The King of Hate Forums
Aceman

Emergency video discussion

20 minutes ago, LastRambo341 said:

Ah drgnkiller, the spawn of Satan himself.

Not really, a mental illness he has may give that impression though. 

Edited by ThatDogGuy
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, LastRambo341 said:

Any suggestions?

Well, if he is being audited (which I strongly believe it is with his revisioned thoughts of his "business" and keywords he used in the video) and they find out he hasn't been totally truithful about his "business" and was illegally using certain tax evasion loopholes. He needs to downsize.

If he is falling further and further in debt and the bank is threatening to take his house. He needs to downsize.

If God willing nothing happens and this is just a scare. He needs to wake up and downsize.

Whatever happens he needs to take a look at his life and see what can be cut off. He needs to stop being so stubborn when changing with times. He exclaimed in the video that "if it wasn't for the copyright strikes he wouldn't be in this positon", if he would of been on Twitch 2 or 3 years ago like his fans asked and took tips and cheers that he was so adamantly against for no good reason but is now forced to incorporate, he would be in a way better position.

There's several reasons that Phil is in the position he is in, some was out of his control, some was, but all could of been handled better. Im kinda going off on a tangent, I don't want to make this a "This is what's wrong with Phil rant". My point is Phil is going to have to change himself if he expects a better life, and if the IRS coming after him or the bank wants his house, anyway it goes, Phil is going to have to accept the reason he's in that position is because of him. Changing platforms or someone giving him 100,000 cheers isn't going to fix the problem, all those are bandaid fixes and dont cure the root of the problem.

Edited by PoorLanken
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, OutspokenHuman said:

Yet you still watch him. I ask: WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU??

Dude read the post - I still watch his stuff if im going to buy a game to see how phil reacts to its challenges / story.

But seriously the running theme here is that something needs to change to make Phil wake up and realise this is not how normal people live their lives and to be honest I am not sure how some one who consistently gets at least $6-10K per month (tips, subs, cheers, donations, ad revenue and patreon) can be struggling unless you do a real bad fuck up.

I watched the vid again and then went back through some older emergency vlogs and this really seems different, I feel like phil is legit scared this time - in the past he could scrape by with a surge in tips etc, but this time - something has literally put the fear of god into him.   Also on ALL those other vlogs he mentions his business this, his business that business business business and how he offsets taxes in his business accounts etc.  now the 180' turn: "what? i dont have a business, im self employed" smells like IRS are having audit or have already done an audit.

Either way this is the kick up the ass phil needs to do something different and hang up the gloves and become a real person.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, PoorLanken said:

Well, if he is being audited and they find out he hasn't been totally truithful about his "business" and was illegally using certain tax evasion loopholes. He needs to downsize.

If he is falling further and further in debt and the bank is threatening to take his house. He needs to downsize.

If God willing nothing happens and this is just a scare. He needs to wake up and downsize.

Whatever happens he needs to take a look at his life and see what can be cut off. He needs to stop being so stubborn when changing with times. He exclaimed in the video that "if it wasn't for the copyright strikes he wouldn't be in this positon", if he would of been on Twitch 2 or 3 years ago like his fans asked and took tips and cheers that he was so adamantly against for no good reason but is now forced to incorporate, he would be in a way better position.

There's several reasons that Phil is in the position he is in, some was out of his control, some was, but all could of been handled better. Im kinda going off on a tangent, I don't want to make this a "This is what's wrong with Phil rant". My point is Phil is going to have to change himself if he expects a better life, and if the IRS coming after him or the bank wants his house, anyway it goes, Phil is going to have to accept the reason he's in that position is because of him. Changing platforms or someone giving him 100,000 cheers isn't going to fix the problem, all those are bandaids and the reason why he keeps getting burned every six months or so, because he's not curing the root of the problem.

I agree. I watched the video and he says the only thing that can save him is winning the lottery or else he may lose his house. Well we here have watched him spend money frivolously. He recently bought a new car, house plants, games he only plays a few times and quits. He said he got a business loan to help out. All of these things add up. If money is an issue then Phil needs to start budgeting. Maybe he shouldn't have bought a brand new car but instead, go to carmax and get something cheap just to get around. The problem is that Phil is used to living this extravagant lifestyle that he simply can not support anymore due to his declining income. 

