fighting games like KOF 14, Injustice 2 and Tekken 7 this year and that you've been playing Ultra Street Fighter 2 on a weekly basis since it came out. But I think you should at least play fighting games from developers other than SNK, NetherRealm, Capcom, etc. I remember that you've played was Persona 4 Arena way back in 2011, but stopped probably because of the copyright strike from Atlus on the video on the first part of the game's tutorial(I could be wrong). Is there any reason why you avoid fighting games from devs such as Arc System Works? Would you actually consider actually playing a game from them in the future?

Also, would you also consider jumping back to Tekken 7 some time in the future? Mainly because Geese Howard from Fatal Fury and the KOF series is gonna be a playable character in the game later in the winter. His announcement trailer that was shown at EVO this year really got people hyped(myself included).

Edited by K0mbatDan
  • Upvote 1

Hi Phil.

1) is there something about twitch as a site and a community you would like to see improved?

2) let's talk sociology and pseudoscience: do you consider yourself a beta, alpha or omega? or do you hate this kind of classification altogether and why?

3) in the past you said you played max payne 1 and 2 on pc, which are known for having a cool mod support and also some of the best mods out there. so here's the question: did you play them vanilla on with mods? if with mods, which ones did you use?

Edited by kill-chan
  • Upvote 1

Hey Phil,

Thanks for answering my questions as always. 

I'm interested in your business thoughts. What do you think about someone who works a 9-5 for their whole life and makes a decent (100k+ /yr) salary then retires vs being your "own boss" and setting up a business? Are you someone who likes to take a risk and maybe get a bigger reward for it or moreso someone who would prefer a steady income?  

Thanks bro keep up the good work

Isaac <3 

• Like 1

Hi phil

ismael here. love your series. 

question: what are your thoughts on black friday? any interesting stories (if you ever went for something and if so, what was the most remembered/worth it item for you??)

it will be coming up soon and over the years, i used to think it was the shit (back in 07~) however as years go on, i now just use the internet to get my shit instead of standing in line at midnight.

also the bad press related to it - forcing ppl to leave there families on thanksgiving night "who are thankful for everything they have" to go to the store to buy something and fight with other people for deals like savages

thanks phil 

-ismael

yo Phil, I have another pc gaming question

- was your last gaming pc (r.i.p.) able to run Crysis 1 at decent framerate and graphics? in case you're wondering, that game is still very demanding. not as much of a bitch as Crysis 3, but a bitch nonetheless.

• Upvote 1

Hey Phil, love your videos so much, I got a question for you.

Since President Donald Trump's speech at the United Nations, he was saying that if his country defend itself and its allies, they will have no choice but to destroy North Korea totally. What would you do if this happened or, his speech was all just dialogue but not action?

Thanks buddy, keep up the good work!

-A Vietnamese Guy

from Vietnam

Edited by AVietnameseGuy

hi phil,

what makes a fighting game bad compared to a good one?

I get the general idea of what you expect from a fighting game compared to how some of your matches turned out to be during your coverage of DBFZ and MvCI, but since I'm a total noob in fighting games I'm assuming it's not just a matter of dumbed down mechanics designed to cater to less hardcore audience, so I'd like to hear your extensive thoughts on the subject.

Edited by kill-chan

Phil,

Will you ever play paper mario and the thousand year door?

It is a hidden classic among the gamecube and it would be really nice for you to play it. Also it would be very entertaining to watch.

hi phil,

i saw your prestream a few days you said that vidme not gonna happened because you dont want the subscribers behind a paywall.

You can choose ads on his video and earn 70% of all revenue generated with monthly tips and subscriptions.  You dont need  your videos behind a paywall because this is completely optional. You can upload 15-20 Videos there as a backup. You can upvote the videos and they dont have a dislike button, they have followers and following. The comments section is better then youtube you see all comments. You can Upload your videos from YouTube with a quick copy and paste. Besides clickbait dont work on vid.me. You need at least 30 followers.

My Question is, if youtube has more problems in the future and you dont want twitch fill with a lot videos. Would you consider to use a alternative like vid.me?

Greetings phil,

Been a long time viewer since your fallout 3 lets play. 

With it being October and having Halloween around the corner I thought I might ask you If you had ever experienced anything paranormal being that you were living in one of the most haunted states in the country for most of your life?

Thanks and best of luck in 2018!

• Like 1

hi phil!!!

long time fan here, been watchin your playthrus for years - they've definitely been a huge, positive impact on my life. was sharin your stream with Rick, a friend of mine, and he had a (what i consider) strange, but simple question, so i'm asking on his behalf:

what do you think of rap music? more specifically, what do you think of the rapper Lil Uzi Vert?

thanks for your time and keep up the awesome work, my dude!

Hi Phil

I heard you mention playing WWE is not feasible for you because of content Id and copyright problems. Is there any way to still do the holiday sim matches like you have done in the past? I think it would make an incredibly entertaining twitch stream. What do you think of WWE sim matches as a patreon goal?

Thanks for all the great content

-Richie7