The King of Hate Forums
Aceman

Emergency video discussion

It completely proves my point that one of the factors that caused problems to DSPGaming was a group of horrible and cruel people. Had the false copyright strikes did not happen, DSPGaming would have been in a much better state.

EDIT: Those maggots are celebrating in Twitter and just provide further mockery to Phil and his situation

Edited by LastRambo341
  • Upvote 1

It seems to have something to do with his property, but if he wanted to tell us, he would. So we probably shouldn't speculate. Speculation will only cause issues.

Edited by Veera

7 minutes ago, Veera said:

It seems to have something to do with his property, but if he wanted to tell us, he would. So we probably shouldn't speculate. Speculation will only cause issues.

Maybe you are right but he did say we are free to speculate in the middle of the video maybe he himself just can't talk about it. 

Edited by Aceman
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aceman said:

Maybe you are right but he did say we are free to speculate in the middle of the video maybe he himself just can't talk about it. 

I think his point was that even if we speculate, he isn't going to tell us at least right now.

I guess I'm trying to say that if you're going to speculate, you should be careful since this is a person's life we're talking about.

Edited by Veera

Just saw the video in its entirety and just from certain things said, timing, and the uncertainty, I would guess Phil is in danger of losing his house to either the IRS or to the bank for missed payments, fradulent loopholes, or filing invalid business information of sorts. Just a guess.

As far as the reasoning he faulted for his current situation. I just gotta feel for the guy but I'd be lying if I didn't see this coming a long time ago. Like Phil said, you could look on social blade and see the trend and where the channel was going.

Life is 20% what happens to you and 80% how you react to it. Though I won't take away the severness of those copyright strikes, his reaction to it was just as or more damaging than strikes the themelves.

Whatever the precise problem is, a EMERGENCY VIDEO on YouTube isn't going to help much and he should really go out and consult with someone (that's not himself or over the internet) about his problems and figure out his next move. 

Edited by PoorLanken
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, PoorLanken said:

As far as the reasoning he faulted for his current situation. I just gotta feel for the guy but I'd be lying if I didn't see this coming a long time ago. Like Phil said, you could look on social blade and see the trend and where the channel was going.

Life is 20% what happens to you and 80% how you react to it. Though I won't take away the severness of those copyright strikes, his reaction to it was just as or more damaging than strikes the themelves.

I think one issue is that he didn't seem to adjust his life for the changing financial situation. it seems like he's living paycheck by paycheck and that's dangerous. It's not entirely his fault, but a big part of it is.

I don't know all of the details about his finances, but I know that he's made a lot of mistakes and seems to be living beyond his means, or at least right at the edge of his means. I would move into a small apartment and sell of the big house (he really didn't need one that big when he moved in, but definitely not now that he's alone). Eventually when I had a steady income and had some saved, I'd look into buying a more reasonable sized house for 1 or 2 people, depending on if he gets into another relationship.

It doesn't help that he has his old condo hanging around, he needs to get rid of that asap (i understand there's some complications)

Edited by Veera

29 minutes ago, Veera said:

I don't know all of the details about his finacnes, but I know that he's made a lot of mistakes and seems to be living beyond his means, or at least right at the edge of his means.

It doesn't help that he has his old condo hanging around, he needs to get rid of that asap (i understand there's some complications)

I think those are one of the reasons he is bleeding money.

Nail on the head with IRS Phil is genuinely panicking and back tracking big time.

how many times in the past has Phil referenced how hard he works and this is is his business? An absolute ton.

Now in the video we get "ya know I don't have a business or anything I'm self employed!" This is a poor attempt to cover his back, Tax wise.

I reckon since that stuff leaked about his bills and shell company, either someone tipped off the IRS or someone who watches the drama works there and filed a case themselves, either eventuality is plausible and Phil knows he has dodged a shit load of Tax with his shells, so after getting notification that mr IRS is looking into his affairs he knows he is going to have to pay back lost taxes and/or fines.

Notice he says he needs to win the lotto? The only thing that could solve is needing to pay someone ALOT of money very quickly.

Mortgage providers are very lenient with late payments as they get to charge more and yeah worst case is he sells his house, but that's like meh go back to the condo.

He is scared cause he fucked yo big time by avoiding tax with a shell company that's being investigated.  No other explanation in my opinion.

(also come on Phil, you can't expect to live in the same lifestyle that you had when there was two contributors to a household if one leaves you adapt and change habits, if that's move or get a job that's what it is, that's fucking life, we all have to deal with it, time to grow up mate)

1 minute ago, Shadywar said:

I reckon since that stuff leaked about his bills and shell company, either someone tipped off the IRS or someone who watches the drama works there and filed a case themselves

Wait, what leak?

1 minute ago, LastRambo341 said:

Wait, what leak?

Someone guessed his old password and leaked a bunch of screenshots about his utility bills one had DSP enterprises which when looked up turned out to be a fake tech company owned by Phil with like 30 fake employees - A shell company

Aaand there is the reckless speculation I warned about.

There's no direct evidence of any of that. The DSP enterprises with the 30 employees was later proven to be something unrelated.

It's sad to see Phil in this video, he looks like a broken man.

My advice as a fan, is he MUST change his life.

His Youtube channel is in decline as is his Patreon, Twitch is keeping him going for now, but how long before that changes?

You can't do this for the rest of your life.

Phil do whatever you can to downsize, it must be a tremendous struggle paying for 2 houses, i know i struggle paying for one, aside from a lottery win this is never going to change, i know you don't want too but please move back to CT at least you will be near your family, which for me would be a positive surely, and negate all the problems you state living there brings.