One thing that I don't get is why the change from "business" to "career"? Does changing the name of what he does have any significance?  

Edited by ragoslice

1 minute ago, ragoslice said:

One thing that I don't get is why the change from "business" to "career"? Does changing the name of what he does have any significance?  

I reckon he is back tracking because he knows he has  fucked up his taxes and committed tax fraud or the likes.

59 minutes ago, Shadywar said:

Dude read the post - I still watch his stuff if im going to buy a game to see how phil reacts to its challenges / story.

But seriously the running theme here is that something needs to change to make Phil wake up and realise this is not how normal people live their lives and to be honest I am not sure how some one who consistently gets at least $6-10K per month (tips, subs, cheers, donations, ad revenue and patreon) can be struggling unless you do a real bad fuck up.

I watched the vid again and then went back through some older emergency vlogs and this really seems different, I feel like phil is legit scared this time - in the past he could scrape by with a surge in tips etc, but this time - something has literally put the fear of god into him.   Also on ALL those other vlogs he mentions his business this, his business that business business business and how he offsets taxes in his business accounts etc.  now the 180' turn: "what? i dont have a business, im self employed" smells like IRS are having audit or have already done an audit.

Either way this is the kick up the ass phil needs to do something different and hang up the gloves and become a real person.

"Either way this is the kick up the ass phil needs to do something different and hang up the gloves and become a real person."

What does this even MEAN??

2 hours ago, LastRambo341 said:

Ah drgnkiller, the spawn of Satan himself.

Hell yes. Pun fully intended.

Edited by OutspokenHuman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PoorLanken said:

Well, if he is being audited (which I strongly believe it is with his revisioned thoughts of his "business" and keywords he used in the video) and they find out he hasn't been totally truithful about his "business" and was illegally using certain tax evasion loopholes. He needs to downsize.

There's several reasons that Phil is in the position he is in, some was out of his control, some was, but all could of been handled better. Im kinda going off on a tangent, I don't want to make this a "This is what's wrong with Phil rant". My point is Phil is going to have to change himself if he expects a better life, and if the IRS coming after him or the bank wants his house, anyway it goes, Phil is going to have to accept the reason he's in that position is because of him. Changing platforms or someone giving him 100,000 cheers isn't going to fix the problem, all those are bandaid fixes and dont cure the root of the problem.

Lol yes. I did a double take and head scratch when it was no longer a "buisness" but a "career". 

I can fix one problem of his right now. The "hot office". Put a curtain or a solid panel outside of his office window. Its hot bcos the light enters thru the glass and produce greenhouse effects so indoor curtains wouldnt help. So just block the sun from the outside. Problem solved.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, ragoslice said:

People are speculating that this is DSP. 

It all makes sense considering the situation.

Could be trolls.

6 minutes ago, WOOF! said:

Could be trolls.

Not a troll since it was posted 11 days ago but thats already confirmed to be another ytber by the name of onision. Even the reddit mod says so in thread.

Also phil doesnt have lunch with other youtubers. 

2 minutes ago, Aceman said:

Not a troll since it was posted 11 days ago but thats already confirmed to be another ytber by the name of onision. Even the reddit mod says so in thread.

Blimey so onision is in financial dire straits too, never watched his videos, but I was disgusted about how he was encouraging underage girls to send him semi naked images and some people think dsp is the worst ever, what a joke.

4 hours ago, ThatDogGuy said:

Not really, a mental illness he has may give that impression though. 

Even those with mental illness can at least be decent. This monster and his followers are horrible people 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, LastRambo341 said:

Even those with mental illness can at least be decent. This monster and his followers are horrible people 

They're so pissed Fred and his minions broke from SOK. And I love it. They're letting the butthurt consume them. 

Edited by ThatDogGuy
  • Like 1

Sucks what happened but in 2015 he should have kept the vids live and not mass delete them. He was backed by machinima even if he got his channel terminated machinima could have helped him restore his channel and he wouldnt be in this situation. Smaller channels gone through that shit and they were able to fix it. Yea he can blame the strikes but he could have handled it better. Also he could have easily started looking for jobs at the time and balance both. Or adopted twitch back then instead of slamming twitch. Dsp should be aware that he is also to blame for his current situation. He has a condo in CT he should have tried to sell it before moving across the country. Life is very hard and bitching and moaning and blaming detractors isnt helping his situation. His patreon is in dire need to be readjusted and he needs to decide which revenue he wants. He cant get bits, tips, and patreon all at once. And his bits has been going up and up he said in october he should be good. As i said the situation sucks but people have it hard thats life crying about the shit in 2015 isnt going to change it. Life is hard and theres people who dont have a home. 

