The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Ask the King Ep. 67 - October 26, 2017

Hi Phil,

Do you think with the experience you've gained over the years playing and reviewing many types of video games, that you would be qualified enough to get into gaming journalism? I know in the past you've stated that you wouldn't wish to work for mainstream gaming news outlets due to the massive amount of incredibility these days, but if you were offered a job (or started your own website) where you were free to review games how you saw fit, do you think your experience through competitive gaming and YouTube would suffice over the time and money you would've spent on getting a degree?

Thanks for answering - Dean Jones.

Sorry is a bit out of place, But when will you lock this thread and pull the questions you will answer on AtK scheduled for Thursday (I believe)..... There is  a question I to post or send to you and I am not sure if it is too lat to submit one... many  vapid ones here  have submitted quesitons iwhtout the seriousness  of your current situation and so I wished to ask for a

Edited by Barbatin52
The words "pulll " and "decide" got morphed into each other.....

hey phil, been a long time fan of yours since you first played red dead redemption back in 2009 or 10. Anyway my question is do you feel when you hear that a lot of younger people learning about your videos or streams only know you as the guy that wacked off on stream, because when i hear somebody ask me about it all i think is why are some people so ignorant and don't take a minute to think for themselves and find out when a person like you is falsely accused of doing so when you never did it at all. I just wanna know how you feel every time you hear this and what your thoughts are.

ps. i'm shadowking236 on twitch and keep up the good work.

Edited by shadowking13

Howdy Doody Dsp, Just subbed to your twitch channel and wanted to ask would you start archiving your streams (one video per stream) on Twitch, as I think this could help maintain your Twitch viewership for each game, especially for people who only watch your content on Twitch, if they happen to miss a stream, they can skim through the video in the archives and be caught up for the next live stream, currently your viewership drops after the premiere stream.

Hey phil

What happened to your retro replay series? Do you think it would be a good time to bring it back since the xbox 360 and PS3 are fasing out? I think it would be good for your newer audience who never watched you play those older games

Thanks for the content

Chrissy

Hey Phil

I don't know this is true or not but I heard that pokemon ultra sun and moon maybe the last game for the 3ds handheld console and they want to go over to the switch so they can create a new pokemon game with better hardware which is very sad because the Nintendo handheld console was known for pokemon games. I was wondering what do you think about it? Do you think the 3ds will be dead after this?

I'll toss in a couple.

You recently have played games like Danganronpa that don't fit the mold of what you're known for playing (fighters, shooters, action RPGs). What genres have you never really streamed before that you'd like to try out on Twitch, but haven't had the chance, because of new releases and other factors?

A company called Scientific Revenue have started to develop methods so that mobile games will offer players different prices for the same exact microtransaction, based on how the player behaves. Is it ethical for games to charge different prices to different people like this?

Hey Phil Here Are Some Questions For Ask The King 

1. On Twitch I Have The Option To Watch Ads For Bits But When I Go To Watch Ads It Keeps on Saying Try Again Later Is It Because The Twitch Beta Is Still Running?

2. Phil, What Are You Thoughts on TLC 2017? What Things Did You Like And Were There Things You Hated?

3. If You Could Name A Hall of Famer To Be The RAW General Manager Who Would It Be? Besides Kurt Angle. 

4. Phil, Can You Name Some of Your Favorite 90s Songs? Please Name A Ton, Because I Want A Variety of Songs For My 1990s Spotify Playlist. 

5. What Do You Think of WWE2K18 MyCareer Mode So Far? I Like That You Can Interact, Talk, And Brawl With Superstars Backstage And What Do You Think of The Entrances too? I Love Cesaro's. 

Thanks for Answering - Derich

Edited by Derichloveslemur
  • Like 1

Hey Phil

I wanted to know if you would be willing to open up a discord, either it being open or pateron exclusive. Cause i can see it as an extra place to chat other than the website, twitter, ect. And it also could be used as a way to gather people for multiplayer when you need it. Just a thought, Thanks 

• Like 1

Hey Phil I'm 18 and I'm going to be moving out on my own to go to Seth Rollin's wrestling school in about a year do you have any advice on living on your own for the first time? 

Will you be getting an Xbox One X now since there will be 2 different video options in certain games now, Performance mode (1080p 60fps), Visual mode (4K 30fps) since you always mention many games running at 30fps?

4K is just a marketing term for Sony and Microsoft, it really isn't that special coming from a PC guy. Ultrawide 21:9 is the next real immersive innovation in my opinion, which is on PC. Consoles still haven't utilized 1080p performance and are already jumping on the 4K bandwagon is too hilarious. 30 fps for 90% of AAA games nowadays is completely unacceptable. 

On 10/23/2017 at 1:16 PM, thatanonymouse said:

I'll toss in a couple.