Good luck.

Edited by ilscuro
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I don't know anything about the leaks or DSP enterprises, but I too noticed the complete about face about this being a career and not a business. For a very long time up until as recent as a week or so ago, Phil was adamant on making decisions for "the business" or needing to "keep the business afloat" such as making executive decisions to keep revenue coming in for his business. Business, business, business. I know im not the only one who noticed how many times he's used the word business for this Youtube thing over time, and that video when he said in so many words "This isn't a business, I never legally owned a business in my life! This is my career is what I was trying to say." Spoke volumes. I've watched DSP for a long time, the only thing that can make him do a complete 180 on his views on anything career wise is a major looming financial threat. Period. This situation just has "I'm being audited" all over it.

And I agree with the user @Veera, its plain to see he was living well above his means for a very long time, and its caught up with him. Its one of the reasons why i could always lend a view but never lend a coin, my coin would only be prolonging the inevitable. But Phil is a human and we all make mistakes, the best action is for him to seriously think and find some consul over this issue with other human beings and figure out his next move. He talked about he was just going to sit that thought in the back of his mind and try to not let it affect his videos... It already has, he quit a game and cancelled a stream. I understand he refuses to take a day off because he's in need of money, but if it really is a tax problem, that few hundred dollars he may make on stream one day isn't going to stop the IRS from taking everything if he owes tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Fuck the video games Phil, get your life together man.

Edited by PoorLanken

1 hour ago, Shadywar said:

Someone guessed his old password and leaked a bunch of screenshots about his utility bills one had DSP enterprises which when looked up turned out to be a fake tech company owned by Phil with like 30 fake employees - A shell company

Did you not know screenshots can be faked? Just save a HTML document and change the text. Not hard. 

"If it's in a screenshot, it MUST be true!"

• Like 2

I feel bad for Phil if he has to move, I just moved myself within the same town and that was mentally draining enough, it must be at least ten times worse in a massive country like the usa with all the different states.

23 minutes ago, ThatDogGuy said:

Did you not know screenshots can be faked? Just save a HTML document and change the text. Not hard. 

"If it's in a screenshot, it MUST be true!"

He said in numerous videos that the kahntent that was leaked was legit because of how it negatively effected him in a financial way.  

I think you got the wrong end of the stick though, I've watched Phil for years and years and he annoys the fuck out of me because I want to like him, and I still go to him first if I'm thinking of buying a game as I know there won't be any gay fake reactions etc (well there never used to be anyway).

he just does not help himself and if he is caught up in IRS or financial trouble he has no one to blame but himself.

the video annoyed me more where he tried to claim that this was one of his fault - that's just not true, we all in life, have shit flung at us and it depends how we handle it and Phil living in his increasing small echo chamber has not, in fact, been handling it well.

I dont what happened to phil  but my guess is someone very important contacted him,  because he requires money. My advice would be never give up and go on with it. I spoke earlier in this forum The Future of Monetization on Youtube, that he he should use vid.me.You can see the screenshots. A lot  of Youtube American and German Lets Player made a Backup because they knew youtube would sink. His Youtube methods should be changed. He should make longer Videos, this is not youtube year 2005 everyone has no time to watch 15-25 Parts of his video.  He should enable the comments because, if this was a short video this would be okay. But in his Letsplays this is risky. A lot of new subscriber come to his channel and wonders why he disabled comments.

Edited by alex89

The authorities should fuck off if he's in debt, he can't pay it and still needs money to live. These kind of bullying tactics are wrong, harassing someone who hasn't got the money. 

23 minutes ago, Shadywar said:

He said in numerous videos that the kahntent that was leaked was legit because of how it negatively effected him in a financial way.  

I think you got the wrong end of the stick though, I've watched Phil for years and years and he annoys the fuck out of me because I want to like him, and I still go to him first if I'm thinking of buying a game as I know there won't be any gay fake reactions etc (well there never used to be anyway).

he just does not help himself and if he is caught up in IRS or financial trouble he has no one to blame but himself.

the video annoyed me more where he tried to claim that this was one of his fault - that's just not true, we all in life, have shit flung at us and it depends how we handle it and Phil living in his increasing small echo chamber has not, in fact, been handling it well.

Yet you still watch him. I ask: WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU???

1 hour ago, ilscuro said:

It's sad to see Phil in this video, he looks like a broken man.

My advice as a fan, is he MUST change his life.

His Youtube channel is in decline as is his Patreon, Twitch is keeping him going for now, but how long before that changes?

You can't do this for the rest of your life.

Phil do whatever you can to downsize, it must be a tremendous struggle paying for 2 houses, i know i struggle paying for one, aside from a lottery win this is never going to change, i know you don't want too but please move back to CT at least you will be near your family, which for me would be a positive surely, and negate all the problems you state living there brings.

Good luck.

First thing he should do is look at alternative video sharing services like Vidme. They allow ads on there now although I'm sure about the exact profit. Even with me adding to the views, they're still tanking on Youtube.

4 hours ago, LastRambo341 said:

It completely proves my point that one of the factors that caused problems to DSPGaming was a group of horrible and cruel people. Had the false copyright strikes did not happen, DSPGaming would have been in a much better state.

EDIT: Those maggots are celebrating in Twitter and just provide further mockery to Phil and his situation

And this proves that as well. I admit, I used to hate him. But I've realised that was irrational of me. Whatever he's done in the past, he hasn't deserved all this bullshit.

Screen shot 2017-09-19 at 09.58.37.png

Screen shot 2017-09-19 at 10.00.07.png