20 minutes ago, LastRambo341 said:

Serial killers with mental illnesses are decent than a guy who just tweets about dsp? What? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ThatDogGuy said:

The authorities should fuck off if he's in debt, he can't pay it and still needs money to live. These kind of bullying tactics are wrong, harassing someone who hasn't got the money. 

Um. That's not how reality works.

Anyways the thing is there is really nothing to discuss. The video was so vague that the only information I absorbed is that he's in danger of losing his house. The videos content could have been covered on Twitter IMO.

I will say this. Phil said differently on ATK but I believe coming to Washington was a mistake. Yes the taxes are cheaper but in moving he got a lot of debt and is bleeding money with two mortgages. The decline in views and ad revenue made it worse. And now he's single and not focusing on filming anything other than gameplay so he has no need for a house that big. The only purpose of the house at the moment is a safety net.

That makes a lot of sense if they are going after you tubers then Phil must have been in their sights, I doubt he claimed as much as the onion who is owing 300k but I imagine they want receipts and details of everything dsp has claimed in the last three maybe 4 years which if he doesn't have he will be liable for.

that would make a lot of sense

Based on saying that he could lose the house I'd agree with people that it could be about IRS. He recently had to file taxes again didn't he? Or is that off by one month? As a lesser chance of what is happening, it could be the bank trying to take his house but I'm skeptical about that. Also skeptical about a shell corporation too.

The video actually was pretty vague so it does seem impossible to tell what is really going on so I'm not sure if we'll really figure anything out with this speculation but I'm hopeful that he'll pull through.

There does need to be a change or a series of changes to improve his situation. I've (relatively) recently had a financial situation put upon me but it isn't as severe as Phil's. Hopefully he can find some changes to do to bring in additional income as well as cutting his expenses. That condo must really be hurting. It would suck if he has to go back to that though. Any chance he can find a way to get rid of that quickly? Or maybe it can act as a safety net if he has no choice but to move back. Whoever said he needs to downsize is probably right. Moving is stressful time but he might have no choice. When I had to move to save money I sold pretty much as much as I could, cut as many services as I could, and kept barely anything.

As far as people mentioning other video sites, that might be a good idea to start using those. I wonder if he can add gameplay videos to sites besides YT or if there are some rules like there are with streaming to two sites.

Hang in there, Phil. I'm sure people here will offer advice or anything they can to help you out with the next steps whatever they may be.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Aceman said:

Also phil doesnt have lunch with other youtubers. 

You just pointed that he's never had lunch with any other Youtubers (PandaLee's exempt for obvious reasons) so it seems more likely that this isn't really him.

5 hours ago, PoorLanken said:

Well, if he is being audited (which I strongly believe it is with his revisioned thoughts of his "business" and keywords he used in the video) and they find out he hasn't been totally truithful about his "business"

Phil says in the video 'It's not your fault and it's not my fault and it's not YouTube and it's not Twitch'

This leaves only that he's being audited by the IRS, saying he can't talk about it is also a big clue, unless i'm mistaken, which i hope i am.

Edited by ilscuro

9 minutes ago, ilscuro said:

Phil says in the video 'It's not your fault and it's not my fault and it's not YouTube and it's not Twitch'

This leaves only that he's being audited by the IRS, saying he can't talk about it is also a big clue, unless i'm mistaken, which i hope i am.

If he did nothing wrong and his getting audit by the IRS he shouldn't be worried.....

14 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

What everyone is saying seems to make sense.

So basically the IRS is claiming that a YouTube career is not a business? Is that the theory?

It seems to be the theory. I don't know much about filing with the IRS for someone self-employed or as a business owner but they could be evaluating/re-evaulating YouTubers as a whole I guess. At least if that reddit post above from another YouTuber is legitimate that theory would make sense. But maybe we are wrong that this has anything to do with the IRS at all. We'll see eventually I guess