You recently have played games like Danganronpa that don't fit the mold of what you're known for playing (fighters, shooters, action RPGs). What genres have you never really streamed before that you'd like to try out on Twitch, but haven't had the chance, because of new releases and other factors?

A company called Scientific Revenue have started to develop methods so that mobile games will offer players different prices for the same exact microtransaction, based on how the player behaves. Is it ethical for games to charge different prices to different people like this?

Hope you don't mind, I'm going to ask these in the patron forum. They're good questions so I want to make sure they get answered.

Hey Phil, 

I have a couple questions for this month and I'd appreciate your insight and advice. I've dated a lot of women over many years and the majority of them only lasted a couple months. I'm currently in the longest relationship I've ever had so far (1 year and 1 month) and everything is going great. We communicate well and if we ever have discrepancies, we talk it out calmly. I know you've had a 5 year relationship with your ex, so my question is, do you have any tips/advice you can give for keeping a long term relationship? Any must-knows or things you have learned in the past that we should or shouldn't do to keep a relationship long and happy? 

And my unrelated second question. I graduated with a bachelors last year and I have a fairly decent job right now, but I've plateaued in terms of income. I've been meaning to apply for a job that I can move up in and that actually has to do with my major (communications), but I just keep putting it off to do for later. So this question is how do you deal with procrastination? And how do you get out of it when you know you're doing it? You're always busy and always moving forward so I'd love to know how you stay so motivated and focused. 

Thanks!

viewer since 2011, 

5 till 0

Edited by 5T0

Which WWE Divas have you fapped to the most? Also, have you fapped to a video game character?

Just to prove that this is a legitimate question and not trying to troll you or ridicule you I'm gonna answer that mine is probably the Maryse nudes and fan art of Rydia from FF4. I just like to bond with immature questions.

If you decide to ignore that question for whatever reason, answer this ones:

Do you ever get the feeling that SJW-ism has been slowly trying to creep into WWE? Have you ever dated an SJW and what was it like?

Do you only ever watch nerd culture movies like Horror and Super Hero ones, do you like any artsy auteur ones like Stalker, 8 1/2, Enter the Void, Dogville, The Fountain?

Edited by Blanksy

Hey ya phil. as a team ninja fanboy, I've really enjoyed playing Nioh! everyones  option differs but to me nioh  is better than zelda for my game of the year. i feel after ninja gaiden 3, nioh is the stuff team ninja should be making more of!

so what makes the game good you might ask? well you did a  playthrough of it so you know, great souls like gameplay! but i feel you missed something like you do with a lot of games with NG+ modes. the new game + modes in nioh is turns the game into a  loot addiction diablo style game with focus on builds and stuff like that. also like every team ninja game, the new game + modes get huge enemy remixes(especially when ya get on way of the demon with elite monsters).  question is when  you get down time like you did with dark souls 2, any chance you might consider going back to the dlc in nioh? it adds a lot to the game to the point it's probably one of the best replayble non mp games of the year. if no would you ever consider any NG+ modes in any other game such as bloodborne's chalice dungeons? 

of course when there is downtime, we got shirtless mario to play!:)

Kevfactor!

Edited by YT_kevfactor

Hi Phil

You answered my question regarding WWE on your pre stream discussion the other day so here are some different questions.

In the spirit of Halloween, what movies would you rate as the scariest of all time for you and why?

Similarly, which video games do you think are the scariest ever made?

Thanks!

Richie7

Why did IGN give Super Mario Odyssey a perfect 10/10 in their review today if they explicitly had several complaints about the camera/controls that they even included in "the bad" when they listed "the good and the bad" right before the score was shown? Isn't a 10 supposed to be FLAWLESS?

Hey Phil, I know you have a lot on your plate at the moment, but when you get back on your feet and back onto the dating scene, what kind of lady will you look for? Are there any absolute deal breakers?

Wishing you all the best, it's been a tough year, but here's to a life 'redemption run' in 2018! You deserve it!

With Sonic Mania, Cuphead and now news of Super Mario Odyssey getting 10's across the board, do you think we are witnessing a platforming resurgence?

Hello Phil.

As you might or might not know, there are going to be some really big Marvel movies coming up in 2018, such as Black Panther in February and Avengers: Infinity War in May and Thor Ragnarok premiering in Europe this upcoming weekend. So my questions regarding that are: What's your favorite Marvel movie? Have you been watching any Marvel movie recently? And are you hyped for the upcoming movies (Thor Ragnarok, Black Panther, Avengers: Infinity War, Ant-man and the Wasp, Captain Marvel and Avengers 4)? I know I am!

Thanks.

Edited by Danielswe

Hey Phil ratchefan12 here and here is my question,  it is no secret  that you have seen good growth on twich with lots of people cheering subbing and tipping if this keeps up for the foreseeable future do you think you will get out of the hole your currently in financially?